HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#80|Apr. 3, 2012|Rangers at Flyers |7:00 p.m. ET

Old
04-03-2012, 11:58 AM
mirimon

vCash: 500
Was Schenn really a winger on that line? Seems a bit strange to me. Not that Read isn't a capable center, but I'd rather have him on the wing than Schenn. Maybe neither Read nor Simmonds is comfortable playing as a lw (I think at least Simmonds has done so in the past however)?

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 12:02 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
Was Schenn really a winger on that line? Seems a bit strange to me. Not that Read isn't a capable center, but I'd rather have him on the wing than Schenn. Maybe neither Read nor Simmonds is comfortable playing as a lw (I think at least Simmonds has done so in the past however)?
This is how Tim P. listed it:

Quote:
Read goes between Schenn / Simmond; Lilja returns

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 12:10 PM
Xegiie

i dont really care if its going to be 6-5 or 1-0 or who scores the goal, just beat them..

Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 12:15 PM
mirimon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
This is how Tim P. listed it:
I suppose there will be some line juggling anyway, with players double shifting at times to take Shelley's spot.

Perhaps they see Schenn as a winger in the future, with Giroux and Couturier as our top centers? Maybe that's extrapolating things a bit too much though...

Old
04-03-2012, 12:16 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

I might be able to go to this game a little late. Is it possible to buy tickets at the wells Fargo center after the game starts?

King Forsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 12:52 PM
PAZUZU

if you are heading down for the game tonite, don't forget the phils are playing tonite at the exact same time, so leave yourself some extra time. phils had just over 40k there for last nite's game.

PAZUZU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 01:41 PM
flyersfan420

beat this team !!

flyersfan420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 02:22 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

You can bet the Talbot-Couturier-Voracek line will shadow the Haglin-Richards-Gaborik line all night long.

Danny Briere getting hurt really ****ed up our lines though. Schenn-Briere-Simmonds and Wellwood-Read-Voracek were really clicking well together (more so than the first line has been the past few games)

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 02:39 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Guys, report posts if you see a problem.

04-03-2012, 02:43 PM
Unstable

Love the idea of Sean having real linemates!

Unstable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 02:54 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1040
Quote:
I suppose there will be some line juggling anyway, with players double shifting at times to take Shelley's spot.

Perhaps they see Schenn as a winger in the future, with Giroux and Couturier as our top centers? Maybe that's extrapolating things a bit too much though...
As an aside: Emergency recalls couldn't be issued anyhow due to the lack of necessity based on available personnel. If Lilja was unable to perform, however, those requirements would have been met to promote a d-man (Gustafsson) as the team would have under six healthy bodies. With forwards, the critical number per the CBA is 11/12 for emergency recalls but Shelley is the 12th forward so no need to promote a forward under the emergency recall guideline.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 03:46 PM
TheLegendkiller

Shelley is likely playing that last games of his career. Hopefully he decides to go out with a ridiculous bang.

TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 04:13 PM
NewYorkFlyerFan

Quote:
Schenn's gonna be a center. I'd bet quite a bit on that. He's been taking draws for Briere. They probably wanna keep him at wing so they can plug Briere back in next week and keep the lines as close to the same as they can.

NewYorkFlyerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 04:13 PM
Larry44

Quote:

I think you're overthinking it. Schenn will probably be C over the long term, but the line with Briere and Simmonds was working with him at LW because he mostly took the down low coverage in the d-zone, effectively playing C and covering for Briere. Makes sense to leave those wingers together and throw Read between them for now.

Longer term, Briere will shift to RW and it will be Giroux, Couturier, Schenn as the top Cs, not necessarily in that order. We will all be very lucky the day Couts and Schenn push Claude to the 3C spot - that's a good team.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 04:26 PM
Go For It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
I think you're overthinking it. Schenn will probably be C over the long term, but the line with Briere and Simmonds was working with him at LW because he mostly took the down low coverage in the d-zone, effectively playing C and covering for Briere. Makes sense to leave those wingers together and throw Read between them for now.

Longer term, Briere will shift to RW and it will be Giroux, Couturier, Schenn as the top Cs, not necessarily in that order. We will all be very lucky the day Couts and Schenn push Claude to the 3C spot - that's a good team.
Wait...what?

Go For It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 04:28 PM
mirimon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkFlyerFan View Post
Schenn's gonna be a center. I'd bet quite a bit on that. He's been taking draws for Briere. They probably wanna keep him at wing so they can plug Briere back in next week and keep the lines as close to the same as they can.
Quote:

Yes, but since he was already taking on center duties defensively it would have seemed logical that he'd slot in as center full time with Brière out of the lineup. At least to me. I don't really think one can make any predictions for the future based on this decision, it might just be that I've wanted to see him in a more traditional center role for some time now.

Old
04-03-2012, 04:43 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post
Wait...what?
Just wishful thinking, of course, but then again, two years ago we speculated that someday Giroux would push Carter and Richards down the depth chart and how did that work out???

Old
04-03-2012, 04:45 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Yes, but since he was already taking on center duties defensively it would have seemed logical that he'd slot in as center full time with Brière out of the lineup. At least to me. I don't really think one can make any predictions for the future based on this decision, it might just be that I've wanted to see him in a more traditional center role for some time now.
I agree with you on wanting to see Schenn at C, just trying to get inside the coaches' heads.

If Briere will be back soon and he wants that line together, and also to have Read at C too, why not just leave them all at their current positions, move Read up as slot for a game or two, and then back when Danny returns?

Old
04-03-2012, 04:53 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Just wishful thinking, of course, but then again, two years ago we speculated that someday Giroux would push Carter and Richards down the depth chart and how did that work out???
Unless Giroux starts to suck, I believe they would move him to wing at that point.

I like how Schenn has looked at on wing. One of the main reasons Danny was turning it around. Honestly ever since Schenn got put on Danny's wing, Schenn looked like a totally different player. About 10 game ago (give or take) he wasnt looking to good. Totally different player now. Obviously I hope he is a center in the future but I dont mind when he plays better on the wing.

Old
04-03-2012, 05:14 PM
Flyersfan139

I hope it's bryz tonight!! Beat these clowns for once!

Flyersfan139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 05:17 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Unless Giroux starts to suck, I believe they would move him to wing at that point.

I like how Schenn has looked at on wing. One of the main reasons Danny was turning it around. Honestly ever since Schenn got put on Danny's wing, Schenn looked like a totally different player. About 10 game ago (give or take) he wasnt looking to good. Totally different player now. Obviously I hope he is a center in the future but I dont mind when he plays better on the wing.
Agreed. There are many ways to mix in 4 natural centres on 3 lines. Lavy is committed to Briere at C for the foreseeable future, so someone has to move over. Last year it was Carter, now it's Schenn.

Old
04-03-2012, 05:19 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersfan139 View Post
I hope it's bryz tonight!! Beat these clowns for once!
Bryz is in tonight

https://twitter.com/#!/faketpanotch/...75967113334786

Quote:
Bryz taking nap inside goalie net here @ Wells Farg. Curled up like giant cat. I believe he starts 2night
HA! Bryz is really starting tonight though according to the beat writers. MSE also I believe has it in his first post

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 05:29 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

We havent beat the Rangers since February 2011.....2011....

Old
04-03-2012, 05:54 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Forgot to DVR this one so I will miss the first period and part of the second. Ugh.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 06:05 PM
Phunhog

Comcast down in Dover area

Phunhog is offline   Reply With Quote