HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3.31.12 Hawks @ Preds 500 and counting

Old
04-02-2012, 12:11 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
No need for apologies. The common theme of crapping on one another is getting worse and worse. That needs to change so that everyone can enjoy participating. That's all I'm asking.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 12:13 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
] Funny thing is, he puts up the same numbers and defensive effort year in and year out
Consistency: One who hasn't come close to the numbers he put up in his contract year? Hasn't scored over 20 goals except in his contract year? The only time he was played 3rd line consistently he responded with a 40 game goal drought?

Sorry I don't see the consistent effort. He takes lots of games off and coasts frequently. He gets complacent in the offensive zone and avoids battles, probably because he usually loses them.

Here's to hoping Legwand again turns up his compete level in the playoffs, and we see less of what happened on Seabrook's goal. I am expecting it and have some faith that Legwand will come through for us in the playoffs.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 12:44 PM
cju1979
Radulov Convert

I was there Saturday and here's the thing...The Bridgestone Staff and Preds Fans are 99% awesome to everybody and who they cheer for. It's called revenue and respect. Yeah, it sucks seeing a sea of red at our home but this is OUR HOME. Treat it as such. Most of these people live here for a reason. This state kicks ass! Our team and fans kick ass. Only thing we should do is be louder and help our team know we support them. Whether boo-ing the ****** play in thh 1st period like I was doing or screaming in their faces during any good plays.

Chicago will always be SECOND City...but this is Music City AKA Smashville. Be proud that people want to come here.

PS...Our over-effort looked terrible Saturday besides Webber, Rads, Peks at times. Tootoo looked out of it and I was kinda glad he didn't get a lot of 2/3rd period time. Gimme some Wilson and Smith please.

Last edited by TMI: 04-02-2012 at 12:48 PM. Reason: filter circumvention
cju1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 05:00 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
Oh so now you know the exact numbers of how many Preds fans have season tickets in the lower bowl??? I dont think so. 85% or better in the lower middle areas are season ticket holders. I know this to be a fact. If you do not believe it try to get season tickets in that area next year. I have been to atleast 18 games this year so i have done my part. I also have playoff tickets for the first two rounds.
Check out stub hub, craigslist, and other sites before the games. FULL of season ticket holders selling their tickets for double and triple value. Every hawks and wings game is the same way. Went to a hawks game on Thursday night and it was full of hawks fans like Saturday night. I also went to a Wings game on a Saturday night and before the game around the arena you would have thought you were in Detroit. The lower bowl looked to have more wings than Preds fans.

Facts are facts.
So you know the numbers for a fact, but it's a stretch to think anyone else might also?

I don't need to try to get tickets somewhere else, I'm happy with my season tickets where they have been since day one, but thanks.

If the Thursday Hawk game you went to was this season then that would not have compared to what was in the arena on either Saturday night games. I am not lying when I say that the first time they came down in Jan. there were more Hawk fans than Preds. And this game was almost the same. And in the lower bowl, the sheer number of them down there were more than we have STH's down there, it doesn't take "facts" to see that. If all the hawks fans were in STH seats (plus combined with the ones that did go to the game - of which there were a lot), we would have a waiting list for season tickets.

The way you describe downtown for the Detroit game, is how it was for Chicago on Saturday. Coming down the elevator at the parking garage, I watched as Hawk fans poured out of the Renaissance. At the bar before the game, Hawk fans. At other places, they were 3 deep of Hawk fans. The lower bowl where Chicago attacks twice was red.

I'm not saying that no one sold their tickets, I'm just saying that you can't blame STH's for so many CHI fans being at the game. It's not a stretch to say that Chicago fans actually went out and bought their own tickets. I don't know what else to say because apparently you aren't going to believe what I say but, this was NOT just season ticket holders selling their tickets.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 06:13 AM
deanwormer

vCash: 437
Also, just like there are many motor city transplants here, there are chicagoans. lots of hockey fans. we "complain" about the PREDwings fans who are with us for all but the 3 times the winged-wheels show up - that'd be my niece in that group. they been showing their colors since day 1. hawks fans were embarrassed to be hawks fans, so the PREDAhawks weren't showing their colors until last couple years when they put a respectable team on the ice.

So, weekend game - Nashvillians don't gobble up all the weekend tix at the beginning of the season, Smashville is a great town to visit and has cheap hockey tix - easy for out-of-town fans to buy early for a visit. So, in the case of Det or Chic, with so many folks grew up from childhood rooting for them already here it makes it look a little rough in the crowd sometimes.

and slamming the season tix holders - if you do, you best be one yourself or you got no place to complain. personally, I can't very often (and frankly don't want to) go down for 3 games in a week. but I have a niece and a kid to give my tix too, and my niece doesn't get my wings tix cause I'm not gonna' contribute to more red in the seats! :-) Point is, we have a ticket base that is heavily individuals and more than the dollars spent to buy the tix, 41 dates plus POs is an awful lotta' nights downtown, especially when they come in bunches like 6 over 13 days. I mean, there are a few other things I'd like to do with my entertainment time and they can't all be done in the off-season. :-)

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 06:54 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

I don't see why it matters. Attendance has been great. So a few games out of the year we see the opposing fans travel well. Who cares? It isn't like the arena is empty but for the grace of Blackhawks fans or anything

Old
04-03-2012, 09:25 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

I am a FSTH and I brought a hawks fan with me. I am a bad fan I guess.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 09:52 AM
SavageSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post
Also, just like there are many motor city transplants here, there are chicagoans. lots of hockey fans. we "complain" about the PREDwings fans who are with us for all but the 3 times the winged-wheels show up - that'd be my niece in that group. they been showing their colors since day 1. hawks fans were embarrassed to be hawks fans, so the PREDAhawks weren't showing their colors until last couple years when they put a respectable team on the ice.

So, weekend game - Nashvillians don't gobble up all the weekend tix at the beginning of the season, Smashville is a great town to visit and has cheap hockey tix - easy for out-of-town fans to buy early for a visit. So, in the case of Det or Chic, with so many folks grew up from childhood rooting for them already here it makes it look a little rough in the crowd sometimes.

and slamming the season tix holders - if you do, you best be one yourself or you got no place to complain. personally, I can't very often (and frankly don't want to) go down for 3 games in a week. but I have a niece and a kid to give my tix too, and my niece doesn't get my wings tix cause I'm not gonna' contribute to more red in the seats! :-) Point is, we have a ticket base that is heavily individuals and more than the dollars spent to buy the tix, 41 dates plus POs is an awful lotta' nights downtown, especially when they come in bunches like 6 over 13 days. I mean, there are a few other things I'd like to do with my entertainment time and they can't all be done in the off-season. :-)
Also didn't help that Metro Davidson and Williamson Counties were out for Spring Break. Two large bases for Pred's Season tickets and assuming didn't want the hassle of selling on Craigslist or scalpers when they take off on spring/Easter vacations. I had a lot of Hawks fans in season ticket holder seats in 304 Saturday night that I am sure paid top dollar on Ticketmaster exchange to help the STH's pay for playoff tickets... Thought about it myself but couldn't bring myself to sell to Hawks fans being a St. Louis transplant that turn-coated on the Blues (yes my friends from high school accuse me of going 'native').

I possess a certain kind of hate and jumpiness for the Blackhawks sweater that is ingrained in my psyche that just makes my blood boil from games in the old St. Louis Arena/Checkerdome where there were many fights between Hawks and Blues fans in the stands, bathrooms, and corridors in the 1980's and not a game to take your family to for sure. In retrospect, I probably should have sold my tix as I am still kinda mad about all of the Hawks fans in our building and what saved me was being on call for emergencies at work and not being able to imbibe alcohol in moderate quantities. So if you ever wonder why Blues fans are the way they are... many (but not all) were raised this way in terms of hockey. The emotional/mental state of being a hygienic feminine rinse of vinegar and water comes out in old heated Norris Division rivals and does shed some light in my own particular idiom of why Arabs and Jews hate each other so much after all of these centuries.

SavageSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 09:54 AM
VFL615*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle twin View Post
So you know the numbers for a fact, but it's a stretch to think anyone else might also?

I don't need to try to get tickets somewhere else, I'm happy with my season tickets where they have been since day one, but thanks.

If the Thursday Hawk game you went to was this season then that would not have compared to what was in the arena on either Saturday night games. I am not lying when I say that the first time they came down in Jan. there were more Hawk fans than Preds. And this game was almost the same. And in the lower bowl, the sheer number of them down there were more than we have STH's down there, it doesn't take "facts" to see that. If all the hawks fans were in STH seats (plus combined with the ones that did go to the game - of which there were a lot), we would have a waiting list for season tickets.

The way you describe downtown for the Detroit game, is how it was for Chicago on Saturday. Coming down the elevator at the parking garage, I watched as Hawk fans poured out of the Renaissance. At the bar before the game, Hawk fans. At other places, they were 3 deep of Hawk fans. The lower bowl where Chicago attacks twice was red.

I'm not saying that no one sold their tickets, I'm just saying that you can't blame STH's for so many CHI fans being at the game. It's not a stretch to say that Chicago fans actually went out and bought their own tickets. I don't know what else to say because apparently you aren't going to believe what I say but, this was NOT just season ticket holders selling their tickets.
Like i said yes i do know the season ticket holder numbers in the lower bowl and it is not 30% like you are trying to paint it. I ALSO SAID THE LOWER BOWL MIDDLE AREAS.

I also did not blame the season ticket holders for ALL of the hawks or wings fans in the seats. Because i am smart enough to know that is not the case and is why i did not say that in the first place like you are trying to paint it. A lot of these arguments being flagged by moderators is caused because people are only reading what they want to and painting distorted pictures of what is said. Kind of like i get in a hurry and my grammer and spelling is not always the best..lol

The fact is the Smashville should never look like Chicago or Detroit at a home game. It is unacceptable and embarrassing. I am sure the team does not appreciate looking up and it feeling like an away game. If no one cares because it means butts are in the seats and money is being made than i do not know what to say to you. Oh well atleast we are making the playoffs. No wonder players have a tough time wanting to come here.

I would love to see the outrage if Nashville fans outnumbered Blues or Hawks fans in STL or CHI.

Last edited by VFL615*: 04-03-2012 at 10:03 AM.
VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 10:00 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

I was not at the game and I was watching it wt a bar so I couldn't hear, but I find it hard to believe Chicago fans outnumbered Preds fans.

Old
04-03-2012, 10:40 AM
drwpreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I was not at the game and I was watching it wt a bar so I couldn't hear, but I find it hard to believe Chicago fans outnumbered Preds fans.
I was going to point out the same thing- people always exaggerate the number of opposing fans- for their fans to outnumber Preds fans, that means there were over 8,556 Blackhawks fans in the building- no way

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 10:58 AM
Shea Weber

There is always a lot of Hawks fans in the Bridge. This is not a new phenomenon.

The ones I've talked to say that it's cheaper to travel to NSH for a game than go to a game in CHI.

Definitely did not outnumber Preds fans, and no...not in the lower bowl either.

Shea Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 11:00 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
It was a lot more fun when the Hawks fans wore bags over their heads....

anyway, anyone gonna do todays GDT?? (Im not volunteering, just asking)

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 11:20 AM
predfan24

Quote:
They outnumbered Preds fans in some lower bowl sections but not in the whole stadium for sure.

I think most people who went through the whole ownership/possible relocation fiasco would agree with me when I say I don't care who fills up the seats at the Bridge as long as they are full I know ownership is happy and if they are happy then I'm happy. Would it be nice if it was all Preds fans? Yes, but beggars can't be choosers.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 11:50 AM
Drake744
Keep Seth Jones

vCash: 325
Quote:
When the game ended and all Preds fans were leaving and Hawks fans were still at their seats it was pretty interesting to see how many there were. In my best guess I would say it was maybe 30 to 35% Chicago fans as a whole. Maybe more, maybe less. Some places down low though the Preds fans were the minority.

It makes me wonder if Hawks fans in Chicago circled this game on the calendar long ago when tickets first went on sale and just bought a bunch of them before our fans got around to buying them. Late season game in Nashville on a Saturday would likely draw interest from a lot of opposing fans, much less a relatively close divisional rival with a huge fanbase. I mean yeah there were probably quite a few that got them through Ticket Exchange, Stubhub, Craigslist, etc but it does make me wonder how many got theirs a long time ago, like before the season even started.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 12:33 PM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
When the game ended and all Preds fans were leaving and Hawks fans were still at their seats it was pretty interesting to see how many there were. In my best guess I would say it was maybe 30 to 35% Chicago fans as a whole. Maybe more, maybe less. Some places down low though the Preds fans were the minority.

It makes me wonder if Hawks fans in Chicago circled this game on the calendar long ago when tickets first went on sale and just bought a bunch of them before our fans got around to buying them. Late season game in Nashville on a Saturday would likely draw interest from a lot of opposing fans, much less a relatively close divisional rival with a huge fanbase. I mean yeah there were probably quite a few that got them through Ticket Exchange, Stubhub, Craigslist, etc but it does make me wonder how many got theirs a long time ago, like before the season even started.
the preds had all the games after the first of the year "frozen" out..... so you couldn't even buy tickets to that game until Jan 1st.,or maybe it was mid Dec. (from the Preds)
the new variable pricing experiment.... hate it, personally.

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 12:43 PM
Drake744
Keep Seth Jones

Well then clearly that wasn't the case.

Old
04-03-2012, 01:43 PM
Neal Before Zod

Quote:
They didn't.

There were definitely a lot of Chicago fans. Whoever said about 30%...probably 5,000+...that seemed about right. You could tell the difference between the two when we scored. We were definitely a lot louder. They did make a good bit of noise, though.

Now...at the bars...I would say the Chicago fans outnumbered the Preds fans (after the game)...and for good reason.

I chatted with a number of them. Most were pretty nice...had a little friendly banter with them. Got a lot of comments about how they STILL don't want to play us in the playoffs, and that they felt fortunate to get a win here.

Didn't run across any fights or situations where it looked like there would be fights. From what I could tell...most were pretty civil. Of course, most people are that way to me because I'm a helluva lot bigger than them.

Every one I talked to raved about our bar scene.

Neal Before Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 02:16 PM
drwpreds

I'll just say this- I wish there was a way that we could get a true number of how many Hawks fans were there- I would be willing to bet a good amount of money that there weren't 5,000 there.

Now, don't get me wrong, there were a lot of them, and I don't like it anymore than the next person, but I don't think they took up over 1/3 of the building. As I said earlier, I think people tend to exaggerate the number when trying to estimate.

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 02:36 PM
Drake744
Keep Seth Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by drw View Post
I'll just say this- I wish there was a way that we could get a true number of how many Hawks fans were there- I would be willing to bet a good amount of money that there weren't 5,000 there.

Now, don't get me wrong, there were a lot of them, and I don't like it anymore than the next person, but I don't think they took up over 1/3 of the building. As I said earlier, I think people tend to exaggerate the number when trying to estimate.
My original guess was 40% but then I realized 30% was probably pretty close.

Old
04-03-2012, 02:43 PM
VFL615*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post

Exactly..Especially in the middle and the shoot once zone. It looks awful in person and on t.v. I could only imagine what it looks like to players who think the ice is colder on another rink.
No the Preds fans have not been outnumbered but it is a lot closer than i think some understand. The last Saturday night game against Detroit was pretty darn close to 50% wings fans.
Sure i like seeing the $ come in but it is not fun going to a game where the other teams fans take over the building and downtown. It is really not going to be fun if it happens in the playoffs.

Old
04-03-2012, 02:51 PM
Neal Before Zod

Quote:
It is really not going to be fun if it happens in the playoffs.
I can remember back when Preds/Red Wing games really were close to 50/50...but when the playoffs came around (like 04), there were very few Wings fans there.

I think with the playoffs you'll see a much higher percentage of Preds fans...as we can buy playoff tickets without having to worry who our opponent is. Detroit and Chicago aren't going to be buying playoff tickets in Nashville unless they know they're playing us.

It's a little different than a regular season game, when you have months to plan on a date and buy tickets well ahead of time. I would be surprised if more than 5% of the playoff tickets go to the other team.

Old
04-03-2012, 03:03 PM
VFL615*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BourqueBourqueBork View Post
I can remember back when Preds/Red Wing games really were close to 50/50...but when the playoffs came around (like 04), there were very few Wings fans there.

I think with the playoffs you'll see a much higher percentage of Preds fans...as we can buy playoff tickets without having to worry who our opponent is. Detroit and Chicago aren't going to be buying playoff tickets in Nashville unless they know they're playing us.

It's a little different than a regular season game, when you have months to plan on a date and buy tickets well ahead of time. I would be surprised if more than 5% of the playoff tickets go to the other team.
Funny thing is the only people who had tickets they could buy a couple of weeks ago was season ticket holders. I went to stub hub at that time and hundreds of tickets for game 1 and 2 where on sale. Thats for a playoff game. Currently on Stubhub for game 1 in Nashville has 1,572 tickets available and the only people who have access now are season ticketholders and people who buy a pack with the last two games of the season.

Old
04-03-2012, 03:11 PM
Neal Before Zod

Quote:
Funny thing is the only people who had tickets they could buy a couple of weeks ago was season ticket holders. I went to stub hub at that time and hundreds of tickets for game 1 and 2 where on sale. Thats for a playoff game. Currently on Stubhub for game 1 in Nashville has 1,572 tickets available and the only people who have access now are season ticketholders and people who buy a pack with the last two games of the season.
...and Detroit and Chicago fans still won't be buying them because it's not certain that either one will be playing us.

Old
04-03-2012, 03:14 PM
predwings

Quote:
There are lots of scalpers who have STH seats and who take advantage of making their money back for the year. Some STH who are too busy and can't make it to the playoff games and many freebie tickets given to Nashville businesses and such that people get as corporate gifts and whatnot...many of these will have been handed out recently and are more than likely sold as they find the hands of people who still don't understand what it is.

predwings is offline   Reply With Quote