HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Playoff Avatar Voting Thread! (Examples in post #1)

View Poll Results: Which avatar should we use this post-season?
Ancient Aliens 71 51.45%
#therightway 48 34.78%
Soft Team 3 2.17%
Broadway Hat 8 5.80%
Lucky Team 3 2.17%
Bad Team 5 3.62%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-03-2012, 02:48 PM
  #51
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 15,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
Wow for some reason I am having a LOT of trouble fitting in the stanley cup playoffs logo. Whenever I put it in the .gif goes way overweight from like 13kb to 50kb... This is even when I reduce the size of it to like 6KB...
Try this one, it was probably the gradient in it. This one is only 7k.


__________________
Ail is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 02:51 PM
  #52
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 15,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
I can't vote, but I'll get all that stuff back the day before the playoffs start. Timing infractions #therightway (please note this was just a joke, I really didn't realize how that would work out at the time. just good luck) So yeah, I'd be voting for #therightway
Added.

Ail is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 02:52 PM
  #53
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 17,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
One of the two of us is hallucinating because I don't see a dubinsky one. And what's up with the random ranger hate as we're going for the presidents trophy with only a few games left? Start supporting the team #therightway, vote #therightway
"So how was Dubinsky only able to score 9 goals this season". It's not Rangers hate, I want something really unexplainable. Dubinsky scoring 9 goals while a surprise is not like Getzlaf for example scoring 9 goals. There were a couple of other examples that I really liked though. BTW, it also has a negative vibe to it. Need somethign with a more positive vibe.

SnowblindNYR is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 02:53 PM
  #54
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug
 
Fire Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 18,755
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
Gotta be #therightway

Maybe I'm just too old but I think the alien thing is kinda stupid (no offense to anyone).
Yeah, nothing against the guy who came up with it, its just completley random and has nothing to do with NYR
#therightway is the right way

Fire Sather is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 02:54 PM
  #55
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
I dunno, if you've been on the internet in the last 3 years, I don't think you need to have actually watched the show.
i've been on the internet for way more than the last 3 years and I've never heard of ancient aliens. seems odd to have playoff avatars based on an eccentric tv show that many people haven't heard of...and that has nothing (as far as i can tell) to do with hockey.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 02:55 PM
  #56
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 15,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
I still want to see an example of "this is a soft team" and "this is a lucky team". For now I like the aliens one, but don't like the Dubinsky one. Dubinsky only has 9 goals because he's not that good of a player not very unexplainable.
There will probably be no example of "soft team" because it is very far down in the voting right now. Unless someone else decides to make it.

You can put whatever you want in the first frame of the Aliens one, it doesn't have to be Dubinsky. Also, that's part of the joke, obviously it is not Aliens making Dubinsky the suck this year.

Ail is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 02:57 PM
  #57
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
i've been on the internet for way more than the last 3 years and I've never heard of ancient aliens. seems odd to have playoff avatars based on an eccentric tv show that many people haven't heard of...and that has nothing (as far as i can tell) to do with hockey.
It's a popular meme. That's why is so popular, not because of the TV show.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 03:01 PM
  #58
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart
 
Kel Varnsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
"So how was Dubinsky only able to score 9 goals this season". It's not Rangers hate, I want something really unexplainable. Dubinsky scoring 9 goals while a surprise is not like Getzlaf for example scoring 9 goals. There were a couple of other examples that I really liked though. BTW, it also has a negative vibe to it. Need somethign with a more positive vibe.
I see now you were referring to a specific alien example. The way you worded it made it seem like you were talking about a dubinsky option that was competing with aliens and #therightway. Still saying dubi isn't a good player was uncalled for. He was our best forward just last year. If you're a fan of the team, support the team. Don't trash it. He's a good player who had a rough season. No one was calling him getzlaf.

That being said, vote the right way. Vote for #therightway.

Kel Varnsen is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 03:04 PM
  #59
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 15,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
Yeah, nothing against the guy who came up with it, its just completley random and has nothing to do with NYR
#therightway is the right way
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
i've been on the internet for way more than the last 3 years and I've never heard of ancient aliens. seems odd to have playoff avatars based on an eccentric tv show that many people haven't heard of...and that has nothing (as far as i can tell) to do with hockey.
Look around the league, every year other teams boards use avatars that don't necessarily have anything to do with their team.

Why does everything have to be related directly to the team, or something ultra serious?

Generally the best avatars around the league every year are creative are don't just go for the most obvious theme that represents the team.

Ail is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 03:05 PM
  #60
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank
 
KingWantsCup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5,289
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Try this one, it was probably the gradient in it. This one is only 7k.

Yeah the .gif is still way over sized, thanks though. I don't use photoshop or any real program, it's some little .gif builder on some myspace focused website. Maybe that has something to do with it, I'm not sure. The three file sizes do no add up to over 20KB, but when in a .gif it bloats to 50KB somehow.

KingWantsCup is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 03:08 PM
  #61
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 15,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
Yeah the .gif is still way over sized, thanks though. I don't use photoshop or any real program, it's some little .gif builder on some myspace focused website. Maybe that has something to do with it, I'm not sure. The three file sizes do no add up to over 20KB, but when in a .gif it bloats to 50KB somehow.
Yeah it has to be adding data. It's hard to get things under 20kb even with Photoshop.

Ail is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 03:12 PM
  #62
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,809
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Look around the league, every year other teams boards use avatars that don't necessarily have anything to do with their team.

Why does everything have to be related directly to the team, or something ultra serious?

Generally the best avatars around the league every year are creative are don't just go for the most obvious theme that represents the team.
Yeah it doesn't have to be serious but #therightway doesn't have to be serious. You could make up stuff like "Sather rips off GM's #therightway" or "Henrik combs his hair #therightway." Stupid **** like that could work.

The reason why I've just soured on the alien idea is because I've grown tired of meme's in general since they've gone extremely mainstream. I feel like most, if not all, of the ideas we've come up with could go with this idea that ties into the team. We could even do #thewrongway for some avatars too to make a joke out of it.

__________________
http://hfboards.com/image.php?u=53946&type=sigpic&dateline=1320361610
NYRFAN218 is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 03:25 PM
  #63
Jabroni
Moderator
The Corporate Mod
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,542
vCash: 500
Gabby buys his Christmas trees #therightway.


Jabroni is online now  
Old
04-03-2012, 03:40 PM
  #64
AdamBanks99
MinnesotaMiracleMan
 
AdamBanks99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 360
vCash: 500
Boyle dresses up like Buddy the Elf ... #therightway

AdamBanks99 is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 04:05 PM
  #65
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank
 
KingWantsCup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5,289
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Yeah it has to be adding data. It's hard to get things under 20kb even with Photoshop.
20kb is not a lot of room to work with lol. Not that it matters much either way because of the Aliens theme running away with the vote, but If you want you can take my luck theme avatar from page 2 to represent the luck theme in your original post since it doesn't have anything anyway.

KingWantsCup is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 04:08 PM
  #66
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart
 
Kel Varnsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
20kb is not a lot of room to work with lol. Not that it matters much either way because of the Aliens theme running away with the vote, but If you want you can take my luck theme avatar from page 2 to represent the luck theme in your original post since it doesn't have anything anyway.
Less than 50% of the vote with almost all of the other votes going #therightway, and you're calling that "running away with the vote"?

Kel Varnsen is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 04:22 PM
  #67
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Look around the league, every year other teams boards use avatars that don't necessarily have anything to do with their team.

Why does everything have to be related directly to the team, or something ultra serious?

Generally the best avatars around the league every year are creative are don't just go for the most obvious theme that represents the team.
Because winning the Cup is serious business. Serious teams do it #therightway

I think there should be a #therightway vs. Aliens vote with no second options for fairness.

WhipNash27 is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 04:32 PM
  #68
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 15,933
vCash: 500
A challenger appears:



DoTheBlue has created this theme for the Broadway hat. If you want to change your vote, please reply with your original vote, and the new vote. I will keep tally in the first post.

Ail is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 04:57 PM
  #69
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun
 
Cynical TyranT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: TX
Country: American Samoa
Posts: 4,027
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Alright I cant photoshop but maybe something like this... a pic of whatever Ranger you want doing something.... ya know, Cally scoring goals or the whole Rangers crowd salute... then something like:

"28 goal grinder?" - "The Mayans were right..."



You can then put the Stanley Cup on the pyramid or some such...



Its the end of the world.


Cynical TyranT is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 05:48 PM
  #70
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 15,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical TyranT View Post
Alright I cant photoshop but maybe something like this... a pic of whatever Ranger you want doing something.... ya know, Cally scoring goals or the whole Rangers crowd salute... then something like:

"28 goal grinder?" - "The Mayans were right..."



You can then put the Stanley Cup on the pyramid or some such...



Its the end of the world.

Large:



Small:


Ail is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 06:25 PM
  #71
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
I call dibs on this Messier one:

How is it that Mark Messier became a bad leader after leaving the Rangers?

Im not saying it was aliens, but it was aliens

Kershaw is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 08:01 PM
  #72
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils
 
Tanner Glass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 16,744
vCash: 50
Something based on "we are Qvistian"

Tanner Glass is online now  
Old
04-03-2012, 08:04 PM
  #73
DoTheBlue
Off Season Blues
 
DoTheBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 6,764
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar View Post
Something based on "we are Qvistian"
Lot's of possibilities with this.

DoTheBlue is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 08:48 PM
  #74
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun
 
Cynical TyranT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: TX
Country: American Samoa
Posts: 4,027
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Large:



Small:

dude that's awesome. That should really be the one hahahahah

Cynical TyranT is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 08:49 PM
  #75
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 15,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar View Post
Something based on "we are Qvistian"
God dammit. You guys are killing me.

Ail is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:54 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.