HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Playoff Avatar Voting Thread! (Examples in post #1)

View Poll Results: Which avatar should we use this post-season?
Ancient Aliens 71 51.45%
#therightway 48 34.78%
Soft Team 3 2.17%
Broadway Hat 8 5.80%
Lucky Team 3 2.17%
Bad Team 5 3.62%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
04-03-2012, 02:48 PM
Ail
k.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
Wow for some reason I am having a LOT of trouble fitting in the stanley cup playoffs logo. Whenever I put it in the .gif goes way overweight from like 13kb to 50kb... This is even when I reduce the size of it to like 6KB...
Try this one, it was probably the gradient in it. This one is only 7k.

04-03-2012, 02:51 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
I can't vote, but I'll get all that stuff back the day before the playoffs start. Timing infractions #therightway (please note this was just a joke, I really didn't realize how that would work out at the time. just good luck) So yeah, I'd be voting for #therightway
Added.

Old
04-03-2012, 02:52 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
One of the two of us is hallucinating because I don't see a dubinsky one. And what's up with the random ranger hate as we're going for the presidents trophy with only a few games left? Start supporting the team #therightway, vote #therightway
"So how was Dubinsky only able to score 9 goals this season". It's not Rangers hate, I want something really unexplainable. Dubinsky scoring 9 goals while a surprise is not like Getzlaf for example scoring 9 goals. There were a couple of other examples that I really liked though. BTW, it also has a negative vibe to it. Need somethign with a more positive vibe.

Old
04-03-2012, 02:53 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
Gotta be #therightway

Maybe I'm just too old but I think the alien thing is kinda stupid (no offense to anyone).
Yeah, nothing against the guy who came up with it, its just completley random and has nothing to do with NYR
#therightway is the right way

Old
04-03-2012, 02:54 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
I dunno, if you've been on the internet in the last 3 years, I don't think you need to have actually watched the show.
i've been on the internet for way more than the last 3 years and I've never heard of ancient aliens. seems odd to have playoff avatars based on an eccentric tv show that many people haven't heard of...and that has nothing (as far as i can tell) to do with hockey.

Old
04-03-2012, 02:55 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
I still want to see an example of "this is a soft team" and "this is a lucky team". For now I like the aliens one, but don't like the Dubinsky one. Dubinsky only has 9 goals because he's not that good of a player not very unexplainable.
There will probably be no example of "soft team" because it is very far down in the voting right now. Unless someone else decides to make it.

You can put whatever you want in the first frame of the Aliens one, it doesn't have to be Dubinsky. Also, that's part of the joke, obviously it is not Aliens making Dubinsky the suck this year.

Old
04-03-2012, 02:57 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
i've been on the internet for way more than the last 3 years and I've never heard of ancient aliens. seems odd to have playoff avatars based on an eccentric tv show that many people haven't heard of...and that has nothing (as far as i can tell) to do with hockey.
It's a popular meme. That's why is so popular, not because of the TV show.

Old
04-03-2012, 03:01 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
"So how was Dubinsky only able to score 9 goals this season". It's not Rangers hate, I want something really unexplainable. Dubinsky scoring 9 goals while a surprise is not like Getzlaf for example scoring 9 goals. There were a couple of other examples that I really liked though. BTW, it also has a negative vibe to it. Need somethign with a more positive vibe.
I see now you were referring to a specific alien example. The way you worded it made it seem like you were talking about a dubinsky option that was competing with aliens and #therightway. Still saying dubi isn't a good player was uncalled for. He was our best forward just last year. If you're a fan of the team, support the team. Don't trash it. He's a good player who had a rough season. No one was calling him getzlaf.

That being said, vote the right way. Vote for #therightway.

Old
04-03-2012, 03:04 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
Yeah, nothing against the guy who came up with it, its just completley random and has nothing to do with NYR
#therightway is the right way
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Look around the league, every year other teams boards use avatars that don't necessarily have anything to do with their team.

Why does everything have to be related directly to the team, or something ultra serious?

Generally the best avatars around the league every year are creative are don't just go for the most obvious theme that represents the team.

Old
04-03-2012, 03:05 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Try this one, it was probably the gradient in it. This one is only 7k.

Yeah the .gif is still way over sized, thanks though. I don't use photoshop or any real program, it's some little .gif builder on some myspace focused website. Maybe that has something to do with it, I'm not sure. The three file sizes do no add up to over 20KB, but when in a .gif it bloats to 50KB somehow.

Old
04-03-2012, 03:08 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Yeah the .gif is still way over sized, thanks though. I don't use photoshop or any real program, it's some little .gif builder on some myspace focused website. Maybe that has something to do with it, I'm not sure. The three file sizes do no add up to over 20KB, but when in a .gif it bloats to 50KB somehow.
Yeah it has to be adding data. It's hard to get things under 20kb even with Photoshop.

Old
04-03-2012, 03:12 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Look around the league, every year other teams boards use avatars that don't necessarily have anything to do with their team.

Why does everything have to be related directly to the team, or something ultra serious?

Generally the best avatars around the league every year are creative are don't just go for the most obvious theme that represents the team.
Yeah it doesn't have to be serious but #therightway doesn't have to be serious. You could make up stuff like "Sather rips off GM's #therightway" or "Henrik combs his hair #therightway." Stupid **** like that could work.

The reason why I've just soured on the alien idea is because I've grown tired of meme's in general since they've gone extremely mainstream. I feel like most, if not all, of the ideas we've come up with could go with this idea that ties into the team. We could even do #thewrongway for some avatars too to make a joke out of it.

04-03-2012, 03:25 PM
Jabroni
The Corporate Mod

Gabby buys his Christmas trees #therightway.

Old
04-03-2012, 03:40 PM
AdamBanks99
MinnesotaMiracleMan

Boyle dresses up like Buddy the Elf ... #therightway

Old
04-03-2012, 04:05 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

Quote:
Yeah it has to be adding data. It's hard to get things under 20kb even with Photoshop.
20kb is not a lot of room to work with lol. Not that it matters much either way because of the Aliens theme running away with the vote, but If you want you can take my luck theme avatar from page 2 to represent the luck theme in your original post since it doesn't have anything anyway.

Old
04-03-2012, 04:08 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

Quote:
20kb is not a lot of room to work with lol. Not that it matters much either way because of the Aliens theme running away with the vote, but If you want you can take my luck theme avatar from page 2 to represent the luck theme in your original post since it doesn't have anything anyway.
Less than 50% of the vote with almost all of the other votes going #therightway, and you're calling that "running away with the vote"?

Old
04-03-2012, 04:22 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:

Because winning the Cup is serious business. Serious teams do it #therightway

I think there should be a #therightway vs. Aliens vote with no second options for fairness.

Old
04-03-2012, 04:32 PM
Ail
k.

A challenger appears:

DoTheBlue has created this theme for the Broadway hat. If you want to change your vote, please reply with your original vote, and the new vote. I will keep tally in the first post.

Old
04-03-2012, 04:57 PM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Alright I cant photoshop but maybe something like this... a pic of whatever Ranger you want doing something.... ya know, Cally scoring goals or the whole Rangers crowd salute... then something like:

"28 goal grinder?" - "The Mayans were right..."

You can then put the Stanley Cup on the pyramid or some such...

Its the end of the world.

Old
04-03-2012, 05:48 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical TyranT View Post
Alright I cant photoshop but maybe something like this... a pic of whatever Ranger you want doing something.... ya know, Cally scoring goals or the whole Rangers crowd salute... then something like:

"28 goal grinder?" - "The Mayans were right..."

You can then put the Stanley Cup on the pyramid or some such...

Its the end of the world.

Large:

Small:

Old
04-03-2012, 06:25 PM
Kershaw

I call dibs on this Messier one:

How is it that Mark Messier became a bad leader after leaving the Rangers?

Im not saying it was aliens, but it was aliens

Old
04-03-2012, 08:01 PM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

Something based on "we are Qvistian"

Old
04-03-2012, 08:04 PM
DoTheBlue
Off Season Blues