HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3.31.12 Hawks @ Preds 500 and counting

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-03-2012, 03:25 PM
  #326
VFL615*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Middle Tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BourqueBourqueBork View Post
...and Detroit and Chicago fans still won't be buying them because it's not certain that either one will be playing us.
Just a little proof on season ticketholders buying tickets and then selling them. Who knows who they are selling to. If they are willing to do it for a playoff game just imagine the regular season.

VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 03:28 PM
  #327
VFL615*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Middle Tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predwings View Post
There are lots of scalpers who have STH seats and who take advantage of making their money back for the year. Some STH who are too busy and can't make it to the playoff games and many freebie tickets given to Nashville businesses and such that people get as corporate gifts and whatnot...many of these will have been handed out recently and are more than likely sold as they find the hands of people who still don't understand what it is.
You are defending the point i made in earlier posts. To many people who have access to season tickets really do not give a crap about Predators hockey. Until this changes we will always have an away game in Nashville for the Wings/Hawks and if STL does well this year throw them in the mix as well.

VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 03:34 PM
  #328
Preds311
Registered User
 
Preds311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 198
vCash: 500
What is lost in this conversation is the fact that people know the matchups for regular season games for months. Playoffs just a week or so. People aren't willing to travel in big droves with only a week notice....just isn't going to happen.

Preds311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 03:37 PM
  #329
VFL615*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Middle Tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds311 View Post
What is lost in this conversation is the fact that people know the matchups for regular season games for months. Playoffs just a week or so. People aren't willing to travel in big droves with only a week notice....just isn't going to happen.
Not sure what travelling has to be done since thousands of Hawks and Wings fans live within 150 miles of Nashville. It is just a matter of buying the tickets and the sad truth is plenty are available on secondary selling sites.

VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 03:39 PM
  #330
Preds311
Registered User
 
Preds311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
Not sure what travelling has to be done since thousands of Hawks and Wings fans live within 150 miles of Nashville. It is just a matter of buying the tickets and the sad truth is plenty are available on secondary selling sites.
Most of the fans from the Wings/Blackhawks I talked with...good 95% of them were not from anywhere around here and planned the trip months in advance.

Preds311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 03:47 PM
  #331
101st_fan
I taught Yoda
 
101st_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Some Army fort
Country: United States
Posts: 5,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
You are defending the point i made in earlier posts. To many people who have access to season tickets really do not give a crap about Predators hockey. Until this changes we will always have an away game in Nashville for the Wings/Hawks and if STL does well this year throw them in the mix as well.
So you can make it to every single game? You never have a school, work, or family commitment which conflicts with a game? I'd envy you if I thought that were true.

I'd like to see your demographics that proves how many Hawks fans live within 150 miles of Nashville and wonder what qualifies you to determine who does, or doesn't, "give a crap about Predators hockey."

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 03:50 PM
  #332
Preds311
Registered User
 
Preds311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 198
vCash: 500
It isn't like the Bridegstone is Vandy's Football stadium. 70% Vacant with 30% fans during terrible games, and on big games 80% Visiting team, 20% Vandy fans.

We've had the most sellouts this year in history and nitpicking about this.

Preds311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 04:13 PM
  #333
predfan98
Registered User
 
predfan98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,482
vCash: 500
There are season ticket holders that are Ticket Brokers.....that is one reason there are tickets for sale on stubhub....the other reason.... people wanting to make money or can't be there....nothing wrong with that.

where we sat in 105 for years.... we were surrounded, and they were owned by a ticket broker co., and in 104 there were 2 rows of about 15 tickets per row that were owned by ticket brokers.

that's one reason we moved... got tired of opposing fans..

there are areas all over the lower bowl that are owned by ticket brokers.

and every single away arena that I have been to.....even in Canada..... have plenty of tickets on secondary sites....

only 6 more to visit!!

anyway, even in Ottawa this year.......you could buy tickets all over the lower bowl... it's nothing new anywhere.....

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 04:22 PM
  #334
predfan98
Registered User
 
predfan98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,482
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds311 View Post
It isn't like the Bridegstone is Vandy's Football stadium. 70% Vacant with 30% fans during terrible games, and on big games 80% Visiting team, 20% Vandy fans.

We've had the most sellouts this year in history and nitpicking about this.
hehehe.... I just read this ..... you're right.....VU and football has never been the same since beating Fla around 1973(?) ....was sloan the coach...

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 04:29 PM
  #335
Drake744
Unregistered User
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,441
vCash: 500
It's not a huge deal. The Blackhawks have an enormous fan base, in the best sports city in the country, which is fairly close to Nashville, and Nashville is a fun town and place to watch a game. They came in droves, and good for them. Why didn't Preds fans buy the tickets? Why were so many taken by Hawks fans? Because there are tons of them (mostly coming from out of town I assume), they wanted tickets, and they did whatever they had to do to get them. Pretty simple right? It happens that way sometimes. I don't know why blame goes on the people selling their tickets. This happens every night in every arena. The fault (if someone is so bitter that they feel they must blame someone) should go to local Preds fans who apparently didn't do what it takes to get to the game. Of course for Chicago people our lower bowl seats are probably an absolute steal for what they would expect to pay in Chicago, whereas people here would be like whoa that's too much.

Truth be told they just gave the city of Nashville a ****load of money this weekend, and I loved the atmosphere, so I don't care one bit.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 04:35 PM
  #336
Preds311
Registered User
 
Preds311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 198
vCash: 500
Also have to add that for the first time in a long time, this end of the year game wasn't contingent on us making the playoffs so easier for some fans to just sell tickets. Not a bad dilema to be in.

Preds311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 04:43 PM
  #337
drwpreds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 711
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
Not sure what travelling has to be done since thousands of Hawks and Wings fans live within 150 miles of Nashville. It is just a matter of buying the tickets and the sad truth is plenty are available on secondary selling sites.
As someone said a few posts above, there is a lot of complaining on here for a team and franchise that ‎is enjoying the greatest success in its history. Having opposing fans in your building is not something ‎that is unique to Nashville- it happens pretty much everywhere. Take a look at any game involving ‎some of the traditional elite franchises in any sport (Red Wings, Blackhawks, Penguins in hockey- ‎Cowboys, Steelers in NFL, Yankees, Red Sox in MLB, etc, etc) and you will see tons of their fans in ‎opposing venues- it’s never going to change. ‎

Now, the number of them may drop some as the Predators franchise continues its success, but they ‎are always going to be there.‎

And as for Predators playoff tickets being available on Stubhub- again, that is not unique to the ‎Predators- there are always a ton of tickets on Stubhub for any big event- just go and take a look-

For game 1 of the playoffs, I checked 3 teams and how many tickets are available right now on ‎Stubhub:‎

St Louis ‎1,101 tickets available‎
Chicago ‎1,469 tickets available
Detroit ‎2,519 tickets available‎

It happens everywhere…….‎

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 05:29 PM
  #338
VFL615*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Middle Tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drw View Post
As someone said a few posts above, there is a lot of complaining on here for a team and franchise that ‎is enjoying the greatest success in its history. Having opposing fans in your building is not something ‎that is unique to Nashville- it happens pretty much everywhere. Take a look at any game involving ‎some of the traditional elite franchises in any sport (Red Wings, Blackhawks, Penguins in hockey- ‎Cowboys, Steelers in NFL, Yankees, Red Sox in MLB, etc, etc) and you will see tons of their fans in ‎opposing venues- it’s never going to change. ‎

Now, the number of them may drop some as the Predators franchise continues its success, but they ‎are always going to be there.‎

And as for Predators playoff tickets being available on Stubhub- again, that is not unique to the ‎Predators- there are always a ton of tickets on Stubhub for any big event- just go and take a look-

For game 1 of the playoffs, I checked 3 teams and how many tickets are available right now on ‎Stubhub:‎

St Louis ‎1,101 tickets available‎
Chicago ‎1,469 tickets available
Detroit ‎2,519 tickets available‎

It happens everywhere…….‎
And 97% of the tickets will be bought by STL, CHI, DET fans. I have seen a lot of hockey and besides a Leafs/Canadians game i have never EVER seen as many opposing teams fans in a building.
Does STL look like CHI when they play? Nope.
Does STL look like DET when they play? Nope.
Does CHI look like DET when they play? Nope.
Does MIN look like CHI when they play? Nope.
Does DET look like CHI when they play? Nope.
Does MIN look like DET when they play? Nope.
Does San Jose look like LA when they play? Nope.
Does BNA look like DET when they play? Yep.
Does BNA look like CHI when they play? Yep.

Funny how it is only Nashville with the problem and the excuse is "it is a great place to visit" lol ok i like the turning a blind eye to a problem.

VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 05:38 PM
  #339
Preds311
Registered User
 
Preds311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 198
vCash: 500
There is no "problem" The only "problem" if attendance was at 13,000-14,000 or below....otherwise I don't care if its filled with multicolored hippies.

Preds311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 05:47 PM
  #340
101st_fan
I taught Yoda
 
101st_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Some Army fort
Country: United States
Posts: 5,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
And 97% of the tickets will be bought by STL, CHI, DET fans. I have seen a lot of hockey and besides a Leafs/Canadians game i have never EVER seen as many opposing teams fans in a building.
Does STL look like CHI when they play? Nope.
Does STL look like DET when they play? Nope.
Does CHI look like DET when they play? Nope.
Does MIN look like CHI when they play? Nope.
Does DET look like CHI when they play? Nope.
Does MIN look like DET when they play? Nope.
Does San Jose look like LA when they play? Nope.
Does BNA look like DET when they play? Yep.
Does BNA look like CHI when they play? Yep.

Funny how it is only Nashville with the problem and the excuse is "it is a great place to visit" lol ok i like the turning a blind eye to a problem.
I've never seen Detroit or Chicago with a majority of blue or gold jerseys. Apparently BNA doesn't look like Detroit or Chicago when they visit here.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 05:55 PM
  #341
VFL615*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Middle Tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
I've never seen Detroit or Chicago with a majority of blue or gold jerseys. Apparently BNA doesn't look like Detroit or Chicago when they visit here.
Im not going to argue with you dude. You have probably been to two preds games this year. I can prove it by going back and looking at game posts. Anyone who has been to a Saturday game vs DET or CHI who is not lying or in denial would tell you Preds fans were close to being outnumbered in the stands especially in the lower bowl middle. It does not look like that anywhere else in hockey. Fact!

VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 06:07 PM
  #342
Preds311
Registered User
 
Preds311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 198
vCash: 500
Here is your fundamental problem in understanding that the Preds are a regional brand while the CHI/DET are a national brand with rich histories. It happens in all sports. Go to a Braves game when they play the Cubs, Red Sox, Yankees and you'll get a better understanding.

Preds311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 06:07 PM
  #343
101st_fan
I taught Yoda
 
101st_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Some Army fort
Country: United States
Posts: 5,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
Im not going to argue with you dude. You have probably been to two preds games this year. I can prove it by going back and looking at game posts. Anyone who has been to a Saturday game vs DET or CHI who is not lying or in denial would tell you Preds fans were close to being outnumbered in the stands especially in the lower bowl middle. It does not look like that anywhere else in hockey. Fact!
Your "fact" is false and just because people disagree with your assessment does not mean they are lying or in denial. Certain sections filled predominantly with road fans doesn't mean that applies to the entire arena. Of course, you keep restating that position to where it's now low in the middle. What's next? Listing specific seat numbers and saying they had more Hawks fans than Preds fans sitting in them?

Just like your statements of the Hawks fans coming from within 150 miles or your assertion that "To many people who have access to season tickets really do not give a crap about Predators hockey" --- all hyperbole, no fact.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 06:07 PM
  #344
Neal Before Zod
Registered User
 
Neal Before Zod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,662
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
And 97% of the tickets will be bought by STL, CHI, DET fans. I have seen a lot of hockey and besides a Leafs/Canadians game i have never EVER seen as many opposing teams fans in a building.
Have you been to a playoff game here? It's nothing like the regular season. Trust me, it's not going to look anything like Saturday (or any regular season game vs. them) come playoff time. You say 97% of those tickets will be bought by DET-STL-CHI fans at their barns? The same can be said here. It will be a sea of gold in the playoffs.

And the last time we played the Wings up at the Joe, there were a lot of empty seats in the lower level. Which problem would you rather have...opposing fans in the seats, or a game with a lot of empty seats and no atmosphere?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
Funny how it is only Nashville with the problem and the excuse is "it is a great place to visit" lol ok i like the turning a blind eye to a problem.
We're the only ones with that problem? Pretty much every Sun Belt market has that "problem". Why? One, there are a ton of transplants with prior allegiances (see: Predwings), and two, it's usually a lot cheaper to go to the games here, and it's warmer in the winter time for a lot of the northern cities. It's like a mini-vacay for some of them.

No, I don't enjoy seeing THAT many Chicago or Detroit fans (or whomever else we play that travels well)...but at the same time, if they come away enjoying the experience (not just the game), then it is only a good thing for a city like Nashville.

The more people that come here and get to rid the stereotype that we are a boring backwards little country town, the better. I have no problem with people coming and spending money here and enjoying the city. In fact, I encourage that.

Neal Before Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 06:17 PM
  #345
101st_fan
I taught Yoda
 
101st_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Some Army fort
Country: United States
Posts: 5,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BourqueBourqueBork View Post
Have you been to a playoff game here? It's nothing like the regular season. Trust me, it's not going to look anything like Saturday (or any regular season game vs. them) come playoff time. You say 97% of those tickets will be bought by DET-STL-CHI fans at their barns? The same can be said here. It will be a sea of gold in the playoffs.

And the last time we played the Wings up at the Joe, there were a lot of empty seats in the lower level. Which problem would you rather have...opposing fans in the seats, or a game with a lot of empty seats and no atmosphere?



We're the only ones with that problem? Pretty much every Sun Belt market has that "problem". Why? One, there are a ton of transplants with prior allegiances (see: Predwings), and two, it's usually a lot cheaper to go to the games here, and it's warmer in the winter time for a lot of the northern cities. It's like a mini-vacay for some of them.

No, I don't enjoy seeing THAT many Chicago or Detroit fans (or whomever else we play that travels well)...but at the same time, if they come away enjoying the experience (not just the game), then it is only a good thing for a city like Nashville.

The more people that come here and get to rid the stereotype that we are a boring backwards little country town, the better. I have no problem with people coming and spending money here and enjoying the city. In fact, I encourage that.
Teams with large bandwagons and ridiculous prices ($99ea for nosebleeds last time I went to the UC) tend to visit other barns, especially on weekends. Just like we send groups to Columbus, St Louis, Carolina, and used to with Atlanta ... the Blues, Wings, and Hawks travel here. Convenience works both ways.
Ticket pricing is a major piece of this puzzle. Our lease mandates that our average ticket price not exceed the league average which makes our place an attractive option. $200ish round trip tickets from Midway to BNA, 8-10 hour drives depending what part of Chicagoland they hail from ... all doable.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 06:25 PM
  #346
NoNecksCurse
Registered User
 
NoNecksCurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,602
vCash: 500
we do have a problem of opposing fans packing the bridge. ill take the tickets sold either way..

but detroit, chicago, ect .. don't just pop up in the stands. they show up in groves. the worst that I've noticed this year (center ice).. not to mention, I went to every playoff game last year and in the vancouver series, there were a **** ton of them.. even the green dudes. man, they really annoyed me

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 06:25 PM
  #347
VFL615*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Middle Tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Your "fact" is false and just because people disagree with your assessment does not mean they are lying or in denial. Certain sections filled predominantly with road fans doesn't mean that applies to the entire arena. Of course, you keep restating that position to where it's now low in the middle. What's next? Listing specific seat numbers and saying they had more Hawks fans than Preds fans sitting in them?

Just like your statements of the Hawks fans coming from within 150 miles or your assertion that "To many people who have access to season tickets really do not give a crap about Predators hockey" --- all hyperbole, no fact.
Im sorry if you do not understand it. The fact is that preds fans where almost outnumbered in many areas of the lower bowl and it had the appearance of being more Hawks/Wings fans than Preds.
I never said it applied to the entire arena and actually only mentioned the lower bowl. Sure i can be more specific the middle areas of the lower bowl had more Hawks/Wings fans with the ends coming in on the second area with the most Hawks/Wings fans.

I am grew up in Nashville. Did you? With that being said i am well aware of the amount of people from the midwest Chicago/Detroit area who have moved to TN because of several different companies coming to the area. Some of my family is from Detroit.

I have already got into the season ticketholder issue and if you do not get it and you feel its false then that is fine.

VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 06:28 PM
  #348
predfan24
Registered User
 
predfan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,142
vCash: 500
Butts in the seats is not a problem. Period. It's that simple. Doesn't matter who is sitting in them.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 06:31 PM
  #349
VFL615*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Middle Tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BourqueBourqueBork View Post
Have you been to a playoff game here? It's nothing like the regular season. Trust me, it's not going to look anything like Saturday (or any regular season game vs. them) come playoff time. You say 97% of those tickets will be bought by DET-STL-CHI fans at their barns? The same can be said here. It will be a sea of gold in the playoffs.

And the last time we played the Wings up at the Joe, there were a lot of empty seats in the lower level. Which problem would you rather have...opposing fans in the seats, or a game with a lot of empty seats and no atmosphere?



We're the only ones with that problem? Pretty much every Sun Belt market has that "problem". Why? One, there are a ton of transplants with prior allegiances (see: Predwings), and two, it's usually a lot cheaper to go to the games here, and it's warmer in the winter time for a lot of the northern cities. It's like a mini-vacay for some of them.

No, I don't enjoy seeing THAT many Chicago or Detroit fans (or whomever else we play that travels well)...but at the same time, if they come away enjoying the experience (not just the game), then it is only a good thing for a city like Nashville.

The more people that come here and get to rid the stereotype that we are a boring backwards little country town, the better. I have no problem with people coming and spending money here and enjoying the city. In fact, I encourage that.
Yes i went to every playoff game here last year. All where amazing. The Ducks series the bridge looked like it is supposed to. The Canucks series had a little more blue/green than i would have liked to see but it was not even close to a CHI or DET game here.
Fans coming here will never get rid of the stereotype. They might be a certain way to your face but behind the scenes we will always be rednecks who are uneducated and do not deserve a hockey team. I like your attempt in trying to have a dream though.

VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.