HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Booth, Reinprecht, 3rd rounder to Vancouver for Samuelsson & Sturm

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-29-2012, 07:03 PM
  #451
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe
 
Blad Meaning Gud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,588
vCash: 50
The thought of this trade always puts a smile on my face :-D

Blad Meaning Gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 07:27 PM
  #452
Rats96Yo
Registered User
 
Rats96Yo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Coral Springs
Posts: 373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBPantherfan View Post
I think it might end up being a good trade depending on who we sign with the extra money. But I still miss booth
That is the big hanging matzo ball. The trade is way one sided to VAN if the Panthers of old pocket the money. I don't think this mgmt group will do it, but its hanging out there...

and i still miss booth too PBP

Rats96Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 07:39 PM
  #453
Coolburn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: South Florida
Country: Hungary
Posts: 7,742
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Since the trade, here's the breakdown:

Samuelsson, 43GP 11G 13A 24pts +2 12PIM 6PPG 0SHG 1GWG 64hits
Sturm, 37GP 2G 1A 3pts -8 23PIM 0PPG 0SHG 1GWG 43hits

Booth, 51GP 15G 13A 28pts +5 32PIM 2PPG 0SHG 1GWG 59hits
Reinprecht, not playing in the NHL

Basically even production between Sammy & Booth so looks like a win-win to me.

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 07:49 PM
  #454
Rats96Yo
Registered User
 
Rats96Yo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Coral Springs
Posts: 373
vCash: 500
Which is why i question his healthy scratch tonight in Minny, plus that he had the tying goal Tues...

Rats96Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 07:51 PM
  #455
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersAllDay1225 View Post
I'm glad this trade worked out for both teams, we got rid of a contract management didn't agree to and vancouver got a goal scorer who's should be hitting his prime and is also friends kesler lol
And we are loving Sammy!!! Great win win trade especially if we use all that extra $$$ smartly.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 04:52 AM
  #456
Acadmus
Moderator
 
Acadmus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 15,324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rats96Yo View Post
Which is why i question his healthy scratch tonight in Minny, plus that he had the tying goal Tues...
I'm sure if he could Dineen would scratch all his top-2 line forwards at once. They've been mostly absent the last 4-5 games, and it could cost the Panthers if they don't right the ship immediately.

__________________
"...and ultimately it doesn't matter."
Acadmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 10:19 AM
  #457
KWGoon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,194
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus View Post
I'm sure if he could Dineen would scratch all his top-2 line forwards at once. They've been mostly absent the last 4-5 games, and it could cost the Panthers if they don't right the ship immediately.
"Could"? Will.

KWGoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 08:53 AM
  #458
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,026
vCash: 500
My man is struggling big time....From tsn .ca:


Booth has no points in his past eight games. On Saturday, he was benched during the third period against Calgary after getting caught up ice as the Flames took a 2-1 lead in the first minute of the final frame.


My heart breaks, but a good trAde for sure...

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 10:49 AM
  #459
Erick
Registered User
 
Erick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Broward, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 11,587
vCash: 500
Sturm played really well last game.

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 11:29 AM
  #460
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Sturm played really well last game.
He never plays poorly, he just never plays ..

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 11:35 AM
  #461
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,026
vCash: 500
Some thoughts on Canuck board when i asked how hes doing...

Booth is starting to cheat offensively/not backcheck as hard because of this slump. He's become more aggressive in the Ozone now, pressing a bit. Sometimes he gets burned for it. His assertion is that he's got to play a harder game while not scoring -- which he has. He's laid out some pretty hard hits, and has even fought. He's involved. I'm just not so sure it's the smart way to go about it. Time will tell.

David Booth is on pace for 40 points this year (43 points just based on Canuck games played). Personally, I think he's overrated but it is his first year here so I'm willing to see what he can do over the course of a full season after having been indoctrinated into the system.If he still puts up a similar amount of points next season, then he should be traded in 2013. He's clearly not the same player post Richards hit.

23 goal pace a year in Canucks games. Along with how he drives the net, his physical presence and good speed I think that's fair value for 4 million. Hard to get better value through free agency (see Leino, Ville).

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 11:56 AM
  #462
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe
 
Blad Meaning Gud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,588
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Some thoughts on Canuck board when i asked how hes doing...

Booth is starting to cheat offensively/not backcheck as hard because of this slump. He's become more aggressive in the Ozone now, pressing a bit. Sometimes he gets burned for it. His assertion is that he's got to play a harder game while not scoring -- which he has. He's laid out some pretty hard hits, and has even fought. He's involved. I'm just not so sure it's the smart way to go about it. Time will tell.

David Booth is on pace for 40 points this year (43 points just based on Canuck games played). Personally, I think he's overrated but it is his first year here so I'm willing to see what he can do over the course of a full season after having been indoctrinated into the system.If he still puts up a similar amount of points next season, then he should be traded in 2013. He's clearly not the same player post Richards hit.

23 goal pace a year in Canucks games. Along with how he drives the net, his physical presence and good speed I think that's fair value for 4 million. Hard to get better value through free agency (see Leino, Ville).
All accurate

Blad Meaning Gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 12:10 PM
  #463
Lola
Future Panthers
 
Lola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Central Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Some thoughts on Canuck board when i asked how hes doing...

Booth is starting to cheat offensively/not backcheck as hard because of this slump. He's become more aggressive in the Ozone now, pressing a bit. Sometimes he gets burned for it. His assertion is that he's got to play a harder game while not scoring -- which he has. He's laid out some pretty hard hits, and has even fought. He's involved. I'm just not so sure it's the smart way to go about it. Time will tell.

David Booth is on pace for 40 points this year (43 points just based on Canuck games played). Personally, I think he's overrated but it is his first year here so I'm willing to see what he can do over the course of a full season after having been indoctrinated into the system.If he still puts up a similar amount of points next season, then he should be traded in 2013. He's clearly not the same player post Richards hit.

23 goal pace a year in Canucks games. Along with how he drives the net, his physical presence and good speed I think that's fair value for 4 million. Hard to get better value through free agency (see Leino, Ville).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudbranson4Prez View Post
All accurate
Accurate, indeed. Especially to the bolded. I believe Booth could have been something amazing had he not suffered that injury. Sad.

Lola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 07:01 PM
  #464
Luuuongo
Crabs!
 
Luuuongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,925
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
Since the trade, here's the breakdown:

Samuelsson, 43GP 11G 13A 24pts +2 12PIM 6PPG 0SHG 1GWG 64hits
Sturm, 37GP 2G 1A 3pts -8 23PIM 0PPG 0SHG 1GWG 43hits

Booth, 51GP 15G 13A 28pts +5 32PIM 2PPG 0SHG 1GWG 59hits
Reinprecht, not playing in the NHL

Basically even production between Sammy & Booth so looks like a win-win to me.
To be fair, MG said Reinrepcht would be on the team if not for re-entry waivers. Expect to see him in the lineup for the playoffs.

Luuuongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 07:15 PM
  #465
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicBunny View Post
To be fair, MG said Reinrepcht would be on the team if not for re-entry waivers. Expect to see him in the lineup for the playoffs.
Good, glad to hear. Liked Reino, just wasn't getting it done here.

__________________
So you're saying there's a chance!
Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 07:39 PM
  #466
jessebelanger
Registered User
 
jessebelanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicBunny View Post
To be fair, MG said Reinrepcht would be on the team if not for re-entry waivers. Expect to see him in the lineup for the playoffs.
reinprecht was pretty good while he was here but then he just fell off the map? I'm not really sure what happened

jessebelanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.