HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Tinordi's turn next year.

Old
04-03-2012, 12:57 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Beaulieu is a leftie too.

People keep forgetting about Ellis, a RH D-man.

Habs had a chance to draft a real good big rightie d-man 3 years ago - David Savard - and have chosen Bennett, a smallish frail guy we won't see - if ever- before another 3 years.
You truly are a master of revisionist drafting, the Captain Hindsight of amateur scouting.

Besides, Mac Bennett is not some 'nothing' prospect. IIRC, Montreal (poster) thinks very highly of him.

As for Tinordi, I can see him getting some callups next year, but he shouldn't be making the club full-time, imo. Let him eat minutes in the AHL and develop his mean streak against men.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards

Last edited by overlords: 04-03-2012 at 01:08 PM.
overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 01:49 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
AHL for at least one year, possibly 2 full seasons.

In the meantime Charlie Coyle and Emerson Etem will light up the goals' lights on a regular basis at NHL level...

When you're drafting guys like Nattinen or Mac Bennett before a local guy like David Savard (already a solid NHL rookie), you're asking for trouble and you backpeddle to find big, talented d-men the following draft.
Thanks for your insight, errr, hindsight, Mr.Obvious...

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 01:58 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habster33 View Post
Emelin NEEDS to play left. You can see that he's not really comfortable playing right. He's a whole lot better when he plays on the left side!
I think his struggles lately have more to do with the length of NHL schedule than playing right. Not taht he has played poorly, but he hasn't played with as much energy nor as physical. Early in the year he played about the same on both sides.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 02:02 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
AHL for at least one year, possibly 2 full seasons.

In the meantime Charlie Coyle and Emerson Etem will light up the goals' lights on a regular basis at NHL level...

When you're drafting guys like Nattinen or Mac Bennett before a local guy like David Savard (already a solid NHL rookie), you're asking for trouble and you backpeddle to find big, talented d-men the following draft.
Savard is currently in the AHL despite playing for the worst organisation in the NHL, he is not yet an NHL regular. I'll give Nattinen and Bennett a couple more years before passing judgment.

You can have a quick impact by drafting all forward every draft since they develop faster but nobody ever won a cup without a good defense and at least an average goalie.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 03:00 PM
SB164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
Top 10 of the highest players of the league

1. Chara, Zdeno Boston Bruins 6'9
2. Myers, Tyler Buffalo Sabres 6'8
3. Boogaard, Derek Minnesota Wild 6'8
4. Scott, John Minnesota Wild 6'8
5. Gill, Hal Nashville Predators 6'7
6. Boyle, Brian New York Rangers 6'7
7. Mihalik, Vladmir Tampa Bay Lightning 6'7
8. MacIntyre, Steve Florida Panthers 6'6
9. Pronger, Chris Philadelphia Flyers 6'6
10. Antropov, Nik Atlanta Thrashers 6'6
Mara-joo-wanna cigarettes

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 03:20 PM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Besides, Mac Bennett is not some 'nothing' prospect. IIRC, Montreal (poster) thinks very highly of him.
Mathias Brunet has been keeping up with Bennett's progression every once in a while, and everything scouts, players, coaches, etc. are saying about this guy sounds promising and positive.

I have faith in Bennett. Still WAY too early to call him a bad pick, especially since most dman take a bit longer to develop.

Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 03:24 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
People would do well to remember what Komisarek looked like when he got here at first.

Tinordi will probably need 1-2 years in the AHL before getting a regular spot in the lineup.
Agree.

That said, depending how our D-roster looks on opening night.. Should one of Ellis, Beaulieu or Tinordi really shine in camp, I would definitely give them a look.

It depends how we look on opening day, though.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 04:07 PM
Alexdaman

vCash: 50
It's obviously not going to be an NHL all year long stay for him. But giving him a few games could certainly give us an idea on where he stands at his current age. + 40 is not to be dismissed easily and I often wonder if the AHL is as hard to play in as the OHL. We need taller D men for sure and if he's not a all-year long factor in this team this year he will be in the next.

Alexdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 05:01 PM
canadiansbronco

Ghallager (dont know how to spell) will make the team before him

canadiansbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 06:41 PM
NORiculous

When he was drafted, someone from the press asked him when he wanted/was thinking he could make the team.

He said maybe in 5 years if things go well.

His father was next to him and probably smacked him after the interview since not long after he was saying he wanted to make the team next year...

Funny story, but kinda made me wonder (as I had not seen him play) if he would ever make it.

Glad he is making progress but I still am douptfull. Hope I am wrong.

NORiculous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 06:53 PM
29dryden29

God I hope we do not see Tinordi anywhere near our lineup maybe we will be lucky and the new GM will package him off with someone for a good replacement for glass knee Markov.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 07:11 PM
Alexdaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
God I hope we do not see Tinordi anywhere near our lineup maybe we will be lucky and the new GM will package him off with someone for a good replacement for glass knee Markov.
he's leading the OHL with + 40 why should even think of sending him away?

Old
04-03-2012, 07:23 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
On arguably the best team in the CHL that boasts the leages best defensive TEAM numbers ya it is all Tinordi lol.

Do you see him play on a weekly basis or just go by a stupid meanigless stat like +/-? I see them play every other Fri and often more than that.

Last edited by 29dryden29: 04-03-2012 at 07:31 PM.
Old
04-03-2012, 07:28 PM
Prairie Habs

Quote:
It's obviously not going to be an NHL all year long stay for him. But giving him a few games could certainly give us an idea on where he stands at his current age. + 40 is not to be dismissed easily and I often wonder if the AHL is as hard to play in as the OHL. We need taller D men for sure and if he's not a all-year long factor in this team this year he will be in the next.
Not even bringing skill into the equation, one is a men's league, one is a boys'. No contest AHL is tougher.

Prairie Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 07:31 PM
Alexdaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
Not even bringing skill into the equation, one is a men's league, one is a boys'. No contest AHL is tougher.
The AHL is still made of boys and men who are under-performing, teams that get depleted of their talent along the year are probably comparable to good OHL teams.

Old
04-03-2012, 07:32 PM
Prairie Habs

Quote:
Agreed, who would want a young, gritty, 6'7, shut-down defender who is captain of, as you said, "arguably the best team in the CHL"? Can't see a spot down the line for someone like that.

Old
04-03-2012, 07:40 PM
NewHabsEra*

Cant see any of our new coming D prospects make the team straight from the camp and I doubt any of them even play for the Habs next year unless some mojor injuries happen.. I rather think a guy like St-Denis will be called up first if re-signed by the team..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 07:40 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Agreed, who would want a young, gritty, 6'7, shut-down defender who is captain of, as you said, "arguably the best team in the CHL"? Can't see a spot down the line for someone like that.
Believe me they insulate him well his team around him makes him much better than he truly is.

Last edited by 29dryden29: 04-03-2012 at 07:46 PM.
Old
04-03-2012, 07:43 PM
ForsbergForever
Red Rocket

Quote:
Meanwhile Nathan Beaulieu finished a +41 for the Sea Dogs which didn't even put him top five for the team...of course he also had 52 pts in 53 games and 100 PIM, so he's looking like a stud too.

ForsbergForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 07:44 PM
Prairie Habs

Quote:
Believe me they insulate him wel his team around him makes him much better than he truly is.
Just like how Markov was left exposed without Komisarek? I realize you have probably seen him much more than I have (judging from your location), but he was easily the best D on team USA at the WJC with no one insulating him and scouts still speak very highly if him, so I'm not worried at all.

Edit: also didn't he only go over to the OHL after being drafted? Do you believe he has just always happened to be in the right place at the right time?

Old
04-03-2012, 07:45 PM
Alexdaman

Quote:
On arguably the best team in the CHL that boasts the leages best defensive TEAM numbers ya it is all Tinordi lol.

Do you see him play on a weekly basis or just go by a stupid meanigless stat like +/-? I see them play every other Fri and often more than that.
It's come to my knowledge that +/- don't really have any meaning unless they are very high or very low. A forward with -2 rating doesn't mean he's under-performing a +7 forward. But when a player is -20 it does indicate something and obviously a player showing +40 means something. You can't dismiss +/- of those importance and +/- tell more often than not the story of players.

currently well in the - : Bourque (-18), Plekanec (-17), Emelin (-19)

currently highest in the + : Gorges (11), Cole (8), Desharnais (6), Subban (6)

The story of our hockey year right there. So Tinordi would be very welcomed this year or next.

Old
04-03-2012, 07:50 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Just like how Markov was left exposed without Komisarek? I realize you have probably seen him much more than I have (judging from your location), but he was easily the best D on team USA at the WJC with no one insulating him and scouts still speak very highly if him, so I'm not worried at all.

Edit: also didn't he only go over to the OHL after being drafted? Do you believe he has just always happened to be in the right place at the right time?
Yes he went to the O after being drafted. His dad and the Hunters convinced him it was his best route to go rather than the NCAA route.

Old
04-03-2012, 07:52 PM
ForsbergForever
Red Rocket

Quote:
It's come to my knowledge that +/- don't really have any meaning unless they are very high or very low. A forward with -2 rating doesn't mean he's under-performing a +7 forward. But when a player is -20 it does indicate something and obviously a player showing +40 means something. You can't dismiss +/- of those importance and +/- tell more often than not the story of players.

currently well in the - : Bourque (-18), Plekanec (-17), Emelin (-19)

currently highest in the + : Gorges (11), Cole (8), Desharnais (6), Subban (6)

The story of our hockey year right there. So Tinordi would be very welcomed this year or next.
Wow, is Emelin really that bad defensively? The guy's a hit machine but I guess that doesn't apply to getting the puck...

ForsbergForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 08:03 PM
Alexdaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergForever View Post
Wow, is Emelin really that bad defensively? The guy's a hit machine but I guess that doesn't apply to getting the puck...
The fact that he doesn't or wasn't speaking English for most or the whole year is surely a factor. I don't think even with a translator that he was able to take all the information he was given and he was coming from Russia and had NHL experience. I think he'll do better next year.

Old
04-03-2012, 08:05 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price;47218327[B
]Savard is currently in the AHL[/B] despite playing for the worst organisation in the NHL, he is not yet an NHL regular. I'll give Nattinen and Bennett a couple more years before passing judgment.

You can have a quick impact by drafting all forward every draft since they develop faster but nobody ever won a cup without a good defense and at least an average goalie.
He's just been sent back. He played all previous 5 games with many +19 min of ice time. Probably an injured player came back. The guy is 21-22 and has already two years of pro hockey under the belt. Bennett is playing with College students.

You don't draft forwards every draft but if you can draft more wisely, you can adjust for your organisational needs. Of course, Habs don't need scorers !....

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote