HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leafs @ Sabres | Leafs lose 6-5

Old
04-03-2012, 09:38 PM
Thrillingbroom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winreims View Post
But sokil told me it was clear to see the puck on his HDTV!? Doesn't that mean the ref saw it too? ...
Nope, he needed HD vision.

Thrillingbroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 09:40 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 657
Great game, exactly what i wanted to happen I aint even mad

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 09:42 PM
Morguee
That's Mind-boggling

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBuzzo View Post
If I was listening to this on AM640 I'd still be wondering why the play hasn't been blown dead. Adding a tv to the mix just makes it more hilarious.
Although I didn't actually hear it i imagine the play by play was something like...

Ok folks the puck is dead under the players so we'll break for a commercial. Welcome back the scrum seems to be going on still, oh I now see the puck going in the net............................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ....................................and the ref heard the goal horn and found the puck in the net.......good goal?!?

Morguee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 09:43 PM
Winreims

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillingbroom View Post
Nope, he needed HD vision.

Winreims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Auzzie19

Minny with a point so we still in 6th

Auzzie19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Shimso

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisx101 View Post
Great game, exactly what i wanted to happen I aint even mad
Its exactly what you wanted?

An OTL is a result that manages to irk both pro-tankers and those who want the team to win

Shimso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 09:47 PM
pucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morguee View Post
Watch the refs head when the puck goes in...he has no idea where it is. Washington should be asking to have the ref reviewed that was a joke.
Whatever. On the actual real-time play, I saw the puck become loose when Leopold got it and shot it in. I think the ref would have seen that if somebody at home sees it clearly.

The part or time frame in which it's hard to see is when it's under a player or two. It was under two different players and for a few seconds each and that is when it was hard to follow. But, like I said, on one of SN's replay angles, you can see the puck loose a couple of times including just before the goal.

pucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 09:51 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimso View Post
Its exactly what you wanted?

An OTL is a result that manages to irk both pro-tankers and those who want the team to win
Ok maybe not exactly, i was hoping for a regulation loss with Kessel and Gardiner getting a few points, close enough

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 09:52 PM
Rayzorexe
Yawn...

Even if it were better for us to lose this game, I would have liked us to win to ruin Buffalo's playoff chances...

Rayzorexe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 09:55 PM
Paddyjack

I agree that this goal was a joke, that if I was a Caps fan I would be real pissed..... but did you see how bad Komisarek was on that play right after the faceoff?? He must be thankful about that goal since nobody will remember about him.

Paddyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 09:56 PM
Ratboy
The Samsquanch!

[QUOTE=keonsbitterness;47260117]For the record, Allman Brothers.[/

totally dated myself with that one.

Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 10:01 PM
Pilky01
@JamesD_TO

I guess 1 point is better than 2. Still though, if Phanuef and Komisarek didn't play so poorly when it mattered most, we might have won that game.

Pilky01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 10:03 PM
calcal798

I didn't get a chance to watch the game, but how did Komi play? I saw he played 23 mins or so. I really hope Carlyle can turn him around.

calcal798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 10:05 PM
Pilky01
@JamesD_TO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1 View Post
Komisarek is such an idiot. He was so preoccupied with getting a piece of Foligno, he ends up completely missing him & forgeting about doing his job.
I loved that.

All I was watching on that play was Komisarek paying absolutely no attention to anything but cross checking Foligno in the neck. It was hilarious!

Pilky01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 10:05 PM
Tak7

Just need this thing to end. Quickly.

Tak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 10:12 PM
Brewsky
King Of The Ice Mugs

Send a message via ICQ to Brewsky Send a message via AIM to Brewsky Send a message via MSN to Brewsky Send a message via Yahoo to Brewsky Send a message via Skype™ to Brewsky
We can't even tank properly! Make up your mind, lose and get a high draft pick, or spoil a division rivals chance at the playoffs? Neither? Yep sounds like typical Leafs, ****!!!

Brewsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 10:13 PM
sand1138man

I dont understand, I would MUCH MUCH rather see toronto in the playoffs then washington, (im a sabres fan) and people seem mad that they weren't able to spoil them totally, Do leaf fans really like the capitals more than the sabres? I mean you really pretty much killed us by beating us the first game, and steven stamkos gave us a chance, and the win tonight gave us even more of a chance, but still we need to beat philly and boston and hope for washing to lose to either florida or the rangers, so it's not looking great anyways, It would have been loking great if we beat the leafs in toronto, cause we'd control our destiny, but I dont get why toronto hates buffalo so bad? I love toronto, the leafs are my second favorite team and people from buffalo are WAY bigger hockey fans than people from washington, and I'd think toronto fans would appreciate that.

sand1138man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 10:15 PM
HarrisonFord
He's baaaaaack

I heard word that Jake Gardiner had a beauty goal tonight. Anyone have a yt of it?

HarrisonFord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 10:17 PM
Dangles McGavin
RIP Lounge

On a very solid note, Anaheim is winning 4-2. And something I noticed tonight...

Kessel is a 90 overall in NHL 12.

Wow Vancouver fans are ridiculously hard on Luongo.

Dangles McGavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 10:18 PM
TMLeafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReimerForPM View Post
I heard word that Jake Gardiner had a beauty goal tonight. Anyone have a yt of it?
It's on the Leafs website.

TMLeafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 10:19 PM
Ratboy
The Samsquanch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangles McGavin View Post
On a very solid note, Anaheim is winning 4-2. And something I noticed tonight...

really? i still only have nhl 11 but i edited kessel to be an 88. kinda close heh.

Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 10:28 PM
Beleafer4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sand1138man View Post
I dont understand, I would MUCH MUCH rather see toronto in the playoffs then washington, (im a sabres fan) and people seem mad that they weren't able to spoil them totally, Do leaf fans really like the capitals more than the sabres? I mean you really pretty much killed us by beating us the first game, and steven stamkos gave us a chance, and the win tonight gave us even more of a chance, but still we need to beat philly and boston and hope for washing to lose to either florida or the rangers, so it's not looking great anyways, It would have been loking great if we beat the leafs in toronto, cause we'd control our destiny, but I dont get why toronto hates buffalo so bad? I love toronto, the leafs are my second favorite team and people from buffalo are WAY bigger hockey fans than people from washington, and I'd think toronto fans would appreciate that.
No we dont mind the sabres, it just would have been funny if your playoff hopes would have been squashed by tyler bozak and ben scrivens. That would make for a good (dark) comedy.

But now that our games are done, hopefully you guys win out and capitals choke.

Beleafer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 10:29 PM
Beleafer4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangles McGavin View Post

what is lupuls rating?

Beleafer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 10:29 PM
HarrisonFord
He's baaaaaack

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLeafer View Post
It's on the Leafs website.
Wow, what patience and control

HarrisonFord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 10:39 PM
Durkin67
Leaf Opinionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
Leaf fans weren't cheering for their team to lose, they were simply cheering for Buffalo to win instead.
that makes no sense...if they are playing against each other, and you're cheering for the other team to win, you want your's to lose. And that is the antithesis of competition. Id rather see scrivens play well, the team score a few goals, and take some positives into the offseason and beyond, and let Burke worry about draft strategies.
Tank Nation is a HALLUCINATION. No Grabo, no Kulemin, no Reimer, no Steckel, no Lupul, no Gunner, and they still want to fight back. That says something...eff the tank...GO LEAFS...

Durkin67 is offline   Reply With Quote