HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"Capping Off The Season With Some Playoffs??? Panthers vs. Capitals: 4/5/12

Closed Thread

Old
04-03-2012, 11:30 PM
MillarWithASave
HUBY DOOBY SHUTUP

vCash: 500
Let me tell you something right now, if every Panthers fan had recorded themselves when Flash had that breakaway we could make an NHL commercial. My dad is a very laid back guy, but when Flash was on the breakaway both me and him were literally jumping up and down, and screaming. I have NEVER been more excited for a Panthers game. And these next 48 hours will be the longest of my life. I want to sleep for another week and just see how it turns out.

I honestly can't think we aren't in the playoffs because if I do I will go insane. My head is still spinning, my mindset right now is that we are in the playoffs, otherwise I will go crazy.

Old
04-03-2012, 11:30 PM
Erick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
this team, which, is beyond question better than any pete coached by a wide margin
That's not true at all.

Old
04-03-2012, 11:33 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

Quote:
i don't blame theo tonight but i wouldn't have minded pulling him when it got to 3-3 because we were dead in the water. we're lucky to have gotten a point, to be frank. the way that game's going, it could've ended up 6-3 WIN. and the kopecky goal? please.

i have been one of dineen's few critics here this year and, after that debacle, i'm going say what a lot of other people around the league have probably been saying: the emperor has no clothes; this is not a well-coached team.
I've also been a critic. He has yet to find that button to push to get this guys playing a full hockey game. I mean he very well still might, but he hasn't yet and it does hurt.

And because we're on the coaching topic, I don't won't another NHL rookie coach. Let a rookie coach take over for Columbus or the Islanders, not us. Let them get their feet wet somewhere else, then we can get them if we want.

-ghoste

Old
04-03-2012, 11:33 PM
Erick*

Quote:

some people say that, yeah, but if you listen to the analysis, it doesn't hold water. it's all based on the fact we're in first place in the southeast. if you watch the team play night after night, there's no way you can walk away and think "that's a well coached team". no way. the defensive breakdowns and bad decisions are not just one or two players - they are systemic. the jets announcers tonight called us out early saying were taking unnecessary chances with a 3-0 lead and playing with fire. after it was 3-2 and we were on our heels, they said "you can see why this team is having trouble winning games with this type hockey...". i think there's a lot of lip service being paid. behind closed doors, there's nobody saying this is a well-coached team. do you really believe that? i mean... you watch every game.

i expect dineen to learn from this and hopefully improve next year. he'll have some more weapons as well. but this year, for whatever reason, he's not gotten it done. he's succeeded in being a player's coach who seems to coddle this roster and let them play however they like. on some nights, that's worked for us. generally speaking however, we are not a well coached or good team. i've been saying this since october, when these same mistakes were being made.

Again, I never said it was a well-coached team. I believe we've gotten great goaltending for most of this year and it's helped Dineen look like a genius.

With that said, he's (Dineen) dealt with a lot as well. He's a first year coach with a roster that was completely brand new at the beginning of the season. And there have been a ******** of injuries, as well.

I highly doubt he's the one telling Kris Versteeg to pass the puck like an *******. No coach wants that. At some point, just like we credit the players when they do well, the blame goes to the player for being stupid, as well.

Old
04-03-2012, 11:38 PM
hittes petr sykora
WOLOLO

I like the other GDT better

LETS DO THIS

Old
04-03-2012, 11:41 PM
MillarWithASave
HUBY DOOBY SHUTUP

Could Dineen just make Weiss the captain for the last 2 games and playoffs? That would be so f'ing awesome.

Is he allowed to do that?

Old
04-03-2012, 11:43 PM
KittysGotClaws
We See Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillarWithASave View Post
Let me tell you something right now, if every Panthers fan had recorded themselves when Flash had that breakaway we could make an NHL commercial. My dad is a very laid back guy, but when Flash was on the breakaway both me and him were literally jumping up and down, and screaming. I have NEVER been more excited for a Panthers game. And these next 48 hours will be the longest of my life. I want to sleep for another week and just see how it turns out.

I honestly can't think we aren't in the playoffs because if I do I will go insane. My head is still spinning, my mindset right now is that we are in the playoffs, otherwise I will go crazy.
I was jumping up and down in the crowd. Such a heart breaker. It could've been a storybook ending to 12 years of suffering.

I've never heard the arena so loud as it was during and after Kopecky's tying goal. When the play started everyone was still yelling. It was pandemonium.

Old
04-03-2012, 11:43 PM
Knightmare

Looks like we need 1 point to win the division. Good thing losing in OT is our specialty

Old
04-03-2012, 11:45 PM
RainingRats

I'm nervous. Washington on Thursday is going to be the closest thing to playoff hockey in 12 years. Carolina has played really well the last quarter of the season. I feel like if we lose to Washington, we wont be earning any more points :/

Ugh, why couldn't Flash bury that breakaway goal.

Old
04-03-2012, 11:46 PM
Erick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittysGotClaws View Post
I was jumping up and down in the crowd. Such a heart breaker. It could've been a storybook ending to 12 years of suffering.

I've never heard the arena so loud as it was during and after Kopecky's tying goal. When the play started everyone was still yelling. It was pandemonium.
I almost broke my leg on Flash's breakaway for nothing. I got off my couch, said "c'mon Flash!" and as I went for a quick hop, I had to remind myself that my leg was not the same as it was a handful of years ago.

Maybe I should've jumped up and made the sacrifice...

Old
04-03-2012, 11:47 PM
MillarWithASave
HUBY DOOBY SHUTUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittysGotClaws View Post

When Kopecky scored I was holding back the tears, couldn't cry in front of my dad. Tears of joy, until I realized Buffalo had won.

No time for any of us to give up hope, which none of us will. The next game will just be a lot more exciting and a lot more intense. We need to go out there and just own, nothing more to say.

Old
04-03-2012, 11:47 PM
Erick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
I'm nervous. Washington on Thursday is going to be the closest thing to playoff hockey in 12 years. Carolina has played really well the last quarter of the season. I feel like if we lose to Washington, we wont be earning any more points :/

If the crowd was electric tonight, it should be flat out awesome on Saturday if the game means something. Hopefully it means nothing.

Old
04-03-2012, 11:51 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post

We need to treat this game as if it is game 1 of the playoffs, period! Only way we will be able to have a chance in front of a rowdy Washington crowd!

Old
04-03-2012, 11:52 PM
KittysGotClaws
We See Red

Quote:
When Kopecky scored I was holding back the tears, couldn't cry in front of my dad. Tears of joy, until I realized Buffalo had won.

No time for any of us to give up hope, which none of us will. The next game will just be a lot more exciting and a lot more intense. We need to go out there and just own, nothing more to say.
And it's on the road, so we'll all be here. Let's close it out!

Old
04-04-2012, 12:12 AM
MillarWithASave
HUBY DOOBY SHUTUP

The panthers remind me of Christmas eve. The presents are under the tree... but we cant open them yet.

Old
04-04-2012, 12:18 AM
MillarWithASave
HUBY DOOBY SHUTUP

Does anyone realize that the Capitals play the RANGERS the last day of the season?

Old
04-04-2012, 12:22 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
The panthers remind me of Christmas eve. The presents are under the tree... but we cant open them yet.
you are too funny man.

Old
04-04-2012, 12:24 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Does anyone realize that the Capitals play the RANGERS the last day of the season?
yeah, but as they have already clinched the top spot in the east, I suspect the Rangers top players won't get much playing time to keep the risk of injury to a minimum before the start of the playoffs.

Old
04-04-2012, 01:00 AM
Haj

Without hope we have nothing.

Old
04-04-2012, 01:02 AM
hittes petr sykora
WOLOLO

a little something i did

Old
04-04-2012, 01:17 AM
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle

Good luck folks. And I mean it.

It really hurts to be sitting comfortable for most of the season and be out at the end. I know you guys are almost there, but would be nice to make it official.

Old
04-04-2012, 01:22 AM
M4k4

vCash: 1024
Quote:
Originally Posted by hittes petr sykora View Post

a little something i did

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Kill Icing View Post
Good luck folks. And I mean it.

It really hurts to be sitting comfortable for most of the season and be out at the end. I know you guys are almost there, but would be nice to make it official.
Thanks brah!

Old
04-04-2012, 01:25 AM
Cosmonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by hittes petr sykora View Post

a little something i did

I don't even hate Ovie.

Old
04-04-2012, 03:05 AM
hittes petr sykora
WOLOLO

gonna post this again..

Games involving Florida and Carolina during the 2011-12 season in regular season games:

2011-12 season: Tue Nov 29 2011 at Car Florida 3, Carolina 1
2011-12 season: Sun Dec 18 2011 at Flo Florida 3, Carolina 2 (OT)
2011-12 season: Sat Feb 25 2012 at Car Florida 3, Carolina 2 (SO)
2011-12 season: Sun Mar 11 2012 at Flo Florida 2, Carolina 0
2011-12 season: Wed Mar 21 2012 at Car Carolina 3, Florida 1
2011-12 season: Sat Apr 7 2012 Car at Flo

Primary team Florida: 4-1 in these games.
Goals for Florida: 12
Goals against Florida: 8

======================

Games involving Florida and Washington during the 2011-12 season in regular season games:

2011-12 season: Tue Oct 18 2011 at Was Washington 3, Florida 0
2011-12 season: Mon Dec 5 2011 at Flo Florida 5, Washington 4
2011-12 season: Wed Feb 1 2012 at Flo Florida 4, Washington 2
2011-12 season: Tue Feb 7 2012 at Was Washington 4, Florida 0
2011-12 season: Fri Feb 17 2012 at Flo Washington 2, Florida 1
2011-12 season: Thu Apr 5 2012 Flo at Was

Primary team Florida: 2-3 in these games.
Goals for Florida: 10
Goals against Florida: 15

you guys have owned carolina and are dece against washington.

You're making the ploffs.

Old
04-04-2012, 03:20 AM
Panthers607
HFBoards Sponsor

So if I'm guessing right, say BUF or WSH doesn't take 4 points in 2 their remaining games, that means we're in?

BUF plays Philly on thursday.... And WSH has Rangers in their last game....

This has to be done...

I would laugh so hard if we're clinching by losing a shootout to WSH.

Let's get this thing done!!!

Go Panthers!

Closed Thread