HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

#80 KINGS vs. OILERS, 4/2/12 ... Thoughts & Tidbits = WE WIN, still in 3rd !!!!!!!!!!

Old
04-03-2012, 09:22 PM
SCARFACE909

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsFan7824 View Post
The NHL doesn't care if Hollywood is in the playoffs. LA may be a large market in the grand scheme of things, but it's hardly on the NHL radar. Maybe if Crosby was a King, but that's about it.

If anything, the fewer playoff games that the NHL needs to schedule at 10:30est, the better for keeping the most eyes on the TV.

Actually the NHL does care. Not saying they're fixing the games, but it's very good for the NHL to have the Kings in the playoffs and be successful.

SCARFACE909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 10:32 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWest View Post
I don't know why, but I just can't stop laughing when I see this.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 10:44 PM
onlyalad

Does anyone still have the game on their DVR?
A friend at work said on the Brown Dive, Teubert hit Brown's foot with his hand and that is what caused Dustin to fall. I did not see that but if it is true then it wasn't a bad call.

onlyalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 10:47 PM
damacles1156

Brown dives,

I don't know why this is news to anyone.

But he does it in a way, the Refs have to make the Pen call.

It just makes other Hf fan bases angry, But if they had Brown doing it for their team, they would love him.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 11:17 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

The level of ******** in Oilers fans is the highest I've seen in a recent memory. Are they all new to hockey, or is that fanbase really that far gone? What's insane is what they are crying about is not even that big of a deal. It happens in pretty much every single game around the league every day. Players embellish in order to draw calls, and refs miss calls on both sides. I don't see what their problem is. This is not clock gate, or some good goal being waved off or a bad goal being allowed. My only guess about their collective panic attack is that their announces used the diving as a shield for why their scrub team got dominated the whole game and they are just parroting it back.

DocWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 11:30 PM
Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWest View Post
The level of ******** in Oilers fans is the highest I've seen in a recent memory. Are they all new to hockey, or is that fanbase really that far gone? What's insane is what they are crying about is not even that big of a deal. It happens in pretty much every single game around the league every day. Players embellish in order to draw calls, and refs miss calls on both sides. I don't see what their problem is. This is not clock gate, or some good goal being waved off or a bad goal being allowed. My only guess about their collective panic attack is that their announces used the diving as a shield for why their scrub team got dominated the whole game and they are just parroting it back.
By the way their acting, you'd think they just got Brett Hull'd out of the cup...

Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 11:30 PM
Nose of Sutter

I might be the only one here, but I don't really think Renney deserved a fine.

Nose of Sutter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 11:31 PM
Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyalad View Post
A friend at work said on the Brown Dive, Teubert hit Brown's foot with his hand and that is what caused Dustin to fall. I did not see that but if it is true then it wasn't a bad call.
That was a bad call no matter how you slice it, but it wasn't a dive. Teubert got puck first, so it doesn't matter if he got Brown after. The ref just blew the call. But you know, Kings, Hollywood, blather blather...

Old
04-03-2012, 11:32 PM
Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
Can someone with a DVR and the ability to do so make a gif of Penner doing the head bob on the bench to "I'm sexy and I know it?" It was coming right out of the tv timeout at 8:28 remaining in the 3rd...
Nobody?

Old
04-03-2012, 11:37 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyalad View Post
To be FAIR ... while THIS part IS true, thus Brown DID NOT dive on that particular call ... it shouldn't have mattered, as Teubert used his stick to take a swipe at the puck and got the Puck FIRST, so anything that happened after fact to bring Brown down should not have honeslty been a penalty. Even Jim Fox was saying so during the telecast. The Back Ref is the one that made the Call against Teubert and most likely didn't have a good view of Colton's stick making contact with the puck before he brought down Brown.

A blown call to be sure ... but HARDLY the reason the Oilers lost the Game.

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 12:12 AM
bbfrc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
To be FAIR ... while THIS part IS true, thus Brown DID NOT dive on that particular call ... it shouldn't have mattered, as Teubert used his stick to take a swipe at the puck and got the Puck FIRST, so anything that happened after fact to bring Brown down should not have honeslty been a penalty. Even Jim Fox was saying so during the telecast. The Back Ref is the one that made the Call against Teubert and most likely didn't have a good view of Colton's stick making contact with the puck before he brought down Brown.

A blown call to be sure ... but HARDLY the reason the Oilers lost the Game.
So after I knock the puck away I can dance on the players face with my skates?? You can't continue to be as aggressive once you knock the puck unless its to finish a check. And even then amount of force and position of the players body to the boards limits that.

bbfrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 12:17 AM
SMoneyMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie to Brownie View Post
I'd usually agree. But implying the league is using refs to fix results is a bit more serious than saying the refs were bad. I think he's lucky with what he got, really. It's quite a bit more serious than what DL did.

If an employee in any other 'company' said something similar they'd be fired.

SMoneyMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 01:26 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
I know you guys like Brown around here, but what would your thoughts be about moving him in the offseason along with Bernier for Nash?
Would love Nash, but at that cap hit no thanks. If it was half that I'd be interested, but the 5th highest cap hit in the league (I think) and 27 goals? No thanks. Production wise, Brown and Nash are very comparible this season, which isn't a positive statement for Nash. Add in that his production has been going downward each of the last three seasons, I'm quite happy to not pay the price Columbus is asking, nor would I pay what you suggested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbfrc View Post
So after I knock the puck away I can dance on the players face with my skates?? You can't continue to be as aggressive once you knock the puck unless its to finish a check. And even then amount of force and position of the players body to the boards limits that.
Danced on his face? A bit over the top?

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 01:36 AM
Martyros

Quote:
Well, if he had rephrased his statement, perhaps many of us would agree; he basically called out the NHL on this one, not the refs.

And for those saying Brown dove on all 3 penalties.....seriously guys? *****ing just for the sake of *****ing about how big of a diver Brown is? We know Brown dives, perhaps every single game, but there is a reason he doesn't get called for it. I'd say he only dove on the last penalty in that game.

And for the record, they should worry about how they couldn't convert on the double minor when they're the 4th best team on the PP, instead of *****ing about the refs. Bad calls go against every team, Many phantoms calls have been made against the Kings, and many noncalls have gone against the Kings.

Martyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 02:57 AM
FootKnight
This ****ing team

I like the way Sutter has brought in his system slowly rather than trying to just change everything at once. When he first got here the team starting trying to get pucks to the slot more, then the defensemen started to activate more, then the forecheck started getting really aggressive, and now we've got all that and the team doesn't sit on leads anymore, they're always pressing.

He seems to have been really effective at getting all the players to do his thing without sacrificing what they always did well and without a major interruption with players trying to adjust. It may have seemed like he was Murray 2.0 at first, but we can all now see how different he is.

FootKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 07:54 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
There's a thread about this on the Oiler's board, it's pure comedy. Instant classic.
After reading some of that, I really sort of hope the Oil get good soon. With everything that's gone on the past few years it just be a great rivalry. Or at the very least just to have the two fan bases trolling eachother...

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 08:49 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Its funny to see Oiler fans in here whining about anything other than how poorly their team played. THAT is the reason that they lost and not due to some missed call. Another brilliant season where they will end up getting yet another top 3 pick superstar.

If they don't turn things around completely soon with all of the talent that they have drafted then they should fold. Maybe the Oilers can become my Nord's in a year or two?

My second favorite team returned to the NHL and the Oilers going away? Awesome.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 08:49 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Most goalies are better with some type of system that allows them to know where the shots will be coming from most of the time.

Of course many people will continue to wonder why Flyer goalies struggle and Wayne Simmonds suddenly is nearly a 30 goal scorer when the answer is quite clear.

That answer being that Richards sucks and Simmonds is God!! (jk!)

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 09:21 AM
DoktorJeep
Original Bandwagoner

Brown did some stuff last night that reminded me of the pre-tradeline Brown. Beyond the penalties he drew, I saw him try the between the legs deke when he was coming down the left wing, and as usual it didn't work and he looks stupid. As for the PP's he drew, I felt 2 out of the 3 were not really dives, but more embellishment. There was one where he was coming across the blue line and got a bit of a tug on the shin from the backchecker. He got twisted up pretty good, but I could see how someone could view him as selling it. The one play where Teubert got the puck first was a bad call by the Ref, but DB didn't dive on that one. Whatever the case may be, we've all seen Brown dive much worse than last night. Oiler fans are just bitter over another wasted season, and were looking for new excuses for the same old losing team.

Overall, Brown played a strong game. He had an early shot go off the post, and he finished with 5 shots, 4 hits, +1 and 21:40 of ice time (2nd among forwards, 4th among all Kings skaters). And the Kings got 2pts.

DoktorJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 09:33 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
I am really starting to think there is estrogen in the water in Edmonton.

Gentle Ben Kenobi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 09:41 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
You have to fine him for his comments. Even if he was joking, you can't claim that the league is biased for certain teams and that is why they get the calls.

Dean was fined $50,000 for saying that the Toronto war room was against the Kings because Murphy wanted the LA GM job.

Sydor25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 02:16 PM
Nose of Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
You have to fine him for his comments. Even if he was joking, you can't claim that the league is biased for certain teams and that is why they get the calls.

Dean was fined $50,000 for saying that the Toronto war room was against the Kings because Murphy wanted the LA GM job.
That is true

Nose of Sutter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 02:29 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

I've never cared for the Oilers. The 1991 playoffs were when I first started watching and somewhat understanding what was going on and sadly one of my first Kings memories. We were the better team and they beat us yet again. With idiot MacTavish skating around with no helmet on. That was the beginning of the Kings OT curse in the playoffs that continued in the 93 Finals and last years playoffs as well.

And the types of players we have gotten from them in recent years (with the exception of Greene) make me dislike the franchise even more.

I'm a bit happy they have fallen on tough times. And thank god they didn't win in 06. That roster was just full of people I can't stand. Pronger, Peca, Smyth, Horcoff, Stool, Harvey, Moreau and ofcourse the aforementioned MacTavish behind the bench.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 02:41 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
And the types of players we have gotten from them in recent years (with the exception of Greene) make me dislike the franchise even more.
Fraser has turned out pretty good for us. A pleasant surprise.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 02:44 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Fraser has turned out pretty good for us. A pleasant surprise.
True. I actually really like Fraser. Getting anything for Smyth was winning the trade, getting a quality 4th liner was a bonus.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote