Old
04-03-2012, 11:50 PM
piqued
Global Moderator
victory green?

vCash: 27750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Forumwalker View Post
Can't say I'm surprised a team with the lowest payroll in the league isn't making the playoffs. It was a good run just being in the race IMO.
Indeed. It's just depressing when you actually have to live through the process. All along this past offseason I said this was a team that could challenge for a playoff spot. They did.

Old
04-03-2012, 11:51 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

vCash: 1495
I don't think anyone actually expected this to be a playoff team. But as pique said, it's just depressing having to see them go through this again. It has been there for the taking two seasons in a row. The division was there this season. No one in the Pacific has wanted it up until this past week.

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011
Old
04-03-2012, 11:52 PM
None More Negative*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
I don't understand how you think a guy deserving of being on the 3rd pairing can also deserve to be on the PP? He's at the very least a 2nd pairing defenseman, I just don't think they've gotten the right partner for him this season.
Ok let me explain: He can't play actual defense, so he's useless at defending which is expected from a 2nd pairing d-man, but if we can keep the puck in the zone on the PP he could use his moderate offensive skill at possibly putting up a few points..Cool deal? Alright..

Old
04-03-2012, 11:57 PM
Satan
why did she go

vCash: 50
If Morrow is gone in the offseason, do you guys think Benn will receive the C?

Old
04-03-2012, 11:57 PM
Bennrocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Gary Oak View Post
If Morrow is gone in the offseason, do you guys think Benn will receive the C?
No. Daley/robidas/ott only one of those choices is anywhere near the correct one

Old
04-03-2012, 11:58 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

vCash: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars99Lobo37 View Post
I don't think anyone actually expected this to be a playoff team. But as pique said, it's just depressing having to see them go through this again. It has been there for the taking two seasons in a row. The division was there this season. No one in the Pacific has wanted it up until this past week.
They also changed everything with that win streak. Most of us were ready to write the season off until that. We had come to accept that. Then they started playing to not get traded, got all our hopes up. After that they turned right back into the **** team we had before.

Then as you said, this is the second year in a row we were literally a clutch win away. Two years in a row they drop the ball when they have it. I don't know how they can expect fans to be OK with that much heartbreak.

Old
04-04-2012, 12:01 AM
None More Negative*

Isn't it funny how a lot of these turn into Gobbler discussions, anyway? Hmmmmm..

Old
Elysian
@AdamBath

vCash: 5355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennrocks View Post
No. Daley/robidas/ott only one of those choices is anywhere near the correct one
Ott Robidas

Old
Satan
why did she go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennrocks View Post
I'd also assume Robidas to be moved as well. I'd like to see Daley / Ott as Captain as well, they both play with intensity and heart.

Old
04-04-2012, 12:03 AM
Rune Forumwalker

Can't say I'm that depressed, as to be depressed you would actually have to have expected them to make it IMO. On the other hand, I am impressed that a team with such little talent, glaring holes, and an abysmal special teams could come this close.

Old
04-04-2012, 12:03 AM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnholyPrince View Post
We had come to accept that.
Yep. Don't think there was a single fan on here actually thinking we were going to make it before that point streak that came out of no where other than to "keep the group together".

And if Morrow is gone, you can bet on Robi becoming captain.

Old
04-04-2012, 12:09 AM
Hull Fan
Czech Stop

Okay the official darkside bandwagon, ie sell over 30 has announced it's leaving the station. I've been talking about it for 3+ years so I'm your conductor. I don't even need top value in trades at this point because a roster turnover of just about any shape is an improvement.

Ribiero
Ott
Morrow
Robidas
Burish
Dowell
Sourey
Peterson

All need to be gone next season. I am neither for or against offering Dvorak a contract next year but at his cost if he comes back I won't be pissed.

Find a a young center. If you have to trade multiple players in separate deals to get the parts needed for one so be it but Benn needs help and Ribeiro is no longer it. Try Chaisson at center and give him at least half a season in Austin to see if he can stick with it. Run the Jordie Benn's and Brendan Dillon's out there on the blueline if necessary next season because I'd rather see them try and fail and hopefully improve than yet another year of the same old crap.

Old
04-04-2012, 12:09 AM
Satan
why did she go

Honestly though for a team that was basically built to be over the cap floor, that lost their PPQB in Brad Richards and made no moves other than acquiring Nystrom in the season, the Stars didn't do as bad as I had anticipated.

Ryder had a heck of a season, Loui proved that he was fantastic alone, Benn played great.

Kari stepped up in stretches and kept this team above water.

While, yes, Morrow underperformed, Robidas has been regressing and multiple other players haven't been up to par; I'm not overly angry at not making the Playoffs.

I expected to sit around 11th or 12th with no shot at the Playoffs and the 2011-12 Stars gave us an alright year.

Old
04-04-2012, 12:10 AM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

No one is going to want Robidas for another two years at his contract. He isn't going anywhere. No reason to even get your hopes up for it.

Old
04-04-2012, 12:12 AM
None More Negative*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Fan View Post
Okay the official darkside bandwagon, ie sell over 30 has announced it's leaving the station. I've been talking about it for 3+ years so I'm your conductor. I don't even need top value in trades at this point because a roster turnover of just about any shape is an improvement.

Ribiero
Ott
Morrow
Robidas
Burish
Dowell
Sourey
Peterson

All need to be gone next season. I am neither for or against offering Dvorak a contract next year but at his cost if he comes back I won't be pissed.

Find a a young center. If you have to trade multiple players in separate deals to get the parts needed for one so be it but Benn needs help and Ribeiro is no longer it. Try Chaisson at center and give him at least half a season in Austin to see if he can stick with it. Run the Jordie Benn's and Brendan Dillon's out there on the blueline if necessary next season because I'd rather see them try and fail and hopefully improve than yet another year of the same old crap.
Other than Ribiero and Ott, I agree..Even though those two would bring back the most value..

Last edited by None More Negative*: 04-04-2012 at 12:23 AM.
Old
04-04-2012, 12:14 AM
Elysian
@AdamBath

vCash: 5355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Again View Post
Other than Ribiero and Ott, I agree..Even those two would bring back the most value..
Why Ott? Besides faceoffs, what does he actually bring to the table? He doesn't even seem like an effective pest anymore.

Old
04-04-2012, 12:14 AM
Bennrocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Again View Post
Other than Ribiero and Ott, I agree..Even those two would bring back the most value..
IF we clean house those two MUST go because they have the most value

Old
04-04-2012, 12:16 AM
Hull Fan
Czech Stop

He's French Canadian and speaks French, of course Montreal will want him. Maybe for a bag of pucks but you never know what the GM of that franchise will do.

Heck even with the cap dropping some team may need to add salary. Don't piss in my cheerios when that's all this damn team has done for the last four seasons. We can find a way, especially if he'll waive his NTC. Tampa needs defense, Edmonton and the Islanders too. There's hope dammit.

Old
04-04-2012, 12:20 AM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Why Ott? Besides faceoffs, what does he actually bring to the table? He doesn't even seem like an effective pest anymore.
If anything, this season has shown the refs will call him more for being a pest than not.

Old
04-04-2012, 12:20 AM
Ambassador Of Fun

Sigh. It was a good run. Heartbroken again. Also, I lol at thinking anyone will want to take Morrow in the offseason. Ott, Ribeiro, and Robidas I can see possibly being moved, but what team could want a 34 year old who is too slow to keep up and takes a minor penalty a game.

Old
04-04-2012, 12:21 AM
piqued
Global Moderator
victory green?

vCash: 27750
Ott spent the most important stretch of the season taking minors, misconducts, and flopping around the ice like Dustin Brown. We've got to change the culture somewhere. Surely there are other players who can win faceoffs. Perhaps they could even be acquired in a Steve Ott deal.

Old
04-04-2012, 12:22 AM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Bring back Halpern!

Old
04-04-2012, 12:31 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
I've got a plan that will never actually happen, but I'm too lazy to type it up tonight.

Will do once I finish my essay tommorrow unless I get bored tonight.

It'll probably make us even worse now, but we'll have a very bright future ahead of us.

Old
04-04-2012, 12:38 AM
Rune Forumwalker

Would rather not get rid of a ton of players and rush the new shiny prospects that actually have potential to the NHL. That could set the franchise back even further.

It would be nice to find a few young players with potential buried in deep lineups on another team to sign/trade, but it's doubtful at best a trade could be pulled off to get one without giving up one of the decent prospects in the system. There also probably isn't any out there to sign either.

Closed Thread