HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Your 2011-2012 Atlantic Division/Regular Season Eastern Conference Champions!

Old
04-03-2012, 11:26 PM
Swedish Fish
CONQUERED

vCash: 500
To whoever the 8 seed is

Swedish Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 11:33 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
I remember some Penguins fan "Guins" or something saying how the division is in the bag for the Penguins. I asked him how he knows the future and he said "common sense". That was of course before they got swept in that home and home against the Isles.
Yeah, I have a rule not to live your life in a sports bar. Its ok to criticize your own team, but talking trash/arrogance always comes to bite you in butt somewhere down the line. Its best to just let results speak for themselves.

I don't talk trash when the Rangers are at the top of the heap, and I don't expect to take trash when they are at the bottom of it.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 12:09 AM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
My wife and I are always cracking up at this guy. He's a classic. Right up there with Zac Bagans.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 12:16 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
My wife and I are always cracking up at this guy. He's a classic. Right up there with Zac Bagans.
Is Zac Bagans the guy from Ghost Adventures? He kills me. "COME OUT YOU ********* GHOST *******! FIGHT ME LIKE A MAN YOU WUSSY!"

We should've did playoff avatars with that guy.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 12:25 AM
ltsthinaz

On a more serious note, Devils reporting Josefson out 6 weeks at least with a broken wrist. Bruins awaiting MRI on Boychuk, who may be out for the season after a knee-to-knee with Asham. Bruins thread reporting he did walk around after the game in the locker room, but left in a wheelchair. Likely out at best a minimum of 2-3 weeks, but possibly much more.

Please do not play Gaborik or Richards on Thursday, play John Scott and the like. I do not trust Pitt, and don't care one whitt about the President's trophy.

ltsthinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 12:31 AM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Is Zac Bagans the guy from Ghost Adventures? He kills me. "COME OUT YOU ********* GHOST *******! FIGHT ME LIKE A MAN YOU WUSSY!"

That's the guy.

I'm always goofing on him to my family. I call it "The Dude & Bro Show", cause they call each other that a thousand times an episode.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 12:35 AM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltsthinaz View Post
On a more serious note, Devils reporting Josefson out 6 weeks at least with a broken wrist. Bruins awaiting MRI on Boychuk, who may be out for the season after a knee-to-knee with Asham. Bruins thread reporting he did walk around after the game in the locker room, but left in a wheelchair. Likely out at best a minimum of 2-3 weeks, but possibly much more.

Please do not play Gaborik or Richards on Thursday, play John Scott and the like. I do not trust Pitt, and don't care one whitt about the President's trophy.
That makes sense. I'm with you on that.
Malkin could become disgruntled and do another one of his cheapshots, Cooke could decide to pull another of his silent, off-camera shenanigans like his slew foot of Brad Richards earlier this season, Crosby could say to himself "they say I slash, I'll show them a slash, by gawd" etc.

I would actually like to see less shot blocking too.
We know that emotions will probably flow because these teams hate each other. Best to practice prevention.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 12:44 AM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

This really is some kind of dream right? I mean, I've personally never seen anything like this from our team. I'm used to failure and not being able to live up to expectations, and when achieving goals in the regular season and advancing past them to do what this team has done is amazing. We need to be confident this team can do something in the playoffs. Tonight their play tapered as the night went on but Philly was pushing harder so it was a matter of time they would get more chances on net.

Having cup aspirations is legit and this team has balls the size of MSG. This postseason should be really fun, regardless of who they play against. Go in, tear some teams a new ******* and show everyone the season wasn't a fluke or lucky. That's what I want to see.

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 12:51 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
I think he probably meant erratic. Still great though.
No, no, no He meant erratic.

Edit, darn it did you edit your post? I could have sworn you originally typed exotic.

Last edited by wolfgaze: 04-04-2012 at 02:18 AM.
wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 12:52 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

My DVR didn't record the Tortorella post game.... Did he say anything controversial about the officiating?

Old
04-04-2012, 12:55 AM
BlessThisMess513

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post

Hahaha thats gold. Hes a moron. "We're gonna replay the sounds on an EVP recorder to show you what we thought was a disembodied voice."
Then the "ghost" says/yells "Get out!" only for the crew to bring in even more people to analyse the "evidence".

BlessThisMess513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 12:55 AM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
My DVR didn't record the Tortorella post game.... Did he say anything controversial about the officiating?
Nothing at all.

Not even sure if he was questioned about it.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 01:02 AM
pavelich

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltsthinaz View Post
Bruins awaiting MRI on Boychuk, who may be out for the season after a knee-to-knee with Asham. Bruins thread reporting he did walk around after the game in the locker room, but left in a wheelchair. Likely out at best a minimum of 2-3 weeks, but possibly much more.

This.
Funny how many knee on knee incidents the Pens are involved in.

pavelich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 01:11 AM
mike14

Congrats to the Rangers! It's been said before, but winning the Atlantic is no small feat, so hopefully they enjoy it. Yeah there's a long way to go, but you should always find time to enjoy your triumphs.

Been trying to follow the end of season but internet is crap in Afghanistan so I'm reduced to constantly hitting refresh on the boxscore, doesn't have the same excitement to it.......

Bring on the playoffs, here's hoping to a deep run!

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 01:19 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Was sick as a dog yesterday so I couldn't see the game - was it the usual goon game by flyers?

How did we respond?

Glennsoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 02:19 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
Was sick as a dog yesterday so I couldn't see the game - was it the usual goon game by flyers?

How did we respond?
They played chippy but we did not back down one bit and stood our ground. Prust won his fight against Rinaldo.... Shelley won his fight against Rupp... A few good hits in this game but not a lot. Rangers were hard on the puck.... Refs were god awful.

Old
04-04-2012, 02:44 AM
fredrikstad

Congratulations Rangers
How does this work now. Do we meet the eight seed in our conference in the first PO round?
Could be either Caps or Sabres,no?

By the way,how was Jagr? Does it seams like he have some more NHL years left in his old body?
Personally I hope his going home to Czech for a final year or two for his Kladno. That would have bean so huge for The Czechs

Last edited by fredrikstad: 04-04-2012 at 02:59 AM.
fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 04:01 AM
skymachine

My first ever Division Championship (and #1 seed) as a fan...been a fan since 1995. And it took me leaving the country for it to happen. Pretty amazing since the Atlantic may be the best division in the NHL this year.

Feels good man. Now bring home the cup.

skymachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 04:20 AM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aemoreira1981 View Post
Glad that this is in the books. Yielding EIGHT power plays to the Flyers is inexcusable though. Lundqvist bailed the Rangers out.

As for the refs, it's probably a good thing that they called the game 2.6 seconds early.
The refs just gave penalties for everything last night. It was ridiculous. The only penalty that bugged me was the TMM

Amazing Kreiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 05:46 AM
truebluegoalie

http://espn.go.com/nhl/preview2011/s...ds-predictions

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...edictions.html
7 NEW YORK RANGERS
Why: One of the best defensive teams in the NHL last season backed by one of the game's elite goalies in Henrik Lundqvist, the young blueline led by Marc Staal and Dan Girardi will take another step forward in 2011-12. The area the Rangers needed improvement on was offense and that was addressed by adding the summer's top free agent, playmaking center Brad Richards. How much will Richards help the Blueshirts? Well, he doesn't automatically make them a powerhouse, but the thought of him alongside sniper Marian Gaborik is tantalizing. The Rangers can't be worse after improving their greatest need, but also won't jump too far ahead of where they were a year ago.

Suck it "experts!"

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 06:04 AM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Aaand here's your backpage headlines folks:

http://www.nypost.com/archives/cover...0258E1EBA1AF4D

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/the-week

Shove it you 2 NY rag pieces. Hope the Knicks lose however many games they have left and miss the playoffs.

Piece of garbage newspapers.

TonyTheGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 06:11 AM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTheGr8 View Post

Shove it you 2 NY rag pieces. Hope the Knicks lose however many games they have left and miss the playoffs.

That's just sad. One time they couldn't just do something proper.

I'm a Knick fan, but honestly, if this is how the media is going to continue, I have no problem with another 10 years of Knicks irrelevance.

Although, I will come clean: I am more a Ranger fan than a Knick fan.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 06:17 AM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
That's just sad. One time they couldn't just do something proper.

I'm a Knick fan, but honestly, if this is how the media is going to continue, I have no problem with another 10 years of Knicks irrelevance.

Although, I will come clean: I am more a Ranger fan than a Knick fan.
agreed...i saw that we got a small banner on the top, while the Knicks lose a REGULAR SEASON GAME!! and they get a full page....BAHAHAHAHA....ridiculous....this is exactly why I was hoping the NBA season would have been cancelled, rangers could have gotten a ton of media exposure since there was nothing else to talk about, and they do something no other rangers team has done in 18 years and we get this little headline up top...wow

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 06:47 AM
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Lest we forget

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTheGr8 View Post

I don't know why the back page is so important to anyone here. I haven't read a newspaper made out of paper in AT LEAST five years.

Megustaelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 06:50 AM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythegr8 View Post
aaand here's your backpage headlines folks:

http://www.nypost.com/archives/cover...0258e1eba1af4d

shove it you 2 ny rag pieces. Hope the knicks lose however many games they have left and miss the playoffs.

that is a &%$#@ disgrace!!!

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote