HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Minnesota Wild @ Nashville Predators

Old
04-03-2012, 10:02 PM
Russian Pred
ˇNo Pasarán!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pekkaslap View Post
i'm completely on the forget suter, let's sign rads bandwagon.
+100000000000000

Russian Pred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 10:03 PM
wadesworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
Love Radulov talent and how he hold the puck, but he turned the puck over at least 5 times trying to do too much. I would rather see that than throw it away, but this is what gets other players in trouble.
Great shoot out goal!
Most of his turnovers are waiting for our guys to get open. Half the time when they do, he feeds them perfectly and they can't finish. In short, I'm not losing any sleep over Radulov's turnovers trying to create.

wadesworld is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 10:06 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Don't even listen to our homer announcers. We call them Dumb and Dumber for a reason. They're horrible at just about everything.
Speaking of which, how are you guys liking Nate Processor?

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 10:09 PM
NoNecksCurse

glad to get the 2 points....

this should been have a game where someone raised up and took the team to victory.. (weber, suter, erat, legwand, fisher, ect) .. or at least put in more effort .. at least imo. another so-so game from our "core" guys.. really hope they get it together before the playoffs.

another sub-par game from the suter/weber duo.. whats new.. but radulov, oh boy is he awesome. love his enthusiasm.

I am officially on the "screw suter, sign radulov" at all costs....

NoNecksCurse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 10:11 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
When Minny is on their game, it looks like this. They suck the life out of their opposition to beat them.

Ugly ... but it's two points.
True, but I also think the Preds coasted once they realized it wasn't going to be easy. I don't think the players care nearly as much about home ice as the fans do. That team looked like a team that is ready for the playoffs to start tomorrow. I'm not jumping ship we all know how well this team can play when they are really engaged. I'm still confident in this team once the playoffs officially start.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 10:16 PM
BourqueBourqueBork

Quote:
When Minny is on their game, it looks like this. They suck the life out of their opposition to beat them.

Ugly ... but it's two points.
Yeah...this was a very typical Minnesota game.

Waste all your energy trying to attain the zone while they forecheck hard as hell and have their D sitting back waiting to flip the puck right back to center ice.

I DO NOT like playing the Wild. Not a fun game to watch, but I'm glad we got 2 points, and now it's time to focus attention to the Stars, who will be in desperation mode...they're on life support.

BourqueBourqueBork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 10:16 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Home ice really isn't an advantage unless the series goes seven games. 6 or less requires winning on the road.

Radulov is here next season unless he returns to the KHL or some team offers an absolutely ridiculous deal in an offer sheet. Other than that, he's a Pred.

C'mon Yotes ... put Dallas behind the eight ball.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 10:20 PM
MrMariusz

Lindback showed up in the SO. Hard-earned win, but we really needed the two points.

MrMariusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 10:20 PM
BourqueBourqueBork

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
I am officially on the "screw suter, sign radulov" at all costs....
If it's a package deal (Webs-Sutes-Rads), I wouldn't be upset if they all sign.

It may mean nothing...but Rads' friendship with Webs and Sutes could be good for us in trying to re-sign them.

Supposedly Webs and Sutes didn't want to be the only stars out there....Rinne is signed long term...if Rads will sign, it could be a good selling point.

Old
04-03-2012, 10:21 PM
PredaDORES
**** you Dale Tallon

Quote:
Home ice really isn't an advantage unless the series goes seven games. 6 or less requires winning on the road.
True, but I think it definitely helps to get up 2-0 in the series at home and have some momentum behind you.

PredaDORES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 10:22 PM
Nitrous Mafia

glad lindback got a SO start.

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 10:26 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredaDORES View Post
True, but I think it definitely helps to get up 2-0 in the series at home and have some momentum behind you.
Sure but on the flip side if you split at home all the pressure is on you to take a road game.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 10:28 PM
klt2001

The thing I didn't like besides us not being able to score and it being a boring game was how many of our guys went in the penalty box. 6 of our players in the penalty box (Suter, Yip, Legward, Erat, Spaling, AK) vs 3 for the Wild. Too many mistakes/sloppy plays in this game. But at least we didn't start the game being down 4-0 at least and having to claw our way out. Plus the defense and PK looked good in this game overall. Our offense had a hard time creating chances or getting to the net but I credit that to the Wild playing great defense and the Preds passing too much/doing too much East/West plays rather than North/South. Overall, though just happy for a win/2 points.

Last edited by klt2001: 04-03-2012 at 10:40 PM.
klt2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 10:32 PM
BourqueBourqueBork

Quote:
Absolutely.

Also, it sets you up for game 5 at home...and game 5's have proved be crucial for a lot of teams advancing.

On the flip side, though...playing a home playoff series puts a lot of pressure and expectations on you. Playing road dog can give you a reason to all out fight for it, since you know you have to win at least one road game.

In any case, the Preds' regular season home and road records should bode well for us. Especially against Detroit and Chicago.

Old
04-03-2012, 10:46 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Plus another factor is if we happen to win the first round then they reseed and if the top two seeds falter( which happens in the nhl playoffs more often than any other sport) then we have home ice again in the second round series. That is if your goal is to win the cup and all. I would rather play a possible 4 games at home then opposed to 4 games on the road. Plus if win the first two then all you have to do is win a least one game on the road. So home ice is important far as the long stretch is concerned

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 11:54 PM
kivaerijo

Is pekka ok. Just saw Pickard was backup tonight

kivaerijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 12:03 AM
BourqueBourqueBork

Quote:
Originally Posted by kivaerijo View Post
Is pekka ok. Just saw Pickard was backup tonight
Pete and Terry mentioned he was sick. Not sure how sick we're talking...but I think he needed a break anyways. He should be back for the rest of the regular season.

Old
04-04-2012, 01:44 AM
dulzhok

We seriously need to change up lines. Trotz seems to be 'settling' for these combos but they are barely clicking.

Radulov has chemistry with himself, so I'm not really worried about who he plays with. We need to get everyone else clicking.

SK has been invisible most of the last 10 games. Erat-Fisher-SK has been pretty ineffective.

Erat-Fisher-Radulov (best line we probably ever iced)
AK-Legwand-SK... Sk & Ak have shown chemistry in their brief time together here. They also had some playoff magic from Montreal's run years back.

Would still like to get Wilson in there somewhere. Heck, even sit SK for Wilson.

Don't settle Trotz!

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 06:10 AM
Oan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BourqueBourqueBork View Post
Pete and Terry mentioned he was sick. Not sure how sick we're talking...but I think he needed a break anyways. He should be back for the rest of the regular season.
Some finnish news claim that Rinne is resting the rest of regular season, and that's why they called Pickard.

http://yle.fi/urheilu/lajit/jaakiekk...n_3384384.html

Oan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 07:05 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Minny's last three games - OT against FLA, shootouts against LA and CHI ... all wins. They're back to playing almost like they did earlier in the season and haven't been easy victims of late.
Bingo. We played into the Wild's game last night and still came out on top.

It's going to be a crazy finish!

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 07:23 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

I was about to go on a rant about fantasy hockey pools are ruining value comprehension of players but I'm holding my tongue.

Before Gaustad, the PK was meh. Unacceptable for a Barry Trotz team. Now the PK is in the top 10 turning the Nashville Predators into an extremely dangerous team. Nashville already has enough offense they don't need more offense. They need more defense and that is what Gaustad provides.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 08:04 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oan View Post
Some finnish news claim that Rinne is resting the rest of regular season, and that's why they called Pickard.

http://yle.fi/urheilu/lajit/jaakiekk...n_3384384.html
That would be monumentally stupid. Pickard was recalled because the Cyclones season is over and Milwaukee has two goalies. Pickard will be practicing with the team to lessen the workload on Rinne throughout the remainder of the season, but will not be playing. Rinne would have dressed as the backup yesterday had he not been ill.

The Predators did the same thing last season. I wouldn't be surprised if Rinne and Lindback split the final two starts, but you don't rest your No. 1 for nearly two weeks heading into the playoffs...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 08:35 AM
VFL615*

You have to remember the Wild where playing very well coming into Nashville last night. They basically sat back and played great d. That is hard for the Predators because they would rather dump and chase then skate in and get position.
For the comments on Radulov losing the puck trying to make a play you can also say that he created the same if not more great shots for other players. Sad thing is bulls and legwand were the ones getting the puck. Ellis could be a nice D man to dish to if that is what they are looking for. He also got it to Klein who had a couple of shots.
The comments about goal scoring. Horny missed a wide open tip in, Fisher could not muscle a shot right infront of the net, and erat missed a wide open one timer. If those goals go in it is a blowout.

VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 08:37 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Not that it really needs to be said-- I don't mind a solid, defensive game...but this game was painfully boring, and everyone that was with me agreed.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 09:19 AM
preds1

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
Not that it really needs to be said-- I don't mind a solid, defensive game...but this game was painfully boring, and everyone that was with me agreed.
Agree. It was pretty quiet most of the game too.
Definitely take the win but I wasn't overly impressed.
Lindback with a solid game though.

preds1 is offline   Reply With Quote