Closed Thread

Old
04-04-2012, 04:29 AM
Bruinsforlife89

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman22 View Post
Yikes, does that mean Krug is out too?
Krug is not eligible to play in the playoffs. Otherwise it'd be a better idea than corvo

Old
04-04-2012, 05:38 AM
TCL40

Quote:
Hopefully it's just a slight hyperextension or something. I did that once and limped around for a day or two, but was okay after that.
True. You can see a knee bend in funny ways, and it just be a week or so of rest to heal up. My daughter was playing 3rd base when a player slid into her and hit her knee, and it bent in a way it wasn't supposed to. Hurt a lot when she did it, but within a week everything was fine. I know Chara's knee bent really funny last fall, and he was okay.

That said you can also have a serious tear. Knees sometimes take a few days to a week to sort out as well.

Knees are weird-so I am going to hope for the best but still suspect it is probably going to end up being a 4 to 6 week recovery type injury.

Old
04-04-2012, 05:40 AM
8spokesontheB
Cry Havoc!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsforlife89 View Post
Krug is not eligible to play in the playoffs. Otherwise it'd be a better idea than corvo
Krug didn't look like any kind of stalwart on the Asham goal...

I'll only feel "good" about the d-corps if it's this year's starters with Zanon in for Corvo.

Old
04-04-2012, 06:09 AM
KrejciMVP

His reaction reminded me when Sturm tore his ACL. Hopefully his knee is similar to Gumby's

Old
04-04-2012, 06:12 AM
DarrenBanks56

good luck manchuk. hopefully the mri turns out good news.
him not putting any pressure on it while leaving the ice, and his facial expressions worry me. it reminds me of the sturm injury.

if he's done until next season, I would hope we see mottau in there instead of corvo.
corvo is just a disaster out there.

Old
04-04-2012, 06:12 AM
ReggieMoto

Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
I'm diagnosing an MCL sprain. I predict he's out until the second round.

Old
04-04-2012, 06:14 AM
GoBs

Is Corvo above Zanon on our depth chart? If so how the hell did that happen?

Old
04-04-2012, 06:34 AM
DarrenBanks56

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBs View Post
Is Corvo above Zanon on our depth chart? If so how the hell did that happen?
no way.
im pretty sure corvo is dead last on the depth chart now based on the lineup claude put out there when the games mattered and there were no injuries.

here's how id rank the D

chara
seids
boychuk
ference
zanon
mcquaid
mattau
corvo

zanon and ference could even swap 4 and 5.

Old
04-04-2012, 06:35 AM
ODAAT

http://www.nesn.com/2012/04/johnny-b...n-wednesd.html

It means little in the diagnosis but....

Old
04-04-2012, 06:38 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenBanks56 View Post
no way.
im pretty sure corvo is dead last on the depth chart now based on the lineup claude put out there when the games mattered and there were no injuries.

here's how id rank the D

chara
seids
boychuk
ference
zanon
mcquaid
mattau
corvo

zanon and ference could even swap 4 and 5.
Agreed, I think this is a case of CJ starting to rest his D, Little Z`s turn came first, IF Boychuk can`t go, Corvo may see time in the playoffs, but I also wouldn`t discount the possibility that CJ goes with Mattau before him.

If Boychuk is able to go, Corvo plays zero playoff minutes IMO

Old
04-04-2012, 06:44 AM
caz16

vCash: 627
I know this may not be accurate but I'm hopeful there's some truth in there - tweeted by Boychuk's brother:

Sam Boychuk‏@SaBoych
Believe it or not folks Johnny Boychuk will be ok ...ready for playoffs just has a MRI today and may need some ice lol....#toughasnails

Old
04-04-2012, 06:45 AM
Actp
CN6 but Accentuate p

Boychuk's sarcasm tells me he at very least tweaked a ligament but we shall see. As for Corvo, how on earth can he see time in the playoffs? His continued refusal to play Claude's system should keep him on the bench forever. However, Claude is too fair and nice for that and tries to sustain Corvo's confidence by saying things like its not all his fault. Claude's fairness is working against him here.

Old
04-04-2012, 06:46 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by caz16 View Post
I know this may not be accurate but I'm hopeful there's some truth in there - tweeted by Boychuk's brother:

Sam Boychuk‏@SaBoych
Believe it or not folks Johnny Boychuk will be ok ...ready for playoffs just has a MRI today and may need some ice lol....#toughasnails
Let`s hope his bro is right.

Old
04-04-2012, 06:49 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by cursednumber6 View Post
Boychuk's sarcasm tells me he at very least tweaked a ligament but we shall see. As for Corvo, how on earth can he see time in the playoffs? His continued refusal to play Claude's system should keep him on the bench forever. However, Claude is too fair and nice for that and tries to sustain Corvo's confidence by saying things like its not all his fault. Claude's fairness is working against him here.
Claude has shown that when it counts most (playoff time) he will not hand out ice time to those he doesn`t trust.

He gives his players alot of rope to dig themselves outta slumps, get it going etc..but eventually (like Kaberle) he has shown that he`ll discard his old stubborn ways for the betterment of the team in the long run, and Corvo would be/is a massive problem on the back end, I`d argue, if the kid was eligible (Krug) he`d had more of a shot than Corvo seeing ice time in the playoffs.

Old
04-04-2012, 06:56 AM
Actp
CN6 but Accentuate p

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Claude has shown that when it counts most (playoff time) he will not hand out ice time to those he doesn`t trust.

He gives his players alot of rope to dig themselves outta slumps, get it going etc..but eventually (like Kaberle) he has shown that he`ll discard his old stubborn ways for the betterment of the team in the long run, and Corvo would be/is a massive problem on the back end, I`d argue, if the kid was eligible (Krug) he`d had more of a shot than Corvo seeing ice time in the playoffs.
I suppose your right but I think sustaining a guy's confidence in the ole Sparky Anderson way is a bit of a different issue than cutting Kaberle's ice time....It is a minor quibble at any rate as I can't imagine Corvo playing ahed of Zanon but maybe Mottau. Strangely my head tells me Boychuk's injury is at least mildly serious but my gut says we may have gotten away with one.

Old
04-04-2012, 07:07 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by cursednumber6 View Post
I suppose your right but I think sustaining a guy's confidence in the ole Sparky Anderson way is a bit of a different issue than cutting Kaberle's ice time....It is a minor quibble at any rate as I can't imagine Corvo playing ahed of Zanon but maybe Mottau. Strangely my head tells me Boychuk's injury is at least mildly serious but my gut says we may have gotten away with one.
There is/will be no way Corvo plays ahead of Zanon, don`t worry, Claude is a smart guy, he see`s what we all see and that`s an almost shift by shift mistake filled escapade when JC is out there.

I`d wager he`d (Julien) would play Mattau, manage his ice time before he allows Corvo to play

Old
04-04-2012, 07:23 AM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:

Sam Boychuk‏@SaBoych
Believe it or not folks Johnny Boychuk will be ok ...ready for playoffs just has a MRI tIday and may need some ice lol....#toughasnails
Family member. Believe his brother. Been right before w/ his possible concussion from getting nailed by Neil.

I do agree that you can walk on a severe injury without aids. Walked on what was a broken fibula for almost a year. Depends on your pain threshold.

Also, Mottau was acquired for this very reason. He'll go over Corvo.

Much more physical. He isnt a defensive liability like Corvo. He's not rattled easily under pressure and has some mobility to make the quick up to get the puck out of their zone.

I am Boston Strong

Old
04-04-2012, 08:07 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:

Sam Boychuk‏@SaBoych
Well, there is no way to know if you are going to be "OK" before the MRI... sometimes they show things and Manchuk has a high pain threshold.

Fingers crossed.

Old
04-04-2012, 08:15 AM
Kiss My Rask
Loui Loui, ohhh no

Quote:

Sam Boychuk‏@SaBoych
true or not, best news ive heard today...

just got back my exam, i failed

Old
04-04-2012, 08:43 AM
The Special K
Hoss MOFO, Hoss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Password is Taco View Post
true or not, best news ive heard today...

just got back my exam, i failed
le bummer dude. But fear not....there will be many more exams in the future. You can pass them.

Old
04-04-2012, 08:43 AM
dtimmons

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieMoto View Post
I'm diagnosing an MCL sprain. I predict he's out until the second round.
I'm going with MCL/ACL tear, done for year

Old
04-04-2012, 08:46 AM
dtimmons

I hope his brother is more right than me!

I do like to think of myself as a doctor, so I doubt it

Old
04-04-2012, 08:46 AM
Patrice37

Send a message via AIM to Patrice37
Quote:

Sam Boychuk‏@SaBoych
I dont understand this if there has not been an MRI

Logan Mankins tore his ACL this past season and continued to play on it because he refused to get an MRI. Some people can absolutely play on torn ACL's, but I have never heard of playing hockey with one and I tore mine last spring.

I just dont get how anyone can assume he is going to be alright before an MRI

Old
04-04-2012, 08:55 AM
dtimmons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrice37 View Post
I dont understand this if there has not been an MRI

Logan Mankins tore his ACL this past season and continued to play on it because he refused to get an MRI. Some people can absolutely play on torn ACL's, but I have never heard of playing hockey with one and I tore mine last spring.

I just dont get how anyone can assume he is going to be alright before an MRI
Well, obviously you can never tell for sure without the MRI, but if there is little to no swelling then there is no tear. I would assume that's what his opinion is based on. It's very good news that his MRI is today (if this is true), because that would mean there isn't much swelling.

Old
04-04-2012, 09:09 AM
Kiss My Rask
Loui Loui, ohhh no

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Special K View Post
le bummer dude. But fear not....there will be many more exams in the future. You can pass them.
thanks haha

Closed Thread