HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#6th playoff spot. Best place to be.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-03-2012, 10:33 PM
  #26
DrHamburg
Registered User
 
DrHamburg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,280
vCash: 500
i hate the idea of tanking

DrHamburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 10:33 PM
  #27
StandingCow
Registered User
 
StandingCow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 3,665
vCash: 500
I'd rather us finish right where we are, in 5th. We match up well against the pens (Especially if we get some guys back). I think we can take them in 6.

Avoid the rags as long as possible.

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 10:35 PM
  #28
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,342
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Play your hand. They are in the Pens heads. That would be a great playoff series and could potentially lead to a better second round matchup (i.e. not the Rangers). Not to mention there are no guarantees that playing Florida means a win. It is a better matchup but that doesn't mean a win by any means.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 10:40 PM
  #29
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
Don't bother trying to out luck the devils. It can't be done.

Mr Atoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 10:51 PM
  #30
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk View Post
6th seed makes it more likely we get the Rangers in the 2nd round.

We crush the Pens, let the Devils play the Rangers in round 2, and we don't have to play they to the ECF.
Not a fact. Against Pens will may very well go 7 games. 7 tough, rough, chippy hard hitting games imo. We will be in penalty box most of the time or playing from behind

Against Florida we rest, we get easy non physical team we get healthy. Get some players back.

Screw NY Rangers. I do not care what regular season stats say. We can beat them. Plus you do not know who they going to face in 1st.

We ice rested team

Hartnell Giroux Jagr
Schenn Briere Simmonds (looked like that line started to click)
JVR Read Voracek
Wellwood Couturier Talbot

Coburn Grossmann
Timonen Carle
Kubina Lilja/Bourdon

Who knows maybe Meszaros will be close. Long shot but true. JVR will not as rusty in 2nd. We can reply on Giroux line if Briere is still hurt.

Bryzgalov
Bobrovsky

We'll see where Bryzgalov is at. How is that chipped bone doing.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 12:00 AM
  #31
Swiper the Fox
Registered User
 
Swiper the Fox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 349
vCash: 500
win or lose
i wanna see flyers vs penguins
its going to be a barn burner ! ! ! !
and probably the most watched series in first round

Swiper the Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 01:21 AM
  #32
Justified
Moderator
Amaro out
 
Justified's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 33,293
vCash: 230
Id rather play Florida than Pittsburgh, personally I dont care at all about tanking/losing. 101 points is a great year.

Justified is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 02:05 AM
  #33
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 12,799
vCash: 500
Am I the only one who thinks the Rags get bounced in the first round?

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 02:18 AM
  #34
StandingCow
Registered User
 
StandingCow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 3,665
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
Am I the only one who thinks the Rags get bounced in the first round?
That would be hilarious. But I don't think that will happen... they work too hard.

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 08:26 AM
  #35
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
Am I the only one who thinks the Rags get bounced in the first round?
Not hoping for that but NY is 2:1 against Caps one of the loses was when Backstrom was out and 3:1 against Sabres one game went to OT and SO.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 08:45 AM
  #36
chimrichalds18
the key
 
chimrichalds18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,775
vCash: 500
I really like the way the Rangers play, but I'm interested to see if they can have success in the postseason. Post-lockout, they've won two series, including one against the Thrashers, which is funny since their fans act like they've won the Stanley Cup 5 years running.

Sure as hell wouldn't mind someone else bouncing them before we have to play 'em.

chimrichalds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 08:49 AM
  #37
jagrgodr
Registered User
 
jagrgodr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,644
vCash: 500
they have destroyed pittsburgh all season long and you want to play a team they have struggled against? Followed by an almost guarantee to play the rangers in the next round?!?!?! That is silly. Let's take on slitsburgh and destroy crosby & malkin

jagrgodr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 09:07 AM
  #38
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrgodr View Post
they have destroyed pittsburgh all season long and you want to play a team they have struggled against? Followed by an almost guarantee to play the rangers in the next round?!?!?! That is silly. Let's take on slitsburgh and destroy crosby & malkin
Let's take one round at a time. What do you say there pal? One at a time? Is that too much to ask? Let's not guess who are we going to play in 2nd or 3rd rounds. Now that's silly thing to do. Looking pass Pittsburgh.

Destroying Pittsburgh during regular season means very little just like being destroyed 6 times in regular season by NYR.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 09:17 AM
  #39
jagrgodr
Registered User
 
jagrgodr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,644
vCash: 500
I don't know, i have ALWAYS feared the rangers in the playoffs. Even though they haven't had much success, it just seems logical that when you go 0-6 and its not even close you would like to avoid them, especially when you can go against pittsburgh. I agree don't look past the first round, but the burgh is a much better first round opponent than florida or new york

edit: i thought flyers were 2-2 with florida, they are actually 2-1 winning 2, so that is good. Florida scored 3 goals vs flyers 9 goals.

jagrgodr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 09:32 AM
  #40
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrgodr View Post
I don't know, i have ALWAYS feared the rangers in the playoffs. Even though they haven't had much success, it just seems logical that when you go 0-6 and its not even close you would like to avoid them, especially when you can go against pittsburgh. I agree don't look past the first round, but the burgh is a much better first round opponent than florida or new yorkedit: i thought flyers were 2-2 with florida, they are actually 2-1 winning 2, so that is good. Florida scored 3 goals vs flyers 9 goals.
In terms of popularity, rivalry between two franchises and fans truely hated each other, TV ratinigs.. No question about it and no arguments from me. Not saying we cna not beat them.

This is almost like Colorado vs Detroit in 90th.

The only game we lost was stolen by Clemmensen where Florida had 13 SOG. We scored 12 goals in 4 games and allowed 6.


Last edited by Kaktus*: 04-04-2012 at 09:45 AM.
Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 09:33 AM
  #41
The Cheat
Habitual Linestepper
 
The Cheat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Guilford, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 8,676
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Cheat Send a message via MSN to The Cheat
I'd rather win or lose in the 1st against a good team rather than gamble and be blown out in the 2nd or 3rd round.

The Cheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 09:35 AM
  #42
MASE THE ACE
Registered User
 
MASE THE ACE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NJ, USA
Posts: 187
vCash: 500
I rather play penguins for one reason, the intensity and rivalry would be amazing. I could care less how far we make it in the run, well yeah I do but who doesnt love a good pennsy west vs east rivalry

MASE THE ACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 09:46 AM
  #43
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,342
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroglycerin View Post
Let's take one round at a time. What do you say there pal? One at a time? Is that too much to ask? Let's not guess who are we going to play in 2nd or 3rd rounds. Now that's silly thing to do. Looking pass Pittsburgh.

Destroying Pittsburgh during regular season means very little just like being destroyed 6 times in regular season by NYR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroglycerin View Post
In terms of popularity, rivalry between two franchises and fans truely hated each other, TV ratinigs.. No question about it and no arguments from me. Not saying we cna not beat them.

This is almost like Colorado vs Detroit in 90th.

The only game we lost was stolen by Clemmensen where Florida had 13 SOG. We scored 12 goals in 4 games and allowed 6.
In one post you say destroying the Pens means very little. In your next post you point to the fact that we destroyed the Panthers. Which is it? Is regular season a good indicator or not?

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 09:56 AM
  #44
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
In one post you say destroying the Pens means very little. In your next post you point to the fact that we destroyed the Panthers. Which is it? Is regular season a good indicator or not?
It's both dude. Both. It's like comparing apples and oranges. Florida is not even on the map. If I will ask you right now who is the best player on Florida team you will not know without looking it up.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 10:22 AM
  #45
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,342
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroglycerin View Post
It's both dude. Both. It's like comparing apples and oranges. Florida is not even on the map. If I will ask you right now who is the best player on Florida team you will not know without looking it up.
I'd probably say Fleischman or Versteeg is their best player, but that is not really relevant to the conversation. You said regular season means nothing when it comes to the Penguins but it means something when it comes to the Panthers. If you want to say the Panthers are not as good as the Pens, that is fine and I agree. If you want to say we match up against the Panthers better than with the Pens, that is fine and I agree with you there too. But don't say that the regular season means nothing in one post then point to the regular season to bolster your argument in the next one.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 11:14 AM
  #46
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I'd probably say Fleischman or Versteeg is their best player, but that is not really relevant to the conversation. You said regular season means nothing when it comes to the Penguins but it means something when it comes to the Panthers. If you want to say the Panthers are not as good as the Pens, that is fine and I agree. If you want to say we match up against the Panthers better than with the Pens, that is fine and I agree with you there too. But don't say that the regular season means nothing in one post then point to the regular season to bolster your argument in the next one.
This is exactly what I said. What goes for team A does not work for team B.

Florida is lucky to be in playoffs. They won't elevate their game in playoffs as much as Pittsburgh will. They will not put up a fight like Pittsburgh.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 11:46 AM
  #47
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,342
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroglycerin View Post
This is exactly what I said. What goes for team A does not work for team B.

Florida is lucky to be in playoffs. They won't elevate their game in playoffs as much as Pittsburgh will. They will not put up a fight like Pittsburgh.
If anything that logic works better against what you are saying. Pittsburgh is the better team and we beat them up this year so that should show it was the real deal. What you are saying is nonsense. Beating up on a better team during the regular season means nothing, but beating up on an inferior team means something? Come on.

I personally think the regular season means nothing at all on the ice. It may give some kind of mental edge, but after the puck drops in game one, the regular season means dick. Regardless of who they are playing.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 12:09 PM
  #48
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I personally think the regular season means nothing at all on the ice. It may give some kind of mental edge, but after the puck drops in game one, the regular season means dick. Regardless of who they are playing.
Sounds like it does to you. By the way they do have our number in playoffs.

Regular season means dick but ****inig injuries and players playing at 70% mean something. Right?

Also, you do realize that by playing Pens in 1st we could very well go through Boston and NY Rangers. Worse case scenario. Facing Florida in 1st already makes our life easier.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 12:15 PM
  #49
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,342
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroglycerin View Post
Sounds like it does to you. By the way they do have our number in playoffs.
Oh ok. So me saying the regular season doesn't matter means it does.

Quote:
Regular season means dick but ****inig injuries and players playing at 70% mean something. Right?
??? I think you need to go back and read my posts. I agreed with you that Pittsburgh is a better team and Florida is a better matchup. All I have said is that the regular season doesn't mean anything come playoff time. I understand how that is a confusing statement, so I apologize.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 03:43 PM
  #50
RJ8812
Hellooooo ladiiiies
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,820
vCash: 500
I'd rather not go into the playoffs losing 3 straight

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:49 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.