HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Ference vs Neal

Old
04-03-2012, 11:08 PM
AugustBurnsRed*
Invisible Calls

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by N O O D L E S View Post
Neal is not a 40 goal scorer. What you maybe meant was Neal has scored 40 goals this season. Correct? Calling him a 40 goal scorer implies he does this on the regular. Stat check?

Anyway, I could have beaten Ference in a fight too if I pulled his sweater over his face and hit him then. That didn't continue when Ference was able to get his head out of the sweater did it??? And you're right it did take Ference jumping him, because he was willingly talking like a little ***** to Lucic and Chara. If you don't wanna fight don't talk ****. I saw his NHL 36 he likes to chirp. Pretty big mouth coming from someone who won't drop em after. Musta been all those years playing with Avery, Ott, and Ribero...
He called him a 40 goal scorer because he scored 40 goals in this season. Not that hard to figure out.

AugustBurnsRed* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 11:28 PM
PJ StockBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustBurnsRed View Post
He called him a 40 goal scorer because he scored 40 goals in this season. Not that hard to figure out.
he doesn't consider him a 40 goal scorer because he is yet to put up 40 in more than one year....it's called an opinion. even less hard to figure out

PJ StockBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 11:39 PM
PJ StockBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
Should have been an instigator...still made me laugh how the Bruins targeted Neal all night because he had the audacity to actually play Chara tough in the last game...it didn't exactly work to take him off his game and he sure as hell had no reason to fight Lucic.

Neal won the fight, Edwards' takedown comment was laughable (as is everything else he says), but it wasn't exactly a dominating fight by Neal, either. It was a pretty typical almost no punches landed fight from two guys that probably shouldn't drop the gloves too often.

Cool. Fighting is a part of Lucic's game...it isn't part of Neal's game. Neal had nothing to answer for and no reason to fight Lucic (or anyone who doesn't jump him).

ever think maybe neal did something to get under the Bruins skin? and maybe you just don't know what it was? if i'm not mistaken Boychuk challenged neal too, so that's Lucic, Chara, Boychuk and Ference challenging him. Chara doesn't need three guys to go after a player who played him physically. actually you'd be surprised how many teams play Chara physically. neal probably did something more than just play Chara physically

you can't see/know everything that goes on at ice level while watching on TV

PJ StockBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 11:57 PM
DontTazMeBro
LoveYouRyanNash

Ference didn't do to bad being that Neal had a good 2 or 3 inches on him. Was expecting Neal to throw a beat down on him. Guess I was wrong lol. That was a pretty fiesty game. What happened to Turco was so good in Dallas, has been horrible for other teams. :/ Espically in Chocago.

Old username: LoveYouRyanNash
GO HAWKS!
DontTazMeBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 06:35 AM
acor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsABruin View Post
Neal wouldn't go with Lucic but he would with Ference
You know that this comment is, in cat, disrecpetful to Ferrence ?

acor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 07:06 AM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I am not a big fan of Ference so I liked seeing him get prom noogied like that.

Ference gets Neal off the ice though. And that's a good trade-off. And although I don't like Ference the hockey player I can admit that he is a smart player.

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 07:23 AM
SPV
Zoinks!

Neal won the fought, but Ference is the man!! Neal gave Boychuk a slightly questionable hit just before this exchange, and with all the previous exchanges I'm glad that Ference didn't hold up, win, lose, or draw!!!

I could rant all day about the fact that Pittsburgh plays that type of get under your skin game; but everybody has discussed that ad nausem since the Philly-Pittsburgh scrum the other night.

People always call the B's cheap & dirty, and I won't say they don't play on the edge, but they aren't afraid to answer for it when the other team comes knocking. Neal plays on the edge, but shies away from three other players throughout the game before being forced into an altercation by a fourth. And to the crowd of "oh why would Neal fight 'blank'" Don't talk the talk if you are going to walk the walk....

SPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 07:55 AM
BlackNgold 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivek View Post
Because the Pens were on the PP, pretty much standard operation procedure for NHL. As for what he freaking about, I have no clue, Chara and Lucic have been running Neal all game cause Neal banged Chara around last meeting, Bruins hockey and all that.

Don't worry the penalty on letang was laughable.. it all evens out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
Should have been an instigator...still made me laugh how the Bruins targeted Neal all night because he had the audacity to actually play Chara tough in the last game...it didn't exactly work to take him off his game and he sure as hell had no reason to fight Lucic.Neal won the fight, Edwards' takedown comment was laughable (as is everything else he says), but it wasn't exactly a dominating fight by Neal, either. It was a pretty typical almost no punches landed fight from two guys that probably shouldn't drop the gloves too often.

Cool. Fighting is a part of Lucic's game...it isn't part of Neal's game. Neal had nothing to answer for and no reason to fight Lucic (or anyone who doesn't jump him).
Neal pestering chara goes all the way back when he was in dallas.. he'd do some stick work against chara and chara would get in his face, and then he'd skate away. He's been doing it for a couple of years now. I did however think he won the fight and after watching him fight and how big he is he should've went against lucic. But then again I wanted looch to fight engelland last night so i won't be a hypocrite and call him out completely on that.

BlackNgold 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 08:20 AM
SteelFish87*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsABruin View Post
Neal wouldn't go with Lucic but he would with Ference
Neil and Malkin went at Lucic and Chara all night

I did not see Neil back down from Lucic

Isn't that an instigator penalty for Ference?

SteelFish87* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 08:38 AM
Flat Stanley

Why are Bruins fans and others treating this as if Neal had a choice?

I see all these comments saying "he won't fight Lucic though" and questioning the fact that he's a powerforward because he fought someone smaller than him.

Ference dropped his gloves and starting grabbing Neal's jersey and Neal fought back, I don't see what the big deal is.

Was James Neal supposed to do this?

Flat Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 08:42 AM
mel

I give the nod to Neal. Also, why would Neal fight Lucic? He would get his butt handed to him. Do you all get on Chara because every time he fights he fights someone smaller?

mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 09:11 AM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humpty Dumpty View Post
I am not a big fan of Ference so I liked seeing him get prom noogied like that.

Ference gets Neal off the ice though. And that's a good trade-off. And although I don't like Ference the hockey player I can admit that he is a smart player.
Not a good trade off because the fight allowed Pens top PP unit to rest and then score again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel View Post
I give the nod to Neal. Also, why would Neal fight Lucic? He would get his butt handed to him. Do you all get on Chara because every time he fights he fights someone smaller?
Exactly, Neal's not going to fight Lucic just because Lucic doesn't like him chirping. Marchand spends the whole game chirping do Bruins fans expect him to drop the gloves with Asham.

Neal didn't even want to fight Ference but in the end he decided to oblige and beat him comfortably.

wej20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 09:21 AM
BruinsNeedaRussian

vCash: 1340
Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
Exactly, Neal's not going to fight Lucic just because Lucic doesn't like him chirping. Marchand spends the whole game chirping do Bruins fans expect him to drop the gloves with Asham.
Yes.

BruinsNeedaRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 09:25 AM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsNeedaRussian View Post
Yes.
Well good for them but I don't think it's a good strategy long term, Marchand can't even beat Matty Niskanen.

Old
04-04-2012, 09:26 AM
Sony Eriksson*

Neal's last fight that i remember was the one against Brassard where Brassard dislocated his should after one punch. Neal has the fighting skill but would be stupid to go after Lucic.

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 09:39 AM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sony Eriksson View Post
Neal's last fight that i remember was the one against Brassard where Brassard dislocated his should after one punch. Neal has the fighting skill but would be stupid to go after Lucic.
He definitely has some decent fighting skill but he's far too valuable to be fighting more than once a year and definitely shouldn't be fighting guys like Lucic.

Old
04-04-2012, 09:46 AM
19Yzerman19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dampland View Post
OMG ... that announcer is the most biased Homer I've heard!!
Bob and Steigy say HI!

19Yzerman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 10:09 AM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19Yzerman19 View Post
Bob and Steigy say HI!
Steigy and Bobby are homers but they don't come close to the homerism that Edwards can achieve during a fight.

Old
04-04-2012, 10:32 AM
AugustBurnsRed*
Invisible Calls

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ StockBB View Post
he doesn't consider him a 40 goal scorer because he is yet to put up 40 in more than one year....it's called an opinion. even less hard to figure out
No, opinions can be stupid, contrary to popular opinion.

He has proven that he can score 40 goals --> 40 goal scorer.

Anyways, Jack Edwards is a tool.

AugustBurnsRed* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 10:51 AM
IHWR
The Chiropractor

Neal won that fight. He didn't trounce Ference or anything but the fact that Ference started it then got beat made it look worse.

IHWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 10:53 AM
IHWR
The Chiropractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustBurnsRed View Post
I guess Lucic isn't a 30 goal scorer since he only did that once too.

Gotta love logic.

IHWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 11:22 AM
powerstuck
User Registered

Anything involving Penguins should be banned on HF, it always turns into «My dad is stronger than yours».

Anyway, i've got my popcorn ready, waiting for Round 1 Flyers vs Penguins to start. Gonna be fuuuuuuuun.

Also Scott Gomez is a 30 goal scorer.

powerstuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 12:04 PM
Terrapin

So, Ference has now gotten his ass kicked by James Neal and Sidney Crosby. Maybe next game against the Pens he'll try his luck with Steve Sullivan.

And Jack Edwards, maybe it's time to start looking into Alzheimer's living facilities.

Terrapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 12:19 PM
DoctrSteveBrule
BrooksOrpeck

Neal is officially a power forward now right?

so he's now the #1 power forward in the league cuz he has 40 and fights. Thats what matters right?

DoctrSteveBrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 12:32 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Neal wins of course

McSorleyStick is online now   Reply With Quote