HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL part 4: Waiting for July 1...

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-03-2012, 09:01 PM
  #51
joshjull
Moderator
 
joshjull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hamburg,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 32,601
vCash: 500
What an incredible final minutes of regulation in the Panthers/Jets game.

Now on to OT

joshjull is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 09:03 PM
  #52
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 38,196
vCash: 500
Florida was never truly within reach. They have to lose this one and their next 2, and that wasn't likely to happen. I figured they might lose 2, but three would be pushing it.

We want Winnipeg to win just to give Florida something to play for against Washington.

New Sabres Captain is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 09:05 PM
  #53
drinking bleach irl
p trendy tbh
 
drinking bleach irl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Virginia
Country: Ras al-Khaimah
Posts: 10,990
vCash: 300
get pegged florida

drinking bleach irl is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 09:05 PM
  #54
Woodhouse
Global Moderator
 
Woodhouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 7,418
vCash: 666
Good, Jets win. Panthers still need a point for their division vs Caps now.

Woodhouse is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 09:06 PM
  #55
TehDoak
General Zad
 
TehDoak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 17,559
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
Winnipeg Wins!

Florida now has a reason to beat the caps.

The game is now huge for Washington.

Bwahahhahahahahaha.

TehDoak is online now  
Old
04-03-2012, 09:07 PM
  #56
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation
 
Timbo Slice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Rochester
Country: United States
Posts: 15,573
vCash: 500
WINNIPEG WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Yes.

Timbo Slice is online now  
Old
04-03-2012, 09:09 PM
  #57
Sabreality
Registered User
 
Sabreality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,826
vCash: 500
Thanks ThrasherJets

Sabreality is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 09:13 PM
  #58
Afino
The Juice
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Orchard Park, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 20,722
vCash: 500
Still a scenario where Florida can miss the playoffs entirely.

Afino is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 09:13 PM
  #59
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 38,196
vCash: 500
The best part is the Caps have to go all out in regulation if they want a shot at the division.

The Sabres HAVE to beat Philly on Thursday first and foremost.

Then we have the following scenarios:
Florida wins in regulation: We can no longer catch Florida, but 1 point against Boston would clinch (or the Rags beating the Caps in any fashion)
Florida wins in OT: We can no longer catch Florida and now would need 2 points to clinch in Boston (or the Rags beating the Caps in regulation, or we get 1 point and the Rags beat them in any fashion)

Washington wins in OT: The dreaded scenario. We can no longer catch Florida, and we need to get more points against Boston than the Caps get against the Rangers)
Washington wins in regulation: Now we have more scenarios, but still need help. We either get more points against Boston than Washington gets against the Rangers, OR we beat Boston and Florida loses in regulation against Carolina).

Best scenario is IMO Florida wins in regulation. Even though they clinch, then at least we control our own destiny if we beat Philly.

New Sabres Captain is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 09:17 PM
  #60
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES
 
JOHNBOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Denver NC
Country: United States
Posts: 10,145
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
When do Florida and Washington play? Is it tomorrow night or Thursday?

JOHNBOY is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 09:19 PM
  #61
Robert
Foligno family
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,144
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSwords View Post
The best part is the Caps have to go all out in regulation if they want a shot at the division.

The Sabres HAVE to beat Philly on Thursday first and foremost.

Then we have the following scenarios:
Florida wins in regulation: We can no longer catch Florida, but 1 point against Boston would clinch (or the Rags beating the Caps in any fashion)
Florida wins in OT: We can no longer catch Florida and now would need 2 points to clinch in Boston (or the Rags beating the Caps in regulation, or we get 1 point and the Rags beat them in any fashion)

Washington wins in OT: The dreaded scenario. We can no longer catch Florida, and we need to get more points against Boston than the Caps get against the Rangers)
Washington wins in regulation: Now we have more scenarios, but still need help. We either get more points against Boston than Washington gets against the Rangers, OR we beat Boston and Florida loses in regulation against Carolina).

Best scenario is IMO Florida wins in regulation. Even though they clinch, then at least we control our own destiny if we beat Philly.
Yes, this is the call... we have been chasing Washington for a month and they got lucky with TWO shootout wins in their last three games. If we beat Philly and Florida beats Washington in REGULATION we control our destiny...

Robert is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 09:20 PM
  #62
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 38,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBOY View Post
When do Florida and Washington play? Is it tomorrow night or Thursday?

We play @Philly on Thursday.
Cats@Caps on Thursday.

Buffalo@Boston Saturday 4:00
Caps@Rangers Saturday 6:30
Carolina@Florida Saturday 7:30

New Sabres Captain is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 09:22 PM
  #63
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES
 
JOHNBOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Denver NC
Country: United States
Posts: 10,145
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSwords View Post
We play @Philly on Thursday.
Cats@Caps on Thursday.

Buffalo@Boston Saturday 4:00
Caps@Rangers Saturday 6:30
Carolina@Florida Saturday 7:30
Thanks LDS, god I just hope there still very well alive come Saturday..

JOHNBOY is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 09:22 PM
  #64
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 38,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Yes, this is the call... we have been chasing Washington for a month and they got lucky with TWO shootout wins in their last three games. If we beat Philly and Florida beats Washington in REGULATION we control our destiny...
Regulation doesn't matter if we win, we'd still control our destiny. It'd be a matter of needing 1 point or 2.

But we need to beat Philly. A loss to Philly and a Caps win eliminates us. 1 point against Philly and a Caps regulation loss gives us control of our own destiny. Both us and Caps get 1 point and we need to outpoint them on Saturday.

New Sabres Captain is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 09:27 PM
  #65
Robert
Foligno family
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,144
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSwords View Post
Regulation doesn't matter if we win, we'd still control our destiny. It'd be a matter of needing 1 point or 2.

But we need to beat Philly. A loss to Philly and a Caps win eliminates us. 1 point against Philly and a Caps regulation loss gives us control of our own destiny. Both us and Caps get 1 point and we need to outpoint them on Saturday.
Yep, only one point needed to overcome the tie breaker... thanks. But everything is based on beating the Flyers who don't want us in the playoffs! Ever...

The Sabres defense better improve soon..

Robert is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 09:37 PM
  #66
Fire Me
Cleared, BUT NOT OUT
 
Fire Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Old Dominion State
Country: United States
Posts: 5,432
vCash: 500
Gaustad looks so freaking strange in a Nashville uniform.

Fire Me is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 10:20 PM
  #67
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 38,196
vCash: 500
Anaheim-Vancouver game, the color guy says "this is not a period Gragnani would like to look at again"...

And I just smile.

New Sabres Captain is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 10:36 PM
  #68
Robert
Foligno family
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,144
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSwords View Post
Anaheim-Vancouver game, the color guy says "this is not a period Gragnani would like to look at again"...

And I just smile.
Best trade the Sabres have made in recent memory... Vancouver got fleeced..

Robert is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 10:38 PM
  #69
littletonhockeycoach
Registered User
 
littletonhockeycoach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Littleton, Co
Country: United States
Posts: 2,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSwords View Post
Anaheim-Vancouver game, the color guy says "this is not a period Gragnani would like to look at again"...

And I just smile.
Watched Gragnani vs the Avs a couple of nights ago. MAG is everything we all said he was...... and more!

littletonhockeycoach is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 10:39 PM
  #70
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 38,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by littletonhockeycoach View Post
Watched Gragnani vs the Avs a couple of nights ago. MAG is everything we all said he was...... and more!
I still chuckle when our warnings were met with "that's what SJ said about Ehrhoff", despite the fact that Ehrhoff then was still miles ahead of Grags now.

New Sabres Captain is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 11:05 PM
  #71
jBuds
pretty damn valuable
 
jBuds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NYC Suburbs
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 26,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAct View Post
Gaustad looks so freaking strange in a Nashville uniform.
Yayie duz

jBuds is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 11:25 PM
  #72
Flophound
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 53
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Best trade the Sabres have made in recent memory... Vancouver got fleeced..
True that.

Speaking of fleecing:

http://www.coyotescorner.net/viewtop...17TXT3306d3e3e

Flophound is offline  
Old
04-04-2012, 12:25 AM
  #73
jBuds
pretty damn valuable
 
jBuds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NYC Suburbs
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 26,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flophound View Post
Quote of the millennium from that thread:

Quote:
Look what a pair of speedy wings did for langkow... maybe Abid and Taffe can work well on the wing with gratton.
There's a roflcopter on the Internet somewhere. Never felt the need to reference it until that.

jBuds is offline  
Old
04-04-2012, 06:57 AM
  #74
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere
 
BackGroundMusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,558
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
Quote of the millennium from that thread:



There's a roflcopter on the Internet somewhere. Never felt the need to reference it until that.
That just makes me sad for Coyotes fans.

BackGroundMusic is offline  
Old
04-04-2012, 08:50 AM
  #75
Afino
The Juice
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Orchard Park, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 20,722
vCash: 500
NHL should take a key from English soccer and play 15 games all at the same time on the last day. That really bothers me that the Caps will know what they have to do before they play.

Afino is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.