HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Paul MacLean/Ottawa in the playoffs

Old
04-04-2012, 10:18 AM
Shoalzie

vCash: 500
Paul MacLean/Ottawa in the playoffs

Give it up for the 'stache!

Always kind of thought he was under appreciated as one of Babs' assistants. It's kind of amazing seeing the same team that got blitzed by the Wings on opening night is going to the playoffs. I think the East is really weak this year but getting to the postseason is still an accomplishment considering how bad they were under Clouston...5th worst record in the league last year.

How many guys around the league with Red Wings ties do you root for openly? (other than the obvious, Stevie-Y in Tampa)

Shoalzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 10:25 AM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

I sure as hell don't root for Todd Mclellan. I only root for yzerman. It's pretty obvious though that we lost some very talented coaches and it has been noticed.

WingedWheel1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 10:28 AM
Harnessed in Slums

Yes, great job by MacLean so good for him. As I've said for a while now Karlsson is your Norris winner. I definitely root for them and the Bolts. I just can't bring myself to root for the Sharks, so when it comes to California teams the Kings are the only squad I kinda like. I only really hate on the teams we've had rivalries with. Other than that I enjoy most teams - unless we are playing them.

Harnessed in Slums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 10:42 AM
Animus

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 View Post
I sure as hell don't root for Todd Mclellan. I only root for yzerman. It's pretty obvious though that we lost some very talented coaches and it has been noticed.
This and I sure as hell don't root for Hossa/Kopecky/Leino. If anything, I'd like to see guys like Knuble and Lilja do well. Don't ask about Lilja...still feel bad for the guy when he got knocked the F out by Shea Weber

Animus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 10:45 AM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
This and I sure as hell don't root for Hossa/Kopecky/Leino. If anything, I'd like to see guys like Knuble and Lilja do well. Don't ask about Lilja...still feel bad for the guy when he got knocked the F out by Shea Weber
This.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 10:49 AM
Animus

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricoh View Post
Yes, great job by MacLean so good for him. As I've said for a while now Karlsson is your Norris winner. I definitely root for them and the Bolts. I just can't bring myself to root for the Sharks, so when it comes to California teams the Kings are the only squad I kinda like. I only really hate on the teams we've had rivalries with. Other than that I enjoy most teams - unless we are playing them.
Don't know about this. I would go with Weber this year. Ask Mike Green about having the most points as a defensemen in the NHL and then coming in 3rd in voting. I think you're looking at the same situation here. Don't get me wrong, I like Karlsson...I just don't think he is the best defensemen this year.

Animus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 03:13 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
Don't know about this. I would go with Weber this year. Ask Mike Green about having the most points as a defensemen in the NHL and then coming in 3rd in voting. I think you're looking at the same situation here. Don't get me wrong, I like Karlsson...I just don't think he is the best defensemen this year.
Karlsson's defensive woes are greatly exaggerated he has made huge strides in that department. If you have watched him play it is his award this year, he plays other teams top lines and is so much better at even strength compared to years past. Also think Pietrangelo is in front of Weber.

Congrats to the MacLean on a job well done. Wonder if like Tampa this hit a year to early and people will be disappointed next year.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 03:50 PM
Vladimir16

I've always liked Paul MacLean. He's a classy guy. I root for Ottawa (unless we're playing them) because Grand Rapids used to be their AHL (IHL back then) affiliate and loved watching guys like Chris Neil, who had 655 penalty minutes in only 129 games. He was fun to watch and I always wanted him on the Wings' squad.
I also root for Yzerman.

Vladimir16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 04:12 PM
joe89

No doubt we lost a very good assistant coach. No way Ottawa would be where they are right now with Clouston.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote