HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Callup vs Pittsburgh?

Old
04-04-2012, 10:25 AM
Vitto79

vCash: 500
I imaigne Wellman is the next to get a shot......If Rupp is out they just dress Scott in his place though. Remember that guy we wasted the 5th round pick on?

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 10:25 AM
Killem Dafoe
k.

vCash: 50
it should be Wellman

it will be Scott

and i'm willing to bet he won't even fight

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 10:28 AM
Killem Dafoe
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayQueensNY88 View Post
Word,just call up the Whale,lol
they should just have the HFers (us) play a game. we all sakte out there like "hell yeah" then someone makes a thread about us on main boards calling us soft and overrated.

Old
04-04-2012, 10:32 AM
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
they should just have the HFers (us) play a game. we all sakte out there like "hell yeah" then someone makes a thread about us on main boards calling us soft and overrated.
LMAO,i think your a genius...dude,ill play for free,or even just one NHL players paycheck,what they get per game.. Then im straight bro.

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 10:37 AM
Killem Dafoe
k.

Quote:
LMAO,i think your a genius...dude,ill play for free,or even just one NHL players paycheck,what they get per game.. Then im straight bro.
i'll play for some autographed anythings.

lol well all pick a position and do this. hahah oh man i actually got a little excited there

Old
04-04-2012, 10:40 AM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

This team is going for 1st overall and Vancouver won a game they shouldn't have last night. No one is going to be sitting.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 10:42 AM
Killem Dafoe
k.

actually i would play for a romantic candlelit dinner with Lundqvist.

i'm not a girl nor do i like guys but i've always wanted to sit in a fancy restaurant across from Hank, with my legs crossed, holding a glass of merlot and laughing about inside jokes together while everyone looks on because they are all on the outside.

Old
04-04-2012, 10:51 AM
segmentation fault

Quote:
actually i would play for a romantic candlelit dinner with Lundqvist.

i'm not a girl nor do i like guys but i've always wanted to sit in a fancy restaurant across from Hank, with my legs crossed, holding a glass of merlot and laughing about inside jokes together while everyone looks on because they are all on the outside.

segmentation fault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 10:55 AM
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
i'll play for some autographed anythings.

lol well all pick a position and do this. hahah oh man i actually got a little excited there
Funny you mention autos...i just mailed in 9-8x10's and 3-5x7's of 5 different players( Henke,Prust,McDonagh,Cally and AA)...4 total packages to 2 diff MSG locations,thats what the MSG rep suggested i do,incase one dont get through from either spot... Ofcourse including a letter asking for it to be signed to me that these pics are not for sale but my collection...Lets see how it goes.

Old
04-04-2012, 10:55 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

play woywitka too, rest one of our D.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 11:02 AM
Killem Dafoe
k.

Quote:
Funny you mention autos...i just mailed in 9-8x10's and 3-5x7's of 5 different players( Henke,Prust,McDonagh,Cally and AA)...4 total packages to 2 diff MSG locations,thats what the MSG rep suggested i do,incase one dont get through from either spot... Ofcourse including a letter asking for it to be signed to me that these pics are not for sale but my collection...Lets see how it goes.
oh dude for sure lemme know how that goes. i hope it works out man i'll be pretty jelly.

Old
04-04-2012, 11:44 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
it should be Wellman

it will be Scott

and i'm willing to bet he won't even fight
And I'd be willing to bet that Wellman probably wouldn't score. Actually I think there's a better chance that Scott gets in a fight than Wellman puts a puck in the net--because I think the Pens in their own barn are going to want to take down the eastern conference winner a peg or two and they've got legit fighters, they've got big hitters and they've got dirty players. Wellman is useless against any of that.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 11:44 AM
Killem Dafoe
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by segmentation fault View Post
except i have a rather large beard in the fashion of the late Ryan Dunn but the monocle will take the attention off of it

Old
04-04-2012, 11:47 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
play woywitka too, rest one of our D.
I agree. And Eminger if he can go. Some game action for them before the playoffs might be beneficial later on if we get hit by injuries.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 12:00 PM
nyrfan519

With only two games left I would honestly play everyone but maybe just distribute the minutes more evenly (no need for Girardi and McD to be playing 25 mins).

nyrfan519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 12:44 PM
Killem Dafoe
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
And I'd be willing to bet that Wellman probably wouldn't score. Actually I think there's a better chance that Scott gets in a fight than Wellman puts a puck in the net--because I think the Pens in their own barn are going to want to take down the eastern conference winner a peg or two and they've got legit fighters, they've got big hitters and they've got dirty players. Wellman is useless against any of that.
well not so much that he would score goals more than scott would fight, but just to see what the kid has at this point in the season while we already clinched home ice. he'll play his little tookus off and maybe it'll be a good thing.

you bring up a good point however, it is Pittsburg so they'll goon it up and probably take a **** load of cheap shots so having Scott around could be fun.

edit: either way we'll win

Old
04-04-2012, 01:19 PM
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
oh dude for sure lemme know how that goes. i hope it works out man i'll be pretty jelly.
I hope so as well and will do.....Thnx bro.

Old
04-04-2012, 01:30 PM
bernmeister

Didn't catch whole game, thanks OP for the insight.

We're good enough with Bickel and Scott, and while Deveaux is not a wimp, I'd WOULD HAVE liked to give McNaught the 2 games. He's definitely a big guy who doesn't back down. I predict in the end McNaught will ultimately show more than Deveaux in terms of more likely to be a complete player and stick with the team.

Unfortunately, since Avery is *^&$#@# and Sather did not trade his sorry ass to SJ (assuming that report was true) then we don't have an extra contract, even if we could then call him up.

bernmeister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 02:13 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Don't understand this obsession with the Presidents' Trophy, in the 25 seasons it's been awarded only 7 teams have gone on to win the Cup...3 others lost in the SC Finals.

IMO if someone is healthy play them, if they aren't let them sit a game...but I think Torts needs to make sure minutes are more balanced, especially for our D these last 2 games.

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 02:26 PM
SA16
Two by two...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRangerfan View Post
Don't understand this obsession with the Presidents' Trophy, in the 25 seasons it's been awarded only 7 teams have gone on to win the Cup...3 others lost in the SC Finals.

IMO if someone is healthy play them, if they aren't let them sit a game...but I think Torts needs to make sure minutes are more balanced, especially for our D these last 2 games.
So 16 teams in the playoffs, just assuming all are equal, a random team has a 6.3% chance to win the cup. The team that's won the presidents trophy has won 28% of the time in the past 25 years (not a huge sample). Gotcha, I see how it's meaningless.

SA16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 02:46 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

I'm sure Torts will want to win the next two games no matter what. I think resting players is good but flat out sitting Girardi, et al? Ain't gonna happen. Try to get them ~20 minutes so they don't kill themselves. The #1 most important thing in the next two games is to STAY HEALTHY and make sure our game stays at the level it is at so we don't slip or have to make any adjustments or corrections come playoff time. We can rest when we sweep the Caps If we can nail down the Presidents, even more gravy

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 06:13 PM
mcsauer2738

Hypothetically, if Rupp is out for an extended period of time who would you like to see in the line-up for the playoffs, Devaux, Scott, or Newbury (assuming Kreider doesn't sign)

mcsauer2738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 06:29 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prucha View Post
So 16 teams in the playoffs, just assuming all are equal, a random team has a 6.3% chance to win the cup. The team that's won the presidents trophy has won 28% of the time in the past 25 years (not a huge sample). Gotcha, I see how it's meaningless.
We know all teams aren't equal, look at the last 2 NYR playoff teams...The Presidents trophy doesn't guarantee anything. And as we've seen with the past NYR teams I referenced above going balls to the wall to make the playoffs or in this case a meaningless trophy doesn't help you in the playoffs...if a couple of our guys who are hurting can get an extra days rest that makes more sense...as I stated in my original post I'm not one for resting guys just to rest them.

Ask the Canucks what trophy they would rather have won last season.

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 06:34 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Prez Trophy doesn't guarantee anything.

But when a bunch of the top western conf. teams have abysmal home/road splits, you're damn right I want a game 7 at MSG.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 07:57 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Prez Trophy doesn't guarantee anything.

But when a bunch of the top western conf. teams have abysmal home/road splits, you're damn right I want a game 7 at MSG.
i just tend to think those teams that can't win on the road, will be eliminated earlier than later. just my opinion.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote