HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL part 4: season's starting, so let's mock everyone else

Closed Thread

Old
04-03-2012, 10:45 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

vCash: 500
So an interesting conundrum when it comes to being a Canes fan:

If Buffalo wins out and Florida loses out, Buffalo gets the 8th spot, Washington the possible division and Florida out of the playoffs. In order for this to happen, the Canes would beat the Panthers, in Florida, on the last game of the season, to keep them out of the playoffs (ie: 2008's situation reversed). However, that would mean we'd be giving Buffalo a playoff spot by way of beating Florida.

So which is more important? An ironic revenge for 2008's playoff denial or keeping Buffalo out of the playoffs?

Old
04-03-2012, 10:49 PM
Quacktastic
Whoopsie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post

If Buffalo wins out and Florida loses out, Buffalo gets the 8th spot, Washington the possible division and Florida out of the playoffs. In order for this to happen, the Canes would beat the Panthers, in Florida, on the last game of the season, to keep them out of the playoffs (ie: 2008's situation reversed). However, that would mean we'd be giving Buffalo a playoff spot by way of beating Florida.

So which is more important? An ironic revenge for 2008's playoff denial or keeping Buffalo out of the playoffs?
I'd rather keep Buffalo out. Florida's fans have been waiting a long time and haven't really done anything worse than complain about diving. I feel a little bad for them.

Buffalo fans on the other hand, have gotten on our last nerve in just about every way imaginable. I'd love to bathe in their tears, although I'd be worried I might end up with Hep C or something similar.

Old
04-03-2012, 10:54 PM
Lazyking
Never Forget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post

I'd always take eliminating a division rival... also if it happens, makes me feel like we mattered the last game of the season....

Old
04-03-2012, 11:20 PM
LadyCane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacktastic View Post
I'd rather keep Buffalo out. Florida's fans have been waiting a long time and haven't really done anything worse than complain about diving. I feel a little bad for them.

Buffalo fans on the other hand, have gotten on our last nerve in just about every way imaginable. I'd love to bathe in their tears, although I'd be worried I might end up with Hep C or something similar.
Me too. Florida fans have annoyed me on several occasions, but they've been waiting forever and they've been the butt of more jokes than us even. And they don't have that sense of entitlement you see with some fanbases. Go, Florida, go.

Old
04-03-2012, 11:40 PM
drinking bleach irl
p trendy tbh

vCash: 300
Hey, if you want to troll us Sabres fans just visibly root for them and wait to get blamed when they lose .

Old
04-03-2012, 11:56 PM
Sad King Jimmy
Look up, Hannah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal System Ehrhoff View Post
Hey, if you want to troll us Sabres fans just visibly root for them and wait to get blamed when they lose .
This fanbase does not troll.

Old
04-04-2012, 06:59 AM
halleJOKEL
strong as brickwall

Down with Florida. It will be funny, and Buffalo will lose in the first round anyway.

Old
04-04-2012, 08:57 AM
Anton Dubinchuk
Danny Markov

vCash: 4205
Mike Smith is so legit.

Old
04-04-2012, 08:59 AM
totalkev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Callahan View Post
Down with Florida. It will be funny, and Buffalo will lose in the first round anyway.
I hate Buffalo far more than any team/city/fans in the league, so I want maximum pain for them. That may seem like choking down the stretch and missing the playoffs. But missing the playoffs isn't maximum pain. That only comes when you increase expectations, only to have them crash to the ground in an instant. Whatever would cause this, I will pull for.

I think in this context, that would mean making the playoffs, then getting bounced quickly.

Old
04-04-2012, 09:50 AM
Gotta Catch Em Staal
All Aboard

Quote:
I hate Buffalo the most, but I think I may still be leaning toward this scenario for the lulz factor.

04-04-2012, 09:58 AM
Head Goose
Doing Less Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Cooper View Post
I hate Buffalo the most, but I think I may still be leaning toward this scenario for the lulz factor.
It certainly makes trolling my Sabres-fan buddy more fun if it goes down this way.

Old
04-04-2012, 10:08 AM
PaulProteus
****ing amaxing dman

Quote:
Yes. Max pain and max lulz with this scenario.

I just can't seem to get visions of faux golf swings out of my mind with FLA.

Old
04-04-2012, 10:36 AM
Carolinas Identity
This is ARRGH State!

Guys, ya'll forgetting that the best way to Troll Buffalo, would be for Washington to win the division, have the Sabres win out, then throw the game vs Florida. a la the Satan vs Jesus boxing match from South Park

Old
04-04-2012, 10:50 AM
caniac247

If we can't make the playoffs, then the next best thing is being spoiler. Plus, there's still that payback we owe Florida. Although, Capitals have to take care of business and win both their remaining games. All Florida needs is 1 point. So if Capitals can take their game in regulation on Thursday and win their final game, then if we beat them, I believe Caps owe the tie breaker, so they'll take over the division lead.

I'd still like to finally get 2 SE teams in the playoffs, so knocking Florida from 3rd to 8th and keeping Buffalo out will be the way to go.

Old
04-04-2012, 10:55 AM
Carolinas Identity
This is ARRGH State!

The Devils are gonna intentionally NOT pass Philly for 5th, coz winning the lottery in the East is finishing 6th, coz you're guaranteed to win your first series, since all 5 teams in the South Least are soft and have no playoff experience.

media up here told me so, so it must be true

Old
04-04-2012, 11:54 AM
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi Trollinen View Post
The Devils are gonna intentionally NOT pass Philly for 5th, coz winning the lottery in the East is finishing 6th, coz you're guaranteed to win your first series, since all 5 teams in the South Least are soft and have no playoff experience.

media up here told me so, so it must be true
Did people spew this kind of garbage back in '06?

Old
04-04-2012, 12:35 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Price is out the rest of the year with a concussion, sustained during practice.

Tanking to the extreme.

Old
04-04-2012, 12:59 PM
Anton Bubdobin
I hates summer

Buffalo out. Forever and ever. Amen.

Old
04-04-2012, 01:43 PM
Carolinas Identity
This is ARRGH State!

Kinda off topic, but I had a guy from Chattanooga, TN come into my bar last nite and we got talking stickpuck. Apparently, the Predators first round matchup (who it's against//who it might be against//etc etc) is getting more media coverage than who the Titan's will draft in the 1st round. Pretty sweet tbh.

Old
04-04-2012, 02:27 PM
WWAD

Trolling Buffalo is always fun. And them missing the playoffs would be exceptionally funny this year due to all those threads on the main board about how great they would be with the new owner.

But I can't get those golf swings out of my head. Although it is not a likely scenario, I think I'm on the troll Florida side now. Knocking them out on the last game of the year would be a dish of revenge served especially cold.

Old
04-04-2012, 02:32 PM
Head Goose
Doing Less Better

So...if we are beating Florida on the last day of the season and it plays out that Washington and Buffalo win their two games each to make the playoffs....

We need to make golf swing motions at the Panthers near the end of the game, as the Canes/Kitties game is later than both the final games for the Capitals and Sabres.

Old
04-04-2012, 02:42 PM
Caniac4ever

vCash: 1436
Quote:
Originally Posted by PublicEnemy View Post
So...if we are beating Florida on the last day of the season and it plays out that Washington and Buffalo win their two games each to make the playoffs....

We need to make golf swing motions at the Panthers near the end of the game, as the Canes/Kitties game is later than both the final games for the Capitals and Sabres.
The game is in Florida where the fans will be dressed in scuba gear and waving dive flags.

Old
04-04-2012, 02:49 PM
Head Goose
Doing Less Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caniac4ever View Post
The game is in Florida where the fans will be dressed in scuba gear and waving dive flags.
I was referring to the team, not the fans.

However, if some of you (I can't) want to make a road trip down there to join the team in practicing your golf form, please feel free.

Old
04-04-2012, 04:32 PM
Chicago Made Punk
You're Gonna Go Far

vCash: 446
Strong chance Stamkos hits 60 tonight with Price out.

Old
04-04-2012, 08:01 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Erik Cole one goal away from 35.

Closed Thread