HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kreider Discussion Part II (4/9 - Signing Imminent)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-04-2012, 01:44 PM
  #276
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/slapsh...XULPo1V7CeW8oO

Brooks checked with the Rangers and Bill Daly. Multiple sources.
Why does Brooks mention a "mandatory 2 year entry level deal"... It's not 3 years?

wolfgaze is offline  
Old
04-04-2012, 01:49 PM
  #277
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Why does Brooks mention a "mandatory 2 year entry level deal"... It's not 3 years?
I think he's just messed it up a bit.

Players 18-21 years old have to sign a 3 year entry level deal.

22-23 year olds sign 2 year deals, 24 and you can sign a one year entry level deal

Kreider is 20, will turn 21 at the end of this month. He still falls under the 3 year rule.

Brooks made a mistake

e: I literally got that out of the CBA document


Last edited by Levitate: 04-04-2012 at 01:54 PM.
Levitate is offline  
Old
04-04-2012, 02:03 PM
  #278
surf
Wheres the Reggae?
 
surf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: sea bright nj
Country: United States
Posts: 1,427
vCash: 500
What are the chances CK doesnt want to play for us,and becomes a FA? Nobodys talking about this but it wouldnt suprise me.

surf is offline  
Old
04-04-2012, 02:04 PM
  #279
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
I think he's just messed it up a bit.

Players 18-21 years old have to sign a 3 year entry level deal.

22-23 year olds sign 2 year deals, 24 and you can sign a one year entry level deal

Kreider is 20, will turn 21 at the end of this month. He still falls under the 3 year rule.

Brooks made a mistake

e: I literally got that out of the CBA document
That's what I thought as well... That he was still young enough that he would qualify for a 3 year deal... Thanks for confirming.

wolfgaze is offline  
Old
04-04-2012, 02:05 PM
  #280
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,919
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post
What are the chances CK doesnt want to play for us,and becomes a FA? Nobodys talking about this but it wouldnt suprise me.
Its certainly more of a possibility than when people were freaking out about it with McDonagh and Hagelin.

Its been a nagging concern of mine, but I think at the end of the day the kid knows it is in the best interests for his career to suck it up and sign his ELC with us. What happens beyond that? Who knows.

__________________
"I have something better than proof: I have anecdotal evidence."
Fitzy is offline  
Old
04-04-2012, 02:13 PM
  #281
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post
What are the chances CK doesnt want to play for us,and becomes a FA? Nobodys talking about this but it wouldnt suprise me.
Hmm..... Make a list of the pros and cons of signing with the Rangers....

Pros:

-top team in the NHL, cup contender
-first class organization with deep pockets when it comes to signing players
-original 6 franchise with storied history and strong fan base
-former teammate & friend already on the team to help transition (Derek Stepan)
-hockey location only a couple hours from his hometown which would make for an easy commute (by car) back home to visit his friends and family and vice versa for them to visit him


Cons:

?


wolfgaze is offline  
Old
04-04-2012, 02:18 PM
  #282
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,856
vCash: 500
Brooks didn't make a mistake. Take away the first year of the ELC which would count this season. Two years are left. This is not that complicated. Its essentially a 2 year contract. Kreider becomes arb eligible 1 year earlier in 2014 instead of 2015. Kreider would be subject to the new CBA if doesn't sign with the Rangers.


Last edited by Fitzy: 04-04-2012 at 03:00 PM.
RangerBoy is offline  
Old
04-04-2012, 02:21 PM
  #283
M0rbid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Cave
Country: United States
Posts: 7,745
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post
What are the chances CK doesnt want to play for us,and becomes a FA? Nobodys talking about this but it wouldnt suprise me.
It wouldn't surprise me if becomes a FA and signs with the Bruins. Something about this kid, that raises a red flag but I could be wrong.

M0rbid is offline  
Old
04-04-2012, 02:25 PM
  #284
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo
 
BroadwayBlues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 7,902
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post
What are the chances CK doesnt want to play for us,and becomes a FA? Nobodys talking about this but it wouldnt suprise me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Its certainly more of a possibility than when people were freaking out about it with McDonagh and Hagelin.

Its been a nagging concern of mine, but I think at the end of the day the kid knows it is in the best interests for his career to suck it up and sign his ELC with us. What happens beyond that? Who knows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M0rbid View Post
It wouldn't surprise me if becomes a FA and signs with the Bruins. Something about this kid, that raises a red flag but I could be wrong.

Paranoid much??

BroadwayBlues is offline  
Old
04-04-2012, 02:27 PM
  #285
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Brooks didn't make a mistake. Take away the first year of the ELC which would count this season. Two years are left. This is not that complicated. Its essentially a 2 year contract. Kreider becomes arb eligible 1 year earlier in 2014 instead of 2015. Kreider would be subject to the new CBA if doesn't sign with the Rangers.

Why was the previous post deleted?
No, this is what Brooks said

Quote:
Kreider, who turns 21 on April 30, would burn the first year of his mandatory two-year entry level contract merely by signing while the Rangers remain alive in the playoffs regardless of whether he plays a game.

Levitate is offline  
Old
04-04-2012, 02:28 PM
  #286
GAGLine
Registered User
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Its certainly more of a possibility than when people were freaking out about it with McDonagh and Hagelin.

Its been a nagging concern of mine, but I think at the end of the day the kid knows it is in the best interests for his career to suck it up and sign his ELC with us. What happens beyond that? Who knows.
How is it more of a possibility? If he wants to become UFA and sign somewhere else, he'll have to wait until August 15th, 2013, and then sign a 2 year ELC. Or, he can sign a 3 year deal now, burn a year off his ELC, and get more money (an extra 90k signing bonus). Either way he gets to RFA the same time. That is, unless they change the rules in the CBA.

Kreider has done nothing to indicate that he has any intention other than to sign with us. People put far too much importance on what team a kid rooted for growing up.

GAGLine is offline  
Old
04-04-2012, 02:29 PM
  #287
MortUWary
Registered Loser
 
MortUWary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 1,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by M0rbid View Post
It wouldn't surprise me if becomes a FA and signs with the Bruins. Something about this kid, that raises a red flag but I could be wrong.
Not trying to be sarcastic, but what are you basing that on? From everything I've read, the kid has said all of the "right" things. Yes, he's from Mass. and grew up a Bruins fan and stayed local to go to BC, in spite of what may have been "better" for his development (i.e. CHL or turning pro last year), but there haven't been any concrete comments or statements that give creedence to a red flag. I think the kid has a good head on his shoulders and has done everything right to this point.

With that being said, SIGN CK AS SOON AS BC WINS ANOTHER TITLE THIS WEEKEND!

MortUWary is offline  
Old
04-04-2012, 03:01 PM
  #288
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,001
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by M0rbid View Post
It wouldn't surprise me if becomes a FA and signs with the Bruins. Something about this kid, that raises a red flag but I could be wrong.
Your not alone in your concern. I had it myself at one point, but every thing points to him being a Ranger as opposed to not signing.

Look at Boyler. As much of a bean head as a guy from Boston can be...and yet he absolutely loves being a New York Ranger...and a New Yorker at this point.

I mean who wouldn't really? Best place in the world for a young successful athlete.

Pizza is offline  
Old
04-04-2012, 03:06 PM
  #289
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 3,794
vCash: 50
At the end of the day it's a business, and if you're a professional you give it 100% to whoever signs your paycheck

GordonGecko is offline  
Old
04-04-2012, 03:07 PM
  #290
we want cup
We do not Sow
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Minneapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 10,654
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
Paranoid much??
Seriously. Nothing Kreider has said or done has given any indication that he won't sign with us when the time comes. I mean, it's certainly a possibility to be aware of, but I really haven't seen anything from the kid that indicates it.

He knows Stepan from Team USA, he met a bunch of Rangers players last summer, and he just saw the team clinch first place in the conference. No reason to think he wouldn't want to be a part of this organization.

__________________

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline  
Old
04-04-2012, 03:08 PM
  #291
ColonialsHockey10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Its certainly more of a possibility than when people were freaking out about it with McDonagh and Hagelin.

Its been a nagging concern of mine, but I think at the end of the day the kid knows it is in the best interests for his career to suck it up and sign his ELC with us. What happens beyond that? Who knows.
I don't think so...

What has he ever done to hint he has no interest in the Rangers? That twitter situation was blown incredibly out of proportion. He also skated with the team before Training Camp to show his commitment.

I think he has a very professional mentality and wants to stay focused on his college hockey until the season's finished. Hence why he does not mention the Rangers.

Sather even went through the time to speak on the phone during one of Kreider's games. I highly doubt he would go to such lengths if there were suspicions that Kreider wouldn't sign.

The Justin Schultz dilemma has everyone a little nervous is all.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline  
Old
04-04-2012, 03:14 PM
  #292
Zil
Registered User
 
Zil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 3,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
How is it more of a possibility? If he wants to become UFA and sign somewhere else, he'll have to wait until August 15th, 2013, and then sign a 2 year ELC. Or, he can sign a 3 year deal now, burn a year off his ELC, and get more money (an extra 90k signing bonus). Either way he gets to RFA the same time. That is, unless they change the rules in the CBA.

Kreider has done nothing to indicate that he has any intention other than to sign with us. People put far too much importance on what team a kid rooted for growing up.
The thing I love about it is that people give special credence to it because he's from New England. It's really easy to tell who the Yankee fans are on this forum because they're all extra paranoid about anything remotely Boston related. This stuff doesn't come up with any of our Canadian draft picks, who probably weren't Rangers fans growing up. JT Miller was a freaking Penguins fan growing up and yet he signed a contract with us. The only reason Kreider isn't already signed is that he chose the NCAA route.

Also, have any of you paranoid nuts noticed that the last two guys we picked who grew up Ranger fans were Sanguinetti and he who shall not be named? Are you still concerned with drafting non-Ranger fans?

Zil is online now  
Old
04-04-2012, 03:20 PM
  #293
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,621
vCash: 500
Well, Kreider is a Bruins fan playing in the city of Boston...

But all he has ever said is that he's preparing for his NHL career with the Rangers and everything he's done has shown his commitment to the team that drafted him.

Levitate is offline  
Old
04-04-2012, 03:28 PM
  #294
surf
Wheres the Reggae?
 
surf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: sea bright nj
Country: United States
Posts: 1,427
vCash: 500
Paranoid nuts? For raising a question nobody really has brought up? I'm also a Mets fan genius.





Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
The thing I love about it is that people give special credence to it because he's from New England. It's really easy to tell who the Yankee fans are on this forum because they're all extra paranoid about anything remotely Boston related. This stuff doesn't come up with any of our Canadian draft picks, who probably weren't Rangers fans growing up. JT Miller was a freaking Penguins fan growing up and yet he signed a contract with us. The only reason Kreider isn't already signed is that he chose the NCAA route.

Also, have any of you paranoid nuts noticed that the last two guys we picked who grew up Ranger fans were Sanguinetti and he who shall not be named? Are you still concerned with drafting non-Ranger fans?

surf is offline  
Old
04-04-2012, 03:30 PM
  #295
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post
Paranoid nuts? For raising a question nobody really has brought up? I'm also a Mets fan genius.
People have been bringing this up since at least last summer when the Bruins won the Cup.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
04-04-2012, 03:36 PM
  #296
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
People have been bringing this up since at least last summer when the Bruins won the Cup.
I think a lot of fans were expecting him to sign after his sophomore season since the Rangers expressed interest in signing him, and when he didn't sign, some of those fans took it as a "snub" and decided to infer that he wasn't serious about signing with the Rangers or playing for this organization. I absolutely do not believe that type of thinking is warranted. I'm glad he played his Junior year in the NCAA... He's a stronger player today than he was a year ago and he'll be better prepared for the rigors of the NHL level of competition.

wolfgaze is offline  
Old
04-04-2012, 03:47 PM
  #297
Zil
Registered User
 
Zil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 3,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by surf
Paranoid nuts? For raising a question nobody really has brought up? I'm also a Mets fan genius.
If you think Kreider is going to wait an extra year to start his NHL career and risk the possibility of stricter ELC rules in the new CBA just so he can become a free agent and sign with Boston, then you are in fact a paranoid nut. There's no reason for these suspicions. The vast majority of the guys we draft aren't Rangers fans. None of them have refused to sign with us so they could later join a different NHL team. If he were planning to hold out, then we wouldn't have spent his own money to come skate with the team in the offseason. Horror of horrors, the kid's from Massachusetts and goes to BC just like that noted malcontent Brian Leetch.

Zil is online now  
Old
04-04-2012, 03:52 PM
  #298
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist
 
Riche16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
At the end of the day it's a business, and if you're a professional you give it 100% to whoever signs your paycheck
Not that I disagree with you, but to play a little devil's advocate...

Tell that to Tim Erixon. I know his circumstance was influenced by playing time as well but you can't think his Father's history with the NYR didn't have an impact.

I dunno. Just sayin'

To be perfectly clear, I do not believe that Kreider will do the same.

Riche16 is offline  
Old
04-04-2012, 04:01 PM
  #299
surf
Wheres the Reggae?
 
surf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: sea bright nj
Country: United States
Posts: 1,427
vCash: 500
I could be wrong,but I think Leetch was from Corpus Christie TX?




Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
If you think Kreider is going to wait an extra year to start his NHL career and risk the possibility of stricter ELC rules in the new CBA just so he can become a free agent and sign with Boston, then you are in fact a paranoid nut. There's no reason for these suspicions. The vast majority of the guys we draft aren't Rangers fans. None of them have refused to sign with us so they could later join a different NHL team. If he were planning to hold out, then we wouldn't have spent his own money to come skate with the team in the offseason. Horror of horrors, the kid's from Massachusetts and goes to BC just like that noted malcontent Brian Leetch.

surf is offline  
Old
04-04-2012, 04:02 PM
  #300
Ruotsalainen29
Zhoo-Zhitsu!
 
Ruotsalainen29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post
I could be wrong,but I think Leetch was from Corpus Christie TX?
Born in Texas, raised in Cheshire, CT.

Ruotsalainen29 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:45 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.