HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kreider Discussion Part II (4/9 - Signing Imminent)

Closed Thread

Old
04-04-2012, 01:44 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/slapsh...XULPo1V7CeW8oO

Brooks checked with the Rangers and Bill Daly. Multiple sources.
Why does Brooks mention a "mandatory 2 year entry level deal"... It's not 3 years?

Old
04-04-2012, 01:49 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Why does Brooks mention a "mandatory 2 year entry level deal"... It's not 3 years?
I think he's just messed it up a bit.

Players 18-21 years old have to sign a 3 year entry level deal.

22-23 year olds sign 2 year deals, 24 and you can sign a one year entry level deal

Kreider is 20, will turn 21 at the end of this month. He still falls under the 3 year rule.

Brooks made a mistake

e: I literally got that out of the CBA document

Last edited by Levitate: 04-04-2012 at 01:54 PM.
Old
04-04-2012, 02:03 PM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

What are the chances CK doesnt want to play for us,and becomes a FA? Nobodys talking about this but it wouldnt suprise me.

Old
04-04-2012, 02:04 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
I think he's just messed it up a bit.

Players 18-21 years old have to sign a 3 year entry level deal.

22-23 year olds sign 2 year deals, 24 and you can sign a one year entry level deal

Kreider is 20, will turn 21 at the end of this month. He still falls under the 3 year rule.

Brooks made a mistake

e: I literally got that out of the CBA document
That's what I thought as well... That he was still young enough that he would qualify for a 3 year deal... Thanks for confirming.

Old
04-04-2012, 02:05 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post
What are the chances CK doesnt want to play for us,and becomes a FA? Nobodys talking about this but it wouldnt suprise me.
Its certainly more of a possibility than when people were freaking out about it with McDonagh and Hagelin.

Its been a nagging concern of mine, but I think at the end of the day the kid knows it is in the best interests for his career to suck it up and sign his ELC with us. What happens beyond that? Who knows.

04-04-2012, 02:13 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Hmm..... Make a list of the pros and cons of signing with the Rangers....

Pros:

-top team in the NHL, cup contender
-first class organization with deep pockets when it comes to signing players
-original 6 franchise with storied history and strong fan base
-former teammate & friend already on the team to help transition (Derek Stepan)
-hockey location only a couple hours from his hometown which would make for an easy commute (by car) back home to visit his friends and family and vice versa for them to visit him

Cons:

?

Old
04-04-2012, 02:18 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Brooks didn't make a mistake. Take away the first year of the ELC which would count this season. Two years are left. This is not that complicated. Its essentially a 2 year contract. Kreider becomes arb eligible 1 year earlier in 2014 instead of 2015. Kreider would be subject to the new CBA if doesn't sign with the Rangers.

Last edited by Fitzy: 04-04-2012 at 03:00 PM.
Old
04-04-2012, 02:21 PM
M0rbid

Quote:
It wouldn't surprise me if becomes a FA and signs with the Bruins. Something about this kid, that raises a red flag but I could be wrong.

Old
04-04-2012, 02:25 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Its certainly more of a possibility than when people were freaking out about it with McDonagh and Hagelin.

Its been a nagging concern of mine, but I think at the end of the day the kid knows it is in the best interests for his career to suck it up and sign his ELC with us. What happens beyond that? Who knows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M0rbid View Post
It wouldn't surprise me if becomes a FA and signs with the Bruins. Something about this kid, that raises a red flag but I could be wrong.

Paranoid much??

Old
04-04-2012, 02:27 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Brooks didn't make a mistake. Take away the first year of the ELC which would count this season. Two years are left. This is not that complicated. Its essentially a 2 year contract. Kreider becomes arb eligible 1 year earlier in 2014 instead of 2015. Kreider would be subject to the new CBA if doesn't sign with the Rangers.

Why was the previous post deleted?
No, this is what Brooks said

Quote:
Kreider, who turns 21 on April 30, would burn the first year of his mandatory two-year entry level contract merely by signing while the Rangers remain alive in the playoffs regardless of whether he plays a game.

Old
04-04-2012, 02:28 PM
GAGLine

Quote:

How is it more of a possibility? If he wants to become UFA and sign somewhere else, he'll have to wait until August 15th, 2013, and then sign a 2 year ELC. Or, he can sign a 3 year deal now, burn a year off his ELC, and get more money (an extra 90k signing bonus). Either way he gets to RFA the same time. That is, unless they change the rules in the CBA.

Kreider has done nothing to indicate that he has any intention other than to sign with us. People put far too much importance on what team a kid rooted for growing up.

Old
04-04-2012, 02:29 PM
MortUWary
Registered Loser

Quote:
Not trying to be sarcastic, but what are you basing that on? From everything I've read, the kid has said all of the "right" things. Yes, he's from Mass. and grew up a Bruins fan and stayed local to go to BC, in spite of what may have been "better" for his development (i.e. CHL or turning pro last year), but there haven't been any concrete comments or statements that give creedence to a red flag. I think the kid has a good head on his shoulders and has done everything right to this point.

With that being said, SIGN CK AS SOON AS BC WINS ANOTHER TITLE THIS WEEKEND!

Old
04-04-2012, 03:01 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Your not alone in your concern. I had it myself at one point, but every thing points to him being a Ranger as opposed to not signing.

Look at Boyler. As much of a bean head as a guy from Boston can be...and yet he absolutely loves being a New York Ranger...and a New Yorker at this point.

I mean who wouldn't really? Best place in the world for a young successful athlete.

Old
04-04-2012, 03:06 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

vCash: 50
At the end of the day it's a business, and if you're a professional you give it 100% to whoever signs your paycheck

Old
04-04-2012, 03:07 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
Paranoid much??
Seriously. Nothing Kreider has said or done has given any indication that he won't sign with us when the time comes. I mean, it's certainly a possibility to be aware of, but I really haven't seen anything from the kid that indicates it.

He knows Stepan from Team USA, he met a bunch of Rangers players last summer, and he just saw the team clinch first place in the conference. No reason to think he wouldn't want to be a part of this organization.

RANGERS =
Old
04-04-2012, 03:08 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:

I don't think so...

What has he ever done to hint he has no interest in the Rangers? That twitter situation was blown incredibly out of proportion. He also skated with the team before Training Camp to show his commitment.

I think he has a very professional mentality and wants to stay focused on his college hockey until the season's finished. Hence why he does not mention the Rangers.

Sather even went through the time to speak on the phone during one of Kreider's games. I highly doubt he would go to such lengths if there were suspicions that Kreider wouldn't sign.

The Justin Schultz dilemma has everyone a little nervous is all.

Old
04-04-2012, 03:14 PM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
How is it more of a possibility? If he wants to become UFA and sign somewhere else, he'll have to wait until August 15th, 2013, and then sign a 2 year ELC. Or, he can sign a 3 year deal now, burn a year off his ELC, and get more money (an extra 90k signing bonus). Either way he gets to RFA the same time. That is, unless they change the rules in the CBA.

Kreider has done nothing to indicate that he has any intention other than to sign with us. People put far too much importance on what team a kid rooted for growing up.
The thing I love about it is that people give special credence to it because he's from New England. It's really easy to tell who the Yankee fans are on this forum because they're all extra paranoid about anything remotely Boston related. This stuff doesn't come up with any of our Canadian draft picks, who probably weren't Rangers fans growing up. JT Miller was a freaking Penguins fan growing up and yet he signed a contract with us. The only reason Kreider isn't already signed is that he chose the NCAA route.

Also, have any of you paranoid nuts noticed that the last two guys we picked who grew up Ranger fans were Sanguinetti and he who shall not be named? Are you still concerned with drafting non-Ranger fans?

Old
04-04-2012, 03:20 PM
Levitate

Well, Kreider is a Bruins fan playing in the city of Boston...

But all he has ever said is that he's preparing for his NHL career with the Rangers and everything he's done has shown his commitment to the team that drafted him.

Old
04-04-2012, 03:28 PM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

Paranoid nuts? For raising a question nobody really has brought up? I'm also a Mets fan genius.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
The thing I love about it is that people give special credence to it because he's from New England. It's really easy to tell who the Yankee fans are on this forum because they're all extra paranoid about anything remotely Boston related. This stuff doesn't come up with any of our Canadian draft picks, who probably weren't Rangers fans growing up. JT Miller was a freaking Penguins fan growing up and yet he signed a contract with us. The only reason Kreider isn't already signed is that he chose the NCAA route.

Also, have any of you paranoid nuts noticed that the last two guys we picked who grew up Ranger fans were Sanguinetti and he who shall not be named? Are you still concerned with drafting non-Ranger fans?

Old
04-04-2012, 03:30 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Paranoid nuts? For raising a question nobody really has brought up? I'm also a Mets fan genius.
People have been bringing this up since at least last summer when the Bruins won the Cup.

Old
04-04-2012, 03:36 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
People have been bringing this up since at least last summer when the Bruins won the Cup.
I think a lot of fans were expecting him to sign after his sophomore season since the Rangers expressed interest in signing him, and when he didn't sign, some of those fans took it as a "snub" and decided to infer that he wasn't serious about signing with the Rangers or playing for this organization. I absolutely do not believe that type of thinking is warranted. I'm glad he played his Junior year in the NCAA... He's a stronger player today than he was a year ago and he'll be better prepared for the rigors of the NHL level of competition.

Old
04-04-2012, 03:47 PM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by surf
If you think Kreider is going to wait an extra year to start his NHL career and risk the possibility of stricter ELC rules in the new CBA just so he can become a free agent and sign with Boston, then you are in fact a paranoid nut. There's no reason for these suspicions. The vast majority of the guys we draft aren't Rangers fans. None of them have refused to sign with us so they could later join a different NHL team. If he were planning to hold out, then we wouldn't have spent his own money to come skate with the team in the offseason. Horror of horrors, the kid's from Massachusetts and goes to BC just like that noted malcontent Brian Leetch.

Old
04-04-2012, 03:52 PM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
At the end of the day it's a business, and if you're a professional you give it 100% to whoever signs your paycheck
Not that I disagree with you, but to play a little devil's advocate...

Tell that to Tim Erixon. I know his circumstance was influenced by playing time as well but you can't think his Father's history with the NYR didn't have an impact.

I dunno. Just sayin'

To be perfectly clear, I do not believe that Kreider will do the same.

Old
04-04-2012, 04:01 PM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

I could be wrong,but I think Leetch was from Corpus Christie TX?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
If you think Kreider is going to wait an extra year to start his NHL career and risk the possibility of stricter ELC rules in the new CBA just so he can become a free agent and sign with Boston, then you are in fact a paranoid nut. There's no reason for these suspicions. The vast majority of the guys we draft aren't Rangers fans. None of them have refused to sign with us so they could later join a different NHL team. If he were planning to hold out, then we wouldn't have spent his own money to come skate with the team in the offseason. Horror of horrors, the kid's from Massachusetts and goes to BC just like that noted malcontent Brian Leetch.

Old
04-04-2012, 04:02 PM
Ruotsalainen29
Zhoo-Zhitsu!

Quote:
I could be wrong,but I think Leetch was from Corpus Christie TX?
Born in Texas, raised in Cheshire, CT.

Closed Thread