HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carter Day to Day - Ankle

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-02-2012, 07:48 PM
  #101
tantrum4*
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kelowna, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,336
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
Kyper never said he had a fracture, that was dancing boy. All kyper tweeted was he's expected to miss the rest of the reg season.
Which isn't necessarily true

tantrum4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 07:50 PM
  #102
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh
 
tigermask48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 2,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
Kyper never said he had a fracture, that was dancing boy. All kyper tweeted was he's expected to miss the rest of the reg season.
Which as it turns out was probably complete speculation on Kyper's part... Notice how the bolded comment comes after the "no idea when he'll play again" part and not after the "no structural problems" part...

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 07:53 PM
  #103
DAkings20
Kings can't score
 
DAkings20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Valencia, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 12,006
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrum4 View Post
Which isn't necessarily true
Nor is it false. Guess we won't know till he plays.

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 03:05 PM
  #104
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast
 
Seventyx7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Norcal
Country: United States
Posts: 1,138
vCash: 500
Anybody else hoping that when he returns, Williams stays on Richard's line and Carter slides in with Brown and Kopi? I like the creativity JW shows with Richards, and Kopi feeding Carter could get Carter going. Carter only had one 1 goal (empty net) his prior 7 games before going out.

Seventyx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 03:19 PM
  #105
Brad Doty
Moderator
Compliance Hero
 
Brad Doty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: I.E.
Country: United States
Posts: 11,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventyx7 View Post
Anybody else hoping that when he returns, Williams stays on Richard's line and Carter slides in with Brown and Kopi? I like the creativity JW shows with Richards, and Kopi feeding Carter could get Carter going. Carter only had one 1 goal (empty net) his prior 7 games before going out.
He's looked good there, but I feel like putting Carter on Kopi's line would make Kopi pass more instead of shoot. Richards is more of a playmaker than Kopitar. Just my opinion. But you may be right in terms of a jumpstart to shake things up.

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 04:55 PM
  #106
dabeechman
Registered User
 
dabeechman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,749
vCash: 500
Haha so my ex lives next door to Richards/Carter. News update, they are on Richards' deck tanning shirtless (her words). Trying to get a picture to verify if the walking boot is still on

dabeechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 05:01 PM
  #107
Cruel11
Son, just don't.
 
Cruel11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 16,437
vCash: 500
Pics or it didn't happen.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 05:02 PM
  #108
dabeechman
Registered User
 
dabeechman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,749
vCash: 500
She won't take a picture because she would feel like a stalker, but she said that Carter is wearing a "sleeve" over his foot still. :/

dabeechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 05:03 PM
  #109
dabeechman
Registered User
 
dabeechman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,749
vCash: 500
Bahahaha she just got caught peeping by Carter!

dabeechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 05:05 PM
  #110
Cruel11
Son, just don't.
 
Cruel11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 16,437
vCash: 500
Mayor:

Quote:
#LAKings coach Sutter confirmed - Slava Voynov WILL play vs #SJsharks and Jeff Carter will NOT
The only way Carter dresses up on Saturday, is if nothing goes our way on Thursday/Friday (stars vs blues) imo

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 05:05 PM
  #111
Cruel11
Son, just don't.
 
Cruel11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 16,437
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeechman View Post
Bahahaha she just got caught peeping by Carter!
Oh my! Hide!

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 05:34 PM
  #112
Nose of Sutter
Registered User
 
Nose of Sutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 6,268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeechman View Post
Bahahaha she just got caught peeping by Carter!
Haha, oh man awkward moments eh?

Nose of Sutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 05:50 PM
  #113
tantrum4*
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kelowna, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,336
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeechman View Post
Haha so my ex lives next door to Richards/Carter. News update, they are on Richards' deck tanning shirtless (her words). Trying to get a picture to verify if the walking boot is still on
Do some people tan with their shirts ON?

tantrum4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 05:53 PM
  #114
dabeechman
Registered User
 
dabeechman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,749
vCash: 500
I guess it's just more awkward when you get caught peeping on shirtless guys than if they were clothed?

Either way, it's still effin hilarious. I totally got her in trouble

dabeechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 06:23 PM
  #115
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast
 
Seventyx7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Norcal
Country: United States
Posts: 1,138
vCash: 500
So glad Carter is enjoying his new LA lifestyle!!!

Seventyx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 08:38 PM
  #116
Asheru
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 602
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeechman View Post
I guess it's just more awkward when you get caught peeping on shirtless guys than if they were clothed?

Either way, it's still effin hilarious. I totally got her in trouble
Shirtless? They wanted to be looked at, vain boys. Haha.

Asheru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 11:23 PM
  #117
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967
 
Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Brea, California
Country: United States
Posts: 8,933
vCash: 500
Watching Clippers / Lakers, and guess who's in attendance?

I missed it, buy my son caught it. We rewound it, and there is Jeff Carter in the front row...he says Mike Richards is next to him.

My son says to me "Why the **** can't he play, if he is attending a basketball game?"

Good question.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 11:24 PM
  #118
Live in the Now
YNWA
 
Live in the Now's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: LA
Country: United States
Posts: 31,693
vCash: 500
Awards:
Sutter is probably so sure (part of the swagger the Kings have tried to instill) the Kings will get in that they don't want to risk him being injured worse. IMO.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 11:29 PM
  #119
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Nice catch by your son but.....

After all of the B.S. that came about in Philly regarding our current studs (MR and JC) with the media blowing up every single thing that they did away from the actual game of hockey that they are responsible for playing I say.........what they do is secret.

If JC's ankle is too injured to play the game of ice hockey then to me there isn't any correlation between him also being able to attend a boresketball game.

The guy isn't out there skating around while the Clippers are trying to check him to the ground while he is watching the game is he?

Sitting in a seat watching that boring game is punishment enough. We should feel sorry for these guys.

All kidding aside what they do away from the actual game of hockey is up to them. They are grown adults and know what is expected of them and as long as they are ready to go when the puck is dropped or too injured to do so then who cares what they are doing or where they are really?

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 11:38 PM
  #120
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967
 
Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Brea, California
Country: United States
Posts: 8,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Nice catch by your son but.....

After all of the B.S. that came about in Philly regarding our current studs (MR and JC) with the media blowing up every single thing that they did away from the actual game of hockey that they are responsible for playing I say.........what they do is secret.

If JC's ankle is too injured to play the game of ice hockey then to me there isn't any correlation between him also being able to attend a boresketball game.

The guy isn't out there skating around while the Clippers are trying to check him to the ground while he is watching the game is he?

Sitting in a seat watching that boring game is punishment enough. We should feel sorry for these guys.

All kidding aside what they do away from the actual game of hockey is up to them. They are grown adults and know what is expected of them and as long as they are ready to go when the puck is dropped or too injured to do so then who cares what they are doing or where they are really?
I think my son's point (and I have to agree) is if he is feeling well enough to attend a game rather then resting that valuable ankle at home and keeping the weight off of it then maybe he is more ready to play then was previously indicated.

Personally, my feeling is he should be resting at home. Otherwise, lace them up tomorrow.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 11:39 PM
  #121
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 15,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeechman View Post
Bahahaha she just got caught peeping by Carter!
She should just tell the guys that she wants to scoop CBGB.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 11:40 PM
  #122
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,839
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Watching Clippers / Lakers, and guess who's in attendance?

I missed it, buy my son caught it. We rewound it, and there is Jeff Carter in the front row...he says Mike Richards is next to him.

My son says to me "Why the **** can't he play, if he is attending a basketball game?"

Good question.
Sitting while watching a basketball game = an NHL hockey game?

Carter has been walking on his own since the injury, he's not bedridden.


I love how everyone was giving Kypreos **** for saying carter was out for the regular season and here we are, he's not going to play another regular season game. Hammond is such a tool.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 11:46 PM
  #123
KingLB
Registered User
 
KingLB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 7,255
vCash: 500
LOL Carter can watch a basketball game he can skate in a hockey game!!!

Its almost insulting to the toughness of playing a hockey game.

Or that fans have unreal expectations of players....should Gagne have/currently be spending 24hrs in a dim room by himself staring at the wall??

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 11:49 PM
  #124
Live in the Now
YNWA
 
Live in the Now's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: LA
Country: United States
Posts: 31,693
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
Or that fans have unreal expectations of players....should Gagne have/currently be spending 24hrs in a dim room by himself staring at the wall??
Yes. Preferably while being interrogated to get to the bottom of this long absence.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 11:52 PM
  #125
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967
 
Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Brea, California
Country: United States
Posts: 8,933
vCash: 500
I think you guys are really misunderstanding what I am trying to say, so I'm just going to give it up.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:48 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.