HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#80|Apr. 3, 2012|Rangers at Flyers |7:00 p.m. ET

Old
04-04-2012, 02:44 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Hahaha, that's great.

I think Hartnell has been watching Jagr and Giroux enter the zone too much. He tried to make like them at some point, skated into 4 Rangers, and was immediately laid out.

04-04-2012, 02:56 PM
Xegiie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Hahaha, that's great.

I think Hartnell has been watching Jagr and Giroux enter the zone too much. He tried to make like them at some point, skated into 4 Rangers, and was immediately laid out.
yea i was thinking the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
Sure, Jags hasn't been scoring a lot of goals. And while I do believe he's trying a bit too hard to enter the zone on his own some times, there aren't many players in the world that can shield the puck and hold on to it and sustain pressure pretty much on his own. He's also setting up a lot of plays. Obviously I'd like him to score more, but he's doing enough offensively, and defensively too for that matter, to escape blame I'd say.
if you ask me he was great last x games except the last one at rangers, each match he had and produced at least 3 - 4very good scoring chances, where they just weren't burried.
I m just hoping he will break it in playoffs where it actually will matter the most

also 2nd pp has no chemistry, they need work on that

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroglycerin View Post
and unnecessary late 4min minor penalty that resulted 5:3 pp and a goal did the trick. This is what most people say.

Speaking of Jagr.. He has 6 goals in almost 30 games.

Ha... whatever works.
ok for the last time, he was trying to stop the guy from scoring, to lift his stick yes it was 0.5 after guy scored, but kubina was chasing guy from behind, prolly didnt even see puck in the net too.
And i believe if you played any sport you would know what happend there. it wasnt unnecesarry penalty... it just happend stick slipped to face like it never happens, right... right?

2nd time stop just arguing with me everytime, i just got infraction because of you taunting me with comrade and other *****.
I ll just ignore your thoughtful posts you ignore mine.

Ppl claim it wasn't his goal? ok i took time and browed thro this topic, guess what? ppl yelling Carle - Kubina are so bad after that goal..
Carle wasn't even there and it was Bourdon and it wasn't Kubinas guy...
so yeah.
what more Kubina is most likely playing hurt and again most likely just becuase Grossmann is out too.
Im not defending him just because he is czech, but im tired of you and ppl here who pick one guy and keep bashing him whole game even they weren't actual ones doing a mistake sooo annoying.

had to look again on first goal which is obviously on Kubina, had to laugh, so Kubina is responsible for covering all the players or?..
i just give up some ppl just need someone to bash, hf

Last edited by Beef Invictus: 04-04-2012 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Merging to save space in filled thread
Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 03:17 PM
SolidSnakeUS

So basically for the Flyers to get the 4th seed, they would have to win the next two games and Pens would have to go either 0-2 or 0-1-1, since we have the better ROW?

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 03:23 PM
teegale
Hartnell Down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
So basically for the Flyers to get the 4th seed, they would have to win the next two games and Pens would have to go either 0-2 or 0-1-1, since we have the better ROW?
I'm ok with that actually. I think the pressure of being at home to start the series would do more harm than anything. This team has a fragile mentality. Starting on the road in a building we've never lost at might not be the worst thing for them.

teegale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 03:39 PM
jagrgodr

Jagr has actually been playing pretty good in my eyes, just not scoring any goals. Remember he is #3 in points on the team, #3 on power play GOALS with only 7, and #3 in assists. He has been doing all of this while being on the 2nd power play unit for around half the season? Also look at Giroux's goal totals when they moved Jagr to the 2nd unit.

I wonder if they will put Jagr on the top line PP, i would love to see that. I am still waiting for him to be setup to the right of the goalie, but i think that will only happen on 4-3 or 5-3's. I understand why he's not, they are using hartnell and simmons in front of the net and they are the 2 leading pp goal scorers with jagr far behind at #3. I just see zero chemistry on the 2nd PP unit.

Anyways i think Jagr was a little slow to recover but i think he is doing much better lately, i think he is figuring out the best way to play against the new nhl and i'm sure he'll be back next year and will have a great run in the playoffs. Jagr loves the playoffs, he had 26 points in 20 games the last 2 years playing for the rangers. He also has a career over PPG in the playoffs.

jagrgodr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 03:50 PM
Xegiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrgodr View Post
Jagr has actually been playing pretty good in my eyes, just not scoring any goals. Remember he is #3 in points on the team, #3 on power play GOALS with only 7, and #3 in assists. He has been doing all of this while being on the 2nd power play unit for around half the season? Also look at Giroux's goal totals when they moved Jagr to the 2nd unit.

I wonder if they will put Jagr on the top line PP, i would love to see that. I am still waiting for him to be setup to the right of the goalie, but i think that will only happen on 4-3 or 5-3's. I understand why he's not, they are using hartnell and simmons in front of the net and they are the 2 leading pp goal scorers with jagr far behind at #3. I just see zero chemistry on the 2nd PP unit.

Anyways i think Jagr was a little slow to recover but i think he is doing much better lately, i think he is figuring out the best way to play against the new nhl and i'm sure he'll be back next year and will have a great run in the playoffs. Jagr loves the playoffs, he had 26 points in 20 games the last 2 years playing for the rangers. He also has a career over PPG in the playoffs.
i also think he was playing very well i said it here before, even opposite teams announcers says so too, pretty much every game.
But he lack finish ,or G missing empty net, there was actually truck load of these
But i wouldn't be as optimist as you are about next year.
We still have playoff ahead and there i think it will decide if flyers keep him or not. But the way he is playing he isn't going to produce more than he did in first half of season, he is trying to play completely different hockey than he was used to for his whole life.
He isn't used on PP as he used to be for most of his life..
if nothing changes i will be happy he stay in flyers and will produce like he did in mentioned first half of this season, that would make me satisfied

Old
04-04-2012, 03:56 PM
Go For It

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xegiie View Post
he is trying to play completely different hockey than he was used to for his whole life.
What do you mean by this?

Quote:
He isn't used on PP as he used to be for most of his life..
I think that was the whole point of putting him on the 2nd PP unit. First PP unit goes through Giroux, 2nd unit goes through Jagr on his off-wing.

Go For It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 06:39 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

vCash: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Yeah, if the Pens beat the Rangers, they clinch the 4th seed. Since the last game is between the Pens and Flyers, the game could end up determining home ice.

There are two Thursday scenarios that make the Saturday game meaningful for home ice:

1) Pittsburgh loses either in regulation or OT/SO and Philly beats Buffalo.

2) Pittsburgh loses to New York in regulation and the Flyers lose to Buffalo in OT/SO.

04-04-2012, 07:27 PM
jagrgodr

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
Yeah, if the Pens beat the Rangers, they clinch the 4th seed. Since the last game is between the Pens and Flyers, the game could end up determining home ice.

There are two Thursday scenarios that make the Saturday game meaningful for home ice:

1) Pittsburgh loses either in regulation or OT/SO and Philly beats Buffalo.

2) Pittsburgh loses to New York in regulation and the Flyers lose to Buffalo in OT/SO.
omg what an amazing last week of hockey!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the funnest end of a season that i can remember, these last two games are going to be crazy for both teams. Especially now that penguins have figured out peter's secret weapon to the recent victories. Hopefully peter can sneak those ribs to the team, WITH confirmation before the game so all the players know they are going to get their F'in ribs! Hopefully penguins don't steal the ribs.. oh god RIB GATE 2012!!!!

jagrgodr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 09:52 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmoneyflyguy View Post
Not gonna lie, this made me laugh
Yeah, that is really good.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 09:53 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSKA1974 View Post
Agree. And I am really happy that the posters are sseing "the big picture" and do not let "perfect" to be the enemy of "good"
Plus, first game back from injury.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 07:44 AM
Xegiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post
What do you mean by this?
he is playion on giroux, while before everyone was just playing on him, quite a difference there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post
I think that was the whole point of putting him on the 2nd PP unit. First PP unit goes through Giroux, 2nd unit goes through Jagr on his off-wing.
i guess, but i don't remember his classic one timer from right wing since this pp unit was made?
also that unit plays so badly, pass, pass, lose puck

Old
04-05-2012, 07:53 AM
Krishna

Damn it.
I want to hate Lundqvist but i can't because he is so handsome..

Krishna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 08:25 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
ok for the last time, he was trying to stop the guy from scoring, to lift his stick yes it was 0.5 after guy scored, but kubina was chasing guy from behind, prolly didnt even see puck in the net too.
And i believe if you played any sport you would know what happend there. it wasnt unnecesarry penalty... it just happend stick slipped to face like it never happens, right... right?

2nd time stop just arguing with me everytime, i just got infraction because of you taunting me with comrade and other *****.
I ll just ignore your thoughtful posts you ignore mine.

Ppl claim it wasn't his goal? ok i took time and browed thro this topic, guess what? ppl yelling Carle - Kubina are so bad after that goal..
Carle wasn't even there and it was Bourdon and it wasn't Kubinas guy...
so yeah.
what more Kubina is most likely playing hurt and again most likely just becuase Grossmann is out too.
Im not defending him just because he is czech, but im tired of you and ppl here who pick one guy and keep bashing him whole game even they weren't actual ones doing a mistake sooo annoying.
had to look again on first goal which is obviously on Kubina, had to laugh, so Kubina is responsible for covering all the players or?..
i just give up some ppl just need someone to bash, hf
You are in denial buddy. I hope you feel better.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 11:01 AM
JVR21
G

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Yeah, that is really good.
Brian Boucher disagrees

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 12:27 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Kubina needs to go on July 1. need to get younger on the blueline.
Carle can go because he just freakin sucks

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote