HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Joey Benik

Old
04-04-2012, 02:04 AM
ginopuck

vCash: 500
Joey Benik

Haven't heard much about him. He had 96 pts in 60 games in the BCHL though and is committed to St. Cloud State. Is he going to be one of those guys NHL teams will be fighting to sign later on as a college free agent?

ginopuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 07:22 AM
WeissFC
@WeissFC

Too hard to tell right now IMO. Yeah, he put up a ton of points this year, but he's one of the oldest players on the Penticton roster in addition to the team being absolutely stacked. It'll be interesting to see how he does in his first couple of months playing at SCSU next fall.

WeissFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 10:17 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

He tore up single A high school hockey in Minnesota too. He's an interesting player with a long history of scoring at a video game-type pace. Doubt any teams would be willing to invest in him until they've seen him at the collegiate level, though. So to answer your latter question; yes, I believe so if he can fit in at St. Cloud.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 01:19 PM
The Exiled One

Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
He tore up single A high school hockey in Minnesota too. He's an interesting player with a long history of scoring at a video game-type pace. Doubt any teams would be willing to invest in him until they've seen him at the collegiate level, though. So to answer your latter question; yes, I believe so if he can fit in at St. Cloud.
FYI, St. Francis High School plays in AA, but they have a really soft schedule.

I certainly hope Benik is a phenom in college, for obvious reasons. I also think he has the tools to get signed if he succeeds at SCSU. Super creative, strong on the puck. His first couple of steps are quick, but his top speed could hold him back at the pro level. He's a potential AHL stalwart, but I don't think he'd stick in the NHL.

The Exiled One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 04:35 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Exiled One View Post
FYI, St. Francis High School plays in AA, but they have a really soft schedule.
Huh. Did not know that. Granted, I don't see a lot of hockey from up in that Albertville-area.

this providence is offline   Reply With Quote