HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013/14 Forward Lineup

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-03-2012, 05:39 PM
  #1
EbonyRaptor
Registered User
 
EbonyRaptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Boonies
Country: United States
Posts: 3,030
vCash: 500
2013/14 Forward Lineup

With the players currently in the organization, what might the forward lineup look like going into the season after next (2013/14). Assume any players currently under contract can be traded away, and any free agent players currently under contract can be re-signed - but no new players may be used.

Sharp-Toews-Stalberg
Saad-Kane-Hossa
Kruger-Bolland-Shaw
Beach-McNeill-Morin

EbonyRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 05:48 PM
  #2
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,924
vCash: 500
Brandon Saad - Jonathan Toews - Patrick Kane
Patrick Sharp - Marcus Kruger - Marian Hossa
Jeremy Morin - David Bolland - Kevin Hayes
Kyle Beach - Andrew Shaw - Phillipe Paradis

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 05:54 PM
  #3
MTP
I Love Shinpads
 
MTP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Joliet, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,641
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MTP
Saad - Toews - Hossa
Sharp - Kane - Stalberg
Morin - Bolland - Hayes
Beach - Kruger - Danault

MTP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 05:57 PM
  #4
sketch22
Registered User
 
sketch22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,295
vCash: 500
Sharp-Toews-Kane
Jayes-Kruger-Stalberg
Shaw-Bolland-Hossa
Danault-Flick-Carcillo

sketch22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 06:35 PM
  #5
DontToewzMeBro
Registered User
 
DontToewzMeBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,136
vCash: 500
Saad-Toews-Kane
Sharp-McNeil-Hossa
Jayes-Bolland-Stalberg
Danault-Kruger-Carcillo

DontToewzMeBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 06:35 PM
  #6
pvr
Kruger Line=2.5 Men
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Brandon Saad - Jonathan Toews - Patrick Kane
Patrick Sharp - Marcus Kruger - Marian Hossa
Jeremy Morin - David Bolland - Kevin Hayes
Kyle Beach - Andrew Shaw - Phillipe Paradis
I really hope our 2 and 4 centers are not those players.

Sharp-Toews-Kane
Saad-xxx-Hossa
Morin-Bolland-K. Hayes
Beach-xxx-Shaw

I believe McNeill will be our fourth line center, and Kruger will be moved for a short term second line center. Eventually McNeill slots into number two, and Danault goes into number three or four, with perhaps Bolland on the way out.

pvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 12:05 AM
  #7
LandofLincoln
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,600
vCash: 500
Saad--Toews--Kane
Sharp--McNeill--Hossa
Morin--Danault--J. Hayes
Beach--Flick--Shaw
Carcillo-Paradis

Bolland & Kruger out!

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 05:17 AM
  #8
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,366
vCash: 500
Beach - Toews - Sharp
Saad - Kane - Hossa
Kayes - Krüger - Jayes
Danault - Vet - Shaw



we don't even know the roster for next year...

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 11:52 AM
  #9
Atomic Punk
Mean Streets
 
Atomic Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Panama
Country: United States
Posts: 9,072
vCash: 500
I would hate to see Bollie go. But it is a business and someone will most likely overpay him.

Atomic Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 01:05 PM
  #10
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,924
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvr View Post
I really hope our 2 and 4 centers are not those players.

Sharp-Toews-Kane
Saad-xxx-Hossa
Morin-Bolland-K. Hayes
Beach-xxx-Shaw

I believe McNeill will be our fourth line center, and Kruger will be moved for a short term second line center. Eventually McNeill slots into number two, and Danault goes into number three or four, with perhaps Bolland on the way out.
Kruger won't be moved. Whether he plays centre or wing, he's going to be a Hawks for a while.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 01:13 PM
  #11
Gootie
Thug of the Year
 
Gootie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chiraq
Country: United States
Posts: 25,706
vCash: 500
Stalberg-Toews-Kane
Sharp-Bolland-Hossa
Vet LW-Kruger-Vet RW
Carcillo-Mayers-Shaw

Gootie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 02:21 PM
  #12
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gootie View Post
Stalberg-Toews-Kane
Sharp-Bolland-Hossa
Vet LW-Kruger-Vet RW
Carcillo-Mayers-Shaw
you don't think Saad or Morin or Jayes or any other prospect will make our team in 2 years?

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 06:31 PM
  #13
EbonyRaptor
Registered User
 
EbonyRaptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Boonies
Country: United States
Posts: 3,030
vCash: 500
OK ... it may be a bit premature, but I'm going to reveal the hidden agenda of this thread. I wanted to see how many fellow Hawks fans would include Stalberg in the 2013/14 lineup - which would mean that he will have been re-signed by the Hawks because his current contract runs through the 2012/13 season.

I didn't just simply ask the question "will Stalberg be on the team in 2013/14" because I didn't want your thought process to be "Stalberg focused". I was hoping responders would just go with whatever came to mind - if Stalberg was included in your lineup, that says you have come around to thinking he's part of the long range plans, if Stalberg wasn't in your lineup, then either consciously or sub-consciously you do not see him in the long range plans.

So far the tally is:
Stalberg = 5
No Stalberg = 4

So - about an even split, albeit a small sample. However, he's come a long way in the minds (and hearts) of many Hawk fans because I'd bet if this thread was posted last summer, the tally would be heavily on the "No Stalberg" side of the ledger.

EbonyRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 06:32 PM
  #14
RomersWorld*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 7,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gootie View Post
Stalberg-Toews-Kane
Sharp-Bolland-Hossa
Vet LW-Kruger-Vet RW
Carcillo-Mayers-Shaw
I sure hope a 39 year old Mayers isn't our 4th line center.

RomersWorld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 06:52 PM
  #15
Gootie
Thug of the Year
 
Gootie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chiraq
Country: United States
Posts: 25,706
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
you don't think Saad or Morin or Jayes or any other prospect will make our team in 2 years?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post
I sure hope a 39 year old Mayers isn't our 4th line center.
Whoops, braincramp on my part. Thought this was about next year. In two years it will be

Stalberg-Toews-Kane
Sharp-Kruger-Hoss
Saad-Bolland-Hayes/Shaw
Carcillo/Shaw-Vet C-Beach/Shaw

I think Kruger will be playing like Filppula in a couple years. Just a hunch.

Gootie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 07:01 PM
  #16
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,924
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gootie View Post
Whoops, braincramp on my part. Thought this was about next year. In two years it will be

Stalberg-Toews-Kane
Sharp-Kruger-Hoss
Saad-Bolland-Hayes/Shaw
Carcillo/Shaw-Vet C-Beach/Shaw

I think Kruger will be playing like Filppula in a couple years. Just a hunch.
I've been comparing Kruger to Filppula since he got to Chicago.. I agree with your assessment.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 07:07 PM
  #17
DontToewzMeBro
Registered User
 
DontToewzMeBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,136
vCash: 500
Sharp-Toews-Hayes
Makarov-Yakupov-Vorobiev
Saad-Bolland-Hossa
Shaw-Arnason-Krivokrasov

DontToewzMeBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 07:07 PM
  #18
Sevanston
Moderator
 
Sevanston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 10,990
vCash: 500
Sure, why not. This'll be a fun thread to dig up.

Saad - Toews - McNeill
Sharp - Kane - Hossa
Morin - Kruger - Stalberg
Paradis - Nordstrom - Danault

Keith - Seabrook
Leddy - Clendening
Olsen - Holl

Crawford
Mattsson

Sevanston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 07:12 PM
  #19
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,924
vCash: 500
*If we're doing a full line-up:

Brandon Saad - Jonathan Toews - Patrick Kane
Patrick Sharp - Marcus Kruger - Marian Hossa
Jeremy Morin - David Bolland - Kevin Hayes
Kyle Beach - Andrew Shaw - Phillipe Paradis
Joakim Nordstrom

Keith - Seabrook
Leddy - Olsen
Clendening - Johns
Dahlbeck

Crawford
Simpson

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 07:26 PM
  #20
Kurtosis
Patiently Waiting
 
Kurtosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Norwood Park
Country: United States
Posts: 13,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
Sure, why not. This'll be a fun thread to dig up.

Saad - Toews - McNeill
Sharp - Kane - Hossa
Morin - Kruger - Stalberg
Paradis - Nordstrom - Danault

Keith - Seabrook
Leddy - Clendening
Olsen - Holl

Crawford
Mattsson
Why do you have McNeill on the wing? I don't envision him playing anywhere other than center...

Kurtosis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 07:49 PM
  #21
Sevanston
Moderator
 
Sevanston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 10,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtosis View Post
Why do you have McNeill on the wing? I don't envision him playing anywhere other than center...
Mostly because I don't want to move Kane back to the wing. I really like the way Kane is developing as a pivot, and think by 2013-2014 he'll have locked that 2nd line spot down for good.

McNeill's played right wing in the past, and I really liked the idea of playing him together with Saad and Toews.

There's really nothing wrong with having McNeill in the middle, but this is all just useless speculation, so what the hell, right?

Sevanston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 08:25 PM
  #22
Kurtosis
Patiently Waiting
 
Kurtosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Norwood Park
Country: United States
Posts: 13,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
Mostly because I don't want to move Kane back to the wing. I really like the way Kane is developing as a pivot, and think by 2013-2014 he'll have locked that 2nd line spot down for good.

McNeill's played right wing in the past, and I really liked the idea of playing him together with Saad and Toews.

There's really nothing wrong with having McNeill in the middle, but this is all just useless speculation, so what the hell, right?
Yeah, I suppose you're right; fun useless speculation at that though.

Kurtosis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 12:43 AM
  #23
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonyRaptor View Post
OK ... it may be a bit premature, but I'm going to reveal the hidden agenda of this thread. I wanted to see how many fellow Hawks fans would include Stalberg in the 2013/14 lineup - which would mean that he will have been re-signed by the Hawks because his current contract runs through the 2012/13 season.

I didn't just simply ask the question "will Stalberg be on the team in 2013/14" because I didn't want your thought process to be "Stalberg focused". I was hoping responders would just go with whatever came to mind - if Stalberg was included in your lineup, that says you have come around to thinking he's part of the long range plans, if Stalberg wasn't in your lineup, then either consciously or sub-consciously you do not see him in the long range plans.

So far the tally is:
Stalberg = 5
No Stalberg = 4

So - about an even split, albeit a small sample. However, he's come a long way in the minds (and hearts) of many Hawk fans because I'd bet if this thread was posted last summer, the tally would be heavily on the "No Stalberg" side of the ledger.
I looked at this too

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:03 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.