HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#6th playoff spot. Best place to be.

Old
04-04-2012, 03:30 PM
dats81

vCash: 500
I'd rather not lose more bodies before the playoffs start just to earn some worthless points or send out some statement.

Rest whoever is playing hurt right now. Dress some Phantoms guys and tell them to go out, hit and fight, have fun.
If they drop to 6th seed, so be it.

Once the playoffs start, the clock is set to zero. Every team has a shot at the cup if they can play up to their potential and stay mor or less healthy.

dats81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 05:27 PM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
In one post you say destroying the Pens means very little. In your next post you point to the fact that we destroyed the Panthers. Which is it? Is regular season a good indicator or not?
That's a silly question to ask. Clearly, it's the one that at that particular point supports the notion he's trying to further. You don't base opinions on facts, you interpret facts in a way that supports your opinion. Duh!

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 05:47 PM
Amateur Hour

Am I the only person who actually wants to play the Penguins in the first round?

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 05:52 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
Am I the only person who actually wants to play the Penguins in the first round?
Nope. My friend calls me sadistic.

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
SnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 06:30 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

vCash: 955
Quote:
Glad someone else wants the Penguins.

I don't buy the argument that they'll physically and emotionally drain each other and the winner will be second round fodder. It'll be an entertaining series and the winner will have a great shot of being the East's champ.

The Flyers have played the Pens well in the last couple of years, especially in Pittsburgh. The Pens could win the series, but you could say that about any playoff opponent.

04-04-2012, 06:53 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 50
Everyone is sleeping hard on the Panthers but I wouldn't be surprised if they win round 1.

04-04-2012, 06:56 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Nope.

I have a very good feeling about us playing the pens in the first round.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 07:21 PM
jagrgodr

I just hate playing defensive oriented teams, and the rangers are the best. I would want to avoid just rangers and boston, and to me the penguins are the best match up. We have destroyed them all season long with a maximum number of games to really see how we would play against them and i think it's by far the best first round matchup we could get.

jagrgodr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 07:31 PM
MountainHawk

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroglycerin View Post
Not a fact. Against Pens will may very well go 7 games. 7 tough, rough, chippy hard hitting games imo. We will be in penalty box most of the time or playing from behind

Against Florida we rest, we get easy non physical team we get healthy. Get some players back.

Screw NY Rangers. I do not care what regular season stats say. We can beat them. Plus you do not know who they going to face in 1st.

We ice rested team

Hartnell Giroux Jagr
Schenn Briere Simmonds (looked like that line started to click)
JVR Read Voracek
Wellwood Couturier Talbot

Coburn Grossmann
Timonen Carle
Kubina Lilja/Bourdon

Who knows maybe Meszaros will be close. Long shot but true. JVR will not as rusty in 2nd. We can reply on Giroux line if Briere is still hurt.

Bryzgalov
Bobrovsky

We'll see where Bryzgalov is at. How is that chipped bone doing.
Flyers are a better team than the Penguins. Fact, not opinion.

MountainHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 08:29 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk View Post
Eh, I don't know if I'd call that a fact. Flyers fully healthy (including Pronger) I'd agree with you. Flyers without Pronger, Mez, and probably JvR along with Bryz's potential injury, they are at best even. They can beat them, without a doubt. But I wouldn't call it a fact that the Flyers are the better team.

DrinkFightFlyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 07:29 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk View Post
Maybe so but I rather be smart.. Why? Here is why..

Quote:
Holmgren refuted a report on a Rangers telecast that defenseman Andrej Meszaros was ahead of schedule and would start skating this weekend.Meszaros had back surgery March 21, and Holmgren said the earliest he would return would be the second round of the playoffs.

Left winger James van Riemsdyk, who had surgery on his right foot March 6, will visit a doctor Thursday and could have his boot removed and be given clearance to begin skating, Holmgren said. The GM added that "a lot would have to go right" for van Riemsdyk to be able to play in the middle of the first playoff round.

Holmgren said he was hopeful defenseman Nick Grossmann, out with an apparent knee injury, can resume skating this weekend. Grossmann is expected to be ready for the start of the playoffs.
The Flyers are monitoring center Danny Briere, who continues to ice his ailing back. Briere hopes he can return for the beginning of the playoffs, but nothing is definitive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrgodr View Post
I just hate playing defensive oriented teams, and the rangers are the best. I would want to avoid just rangers and boston, and to me the penguins are the best match up. We have destroyed them all season long with a maximum number of games to really see how we would play against them and i think it's by far the best first round matchup we could get.
Ok pal... I think you are confused. This thread is not about Pittsburgh or Boston or NYR. This is about playing Florida in 1st round.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 11:57 AM
Teezax

Quote:
I welcome them with open arms, if any team needs to take out those chumps it should be us. I just hope Lavi gives them the speech to remember before game 1 and urges them to aim for nothing less than a sweep. That would be my stanley cup right there.

Teezax is offline   Reply With Quote