HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Playoffs 2012 Commercial

Old
04-03-2012, 07:05 PM
VFL615*

vCash: 500
Playoffs 2012 Commercial

So how many of you guys going to be watching the Preds playoff games inside a tent in your backyard with a Preds jersey hanging on a tree limb?

VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 07:09 PM
coviner

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
So how many of you guys going to be watching the Preds playoff games inside a tent in your backyard with a Preds jersey hanging on a tree limb?
Damn housing bubble.

coviner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 07:12 PM
Preds311

Quote:
I'll be at the Bridge. What a weird thread.

Preds311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 07:15 PM
VFL615*

I could not make up something like that. That clip of what i described is on a commercial for the playoffs getting played over and over on the NHL Network.

Old
04-03-2012, 07:30 PM
VFL615*

They just played it..lol

Old
04-03-2012, 10:43 PM
roccerfeller
jets bromantic

vCash: 800
Hey good luck Preds fans in the playoffs, i'll be rooting for you guys in the west

I'm from Winnipeg but there's a lot of respect for the Nashville franchise in this city (believe it or not)

You guys are actually a "model" franchise for our organization! (Way back when we only had an AHL team too)

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/spo...145725715.html

Quote:

"...The best example for us is Nashville. They draft well and develop and provide a stable environment that fosters winning. They're the best example for us. Now that they're close, they're trying to make a few tweaks to go after the Cup. The Nashville example is very fitting for us."

I'd love to come down sometime and watch a Jets/Preds matchup.

Good luck in your playoff hunt guys, your organization is awesome and I have heard good things about Preds fans

roccerfeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 03:41 AM
Drake744
Unregistered User

I'll be at all home games and will probably be watching all road games in an intimate setting with friends and beer. I'm close to getting a new job, but the hours should work out in my favor. If they don't, I don't know what I'm gonna do. I live for the Preds playoff games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roccerfeller View Post

Good luck in your playoff hunt guys, your organization is awesome and I have heard good things about Preds fans
True.....we ARE pretty awesome haha

Drake744 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 10:09 AM
PhoneGuy

Quote:
I could not make up something like that. That clip of what i described is on a commercial for the playoffs getting played over and over on the NHL Network.
I saw that clip last night and thought "Seriously?? A friggin' tent?? That's the image we get??."

PhoneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 10:49 AM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

I have tickets for the first three home games (hopefully we only need two!); will likely watch the rest of the playoffs on TV.

Cashville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 10:54 AM
ffwrx
Don't Blink!

They are just a few years behind...

This is camping, and this is camping. This is camping, and this is camping. This is camping, and this is camping. This is camping, and this is camping. This is camping, and this is camping.

ffwrx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 11:17 AM
YouAreTheGovt

Link to said commercial ad?

YouAreTheGovt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 11:54 AM
Liquidfire3240

Any idea what game I can watch for the playoffs? I dont have cable, and only get NBC and FSTN over the air.
All the games on NBCSN and NHL-N would be blacked out, even if I get gamecenter live, right?

Liquidfire3240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 11:58 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidfire3240 View Post
Any idea what game I can watch for the playoffs? I dont have cable, and only get NBC and FSTN over the air.
All the games on NBCSN and NHL-N would be blacked out, even if I get gamecenter live, right?
If it is airing on NBC it has priority. NBC does their own broadcast whereas NHL-N picks up a local broadcast. NBC games shouldn't be blacked out.

I'm not sure how Gamecenter works.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 01:20 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Any game on locally or on national TV is blacked out on GameCenter until the replay is posted later that night. Some national games though are blacked out for 48 hours.

Depending on who we play though we may not even be picked up by a national station for some of the games. If I remember right, most of last years series against Anaheim wasn't on nationally in the US. I remember having to watch the games on Anaheim's local networks and FS Tennessee when I came home for a few days during the series as well.

Old
04-04-2012, 02:30 PM
Nitrous Mafia

Quote:
streams or a bar

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 03:31 PM
Liquidfire3240

Awesome NHL, piracy it is. Sad that I would pay money to stream the playoffs online, but it's got to be killed by blackout garbage.
MLB can stream the whole playoffs blackout free, why cant you?

Old
04-04-2012, 04:17 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Awesome NHL, piracy it is. Sad that I would pay money to stream the playoffs online, but it's got to be killed by blackout garbage.
MLB can stream the whole playoffs blackout free, why cant you?
You would probably be better off at a bar because the quality of streaming isn't usually that good. In my experiences with soccer anyway.

Old
04-04-2012, 04:30 PM
SavageSteve

Quote:
If you're on a laptop/desktop... there are programs to change your IP address to say, New York and you would get the out-of-market games! I used to do that when they had Hockey Night on Yahoo and the games weren't on locally a time or two! I've also done it to see BBC shows on the iPlayer. Plus I'll run the VGA cable and sound to the LCD-TV and just like cable /out the remote! Not sure on IP changing w/a Roku or a Boxee; but there is enough info doing this w/ a PC if you search on Google.

SavageSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 04:39 PM
Liquidfire3240

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageSteve View Post
If you're on a laptop/desktop... there are programs to change your IP address to say, New York and you would get the out-of-market games! I used to do that when they had Hockey Night on Yahoo and the games weren't on locally a time or two! I've also done it to see BBC shows on the iPlayer. Plus I'll run the VGA cable and sound to the LCD-TV and just like cable /out the remote! Not sure on IP changing w/a Roku or a Boxee; but there is enough info doing this w/ a PC if you search on Google.
Oh I've played with VPNs and tor before for iplayer, it's how I got F1 until last year.
But even with gamecenter live, if it's on national tv, it wont be streamed, which is what I need, I would pay just to see streams of versus and NHL-N for 2 months, But I cant.

Oh well, low quality streams it is and torrent the next day, woo.
Anyone needs an invite, i've got a few since NHL doesn't seem to be fixing the problem.

Old
04-04-2012, 04:49 PM
VFL615*

Quote:
Oh I've played with VPNs and tor before for iplayer, it's how I got F1 until last year.
But even with gamecenter live, if it's on national tv, it wont be streamed, which is what I need, I would pay just to see streams of versus and NHL-N for 2 months, But I cant.

Oh well, low quality streams it is and torrent the next day, woo.
Anyone needs an invite, i've got a few since NHL doesn't seem to be fixing the problem.
Dish network has a package (gold) with NHL Network, MSNBC Sports, MLB Network, NFL Network, as well as many other sports networks. All in HD.

Old
04-04-2012, 05:50 PM
cju1979
Radulov Convert

****** the NHL, it's paid off refs and it's network. As a born and bred New Englander...screw it...****** Boston too. Every time I go back it's like if "Idiocracy" were real and happening today and everyone was ugly. The perception of this town is ridiculous.

As for broadcasting...if these games aren't on FSTN something is seriously wrong.

cju1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 09:48 PM
tserberis*

Are Tennessean wives so tough, that guys have to watch hockey in the tent in the backyard?

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 09:56 PM
hatedandproud

Unbelieveable. People ***** and complain every year that the Preds get no attention, they never get noticed, they never get any publicity. Now comes a commercial for the NHL playoffs that includes a nod to the Preds ... and people want to ***** and complain about it ..................

Last edited by Jonesey: 04-04-2012 at 10:18 PM. Reason: filter circumvention
hatedandproud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 09:58 PM
PredaDORES
**** you Dale Tallon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatedandproud View Post
Unbelieveable. People ***** and complain every year that the Preds get no attention, they never get noticed, they never get any publicity. Now comes a commercial for the NHL playoffs that includes a nod to the Preds ... and people want to ***** and complain about it ..................
Chill. I don't think anyone was actually upset.

Last edited by Jonesey: 04-04-2012 at 10:19 PM. Reason: edited quoted post
PredaDORES is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 01:52 AM
Nitrous Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatedandproud View Post
chill, breh.

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote