HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

EDM and NAS Wilson

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-03-2012, 07:29 PM
  #1
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,402
vCash: 500
EDM and NAS Wilson

EDM could use a young centreman with size to play on the 2nd line behind RNH. What would NAS want for this kid?

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 07:40 PM
  #2
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor
 
ThirdManIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 43,713
vCash: 500
Anything Nashville would want in a deal Edmonton wouldn't part with.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 07:50 PM
  #3
NoNecksCurse
Registered User
 
NoNecksCurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,569
vCash: 500
a top 6 forward coming back or top 4 defenseman (skill set TBD)... package deal probable

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 08:15 PM
  #4
predfan24
Registered User
 
predfan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,115
vCash: 500
I'm not down with trading Wilson until we figure out what's going to happen with the Kostitsyn bros and Radulov. If Willy can't get a top six spot then I'd prob be OK shopping him.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 08:31 PM
  #5
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short
 
Roman Yoshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Franklin, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,674
vCash: 500
ooops wrong thread....

ahhh trade wilson?

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 08:41 PM
  #6
predwings
Registered User
 
predwings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brentwood/Las Vegas
Country: United States
Posts: 571
vCash: 500
You got nothing to offer honestly that we would need. I'd like to shore up our contract situations and see in the off-season what we could get for him if he's still the odd man out of the equation, though I personally believe he should be playing still and sitting him is a bad idea.

predwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 03:04 AM
  #7
Drake744
Unregistered User
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
I'm not down with trading Wilson until we figure out what's going to happen with the Kostitsyn bros and Radulov. If Willy can't get a top six spot then I'd prob be OK shopping him.
Isn't Sergei at least assumed to be coming back here? He's a RFA so unless a team really feels the need to steal him I would assume he'll be back. Andrei I don't know. Personally I would like to see him stay but every year there are guys that I'd like to see return that ultimately don't and I don't think about it much after they're gone.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 06:59 AM
  #8
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 11,322
vCash: 500
Damn...I was enjoying the break of the once daily pissing matches AKA "Edmonton/Nashville proposals".

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 08:09 AM
  #9
cjerina
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 1,078
vCash: 500
What about Ryan Jones?

cjerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 09:07 AM
  #10
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,413
vCash: 500
If we can retain Radulov and AK, I think Smid and a mid-round pick would probably get it done. Otherwise, I think he's unavailable simply out of necessity.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 09:59 PM
  #11
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
If we can retain Radulov and AK, I think Smid and a mid-round pick would probably get it done. Otherwise, I think he's unavailable simply out of necessity.
Do you have any idea how well Smid has developed into a top shut down dman and one of the leagues top shot blockers.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 10:23 PM
  #12
NoNecksCurse
Registered User
 
NoNecksCurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Do you have any idea how well Smid has developed into a top shut down dman and one of the leagues top shot blockers.
smid is a top 4, not top 2 right now.. lets wait till next year and grade his play before we overrate him too much. would love to acquire him, though..

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 12:20 AM
  #13
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Do you have any idea how well Smid has developed into a top shut down dman and one of the leagues top shot blockers.
You may or may not have noticed, but Colin Wilson isn't exactly a chump. The kid has tremendous offensive talent, but defensive deficiencies have kept him out of the lineup.

Smid plays about 21 minutes a night. He's a useful, but not elite defenseman, along the lines of a Johnny Boychuk or a Karl Alzner or a Rob Scuderi.

It's also worth noting, since it was the whole basis of your inquiry, that Wilson is a lousy center. Average on the face-off dot and a very poor positional player. With his size and skill set, he's much better suited to the wing, which is where we have him. I don't see anything less than a second pairing defenseman (which is what Smid is) getting the deal done. Wilson is too good to be sold off for the next Brandon Segal or Simon Gamache.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 09:54 AM
  #14
VFL615*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Middle Tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
You may or may not have noticed, but Colin Wilson isn't exactly a chump. The kid has tremendous offensive talent, but defensive deficiencies have kept him out of the lineup.

Smid plays about 21 minutes a night. He's a useful, but not elite defenseman, along the lines of a Johnny Boychuk or a Karl Alzner or a Rob Scuderi.

It's also worth noting, since it was the whole basis of your inquiry, that Wilson is a lousy center. Average on the face-off dot and a very poor positional player. With his size and skill set, he's much better suited to the wing, which is where we have him. I don't see anything less than a second pairing defenseman (which is what Smid is) getting the deal done. Wilson is too good to be sold off for the next Brandon Segal or Simon Gamache.
Best non rookie NHL player in your lifetime watching the games from the pess box
Not sure of the value of a guy who is not playing for the team who could be shopping him. I would not be getting your hopes up for much. Another team probably gets him and he turns into another Hartnell and the Preds are left wringing hands saying gosh he did not play enough Trotz defense and make it his number 1 priorty being an offensive minded center/foward.

VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:58 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.