HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

EDM and NAS Wilson

Old
04-03-2012, 07:29 PM
rockinghockey

vCash: 500
EDM and NAS Wilson

EDM could use a young centreman with size to play on the 2nd line behind RNH. What would NAS want for this kid?

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 07:40 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Anything Nashville would want in a deal Edmonton wouldn't part with.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 07:50 PM
NoNecksCurse

a top 6 forward coming back or top 4 defenseman (skill set TBD)... package deal probable

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 08:15 PM
predfan24

I'm not down with trading Wilson until we figure out what's going to happen with the Kostitsyn bros and Radulov. If Willy can't get a top six spot then I'd prob be OK shopping him.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 08:31 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

ooops wrong thread....

ahhh trade wilson?

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 08:41 PM
predwings

You got nothing to offer honestly that we would need. I'd like to shore up our contract situations and see in the off-season what we could get for him if he's still the odd man out of the equation, though I personally believe he should be playing still and sitting him is a bad idea.

predwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 03:04 AM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
I'm not down with trading Wilson until we figure out what's going to happen with the Kostitsyn bros and Radulov. If Willy can't get a top six spot then I'd prob be OK shopping him.
Isn't Sergei at least assumed to be coming back here? He's a RFA so unless a team really feels the need to steal him I would assume he'll be back. Andrei I don't know. Personally I would like to see him stay but every year there are guys that I'd like to see return that ultimately don't and I don't think about it much after they're gone.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 06:59 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Damn...I was enjoying the break of the once daily pissing matches AKA "Edmonton/Nashville proposals".

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 08:09 AM
cjerina

What about Ryan Jones?

cjerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 09:07 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

If we can retain Radulov and AK, I think Smid and a mid-round pick would probably get it done. Otherwise, I think he's unavailable simply out of necessity.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 09:59 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
If we can retain Radulov and AK, I think Smid and a mid-round pick would probably get it done. Otherwise, I think he's unavailable simply out of necessity.
Do you have any idea how well Smid has developed into a top shut down dman and one of the leagues top shot blockers.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 10:23 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Do you have any idea how well Smid has developed into a top shut down dman and one of the leagues top shot blockers.
smid is a top 4, not top 2 right now.. lets wait till next year and grade his play before we overrate him too much. would love to acquire him, though..

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 12:20 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
You may or may not have noticed, but Colin Wilson isn't exactly a chump. The kid has tremendous offensive talent, but defensive deficiencies have kept him out of the lineup.

Smid plays about 21 minutes a night. He's a useful, but not elite defenseman, along the lines of a Johnny Boychuk or a Karl Alzner or a Rob Scuderi.

It's also worth noting, since it was the whole basis of your inquiry, that Wilson is a lousy center. Average on the face-off dot and a very poor positional player. With his size and skill set, he's much better suited to the wing, which is where we have him. I don't see anything less than a second pairing defenseman (which is what Smid is) getting the deal done. Wilson is too good to be sold off for the next Brandon Segal or Simon Gamache.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 09:54 AM
VFL615*

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
You may or may not have noticed, but Colin Wilson isn't exactly a chump. The kid has tremendous offensive talent, but defensive deficiencies have kept him out of the lineup.

Smid plays about 21 minutes a night. He's a useful, but not elite defenseman, along the lines of a Johnny Boychuk or a Karl Alzner or a Rob Scuderi.

It's also worth noting, since it was the whole basis of your inquiry, that Wilson is a lousy center. Average on the face-off dot and a very poor positional player. With his size and skill set, he's much better suited to the wing, which is where we have him. I don't see anything less than a second pairing defenseman (which is what Smid is) getting the deal done. Wilson is too good to be sold off for the next Brandon Segal or Simon Gamache.
Best non rookie NHL player in your lifetime watching the games from the pess box
Not sure of the value of a guy who is not playing for the team who could be shopping him. I would not be getting your hopes up for much. Another team probably gets him and he turns into another Hartnell and the Preds are left wringing hands saying gosh he did not play enough Trotz defense and make it his number 1 priorty being an offensive minded center/foward.

VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote