HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cole and Max says no to tank 5-2 Habs

Old
04-04-2012, 10:36 PM
Habs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenHabz View Post
The 'tanking' in the title of every single PST gets old very fast. Not even funny anymore.
You got that right.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
All I can say is that you've obviously lost your grasp on hockey. You mean to say you want them to tell the team to purposely lose? Pay the head coach 10,000+$ just to play the worse goalie? Some Habs fans have simply lost it.
You're right.

They gonna loose anyway tomorrow nite. They very rarely win two in two nights, especially with Budaj who did not play back to back games this season.

But I would like the Habs to win the final game in Montreal.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
poetryinmotion

Quote:
All I can say is that you've obviously lost your grasp on hockey. You mean to say you want them to tell the team to purposely lose? Pay the head coach 10,000+$ just to play the worse goalie? Some Habs fans have simply lost it.
You have no business saying ANYTHING in this thread, much less to criticize one of our mods after the crap you said in the Leafs tank thread about living on the prayer that the Habs win out and the Leafs lose out so you can end up 4th. Just get out.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 10:42 PM
Teufelsdreck

The Habs spotted them Budaj. They played Bourque and Geoffrion. What more could they have done, rested Cole and Pacioretty?

Teufelsdreck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 10:43 PM
groovejuice

Quote:
Agreed. 'We suck at cheating' is a mantra unworthy of this legendary team.

groovejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 10:46 PM
Et le But

Quote:
It's really sad what this losing has done to some people.

I agree completely; at this point the team is going to have a bad record, you do things like take it overly safe with injuries and play Budaj, maybe play Mayer once to see what happens. To not be happy when guys still show up offensively is very disappointing. I know this win was bad for us, but I still enjoy seeing them dominate. Games aren't isolated, they build on each other.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 10:47 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
You have no business saying ANYTHING in this thread, much less to criticize one of our mods after the crap you said in the Leafs tank thread about living on the prayer that the Habs win out and the Leafs lose out so you can end up 4th. Just get out.
He really said that?

sheed36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 10:48 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
He really said that?
Yup, then he gets on his high horse and comes in here. Hypocrite.

Old
04-04-2012, 11:06 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
It would have been almost impossible to out-tank the Bolts tonight. They were sooo baaaad. 16 shots on net? Are you kidding me? They better play like this tomorrow night in Toronto.

Stamkos missing countless chances in the 2nd when the game was still hanging in the balance. It was almost as if he wanted to reach 60 in his hometown.

Lecavalier a ghost aside from the Budaj set-up. Did Malone even play?

All that firepower and they donít even score a legit goal, ridiculous.

But all of a sudden we start doing the sensible thing and we use our small and mobile defencemen to join the attack? **** off coaching staff. Now we are a good home team that canít lose in regulation and start strong. Budaj, a near guaranteed lock to give up 3 goals most of the season, now is giving up 2 a game in the last 2 games. Infuriating.

Simply put, tomorrow is one of the most important days for this franchise since 1993. I am not joking either. The great thing is we can win and still clinch a top 3 slot in the lottery if we get help. But the way things have been going since the Oilers game on Monday night, I am concerned. It could be the difference between a difference maker or merely a nice player if we stupidly win these 2 final games. I am already ready to concede the #2 pick to EDM, just stay at #3 at least.

If it comes down to Saturday and the situation is either we get the 3rd slot with a loss or could fall to 7th if we win and other teams lose on that day, I may not make it.

If Geoff Molson knows what is right for him, he steps in and demands that Markov is not on the trip to Carolina (Kaberle is said to be possibly ready tomorrow). Long trip down there, 2-3 am arrival at the hotel, 2nd game in 24 hours, why take the risk? He should also guarantee RC a nice little 5 figure bonus if he starts Mayer.
I need not look further for a post that captures my state of mind

Is it not crazy that in this season that reeks of failure, the franchise's destiny might be thwarted by a singular win. Even a point is detrimental. As much as we can't allow match-fixing and all that, it seems like if you even had half a brain as the head of this organization (I hope Molson cares about this draft at least as much as we on a message board do!) you could find a way to get your LOSS (not win, LOSS!)

Starting Meyer would be the smart thing. It's a back to back. I couldn't care less if people complain. If the leafs aren't going to get fined, why should we, picking up points left right and center.

If this isn't something being discussed amongst the brass right now, even for academic value, we are doomed.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 11:09 PM
Et le But

Quote:
When was this? I just looked at his post history for all of 2012 and there's not a single post in that thread, let alone what you are accusing him of.

I really hope you aren't making things up to slander other posters.

Old
04-04-2012, 11:09 PM
JohnLennon

Quote:
What in the WORLD are you talking about? You have me mistaken for someone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
You're right.

They gonna loose anyway tomorrow nite. They very rarely win two in two nights, especially with Budaj who did not play back to back games this season.

But I would like the Habs to win the final game in Montreal.
I would like them to win both remaining games of the season, but knowing our luck you could be right and we could be losing tomorrow. All I want to see is effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
When was this? I just looked at his post history for all of 2012 and there's not a single post in that thread, let alone what you are accusing him of.
I'm as lost as you are, because I have absolutely no clue what in the world he is talking about. He obviously has me confused with another poster and overreacted... badly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
He really said that?
Check my post history, check anything. I don't even know what thread he is referring to. I rarely post outside of the Habs forum anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejuice View Post
Agreed. 'We suck at cheating' is a mantra unworthy of this legendary team.
This is correct, thank you for agreeing with me

Last edited by JohnLennon: 04-04-2012 at 11:25 PM.
JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 11:10 PM
wedge

surround this Cole-MaxPAc-Desharnais unit with decent players and watch out next year.

Exactly why I don't want us to tank next year. We have a team able to compete with anyone next year.

wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 11:13 PM
habtastic

Quote:
1) he's not being exactly serious about paying off RC
2) if we pick 8th after potentially picking 2nd before the last 3 games of the ********* season of our lives and you can't see a way to set us up for ONE, just ONE loss, I think you might have lost your grasp on the very real ramifications of this situation. Want more Olť? Find a way to lose.

Old
04-04-2012, 11:14 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
A better title would've been: Cole and Max say thanks but no tanks 5-2 Habs
I like that one

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 11:16 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge View Post
surround this Cole-MaxPAc-Desharnais unit with decent players and watch out next year.

Exactly why I don't want us to tank next year. We have a team able to compete with anyone next year.
We need to add at least another offensive line

You can't win on only 1

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 11:17 PM
habtastic

[QUOTE=Et le But;47317737]It's really sad what this losing has done to some people.

I agree completely; at this point the team is going to have a bad record, you do things like take it overly safe with injuries and play Budaj, maybe play Mayer once to see what happens. To not be happy when guys still show up offensively is very disappointing. I know this win was bad for us, but I still enjoy seeing them dominate. Games aren't isolated, they build on each other.[/QUOTE]

you're right, tonight's game = making the playoffs for years to come

It's nice to see them show up offensively, but you have heard of the concept of a big picture right? I would rather see us lighting it up in the SC finals some day. Not that this draft is going to ensure that, but it will definitely help.

Seguin on Boston
Stamkos on TB
Tavares in NYI

Tell me that those teams should have one whatever number of games to have avoided picking those players and that it would have made them better than drafting those guys

Also for all the bestest Habs fans saying how we should win otherwise it is an embarrassment to this proud franchise: Where have you been all season? THAT was the time to be winners. I just got back from Boston today and believe me, I want a Cup far more than anyone right now for obvious reasons. I do NOT value tomorrow's win as anything special for the franchise. I want a Cup. Please tell me you are sane enough to recognize that just saying you love the Habs a lot so we should win WHILE IN 15th PLACE does not in fact represent a greater appreciation of this team. It represents either shortsightedness or a genuine disregard for improving the team in a way we never get to. We know Cole and co. are good. We knew this ages ago. Can we please either get Pleks a winger or draft a potential elite forward? Is that really too much to ask? I also want to hammer the leafs on Saturday. First clinch top 5.

Last edited by habtastic: 04-04-2012 at 11:26 PM.
Old
04-04-2012, 11:17 PM
poetryinmotion

I checked and that wasn't you JohnLennon, wow that's pretty bad of me. Your avatar threw me off I thought you were some Leafs fan. I sincerely apologize... and uhhh, I must drink less during games.

Old
04-04-2012, 11:23 PM
JohnLennon

Quote:
I checked and that wasn't you JohnLennon, wow that's pretty bad of me. Your avatar threw me off I thought you were some Leafs fan. I sincerely apologize... and uhhh, I must drink less during games.
Thank you for admitting your mistake, it's cool buddy

Just try not to overreact next time the way you did!

Old
04-04-2012, 11:24 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Thank you for admitting your mistake, it's cool buddy

Just try not to overreact next time the way you did!
I blame this season I am terrible.

Old
04-04-2012, 11:25 PM
JohnLennon

Quote:
I blame this season I am terrible.
Ha! Trust me, this season is making all of us go crazy!

Old
04-04-2012, 11:27 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
you're right, tonight's game = making the playoffs for years to come

It's nice to see them show up offensively, but you have heard of the concept of a big picture right? I would rather see us lighting it up in the SC finals some day. Not that this draft is going to ensure that, but it will definitely help.

Seguin on Boston
Stamkos on TB
Tavares in NYI

Tell me that those teams should have one whatever number of games to have avoided picking those players and that it would have made them better than drafting those guys
Seguin isn't really a good example, for one thing Boston would be a good team with or without him, second of all the player the Bruins flipped to rip off the Leafs and get him was a 5th pick. At this point even if we win all our remaining games, it's unlikely we will drop below 5th.

Second of all, even with multiple lotto picks, both Tampa and the Islanders are missing the playoffs again.

Third, even if we draft second, we aren't getting a can't miss prospect like Tavares or Stamkos. The biggest reason for wanting to get a better pick at this point for me is a greater chance to draft Yakupov, and even then it's going to come down to blind luck. The other three top forwards in this draft may be franchise players, but they also have bust potential. Sadly we aren't drafting Tavares.

In an ideal world we will lose the remaining games, but they will be close. I'm not saying a winning streak is the answer, but I'd rather see these guys finish the season with pride than get humiliated in the remaining games. These things do take their toll.

Chances are, no matter who we draft, the impact of that player on the team next year will be negligible at best.

Old
04-04-2012, 11:27 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Ha! Trust me, this season is making all of us go crazy!
Trust me, we lose tomorrow and win against the Leafs and EVERYONE will be on the same page!

Old
04-04-2012, 11:31 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Good on ya for manning up about your mistake..

The Habs really need to lose tomorrows game to take the edge off everyone here..

sheed36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 11:32 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Trust me, we lose tomorrow and win against the Leafs and EVERYONE will be on the same page!
As much as I would like a W against the them, I want the leafs to pick as high possible...

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 11:38 PM
JohnLennon

Quote:
Yes, as long as we beat the Leafs I'm okay And so is everyone else