*OFFICIAL* Mississauga St. Michael's Majors 2011-12 Season Thread

Old
04-02-2012, 09:59 PM
chewerjones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer14 View Post
yeha I know, I feel like I have a decent handle on the draft

Just tellin; yah what I think...no worries...

I just find that teams put rumours out like this to try and scare teams into going D "before they are all gone" so their guy slips....
I see your point, but at the end of the day, there really arent too many dmen that can go in the first 2 rounds. As we know, it takes D longer to develop.

chewerjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 11:08 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer14 View Post
They are looking at desousa I think for more the 28th pick than the 11th
DeSousa won't pass the first round.

NHL Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 08:55 AM
chewerjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
DeSousa won't pass the first round.
The way things are going, he may get into the top 12-15

chewerjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 09:47 AM
wikiwikiwiki

Great season, Solid base on D for next year. Goaltending might be an issue.

Hopefully they pick up a pure goal scorer in the draft..but it seems you guys think they are going the D route?

wikiwikiwiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 10:57 AM
mcreferee

Fantastic game last night. That overtime was end to end...best game of the year. Too bad we came out on the losing end...personally think we deserved a better fate. Congrats to Barrie on the series win...best of luck against Ottawa.

Want to say thanks to Wise, Corrente and Maxwell. May they have success wherever they land. I'd really like to say that Maxwell could have pouted after his trade from Sarnia, but he should be proud of how he played down the stretch. He really picked up the team and carried them when they needed it.

For next year...other than losing the OA's, just about everyone returns. By position (according to the OHL website roster) we return
C - Kontos, Foy, Rasmussen, and Kopstals
LW - Brace (OA), Burnside, Cobbold, Harvey and Syrette
RW - Teskey, Kuptsov, Goldberg
D - Percy, DeMelo, Carrick, Diodati, Cord (OA), Graves and Duhaime
G - Martin

Obvious need is a goaltender to backup or share duties with Martin. Haven't included Partanen as its unusual for a team to carry an import OA. However, he really came on when put on the line with Brace and Wise...maybe he deserves a chance to return...we could use his offense. Otherwise we add to the lineup a new import pick, our 1st and 2nd choices and we have at least one OA spot that can be filled. This team should be able to finish mid-pack next year without much difficulty...looking forward to seeing what next year brings.

mcreferee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 01:54 PM
Torts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcreferee View Post
Fantastic game last night. That overtime was end to end...best game of the year. Too bad we came out on the losing end...personally think we deserved a better fate. Congrats to Barrie on the series win...best of luck against Ottawa.

Want to say thanks to Wise, Corrente and Maxwell. May they have success wherever they land. I'd really like to say that Maxwell could have pouted after his trade from Sarnia, but he should be proud of how he played down the stretch. He really picked up the team and carried them when they needed it.

For next year...other than losing the OA's, just about everyone returns. By position (according to the OHL website roster) we return
C - Kontos, Foy, Rasmussen, and Kopstals
LW - Brace (OA), Burnside, Cobbold, Harvey and Syrette
RW - Teskey, Kuptsov, Goldberg
D - Percy, DeMelo, Carrick, Diodati, Cord (OA), Graves and Duhaime
G - Martin

Obvious need is a goaltender to backup or share duties with Martin. Haven't included Partanen as its unusual for a team to carry an import OA. However, he really came on when put on the line with Brace and Wise...maybe he deserves a chance to return...we could use his offense. Otherwise we add to the lineup a new import pick, our 1st and 2nd choices and we have at least one OA spot that can be filled. This team should be able to finish mid-pack next year without much difficulty...looking forward to seeing what next year brings.
i have to agree with you on all accounts, the way the young guys played down the stretch i have alot of optimism going into next season

only thing tho is i do believe Partanan will be back, if he plays like he did this year i flly agree with keeping him and using an OA and Import spot.

i would contemplate trading our import pick to a team who needs one and look into maybe acquiring a 93 or 94 born goalie to split time with Martin

as for D i think we are good, unless Percy has a unreal training camp he should be back with the team next year, plus any Dmen we pick in the draft

offense will be another "by committee" year as everyone will be relied upon to chip in. hopefully the young forwards take a step and are ready to answer the bell.

im emotionally hurt a little bit seeing brandon, jamie and david go but i have alot of excitement heading into the offseason

Torts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 12:08 AM
NHL Fanatic

Fantastic final game by the Majors, they played very well especially for a team that is rebuilding. Mississauga should have a shake up this summer. They can't afford to go into next year with the same team. Top priorities for them is to find another goaltender as stated, and forwards. Brace scored a high percentages of their goals, after him and Mika there is a huge drop off. I'd expect Boyd to make some moves this summer, its a MUST!

On another note I believe Spencer Martin was selected to participate in the upcoming U18 tournament.

Last edited by NHL Fanatic: 04-04-2012 at 07:21 AM.
Old
04-04-2012, 08:29 AM
Torts

Quote:
Fantastic final game by the Majors, they played very well especially for a team that is rebuilding. Mississauga should have a shake up this summer. They can't afford to go into next year with the same team. Top priorities for them is to find another goaltender as stated, and forwards. Brace scored a high percentages of their goals, after him and Mika there is a huge drop off. I'd expect Boyd to make some moves this summer, its a MUST!

On another note I believe Spencer Martin was selected to participate in the upcoming U18 tournament.
Martin and Carrick should represent Canada

and Kuptsov should be there for Russia as well

Torts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 11:44 AM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torts View Post
Martin and Carrick should represent Canada

and Kuptsov should be there for Russia as well
Martin was selected for sure. Not sure about the other two. Percy was also called up to the Marlies.

Old
04-04-2012, 12:01 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Martin was selected for sure. Not sure about the other two. Percy was also called up to the Marlies.
Not doubting you, but Id be surprised if he was. Altshuller and Murray seem to be more qualified candidates. Well see.

Tigers1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 03:11 PM
Racer14
Always Watching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers1992 View Post
Not doubting you, but Id be surprised if he was. Altshuller and Murray seem to be more qualified candidates. Well see.
MArtin has been invited....they fly out tomorrow.

Racer14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 05:38 PM
NHL Fanatic

Press Release

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/a...mpionship-team

Old
04-04-2012, 10:42 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Good call

Tigers1992 is offline   Reply With Quote