HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Carter Day to Day - Ankle

Old
04-04-2012, 11:03 PM
sponfit

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Watching Clippers / Lakers, and guess who's in attendance?

I missed it, buy my son caught it. We rewound it, and there is Jeff Carter in the front row...he says Mike Richards is next to him.

My son says to me "Why the **** can't he play, if he is attending a basketball game?"

Good question.
yeah cause playing hockey is the same as sitting on you a$$ and watching a b-ball game

sponfit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 11:08 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by sponfit View Post
yeah cause playing hockey is the same as sitting on you a$$ and watching a b-ball game
Late to the party.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 11:21 PM
KingLB

Quote:
I think you guys are really misunderstanding what I am trying to say, so I'm just going to give it up.
I think you're the one missing what everyone else is trying to say, he is sitting in a chair watching a game. He would be doing the same thing if he was at home no? So whats the problem? He isn't riding jetski's or snowboarding or jumping on a trampoline or making foot fetish vids with LBFF....he is sitting in a chair. (though that may be an option for the vids as well....)

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 11:28 PM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

Quote:
Personally, my feeling is he should be resting at home. Otherwise, lace them up tomorrow.
Are you for real?

savemefromtears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 11:29 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
I think you're the one missing what everyone else is trying to say, he is sitting in a chair watching a game. He would be doing the same thing if he was at home no? So whats the problem? He isn't riding jetski's or snowboarding or jumping on a trampoline or making foot fetish vids with LBFF....he is sitting in a chair. (though that may be an option for the vids as well....)
Guess he will be sleeping at Staples Center.

Old
04-04-2012, 11:30 PM
TonySCV
One More Time

He's got a foot bruise. He's not bed-ridden.

Not good if you play hockey. Fine if you want to attend a sporting event.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 11:35 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
He's got a foot bruise. He's not bed-ridden.

Not good if you play hockey. Fine if you want to attend a sporting event.
Yup, guess there is just a difference between a gamer like Kobe Bryant, who plays through really tough injuries, and Jeff Carter, who is well enough to attend a basketball game but not lacing up the shoes?

Look, I love the guy and the energy he's brought to the Kings, but isn't this the very thing that he's been accused of in Philly? We have already seen some posters come in here (and other sites) saying things like "Same old Carter. Get used to it."

Perhaps the Kings would be doing him a favor by telling us exactly when we can expect him back in the lineup. It's not like the Sharks don't suspect he will be in the last game in San Jose if necessary...but showing up at a Clippers' game is not going to help his reputation any.

Old
04-04-2012, 11:43 PM
Mattias

Quote:
...Personally, my feeling is he should be resting at home. Otherwise, lace them up tomorrow.
I sincerely hope you are not a boss or manager of a company.

"Unless you're puking at home and too sick to get out of bed, get to work on the double."

Let the guy heal, he needs it.

Mattias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 11:55 PM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

I just hope he doesn't drag Richards to wingman him at Yardhouse after the game

Seventyx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 12:01 AM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventyx7 View Post
I just hope he doesn't drag Richards to wingman him at Yardhouse after the game
Can't think of any other reason to be getting the midday tan on

(unless they were subtly trying to impress their neighbor :O)

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 12:12 AM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Quote:
Yup, guess there is just a difference between a gamer like Kobe Bryant, who plays through really tough injuries, and Jeff Carter, who is well enough to attend a basketball game but not lacing up the shoes?

Look, I love the guy and the energy he's brought to the Kings, but isn't this the very thing that he's been accused of in Philly? We have already seen some posters come in here (and other sites) saying things like "Same old Carter. Get used to it."

Perhaps the Kings would be doing him a favor by telling us exactly when we can expect him back in the lineup. It's not like the Sharks don't suspect he will be in the last game in San Jose if necessary...but showing up at a Clippers' game is not going to help his reputation any.
What are you talking about? Jesus. There is nothing wrong with going to the game. Nothing.

DocWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 12:14 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
This is Hollywood. Can't Mr. Miyagi do that thing with his hands and fix Carter-san?

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 12:17 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWest View Post
What are you talking about? Jesus. There is nothing wrong with going to the game. Nothing.
There is nothing right about it either.

04-05-2012, 12:17 AM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWest View Post
I know. Not like he was out throwing basketballs. Or was he? it's a trap.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 12:18 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

If hes watching a basketball game, in person, that sounds like he is being punished for missing games

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 12:22 AM
TonySCV
One More Time

Quote:

"Same old Carter" referred to his history of foot / lower body injuries, not any sort of laziness you are implying.

I don't want to get in to a physician level of dissertation on deep bone bruises, but they cause a lot of swelling. Until that swelling dissipates, he literally can't play. Players wear their skates tight. It would cause tremendous pain. Pain that is vastly reduced when there is no pressure on the foot - hence the walking boot or loose sneakers.

He's not experiencing massive pain walking and doing normal activities like taking in a ball game. Strap a tight ice skate on his foot and he'd be in far more pain.

That's why people think you're out to lunch on this.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 12:23 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
it's a trap.

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 12:53 AM
The Butcher
Gutless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
I laughed pretty good at this.

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 01:40 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
I think my son's point (and I have to agree) is if he is feeling well enough to attend a game rather then resting that valuable ankle at home and keeping the weight off of it then maybe he is more ready to play then was previously indicated.

Personally, my feeling is he should be resting at home. Otherwise, lace them up tomorrow.
I see what your saying but have to disagree. What these adults do with their free time is up to them (within contractual limits) and if JC is well enough to attend a sporting event then why not take it as a good sign that he might be getting allot better?

Here is something else to consider, you have to think that the team provided them with tickets to the game and might have even encouraged them and others to attend. Beyond that I can see why you guys would be concerned but these are adults making decisions and as long as what they do doesn't cause them to miss living up to their contractual obligations then it should all be good.

I would bet that JC got his foot/ankle checked out by a doctor at least once before going to the Laker game and would also bet there was some sort of conversation about how much activity he should allow his injured areas to receive.

I guess I see it as a non issue sort of thing but still think your pov is just as valid. We don't have to agree on everything and it is cool that your kid is able to pick the boys out from the tv at a basketball game.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 01:47 AM
unhinged97

Quote:
Platinum.

unhinged97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 01:59 AM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:

I love the armchair gms on this site. You talk as if you know the full extent of his injury and what they are like.

DryIslandBartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 02:15 AM
LAKingsDru

what's the difference of him walking from his car to the Tsc locker room than from his car to his seat? Or sitting there watching the game than at home?

Last edited by TonySCV: 04-05-2012 at 10:30 AM. Reason: disparaging remarks removed
LAKingsDru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 02:51 AM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

Quote:
Quoted one more time for the win!

savemefromtears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 03:51 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

I dont want to skim through the old messages so Is carts playing today or not?

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 04:11 AM
topliner967

Nope. http://lakingsinsider.com/2012/04/04...ice-update-29/

topliner967 is offline   Reply With Quote