HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2012 2.0

View Poll Results: Would you do the trade?
Do the deal 12 24.00%
Not interested 22 44.00%
Hold out for more 16 32.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
03-30-2012, 12:09 PM
Bieber fever

vCash: 500
rather Erik Gudbranson than Huberdeau

Old
03-30-2012, 12:58 PM
KBstyle

hahah my bad, don't know why i tought its has only 4 year left heheh, damn simulated league.

Old
04-01-2012, 04:23 PM
Bieber fever

Kaberle + for Havlat ?

Old
04-01-2012, 08:06 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Such a big frame...

Stamkos is helped a little by his trainers and team officials, size wize. He's a hell of a player, but skinny. And it doesn't matter how skinny you are when you're talented, the best player of all time was a toothpick.

As for you're original post, you never said it was because the trade was bad, but because we would be too small at the centre position, which I replied, it doesn't matter if we're taking about elite talent.

I don't like the proposal either, but I would love to add Huberdeau.

Edit : Actually, I like that trade, but we should remove our 2nd round pick and they should add one.
The best player of all time was Jean Beliveau and he was never a toothpick,I guess you're to young to remember him.Gretzky was great,but Beliveau was Beautiful,fluid in motion and controlled the pace of the game and admired by his peers.

Old
04-01-2012, 10:02 PM
OneSharpMarble

How much would it take to move from 2nd to 1st?

I think it is a given Columbus doesn't want Yakupov, if we give them a guarantee we aren't taking who they do want and maybe grease the wheels with something I think it could easily get done. Only question is how much?

Old
04-01-2012, 11:07 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post

I think it is a given Columbus doesn't want Yakupov, if we give them a guarantee we aren't taking who they do want and maybe grease the wheels with something I think it could easily get done. Only question is how much?
Sign me up for this.

We'll have to see how everything plays out but I would definitely be in favour of doing this. I'd do a 2nd and a 5th or a decent prospect - not Tinordi, Beaulieu Geoffrion or Bournival.

Old
04-02-2012, 06:57 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post

If Clb has the 1st pick and we have the one right under it knowing they don't want Yakupov, why would we do the switch in the 1st place?

Old
04-02-2012, 07:41 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
If Clb has the 1st pick and we have the one right under it knowing they don't want Yakupov, why would we do the switch in the 1st place?
Exactly but I assume he meant we would be drafting 3rd or 4th would make more sense

Old
04-02-2012, 07:42 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
So someone else doesnt trade for #1

Old
04-05-2012, 03:44 AM
Beendair Donedat

I'd really like Mark MacNeil from the Blackhawks. I think he'd be a great center prospect and would form a solid group of centers for the Habs. Move Plekanec for MacNeil and a draft pick at the draft. Draft Galchenyuk.

Habs would have two blue chip center prospects, two more young centers in Eller and Desharnais. One more bad year lands us MacKinnon and we are set for a decade.

Old
04-05-2012, 06:51 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
I'd really like Mark MacNeil from the Blackhawks. I think he'd be a great center prospect and would form a solid group of centers for the Habs. Move Plekanec for MacNeil and a draft pick at the draft. Draft Galchenyuk.

Habs would have two blue chip center prospects, two more young centers in Eller and Desharnais. One more bad year lands us MacKinnon and we are set for a decade.
Mcniell for Plekanec is a proposal that's been discussed for over a year now ad is just too logical at
this point not to happen. Getting Morrison was a band-aid trade which I doubt the Hawks will want to make year after year and Sharp needs to play with Kane and Toews.

Old
04-05-2012, 06:56 AM
EllertoKostitsynGoal

Quote:
Mcniell for Plekanec is a proposal that's been discussed for over a year now ad is just too logical at
this point not to happen. Getting Morrison was a band-aid trade which I doubt the Hawks will want to make year after year and Sharp needs to play with Kane and Toews.
Timmins didn't like Mcneil during the draft so I don't see the logic in trading our best center for him.

Old
04-05-2012, 06:58 AM
HabsSlappy

Quote:
I would try to find a way to get Saad instead, but that would be a tough sell.

Old
04-05-2012, 01:49 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsSlappy View Post
I would try to find a way to get Saad instead, but that would be a tough sell.
I never want to call a prospect not drafted top 5 untouchable but Saad is pretty much that to Hawks

Doubt they would trade him ,, Bowman's love the kid and he made good impression on Q/Fans/Players with his camp and his taste of NHL (2 games as a Hawk at start of season)

Old
04-05-2012, 01:54 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

Yeah cause new GM's coming in want to finish bottom 5.

Old
04-05-2012, 03:59 PM
Beendair Donedat

The new GM coming in would be given a 3 year period to implement "his" plan for the team. If it takes two bad years, for ten great years, I'm more than willing to make that sacrifice. The rebuild is upon us, we need to do this right to ensure future success.

Old
04-05-2012, 04:12 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
McNeill and a pick is selling Pleks a bit short. I'd probably go for him, Beach and a 1st to start with.

Old
04-05-2012, 04:58 PM
Beendair Donedat

I was thinking McNeil and either a first or Beach. I doubt we get alot more than that from the Hawks.

Old
04-05-2012, 05:13 PM
Corncob

Quote:
The new GM coming in would be given a 3 year period to implement "his" plan for the team. If it takes two bad years, for ten great years, I'm more than willing to make that sacrifice. The rebuild is upon us, we need to do this right to ensure future success.
I'm sure Pierre Gauthier will be heartened to hear that he has until next February to implement his plan for the team...

Old
04-05-2012, 05:54 PM
Beendair Donedat

Gauthier was running the show before he was officially given the reins of power. He didn't have as long of a leash accordingly. It's a completely different scenario because it's a wholesale change this time around. Plus Gauthier's moves were "not good" at best.

Old
04-06-2012, 12:17 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

vCash: 50
If we move up to #2 I would trade our first with TO for Schenn and their first in a heart beat. The kid has 300 games under his belt and he's not 23 yet. I'd consider it even if we had to pick fifth. Compare him to our not quite 23 year old on our roster and imagine them playing for the next 10 years. Nevermind his deficiencies, coaching and playing with guys like Markov and Gorges will fix that.

Old
04-06-2012, 11:59 AM
NH57
Habs 4 Life

Would you guys trade Leblanc and Emelin for Scott Hartnell?

Old
04-06-2012, 01:29 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
If we move up to #2 I would trade our first with TO for Schenn and their first in a heart beat. The kid has 300 games under his belt and he's not 23 yet. I'd consider it even if we had to pick fifth. Compare him to our not quite 23 year old on our roster and imagine them playing for the next 10 years. Nevermind his deficiencies, coaching and playing with guys like Markov and Gorges will fix that.
We would probably have to add a 2nd but I could see that type of deal happening. Burke absolutely needs to get a center and he's not shy about making trades. There will still be something decent available to pick from.

I would rather trade up for Yakupov but failing that I would be okay with doing this. I waffle about Schenn because he looks completely lost a lot out there but I think he's done in TO and they will have a hard time getting a decent centre by trade.

Old
04-06-2012, 02:21 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
We would probably have to add a 2nd but I could see that type of deal happening. Burke absolutely needs to get a center and he's not shy about making trades. There will still be something decent available to pick from.

I would rather trade up for Yakupov but failing that I would be okay with doing this. I waffle about Schenn because he looks completely lost a lot out there but I think he's done in TO and they will have a hard time getting a decent centre by trade.
Barring that, I would swap picks with TO for Ross. I've got a soft spot for him and would love his truculence on our third line.

Old
04-07-2012, 10:07 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
Barring that, I would swap picks with TO for Ross. I've got a soft spot for him and would love his truculence on our third line.
We all got our soft spots for some players, but he's a bottom 6 agitator. Could become more, but it's not likely.

What about trading Habs 2nd, 33rd overall (I'm not aware of any compensatory picks) + habs 3rd for a late first (27thish) to grab Wilson, or would it be better to target Frk if still available because his potential is (or from what I've read) fairly high ?

Closed Thread