HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > All Time Draft
All Time Draft Fantasy league where players of the past and present meet.

ATD Chat Room V (all non-ATD topics here)

Closed Thread

Old
04-04-2012, 08:30 PM
Nalyd Psycho

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
Baseball is a great sport, I know if we had a team in Vancouver it would be very popular. I'm really looking forward to see how the Blue Jays do this year, they have the goods.
I'd love to see a team in Surrey.

04-04-2012, 08:58 PM
arrbez
bad chi

Send a message via MSN to arrbez
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchBrawl View Post
They destroyed the team , does the name Jeffrey Loria rings a bell to you?
I know what happened there. Scrimping on salary, the new stadium that never was, english broadcast rights, underhanded ownership swap, etc. A total debacle. But at the same time, does the MLB care about the circumstances? The bottom line is, nobody was going to the games, and that began even before the **** really hit the fan in the early 2000's. I can't see the MLB ever going back there, unfortunately. And between the way the Expos and Grizzlies died, I wonder if the MLB will ever give Vancouver a serious look too. I think Vancouver would do well personally, but I'm sure an awful lot of the USA sees Canadian teams the same way a lot of Canada sees the sunbelt teams in the NHL.

Last edited by arrbez: 04-04-2012 at 09:04 PM.
Old
04-04-2012, 09:03 PM
arrbez
bad chi

Quote:
You can actually see my house in this picture below the Olympic stadium

The spot without light above the Stadium is the Parc Maisonneuve , a mini central park or something like this but it is quite big in reality.And to the right there's another smaller spot without light behind the two olympic pyramids that looks like triangles (which are now appartments buildings) , it's a Par 3 golf course.

Aside from the occasional Als playoff game, what actually goes on in Olympic Stadium now?

Old
04-04-2012, 09:04 PM
Jafar
Keep it logical

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrbez View Post
Aside from the occasional Als playoff game, what actually goes on in Olympic Stadium now?
Teenagers drinks beers on the site.

There's the biodome close to it you can see it on the picture , there's of course a lot of olympic installation like a very nice swimming pool , a very deep pool where you can practice scuba diving , there's obviously a lot of gyms to play multiple sports , there's also the occassional show like motocross or monster trucks , but overall the baseball stadium per say is empty except the occassional show.It's also a very nice structure to see in the sky and in the Montreal overview.The Saputo stadium is also on the site for L'Impact de Montreal ( MLS ).

But you know , all of these installations are nice , but could have cost around 1/30000 the price it cost us and take 1/30 of the space it takes.The fact is people wanted a baseball stadium in downtown Montreal , the Olympic is in the east side of the city , personally I don't understand this factor , there's a very large population here so I don't know what's the problem about the neiborhood.The damn roof was a real joke though.

Last edited by Jafar: 04-04-2012 at 09:14 PM.
Old
04-04-2012, 09:09 PM
Velociraptor
Nucks future 1C??

Quote:
anybody else watching the masters this week? I never miss it , this tournament is great , especially on TV with less long distance shot and more short game.

Who are you guys rooting for? For me it's Mickelson.
I like watching Grand Slam Tennis (Australian Open in particular) but I'd say I will watch some of the Masters this weekend, going to Florida tomorrow for a week of vacation and any time not spent out in the sun I'll be watching golf. I'm a supporter of Rory, and I hope he does some damage this weekend also because my other favorite golfer, Dustin Johnson just withdrew from the tournament.

Old
04-04-2012, 09:09 PM
Velociraptor
Nucks future 1C??

Quote:
You can actually see my house in this picture below the Olympic stadium

The spot without light above the Stadium is the Parc Maisonneuve , a mini central park or something like this but it is quite big in reality.And to the right there's another smaller spot without light behind the two olympic pyramids that looks like triangles (which are now appartments buildings) , it's a Par 3 golf course.

What's the area like, Reen?

Old
04-04-2012, 09:32 PM
Jafar
Keep it logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor View Post
What's the area like, Reen?
The area above the stadium (and the park) is Rosemont , a very nice neiborhood.Rosemont is very french compared to other areas of the city though.

The area above Rosemont , like the very small lights that you see at the top of the picture , is St-Leonard , another great neiborhood but very different from Rosemont.There's a lot of Italians in St-Leonard , and english and french are probably 50/50 in this neiborhood , compared to 90/10 french for Rosemont.The Italians are a big reason why , there's also a lot of arabs in this area , but the two areas are very close to each other.Both are quite expensive areas.

The area below the Stadium is Hochelaga , but only a very small part of it.Hochelaga goes far more left of the picture , and Hochelaga is more ghetto than the two other neiborhood I mentionned.Below the Stadium the area is quite nice and not really ghetto anymore , it's not what it used to be and condos are popping everywhere , so basically the more ghetto part of it is not in the picture but on the left of it , and even then you won't mix it for the Bronx , it's really not that bad , but there's definitely prostitutes walking around and more drug dealers and typical welfare families , but in the last 10-15 years it became a lot better , a lot of people from a lot of financial class lives in Hochelaga nowadays.It's a living neiborhood.Hochelaga is also a lot more french than english.A lot of 20s people are living there so it's a good neiborhood to live in if you're a 20-40 guy that speak french.

I could also talk about other neiborhood , but they aren't in the picture or are very far in it , like Montreal-Nord above St-Leonard at the very very top of the picture , which is a ghetto but different from Hochelaga , in Hochelaga it's a very french-canadian neiborhood , in Montreal-Nord there's a very high number of Haitien or other black people from other origins.

Except St-Leonard , any neiborhood in the picture or right of the picture is more french , this is the east part of Montreal.If you would go left of the picture , you would start to see Downtown after the ghetto part of Hochelaga and even more at the left is where the english neiborhoods are in general , but there's always exceptions.Montreal is quite weird.

Last edited by Jafar: 04-04-2012 at 09:48 PM.
Old
04-04-2012, 10:30 PM
jarek

Quote:
The beginning of Brett Lawrie's 162 game homer streak is just one day away.

Prepare yourselves, gentlemen. My personal Brett Lawrie bromance knows no bounds.

We can only hope.

Old
04-04-2012, 10:50 PM
vecens24

LOL at that picture Lawrie, arrbez. If he breaks out as expected you might actually have reason to change your iconic avatar of Sundin and Belfour.

Yeah I'm pretty much a massive baseball fan. Have MLBTV, watch almost every Pirate game plus many more every year. Pretty pumped for this season.

Same way with The Masters. Pretty much after I finish my first Portuguese exam in over a year tomorrow, this weekend will become a drunken rampage of me probably not being sober for over 70 hours lol. Too much exciting stuff going on this weekend. I've already got the 12 pack of Rolling Rock in the fridge for tomorrow night before I go to the bar. I can't say I'm partial to anyone winning The Masters as of now. Any of the Donald, Westwood, Kaymer triumvirate would probably be my favorite, but I won't be opposed to seeing any of Woods, Mickelson, or McIlroy pull off the W.

Old
04-04-2012, 10:56 PM
Jafar
Keep it logical

The only thing I do not want to see is a complete unknown winning , it's just boring.

Old
04-04-2012, 11:37 PM
Nalyd Psycho

I just realized he's Edward 40hands...

Old
04-04-2012, 11:49 PM
Hawkman

Quote:
I know what happened there. Scrimping on salary, the new stadium that never was, english broadcast rights, underhanded ownership swap, etc. A total debacle. But at the same time, does the MLB care about the circumstances? The bottom line is, nobody was going to the games, and that began even before the **** really hit the fan in the early 2000's. I can't see the MLB ever going back there, unfortunately. And between the way the Expos and Grizzlies died, I wonder if the MLB will ever give Vancouver a serious look too. I think Vancouver would do well personally, but I'm sure an awful lot of the USA sees Canadian teams the same way a lot of Canada sees the sunbelt teams in the NHL.
Agreed with all this. Also some Americans don't want to live there and it's bad for them tax wise. MLB and the NBA are not coming back.

Old
04-04-2012, 11:56 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 8400
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalyd Psycho View Post
Edward 40 hand.

Old
04-05-2012, 01:34 AM
Nalyd Psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyShoe1721 View Post
Edward 40 hand.
True...

Old
04-05-2012, 07:37 AM
arrbez
bad chi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalyd Psycho View Post
Brett Lawrie is literally the biggest Bro on the planet. I bet he has an entire closet full of Affliction shirts, and a dedicated Red Bull cooler in his room.

Old
04-07-2012, 08:41 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

Old
04-07-2012, 08:48 PM
Hawkey Town 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
Pretty impressive, the 3 teams right after them are all from the dead puck era, which IMO puts this year's team even further ahead.

Old
04-07-2012, 08:49 PM
Jafar
Keep it logical

My chicken wings just tasted so much better when Malkin scored his 50th goals.

It's always irritating when you look player's stats to see 49 goals or 99 pts , but I admit the worst irritating statistic of hockey is Mario's 199 pts.

Old
04-07-2012, 08:52 PM
Hawkey Town 18

Quote:
My chicken wings just tasted so much better when Malkin scored his 50th goals.

It's always irritating when you look player's stats to see 49 goals or 99 pts , but I admit the worst irritating statistic of hockey is Mario's 199 pts.
Good for both him and Stamkos for hitting the 50 and 60 marks respectively.

Old
04-07-2012, 08:54 PM
Jafar
Keep it logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkey Town 18 View Post
Good for both him and Stamkos for hitting the 50 and 60 marks respectively.
Oh he did? I was out for an hour or so , good.I love it.

Always rooting for the top guys to reach ''important'' plateaux.

Old
04-07-2012, 09:13 PM
Hawkey Town 18

Are team hits recorded? If so, where can I find this on nhl.com?

Old
04-07-2012, 09:32 PM
Jafar
Keep it logical

I just found out that Anchorman 2 was confirmed by Will Ferrell , great news for the Ferrell fans , by far his best movie.

Old
04-07-2012, 10:01 PM
Dreakmur

Quote:
I just found out that Anchorman 2 was confirmed by Will Ferrell , great news for the Ferrell fans , by far his best movie.
Let's make a baby!

Old
04-07-2012, 10:19 PM
overpass

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
And they led the league in shorthanded goals. Just ridiculous. Who would have thought that arguably the best PK group ever would prominently feature Ilya Kovalchuk? Not me.

Old
04-07-2012, 10:24 PM
Dreakmur

Quote:
Originally Posted by overpass View Post
And they led the league in shorthanded goals. Just ridiculous. Who would have thought that arguably the best PK group ever would prominently feature Ilya Kovalchuk? Not me.
He's always been capable.... just never really willing

Closed Thread