HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Would a 4 seed have been better?

Old
04-04-2012, 07:19 PM
Cake or Death

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
it's entirely possible the rangers could be out in the first round. the long and the short of it is, there are no easy matchups out there, other than whoever faces the Panthers.
I've been watching the Caps the past few weeks and they really don't look too good. Especially considering their position in the standings. You expect to see a lot more tenacity, drive and sense of urgency and it simply isn't there with almost any consistency. I sincerely don't think they could take the Rangers to 6 games.

Old
04-04-2012, 07:53 PM
Gardner McKay
What a time

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmb9191 View Post
Don't get me wrong not complaining but hear me out

We beat Philly 6 times rivalry or not we would beat them handily

Then we get the bruins who we beat 3 times and played great in the 4th game...

Then hopefully Pittsburgh is out by then? If not gotta beat em

Basically id rather play the bruins flyers penguins instead of caps/sabres, devils, and pens
Correct me if I am wrong because I am only 23 but... did the Isles not give us some trouble during the regular season the year we won the cup? Did we not sweep them in the playoffs?

The playoffs are a whole separate season where you start with a clean slate.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 08:04 PM
Dangleberry

vCash: 500
No. I think it would just tire us out since they will have something to prove considering we swept them this season, Winter Classic, rivalry, etc.

Dangleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 08:22 PM
RangersFan

Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
If you want to win be ready to play anyone.

RangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 08:33 PM
Swagelin
aka Bienvenue a ny

I don't see us winning 10 games in one season against the flyers. I'd rather have them play pittsburgh, beat each other up, with us taking on what remains of the winner.

Swagelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 10:19 PM
McDonaghisGod
Oh, the pain!

No chance in hell. The sabres and caps are mediocre teams that should be dispatched quickly. Let the Flyers, Pens and Bruins take pounds of flesh out of each other and we'll pick up the scraps.

McDonaghisGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 10:27 PM
Giacomin

Better to be the home team thoughout and play the 8th seed in the first round. If Boston or Florida loses in the first round we will play Ottawa or New Jersey which come playoff time can be just as tough as Philadelphia or Pittsburgh so if the the Rangers want to win the east it will not be a cakewalk. In 94 the first 2 rounds were were not as competive but now it seems as if 1-8 are much more closely matched.

Giacomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 10:31 PM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

Barring any upsets, Rangers would be playing the Devils in the second round. The winner of PHI/ PIT would play Boston. If we were in Pitt's place, there is no way in hell I want to play the Flyers, then the Bruins.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 10:36 PM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

No. Whoever places 8th, is there for a reason. Same goes for 5th. Playing one of Washington/Buffalo/Florida is extremely preferable to playing one of Philly/Pittsburgh and then Boston.

Bob Richards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 05:16 AM
NYRangers16

I'd much rather take a warmup match in rd. 1 than deal with Philly. I know people are afraid of the upset, but this team hasn't had many bad stretches all season. They seem mentally tough enough to avoid a letdown, so I don't think the Caps or Sabres are going to give us much trouble. Rd. 2 and 3 we're going to have to beat a good team either way, so no avoiding that.

The other advantage is that obviously one of Philly or Pit won't be around by then

NYRangers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 05:23 AM
darko

Quote:
it's entirely possible the rangers could be out in the first round. the long and the short of it is, there are no easy matchups out there, other than whoever faces the Panthers.

Might be in minority here but I'd rather see us play Caps than Panthers. Small quick teams like Panthers have given us hell over recent times.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 05:39 AM
None More Negative*

**** no. Bring on whatever bums make it to 8th then worry about the 2nd round..

None More Negative* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 05:42 AM
None More Negative*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers16 View Post
I'd much rather take a warmup match in rd. 1 than deal with Philly. I know people are afraid of the upset, but this team hasn't had many bad stretches all season. They seem mentally tough enough to avoid a letdown, so I don't think the Caps or Sabres are going to give us much trouble. Rd. 2 and 3 we're going to have to beat a good team either way, so no avoiding that.

The other advantage is that obviously one of Philly or Pit won't be around by then

Exactly, plus you know they're going to beat the living **** out of each other whoever wins..

None More Negative* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 06:30 AM
MAYO

Heck no!! we are 1st for a reason. I would much rather get away from a playing a physical team in the first and avoid any major injuries. The only team that scares me is Pitts, and I'm not sure they come out of a series against Philly.

MAYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 08:00 AM
NYR Viper

It's funny because no coach or player looks that far ahead, especially not this team who has been so good at taking it one game at a time. You play the games and see where you end up. The Rangers are in 1st. They will play the 8th place team and try to beat them over a 7 game series. After that, let the chips fall as they may.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 08:24 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

I was actually thinking yesterday that it's a really good thing they ended up in first. Not trying to get too far ahead, but it sets them up really well for the 2nd round.

Think about it. If the Rangers get out of the first round, their two most likely opponents are Ottawa or New Jersey. I have a ton of confidence that we can beat either team. If all 3 division winners win their series, the Rangers will playing Philadelphia or Pittsburgh fresh off the war that will be their first round series. It should make them ripe for the picking.

This is why you always want first seed. In a lot of ways, I'm far more worried about the 1st round than the 2nd round. 1st round is about upsets.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 08:33 AM
bubba5

Maybe if we get four rounds of byes, we can win the cup!

If we can't beat teams like the Caps or Sabres then we have no business worring about the Stanly Cup!

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 08:35 AM
Shadowtron

The ONLY team I'm completely confident we can beat in the PO is Florida. And that's mostly wishful thinking LOL. I just don't see the Rangers making it out of the East this season. Not with veteran Playoff teams like Flyers, Pens, Bruins standing in our way. The Devils also match up well against us. Then you have Buff and Caps who always seem to give us fits. To paraphrase Marilyn Manson: "It's gonna be a long, hard road outta the East." LOL. I can be wrong, and pray to the hockey gods that I am, but that's just what my gut says.

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 08:52 AM
Miamipuck
Al Swearengen

No!!

Miamipuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 08:52 AM
The Beezer

They might win the Presidents trophy for crying out loud. While i'll admit that there is a team that i'm weary of, you can't be the best team in the league and look/want to duck certain teams. We are the team that everyone should be afraid to play against.

The Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 09:10 AM
NYRangers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Again View Post
[/B]

Exactly, plus you know they're going to beat the living **** out of each other whoever wins..
Yup - I could see that going 7 games and being really intense. And even if it's 5-6 games they are both going to take a beating. What's Washington gonna do to us? Or Fla? Buffalo is probably the toughest of the 3 and that's not saying much. We win and we'll be in good shape.

NYRangers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 09:29 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

the only team i just can't see the rangers beating in a 7 game series is the Penguins. I think every other team is beatable, and on the flip side, entirely capable of beating us.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 09:46 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
the only team i just can't see the rangers beating in a 7 game series is the Penguins. I think every other team is beatable, and on the flip side, entirely capable of beating us.
Agreed. I think Florida is the only so-called easy team.

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 09:53 AM
Thordic
StraightOuttaConklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Again View Post
**** no. Bring on whatever bums make it to 8th then worry about the 2nd round..
This. We're usually the bums in 8th, and have high hopes, and then end up playing golf 6 games later. We can handle whoever ends up in 8th.

Thordic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 09:55 AM
Gardner McKay
What a time

Quote:
I can see the Rangers beating the Pens in 7 games... If Staal was 100% and we had made the move to get Rick Nash at the trade deadline for peanuts.

Other wise... maybe the Rangers win 2 out of every 10 best of 7 series.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote