HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Carter Day to Day - Ankle

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-05-2012, 06:40 AM
  #151
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,478
vCash: 500
So one person makes a statement, everyone else takes it the same way, then he tells everyone they're taking it the wrong way but he keeps saying the same thing which proves they were taking it the right way. Oy!

Lidstrom had the same type of injury a few weeks ago and missed quite a few games. Was he faking, too?

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 09:11 AM
  #152
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends
 
Moses Doughty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Drewbacca
Country: United States
Posts: 7,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
So one person makes a statement, everyone else takes it the same way, then he tells everyone they're taking it the wrong way but he keeps saying the same thing which proves they were taking it the right way. Oy!

Lidstrom had the same type of injury a few weeks ago and missed quite a few games. Was he faking, too?
I thought he was the perfect human though?

Moses Doughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 09:43 AM
  #153
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,478
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses Doughty View Post
I thought he was the perfect human though?
Apparently not!

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 10:03 AM
  #154
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Yup, guess there is just a difference between a gamer like Kobe Bryant, who plays through really tough injuries, and Jeff Carter, who is well enough to attend a basketball game but not lacing up the shoes?

Look, I love the guy and the energy he's brought to the Kings, but isn't this the very thing that he's been accused of in Philly? We have already seen some posters come in here (and other sites) saying things like "Same old Carter. Get used to it."

Perhaps the Kings would be doing him a favor by telling us exactly when we can expect him back in the lineup. It's not like the Sharks don't suspect he will be in the last game in San Jose if necessary...but showing up at a Clippers' game is not going to help his reputation any.
Give Kobe a deep bone bruise in his foot and slap skates on him and see if he can tough it out.

When you are in a sport, it's damn hard to play when a foot or a leg is hurt. You can gut out a broken rib, or a sore shoulder, or several other injuries and still contribute, but when you are having trouble skating, turning, planting on your foot to shot or stop, etc. it's pretty damn hard to play the game. How effective would Kobe be hopping around on one foot? Not very.

You made it to the same game as Carter, how much of a physical toll did it take on you? Almost nothing, and Carter likely didn't even have to drive himself to the arena like you did. For all you know, he was at the arena to see the training staff about that ankle and elected to just hang around until game time to see a basketball game. You have no clue about the injury or what he should be doing. Maybe walking around on it lightly is part of the recovery, so the doctors encouraged him to get out and move around a bit instead of staying at home?

Bottom line is, you have no idea of the extent of the injury, or the recovery process, not to mention it's well known that hobbling over to a basketball game isn't to much of a physical strain. He's human, he's allowed to have a life, and I doubt any doctor out there is going to tell you that sitting court side for a basketball game is going to have even the slightest impact on a players recovery from this type of injury.

I find it unreal the lengths some fans will go to slam a player for doing something that in all liklihood, they'd do as well. If you break your leg, you just going to stay home and never leave until you're 100%?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
There is nothing right about it either.
If there's nothing wrong with it, there's plenty right with it. If you're doctors say it's ok, why can't you do it?

If this issue is public image, I hope Carter tells everyone to go **** themselves personally. If fans really need to sink down to the level of questioning a guys devotion to returning to the ice because they seen him watching a basketball game, those fans really need to step back and rethink their expectations of athletes. They aren't superhuman.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 11:10 AM
  #155
mitchrock
Registered User
 
mitchrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 977
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Give Kobe a deep bone bruise in his foot and slap skates on him and see if he can tough it out.
Andrew Bynum hurt his ankle and had a huge game against the Clipper yesterday. Just saying.

mitchrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 11:13 AM
  #156
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,478
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchrock View Post
Andrew Bynum hurt his ankle and had a huge game against the Clipper yesterday. Just saying.
One ankle injury isn't like the other. Carter stayed in the game when he was injured but missed subsequent games. You'd think people would be happy it isn't a fracture!

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 11:17 AM
  #157
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchrock View Post
Andrew Bynum hurt his ankle and had a huge game against the Clipper yesterday. Just saying.
I assume it wasn't a bone bruise (correct me if I'm wrong, but the most common ankle injury for basketball is an ankle sprain). I can't find what the injury was, media reports I seen only list it as 'unspecified,' though I don't follow the sport much so maybe someone else knows what he suffered. And Bynum still missed a game as well. I also doubt he was house/bedridden like some here seem to want from Carter.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 11:21 AM
  #158
driller1
Dry Island Reject
 
driller1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,284
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchrock View Post
Andrew Bynum hurt his ankle and had a huge game against the Clipper yesterday. Just saying.
Didn't that dude miss half the year each of the previous two years? Wussy.

Drawing correlations between different injuries and different sports is ridiculous.

driller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 11:26 AM
  #159
Mxpunk
Registered User
 
Mxpunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: RPV, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,269
vCash: 500
I had a bone bruise in my ankle when I played college hockey. It was painful, but I didn't stop doing my normal non-hockey related activities, such as going to class, parties, bars, or the movies. The mistake I made was coming back too early. Because my ankle was less mobile, I ended tearing a ligament when I collided with a teammate at practice and was out for the rest of the season.

I can see Rons point that Carter being at the game may be bothersome since we expect him to only focus on hockey, but this day in age, it's unrealistic. He needs to live his life, and we can't expect him to live in a hyperbaric chamber everyday. I could see being upset if he missed a game in the press box or a team meeting and, instead, was at a Laker game. I just don't have a problem with him living his life if it's not going to affect his condition.

Mxpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 11:30 AM
  #160
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast
 
Seventyx7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Norcal
Country: United States
Posts: 1,098
vCash: 500
Do you think if this was a playoff game he would be playing? Or is this a form of playing it safe; confident we'll make the playoffs, so make sure he's as close to 100% as possible by then?

Seventyx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 11:32 AM
  #161
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventyx7 View Post
Do you think if this was a playoff game he would be playing? Or is this a form of playing it safe; confident we'll make the playoffs, so make sure he's as close to 100% as possible by then?
If we lose in regulation tonight, I'd be shocked if Carter's not playing Saturday, even if it's just PP minutes (unless Phoenix and Dallas lose too).

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 11:33 AM
  #162
theMajor
Registered User
 
theMajor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 633
vCash: 1329
i cant believe all the Carter bashers coming out already, i mean i can, cause it is the same people that were bashing Brown/DD8/Kopi etc, but seriously guys, get real. he already had one ankle injury this year in CLB, and now he has what might be a recurring injury and you guys are questioning his devotion?

theMajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 11:50 AM
  #163
Asheru
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
Lidstrom had the same type of injury a few weeks ago and missed quite a few games. Was he faking, too?
Nope, he was resting up so he'd be at his best for the playoffs, just like his team wanted him to. Same with Carter here. They'll keep resting him if they win tonight, I bet. Nothing unusual at all.

Asheru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 12:34 PM
  #164
Chazz Reinhold
Registered User
 
Chazz Reinhold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Stanley Cup
Country: United States
Posts: 6,933
vCash: 500
Well, Ron did say that if Carter was going to the basketball game last night, he should lace 'em up today.



http://lakingsinsider.com/2012/04/05...carter-on-ice/

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 12:53 PM
  #165
Vic Vinegar
Registered User
 
Vic Vinegar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMajor View Post
i cant believe all the Carter bashers coming out already, i mean i can, cause it is the same people that were bashing Brown/DD8/Kopi etc, but seriously guys, get real. he already had one ankle injury this year in CLB, and now he has what might be a recurring injury and you guys are questioning his devotion?
Hasn't it been confirmed that this injury is not related to his early season ankle injury?

Vic Vinegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 01:30 PM
  #166
The Butcher
**** your team
 
The Butcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The 5 Points
Country: United States
Posts: 1,933
vCash: 500


Can I play tonight, guys?

The Butcher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 01:56 PM
  #167
theMajor
Registered User
 
theMajor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 633
vCash: 1329
Quote:
Originally Posted by DimMak187 View Post
Hasn't it been confirmed that this injury is not related to his early season ankle injury?
i didnt hear anything but i could be wrong. either way, its better to have him rested and ready to go for the playoffs than have him play too early and risk re-injury

theMajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 03:22 PM
  #168
cubsfan999
Registered User
 
cubsfan999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 255
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakingsdrummer View Post


Can I play tonight, guys?

cubsfan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 03:57 PM
  #169
topliner967
Registered User
 
topliner967's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Northern Europe
Posts: 602
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMajor View Post
i didnt hear anything but i could be wrong. either way, its better to have him rested and ready to go for the playoffs than have him play too early and risk re-injury
This is the only thing I remember reading about it:

Quote:
Question: You had a bit of an ankle injury earlier this season, right? A sprain?

CARTER: “Yeah, but that was nothing. One game, I think.”
http://lakingsinsider.com/2012/03/30...re/#more-22109

topliner967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 06:04 PM
  #170
no name
Registered User
 
no name's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Tornado Alley
Posts: 11,639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Yup, guess there is just a difference between a gamer like Kobe Bryant, who plays through really tough injuries, and Jeff Carter, who is well enough to attend a basketball game but not lacing up the shoes?

Look, I love the guy and the energy he's brought to the Kings, but isn't this the very thing that he's been accused of in Philly? We have already seen some posters come in here (and other sites) saying things like "Same old Carter. Get used to it."

Perhaps the Kings would be doing him a favor by telling us exactly when we can expect him back in the lineup. It's not like the Sharks don't suspect he will be in the last game in San Jose if necessary...but showing up at a Clippers' game is not going to help his reputation any.
I love ya man, but you're being a little sensative about this one. He's doing nothing wrong. I don't think anyone would say he's messing up here. He's doing all his Kings related stuff. You can't expect him to go home and go into a yoga zen.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 06:06 PM
  #171
The Butcher
**** your team
 
The Butcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The 5 Points
Country: United States
Posts: 1,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
I love ya man, but you're being a little sensative about this one. He's doing nothing wrong. I don't think anyone would say he's messing up here. He's doing all his Kings related stuff. You can't expect him to go home and go into a yoga zen.
I think the bottom line is that if the doctor says it's okay, then it's okay.

I mean, none of us have the expertise to say otherwise. Correct?

The Butcher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 06:20 PM
  #172
Ron
Kings Fan Since 1967
 
Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Brea, California
Country: United States
Posts: 5,118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Well, Ron did say that if Carter was going to the basketball game last night, he should lace 'em up today.



http://lakingsinsider.com/2012/04/05...carter-on-ice/
It was a rhetorical statement on my part at best, but it is interesting to see this thread blow up like it did.

You going to be at the game tonight? It's going to be a ****ing blast...can't wait. Look me up if you are there.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 07:56 PM
  #173
Chazz Reinhold
Registered User
 
Chazz Reinhold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Stanley Cup
Country: United States
Posts: 6,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
It was a rhetorical statement on my part at best, but it is interesting to see this thread blow up like it did.

You going to be at the game tonight? It's going to be a ****ing blast...can't wait. Look me up if you are there.
We will definitely be there. Come say hi at one of the breaks.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 08:07 PM
  #174
fyrescorp
Registered User
 
fyrescorp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 521
vCash: 500
I thought he attended the basketball game, did he play in it? If not its no big deal...

fyrescorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 09:28 PM
  #175
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends
 
Moses Doughty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Drewbacca
Country: United States
Posts: 7,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
Apparently not!
I am crushed

Moses Doughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.