HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cole and Max says no to tank 5-2 Habs

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-05-2012, 09:00 AM
  #101
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 9,513
vCash: 500
Chicken!

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 09:00 AM
  #102
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
If we can find a good winger for Plekanec we will make them next year.
I find it odd that so many people don't put any blame on Plekanec for his play this year...yes I get that there's been a revolving door of wingers with him all year, but his play has been below average for most of the year.

Too many people focusing on his wingers and ignoring Plekanec's play...he's made terrible decisions with the puck, Habs need better distribution decisios froom a guy they're paying 5M a year, also i'm not sure if he's injured but he's spent the better part of the year avoiding all contact.

Plekanec has been outplayed largely by Desharnais and Eller this year

Habs better hope Plekanec has a bounce back year next year...

417 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 09:25 AM
  #103
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,440
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
I find it odd that so many people don't put any blame on Plekanec for his play this year...yes I get that there's been a revolving door of wingers with him all year, but his play has been below average for most of the year. Too many people focusing on his wingers and ignoring Plekanec's play...he's made terrible decisions with the puck, Habs need better distribution decisios froom a guy they're paying 5M a year, also i'm not sure if he's injured but he's spent the better part of the year avoiding all contact. Plekanec has been outplayed largely by Desharnais and Eller this year Habs better hope Plekanec has a bounce back year next year...
IMO you should take a more analytical look at what's going on. The Habs have become a one-line team with shallow depth. Most of the other Hab forwards contribute very little offense: Bourque, Geoffrion, White, Palushaj, Blunden, Leblanc, Moen, Staubitz, Gomez, and various call-ups. Trading away Kostitsyn aggravated the situation, as did the injury to Gionta and the virtual disappearance of Cammalleri. Who was left to support Plekanec? What were Plekanec's on-ice responsibilities, checking the top lines and carrying most of the penalty killing? By no means has Eller outplayed Plekanec. He was benched on more than one occasion, remember?

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 09:38 AM
  #104
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
IMO you should take a more analytical look at what's going on. The Habs have become a one-line team with shallow depth. Most of the other Hab forwards contribute very little offense: Bourque, Geoffrion, White, Palushaj, Blunden, Leblanc, Moen, Staubitz, Gomez, and various call-ups. Trading away Kostitsyn aggravated the situation, as did the injury to Gionta and the virtual disappearance of Cammalleri. Who was left to support Plekanec? What were Plekanec's on-ice responsibilities, checking the top lines and carrying most of the penalty killing? By no means has Eller outplayed Plekanec. He was benched on more than one occasion, remember?
but he is still right, Pleks decisions with the puck has been horrendous.

We can defend him with the'' look at who he's played with argument '', but his decision making and passing even on the PP has been way below what we should get in return for his salary.

I would say it's as much to do with his confidence as it is with the wingers he's given.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 09:46 AM
  #105
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
IMO you should take a more analytical look at what's going on. The Habs have become a one-line team with shallow depth. Most of the other Hab forwards contribute very little offense: Bourque, Geoffrion, White, Palushaj, Blunden, Leblanc, Moen, Staubitz, Gomez, and various call-ups. Trading away Kostitsyn aggravated the situation, as did the injury to Gionta and the virtual disappearance of Cammalleri. Who was left to support Plekanec? What were Plekanec's on-ice responsibilities, checking the top lines and carrying most of the penalty killing? By no means has Eller outplayed Plekanec. He was benched on more than one occasion, remember?
I don't deny that Plekanec's revolving door of wingers hasn't helped...but I'm just talking about his own individual play

It's been below average, especially his decision making with the puck...

Plekanec has BY FAR played the most mins of any Habs forward...for the amount of time that he's on the ice, he hasn't produced nearly enough

as for eller, ginen the fact that he's had basically no opportunity to play with top 6 players all year + the fact he gets virtually no PP time and has still managed to score 16 goals is a huge testiment to his progress this year...unfortunately, we're never likely to see Eller progress fully as long as Plekanec is on the roster

to me; plekanec has been the biggest disappointment...looking at his wingers is the low-hanging fruit argument. He's gotten his shot to play with good wingers and wasn't able to step up his game

417 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 09:46 AM
  #106
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL
 
Rise from the Ashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dollard-Des-Ormeaux
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,929
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Top five pick is fine for me. Just want in on the lottery. We should be able to nab Galchenyuk at 5 worse comes to worse.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 09:49 AM
  #107
Craig71
Registered User
 
Craig71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,930
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
IMO you should take a more analytical look at what's going on. The Habs have become a one-line team with shallow depth. Most of the other Hab forwards contribute very little offense: Bourque, Geoffrion, White, Palushaj, Blunden, Leblanc, Moen, Staubitz, Gomez, and various call-ups. Trading away Kostitsyn aggravated the situation, as did the injury to Gionta and the virtual disappearance of Cammalleri. Who was left to support Plekanec? What were Plekanec's on-ice responsibilities, checking the top lines and carrying most of the penalty killing? By no means has Eller outplayed Plekanec. He was benched on more than one occasion, remember?
I agree with this message. Plekanec has had no one all year and this has to be adressed with hopefully a big skilled winger at the draft(Forsberg) and one more via free agency, I don't care if thats an aging vet with some upside as long as the guy has someone with offensive talent. He is being wasted and is our best overall player. If we are able to get him the help describe above it will help us greatly to have two reliable scoring lines.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 09:55 AM
  #108
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
I agree with this message. Plekanec has had no one all year and this has to be adressed with hopefully a big skilled winger at the draft(Forsberg) and one more via free agency, I don't care if thats an aging vet with some upside as long as the guy has someone with offensive talent. He is being wasted and is our best overall player. If we are able to get him the help describe above it will help us greatly to have two reliable scoring lines.
not if he's playing the way he did this year...

His passing has been brutal this year, so has his decision making with the puck...he must lead the league in number of breakaways missed (actually, that distinction might belong to Michael Grabner lol).

He's played with many players this year and for that reason, i'll cut him some slack...but let's not act like he himself has nothing to improve on for next year.

He's been below average, I can't understand how anyone who's watched the habs this year could say otherwise....placing the blame strictly on the quality of wingers he's had is simply not looking at the entire picture, only 14 NHL have spent more time on the ice than Plekanec. He's supposed to be this teams #1 center, yet the teams best wingers have spent mostly the entire year playing with Desharnais...not Plekanec. If that doesn't send any red flags, I dont know what can/???

He just hasn't been good enough


Last edited by 417: 04-05-2012 at 10:02 AM.
417 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 10:09 AM
  #109
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
but he is still right, Pleks decisions with the puck has been horrendous.

We can defend him with the'' look at who he's played with argument '', but his decision making and passing even on the PP has been way below what we should get in return for his salary.

I would say it's as much to do with his confidence as it is with the wingers he's given.
Yeah, he should easily be producing at a Grabovski or Wisniewski rate for that much money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Plekanec has BY FAR played the most mins of any Habs forward...for the amount of time that he's on the ice, he hasn't produced nearly enough
This means very little if he's spent the majority of those minutes in the Habs zone. And guess what, he has. I'm not saying Desharnais hasn't outperformed him in playmaking, because he has, but when one C is sent out when the Habs are starting in the opponents zone, usually against weak opposition, even with less minutes they are going to get far more scoring opportunities.

Plekanec has been used by Cunneyworth as a sacrificial lamb to ensure the first line's energy is used entirely on offense. That doesn't mean he hasn't had bad games - he had an awful run around the time of the coaching change until February where he was making major mistakes on both ends, but he really hasn't been put in a position to succeed offensively, and judging him based on things like missed breakaways (something only he has been able to generate on the team consistently to begin with) is a lazy analysis.


Last edited by Et le But: 04-05-2012 at 10:16 AM.
Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 10:15 AM
  #110
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Yeah, he should easily be producing at a Grabovski or Wisniewski rate for that much money!
My problem isn't so much his salary, my issue is he's spent a whole lot of time on the ice this year and hasn't accomplished much.

And I don't buy the 'wingers' argument cause he started out the year playing with Cammy and Cole, then had a combination of Kostitsyn/Cammy/Gionta. It wasn't until later in the year when the season was essentially lost that he started to play with guys like Geoffrion, White and Blunden.

If Plekanec hasn't benefitted from playing with Cole & Pacioretty, it's cause his play hasn't warranted it.

I don't think all his lost...but he'll have to step up his game big time next year, or it won't matter who he's playing with.

lets also not ignore that two of his previous wingers, Andrei Kostitsyn and Mike Cammalleri, have produced at higher rates since they've moved on to other teams, then they did the majority of the time playing with Plekanec. In fact, both of Cammy and AK's better games this year have been with centers other than Plekanec when they still played for Montreal

417 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 10:19 AM
  #111
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 24,024
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
I find it odd that so many people don't put any blame on Plekanec for his play this year...yes I get that there's been a revolving door of wingers with him all year, but his play has been below average for most of the year.

Too many people focusing on his wingers and ignoring Plekanec's play...he's made terrible decisions with the puck, Habs need better distribution decisios froom a guy they're paying 5M a year, also i'm not sure if he's injured but he's spent the better part of the year avoiding all contact.

Plekanec has been outplayed largely by Desharnais and Eller this year

Habs better hope Plekanec has a bounce back year next year...
I think it goes hand in hand. His poor decisions might have been caused by having no one to really distribute it too.
If I have two crappy wingers, I'll hold on to the puck longer, I'll hesitate to pass it, and I'll be a lot more individualistic.
There's also the fact that he was converted into a checking line center since RC took over, and the lack of freedom/creativity as hurt Plekanec a lot, not to mention being given 4th liners. RC's strategies are to dump it out of our zone, and dump it into their zone.
So, Plekanec is usually the one that will carry the puck through the neutral in order to dump it in. He also needs to be the first one to get to that puck because his wingers are not great at winning board battles, and when they do, their lack of offensive creativity obviously hurts Plek. And then there's the fact he also needs to be great defensively.
I think it's pretty obvious that his wingers are really the problem, otherwise he would have struggled defensively as well and on the PK, which he hasn't.
He is a one man line, except he's no Crosby offensively.

The man had 25pts in 32GP under Martin. Under RC, 27 in 47.
I don't think Plek has been bad this year. I think RC completely misused him, along with the rest of the team. I think Plek will naturally hold on to the puck longer, or take worse decisions when he's paired with crappy wingers.
All that being said, the man still has 52pts, only 5 less from the previous year.

But we have to start using this guy properly. Stop giving him the problem wingers so he can jump start them back. The man should at least have one of the best two wingers of the team by his side.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 10:19 AM
  #112
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,963
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 10:20 AM
  #113
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
My problem isn't so much his salary, my issue is he's spent a whole lot of time on the ice this year and hasn't accomplished much.

And I don't buy the 'wingers' argument cause he started out the year playing with Cammy and Cole, then had a combination of Kostitsyn/Cammy/Gionta. It wasn't until later in the year when the season was essentially lost that he started to play with guys like Geoffrion, White and Blunden.

If Plekanec hasn't benefitted from playing with Cole & Pacioretty, it's cause his play hasn't warranted it.

I don't think all his lost...but he'll have to step up his game big time next year, or it won't matter who he's playing with.
Plekanec got off to a slow start (like basically everyone on the team), then was producing at a point per game rate for the first quarter of the season. Even with the point nonsense on the power play. Like everyone else on the team except for three players, his production dried up once Cunneyworth became coach.

And Plekanec has looked very good when he's had opportunities to play with Cole on the rare opportunities it has arisen since the slow start.

His decision making with the puck has been below average, but that tends to happen when you play with useless wingers.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 10:23 AM
  #114
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I think it goes hand in hand. His poor decisions might have been caused by having no one to really distribute it too.
If I have two crappy wingers, I'll hold on to the puck longer, I'll hesitate to pass it, and I'll be a lot more individualistic.
There's also the fact that he was converted into a checking line center since RC took over, and the lack of freedom/creativity as hurt Plekanec a lot, not to mention being given 4th liners. RC's strategies are to dump it out of our zone, and dump it into their zone.
So, Plekanec is usually the one that will carry the puck through the neutral in order to dump it in. He also needs to be the first one to get to that puck because his wingers are not great at winning board battles, and when they do, their lack of offensive creativity obviously hurts Plek. And then there's the fact he also needs to be great defensively.
I think it's pretty obvious that his wingers are really the problem, otherwise he would have struggled defensively as well and on the PK, which he hasn't.
He is a one man line, except he's no Crosby offensively.

The man had 25pts in 32GP under Martin. Under RC, 27 in 47.
I don't think Plek has been bad this year. I think RC completely misused him, along with the rest of the team. I think Plek will naturally hold on to the puck longer, or take worse decisions when he's paired with crappy wingers.
All that being said, the man still has 52pts, only 5 less from the previous year.

But we have to start using this guy properly. Stop giving him the problem wingers so he can jump start them back. The man should at least have one of the best two wingers of the team by his side.
I think it's a combination of BOTH...his wingers haven't played well this year, but neither has he.

It's not fair to just blame it on his wingers, he has his share of responsibility in his performance this year.

And I definitely don't buy the angle that he holds onto the puck because he knows his wingers aren't good enough. If that's true, then the issue is a much deeper one.

417 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 10:26 AM
  #115
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Plekanec got off to a slow start (like basically everyone on the team), then was producing at a point per game rate for the first quarter of the season. Even with the point nonsense on the power play. Like everyone else on the team except for three players, his production dried up once Cunneyworth became coach.

And Plekanec has looked very good when he's had opportunities to play with Cole on the rare opportunities it has arisen since the slow start.

His decision making with the puck has been below average, but that tends to happen when you play with useless wingers.
Again...ignoring Plekanec's performance and just looking at his wingers is disengenuous.

Goes both ways...he needs to be MUCH better next year, or it won't matter who is playing with him.

Look at last night's game...I counted at least 5x's where he failed to make a simple pass on a rush and ended up losing the puck or getting bumped out of the play. Habs need A LOT more from Plekanec.

Biggest disappointment by far for me this year...he hasn't played up to the standard we've become accustomed too, and this goes back to the 2nd half of LAST year. Again, Habs better hope he bounces back, or else....


Last edited by 417: 04-05-2012 at 10:32 AM.
417 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 10:31 AM
  #116
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,482
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Again...ignoring Plekanec's performance and just looking at his wingers is disengenuous.

Goes both ways...he needs to be MUCH better next year, or it won't matter who is playing with him.
Curious, who's saying Plekanec has been good this season?

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 10:35 AM
  #117
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Curious, who's saying Plekanec has been good this season?
Well the general sentiment amongst fans and media seem to be that his wingers have been the one's to blame for Plekanec's poor season. While that's true on some level, his own play, not withstanding his wingers play, has been below average at best this year.

I also think Plekanec would be the first to admit it...not good enough and it's cost some developmental time for a guy like Eller IMO. I just hope that doesn't continue

417 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 10:37 AM
  #118
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,804
vCash: 500
Plekanec and Price have played below their talent level this year. Still pretty good, but not enough to make a difference.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 10:49 AM
  #119
Help
Help Yourself
 
Help's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: HELP HELP HELP
Posts: 5,205
vCash: 500
I love how people are worried about us picking 7th. We all but have a top 3 pick locked up barring some kind of unpleasantness at the draft lottery. In order for us to pick 7th, we'd need Toronto, Minnesota, NYI and Anaheim to lose their remaining 2 games in regulation and we'd need to win both of ours. The likelyhood of all of that falling together in one perfect storm of misfortune? Slim to none. One loss and 3rd overall is a lock, pretty much.

Oh, did I mention we're playing the second of back-to-back games tonight? Yeah, we'll be in the top-3, top-4 if something goes horribly wrong at the draft lottery.

As Carey Price once said: "Chill out"

Help is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 10:52 AM
  #120
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 24,024
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
I think it's a combination of BOTH...his wingers haven't played well this year, but neither has he.

It's not fair to just blame it on his wingers, he has his share of responsibility in his performance this year.

And I definitely don't buy the angle that he holds onto the puck because he knows his wingers aren't good enough. If that's true, then the issue is a much deeper one.
I think you're a bit harsh. To say he hasn't played well is a stretch. Not his best year at all, but I don't think he's been bad.

As for holding becoming more individualistic, I think it's only normal. Agree to disagree there. What has affected Plek the most is the system, or lack there of, and his wingers.
You can give Plek some blame, but because this guy works so hard, had 25 in 32 before the coaching change, has gotten the responsibility of reviving teammates, is great defensively and one of the best PK forwards in the NHL, gathered 52pts playing with scrappers for a good portion of the year, and never complained, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

He'll be the last person I point to in order to blame him for his average season.

On a side note, what is sad is that we wasted Eller this year since RC took over. We should have been given this kid chances at top 6 duties, every now and then, as well as centering a unit on the PP, just to see if he could step up in a higher role. We already know he creates a lot more things with offensive wingers, so it would have been nice to see, and I expected it to happen with RC. It could have shown us that Plekanec is more expendable. We'd know if Eller could be ready to take over next for a top 2 center role next year. Now it's still remains a question mark.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 10:52 AM
  #121
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Well the general sentiment amongst fans and media seem to be that his wingers have been the one's to blame for Plekanec's poor season. While that's true on some level, his own play, not withstanding his wingers play, has been below average at best this year.

I also think Plekanec would be the first to admit it...not good enough and it's cost some developmental time for a guy like Eller IMO. I just hope that doesn't continue
The way I see it Plekanec has played decently in a bad situation. It's been a below average year for him, but over 50 points despite being used in a defensive role with bad wingers for most of the season isn't bad by any means. To make a comparison with other two way 2Cs, he has more points than Kesler, Stepan, Fisher.

Getzlaf has 3 more points than Plekanec with far more favourable usage and two elite wingers.

So yeah, Plekanec has not been good by any means, but I do blame his wingers and coaching for having a big part of that, and that's why I'm not concerned he's falling apart Gomez style. And to blame Plekanec for Eller being miscoached is absurd.

Of all the things that went wrong this year, this is the least of my concerns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Plekanec and Price have played below their talent level this year. Still pretty good, but not enough to make a difference.
I think this is fair, had Plekanec been a little better this year, things might have been different.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 11:11 AM
  #122
Ohashi_Jouzu
Registered User
 
Ohashi_Jouzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Japan
Posts: 22,021
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Curious, who's saying Plekanec has been good this season?
<-- Right here.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 11:11 AM
  #123
Forsead
Registered User
 
Forsead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Québec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,228
vCash: 500
Well in his ''bad'' season this year Plekanec got 52 poins (with two games to play) every night he shutdown the best opponent line and he is doing a tremendous job on the PK, plus he played all year with garbage linemates. It would be fairly possible that the man would have around 60 pts with better linemates and I mean nobody in the NHL would find a two way center with 60 pts at 5 millions an overpayment in fact that's a steal nowaday.

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 11:19 AM
  #124
Help
Help Yourself
 
Help's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: HELP HELP HELP
Posts: 5,205
vCash: 500
Most people who would argue that Plekanec is having a bad season either has a personal vendetta against him or haven't been watching the games and have been basing their opinion of him solely on stats

Help is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 11:25 AM
  #125
Ohashi_Jouzu
Registered User
 
Ohashi_Jouzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Japan
Posts: 22,021
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
Most people who would argue that Plekanec is having a bad season either has a personal vendetta against him or haven't been watching the games and have been basing their opinion of him solely on stats
They haven't even been basing it on stats, really. Look at ES ice time. DD and Plekanec have obviously been used "overall" in a 1A/1B manner. Looking at their production, well, 60:52 seems pretty 1A/1B there, too. Another interesting "stat" is that only one forward in the NHL averages over 3 mins of PP AND PK ice time per game: Tomas Plekanec. The only people to come close to this last year? Tomas Plekanec and Ryan Kesler. The year before that? Tomas Plekanec and Ryan Kesler (and maybe Handzus).

Guy isn't even really "over-worked". He just looks that way dragging a lot of scrubs around every night, because he isn't a Malkin or Crosby who is legitimately capable of such things.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.