HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

#81 | SABRES at FLYERS | THU APR 5 | 7:00PM ET

Old
04-05-2012, 10:03 AM
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyersMagic57 View Post
So why does everyone think this is going to be a hard game? Philly has clinched the playoffs and win or lose thats not going to change a thing, so why do you think they will go all out on us and risk more injury that could negatively effect them in the playoffs?

Philly will lay off a bit tonight and we will take a 4-1 win. Caps beat Florida in OT and lose in regulation to rangers this weekend. We take down Bruins on Saturday and make it in as the 8th seed
So they're just going to stop trying just because they clinched? I never understand why people think that. Regardless, they can still get the 4 seed and get home ice against Pittsburgh, they'll definitely be trying.

thefifagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 10:12 AM
Kyndig86

Quote:
Originally Posted by notHiro View Post
Kind of off topic, but in that Ted Black audio from WGR, right near the end he says that RJ thought he took too many games off, and "he'd like to do more next year."

Awesome.
That is awesome! If there is a season next year...

Kyndig86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 10:28 AM
MyersMagic57*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefifagod View Post
So they're just going to stop trying just because they clinched? I never understand why people think that. Regardless, they can still get the 4 seed and get home ice against Pittsburgh, they'll definitely be trying.
I was at the Sabres home game against the Bruins, on the Bruins second last game when they had already clinched the playoffs and their entire team seemed to back-off.

What's more important to the Flyers, playing a spoiler role or making a deep playoff run?

MyersMagic57* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 10:30 AM
HarryNealesGarden
Big Daddy Ted

Kinda feel like we have a team of destiny thing going on right now. After the incredible run we put together to make it this far, then faltering over the weekend and staying alive with the entire season on the ropes...

I don't know, I can't see a way they don't get at least a point out of this game, despite how overmatched they are with Myers and Ehrhoff. Too resilient. Put together a run too good to see it end in Game 81. They'll want it more than Philly.

Win.

HarryNealesGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 10:34 AM
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyersMagic57 View Post
I was at the Sabres home game against the Bruins, on the Bruins second last game when they had already clinched the playoffs and their entire team seemed to back-off.

What's more important to the Flyers, playing a spoiler role or making a deep playoff run?
Getting home ice against the Pens > anything else. Considering they play Pitt Saturday, if they win today and the Rangers beat the Pens, then they're playing for home ice Saturday. They aren't just going to fold and punt away home ice.

thefifagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 10:37 AM
HarryNealesGarden
Big Daddy Ted

Upon further reflection, that Philadelphia lineup really doesn't scare me. They're down some serious talent and really only have one scoring line right now with Hartnell-Giroux-Jagr (to whom I assume Lindy will have the Roy line stapled). They have two real great defensive lines but I can't see a lot of secondary scoring there. And they only have 3.5 defensemen just like us.

Actually feeling pretty good about this one considering the motivational differences.

Old
04-05-2012, 10:52 AM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

Added gameday audio from Ruff to the OP:

Woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 10:58 AM
Valuable Leino
Rookie User

Our defense is a trainwreck without Erhoff and Myers and this team is running out of miracles.

Still remaining optimistic! Go Sabres!!!

Valuable Leino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 10:59 AM
Tim Murray
HoF Turd Shiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamers View Post
When the Sabres lose, you feel sad.

When you feel sad, you drink a bottle of crown.

When you drink a bottle of crown, you don't show up to work the next day.

When you don't show up to work, you lose your job.

When you don't have a job, you spend your time shaving cats.

Don't spend your time shaving cats. Go win Sabres.
nice

Tim Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 11:12 AM
sabresfan129103

I have a feeling they're gonna lose, but I'm ok with that. With our 2 top D-men out Philly is gonna dominate. It was a good run.

sabresfan129103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 11:18 AM
HarryNealesGarden
Big Daddy Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresfan129103 View Post
I have a feeling they're gonna lose, but I'm ok with that. With our 2 top D-men out Philly is gonna dominate. It was a good run.
Thing is Philly only has one scoring line right now. Taking Briere and JVR both out really hampers their depth.

If Regehr-Sekera and the Roy line are stapled to Giroux, we'll be OK.

Old
04-05-2012, 11:20 AM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefifagod View Post
Getting home ice against the Pens > anything else. Considering they play Pitt Saturday, if they win today and the Rangers beat the Pens, then they're playing for home ice Saturday. They aren't just going to fold and punt away home ice.
Considering they're 5-0-0 all-time at Consol Energy Center, one has to wonder just how much Philly really cares about having home ice in that series.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 11:27 AM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Considering they're 5-0-0 all-time at Consol Energy Center, one has to wonder just how much Philly really cares about having home ice in that series.
They can't have their ribs before their games in Consol Energy Center anymore though...

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 11:29 AM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

P4M pre-game speech:

Alright boys...are you ready to have your lunch handed to you by the Flyers? Are you ready to be mocked by the Flyers, as they end your season for the second straight year!? Except this time, not even making the playoffs? Are you ready to fall short by ONE GAME, after owning the entire ****ing league for two months to get here? Are you ready to let the guy next to you down? Mother ****ers? Are you?!

Well that's what's going to happen if you don't empty the tank tonight...(look right at Vanek)we aren't going to phone in our back checks tonight...(look at Leino)we are going to bear down and FINISH our chances...tonight we are going to OWN our ZONE. Nobody gets an easy scoring chance in our zone tonight. They are going to ****ing earn it, and it will be stopped anyways. We are not a team with a "weakened" defense, we are wall of ****ing iron...TOGETHER...

**** this team, they have their panties in a bunch from their last game, let's give them something new to whine about. A loss. Our season is just beginning, it starts right now....

Flip a table and stab the equipment manager in the arm with a skate. Then walk out.

Play4Miracles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 11:32 AM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryNealesGarden View Post
Thing is Philly only has one scoring line right now. Taking Briere and JVR both out really hampers their depth.

Briere and JvR both hurt the Sabres, but they still have plenty of guys who know what to do with the puck when they get it in scoring areas. Even without those two guys, they're still dressing nine players who have 11 or more goals this season.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 11:42 AM
jamers
McTankel Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
They can't have their ribs before their games in Consol Energy Center anymore though...
If they do manage to get the ribs in the playoffs, do you think we would have rib-gate?

All they would have to do is have someone who is not publicly recognized as being associated with the team order and pick up the ribs...

jamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 11:59 AM
cybresabre
Sir Hellcat

Send a message via ICQ to cybresabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyndig86 View Post
I kinda like it, its like a mini revenge tour!
All of our revenge tours are mini.

cybresabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 12:00 PM
HarryNealesGarden
Big Daddy Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Briere and JvR both hurt the Sabres, but they still have plenty of guys who know what to do with the puck when they get it in scoring areas. Even without those two guys, they're still dressing nine players who have 11 or more goals this season.
Read-Schenn-Simmonds
Talbot-Couturier-Voracek
Shelley-Wellwood-Rinaldo

Not a particularly threatening offensive lineup. Simmonds has 28 goals and Read 23, but replacing Briere with Schenn is a massive downgrade in the playmaking category. Talbot and Voracek have 19 and 18, respectively, but that to me seems based off easy minutes and depth. Neither of those guys have ever really shown a flare for offensive talent.

There's a reason the Flyers are under .500 without Briere in the lineup.

Old
04-05-2012, 12:00 PM
ryanbiggame*

Send a message via AIM to ryanbiggame* Send a message via Skype™ to ryanbiggame*
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamers View Post
When the Sabres lose, you feel sad.

When you feel sad, you drink a bottle of crown.

When you drink a bottle of crown, you don't show up to work the next day.

When you don't show up to work, you lose your job.

When you don't have a job, you spend your time shaving cats.

Don't spend your time shaving cats. Go win Sabres.
Priceless.

ryanbiggame* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 12:03 PM
gallagt01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play4Miracles View Post
P4M pre-game speech:

Alright boys...are you ready to have your lunch handed to you by the Flyers? Are you ready to be mocked by the Flyers, as they end your season for the second straight year!? Except this time, not even making the playoffs? Are you ready to fall short by ONE GAME, after owning the entire ****ing league for two months to get here? Are you ready to let the guy next to you down? Mother ****ers? Are you?!

Well that's what's going to happen if you don't empty the tank tonight...(look right at Vanek)we aren't going to phone in our back checks tonight...(look at Leino)we are going to bear down and FINISH our chances...tonight we are going to OWN our ZONE. Nobody gets an easy scoring chance in our zone tonight. They are going to ****ing earn it, and it will be stopped anyways. We are not a team with a "weakened" defense, we are wall of ****ing iron...TOGETHER...

**** this team, they have their panties in a bunch from their last game, let's give them something new to whine about. A loss. Our season is just beginning, it starts right now....

Flip a table and stab the equipment manager in the arm with a skate. Then walk out.

Someone get P4M to Philly!

gallagt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 12:13 PM
SabresBillsBuffalo

I'd like to see Gerbe with Coho and Vanek.... I think hes better offensively than Tropp and I think Tropp can go good with Kaleta and Cody having a straight grinding line. Considering Tropp can fight too.

SabresBillsBuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 12:14 PM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresBillsBuffalo View Post
I'd like to see Gerbe with Coho and Vanek.... I think hes better offensively than Tropp and I think Tropp can go good with Kaleta and Cody having a straight grinding line. Considering Tropp can fight too.
Gerbe was with them for a few shifts. He didn't look very good.

vcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 12:15 PM
Squantosawuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryNealesGarden

Philly's THREE TOP SCORERS will ALL be playing tonight: Hartnell, Giroux and Simmonds.

'Nuff said.

Squantosawuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 12:20 PM
SabresBillsBuffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by volatile View Post
Gerbe was with them for a few shifts. He didn't look very good.
First game back and didn't really play enough to get into the game...he played 8 minutes...He didn't play for awhile then got thrown out there with them. Not saying Tropp is bad and I think he will be on the team next year but Gerbe should be with them.

SabresBillsBuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 12:23 PM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresBillsBuffalo View Post
First game back and didn't really play enough to get into the game...he played 8 minutes...He didn't play for awhile then got thrown out there with them. Not saying Tropp is bad and I think he will be on the team next year but Gerbe should be with them.
Tropp has been good for that line, Gerbe is still trying to come back from his injury. I don't think Gerbe adds anything right now that Tropp does not.

vcv is offline   Reply With Quote