Bruins 2013 Injury Thread

Closed Thread

Old
04-05-2012, 02:21 AM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

vCash: 500
Great news about Horton!

I remember countless people telling me that Bergeron was done for the season after game 4 against Philly too...

We all know how that turned out.

Old
04-05-2012, 04:13 AM
Alan Ryan

Updates in the Boston Herald:

On an eventful day at Ristuccia Arena yesterday, the news seemed all good for the Bruins.

The first and most interesting development: Injured winger Nathan Horton skating, likely for the first time since early February, shortly after he suffered a concussion/neck injury on Jan. 22.

And then there was a suggestion from coach Claude Julien that defenseman Johnny Boychuk, who appeared to have incurred a serious left knee injury Tuesday against Pittsburgh, may not be hurt as badly as feared.

And finally, there was the on-going progress by injured goaltender Tuukka Rask, who looked good taking shots from Horton in the morning before the teamís practice.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/h...od_vibrations/

Old
04-05-2012, 07:36 AM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Ryan View Post

On an eventful day at Ristuccia Arena yesterday, the news seemed all good for the Bruins.

The first and most interesting development: Injured winger Nathan Horton skating, likely for the first time since early February, shortly after he suffered a concussion/neck injury on Jan. 22.

And then there was a suggestion from coach Claude Julien that defenseman Johnny Boychuk, who appeared to have incurred a serious left knee injury Tuesday against Pittsburgh, may not be hurt as badly as feared.

And finally, there was the on-going progress by injured goaltender Tuukka Rask, who looked good taking shots from Horton in the morning before the teamís practice.

All awesome news, great to hear.

Old
04-05-2012, 07:42 AM
Alicat
City of Champions!

People really need to stop with figuring out where Horton plays when he comes back in the playoffs.

He's not coming back until next year even if he's feeling good and wants to play.

The Bruins will not allow a repeat of what happened when Savvy came back vs. Philly.

I hope he comes back but only when he's 110%.

Old
04-05-2012, 07:51 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeyeRocketeer View Post
Oh for heavens sake, third line, forth line. My point is low minutes and off of the top 2 lines. Stop splitting hairs.
Generally play-off time the third line will get double the ice time of the 4th...that's not splitting hairs..

Old
04-05-2012, 07:52 AM
Fair Warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Generally play-off time the third line will get double the ice time of the 4th...that's not splitting hairs..
This, especially in any OT situation.

Old
04-05-2012, 07:55 AM
8thRoundPick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
People really need to stop with figuring out where Horton plays when he comes back in the playoffs.

He's not coming back until next year even if he's feeling good and wants to play.

The Bruins will not allow a repeat of what happened when Savvy came back vs. Philly.

I don't entirely agree. I think that if Horton is cleared medically, and once he's been practicing enough that he's back up to speed, he will be in the lineup.

I understand the fear, and that a players' health is #1, but this is their job. They are paid a lot of money to do their job, and all professional hockey players know that this job comes with the risk of injury. I fully expect the Bruins to take all steps in ensuring that Horton has fully recovered - but once Horton has cleared all hurdles, he will play. Besides, do you think he wants to sit out if he's healthy? Not a chance! He's push with as much weight as he can muster to get himself into the show.

Old
04-05-2012, 07:56 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeyeRocketeer View Post
Oh for heavens sake, third line, forth line. My point is low minutes and off of the top 2 lines. Stop splitting hairs.
You say I'm splitting hairs, I say you're backpeddling.

If that was your point, that's what you should have said. I'm supposed to infer that by saying "put him on the 4th line" that you actually meant "keep him off the top 2 lines and give him limited minutes?"

I get how sometimes people accuse others around here of taking things too literally or splitting hairs, but those are two completely different points/arguments. Not so sure how you get from one to the other, but it really doesn't matter.

Old
04-05-2012, 08:25 AM
FallsForItEveryYear

Quote:

seriously you need to stop with this rhetoric. he wouldnt be out skating for 40 min if there wasnt still a chance to return during the playoffs. that doesnt mean hes going to sneak back into the lineup and reinjure himself. it simply means hes gone through all the proper medical tests in order to resume playing hockey.

if he has some symptoms pop back up during skating he will be shut down but if he feels 100% they will continue to move forward. if the bruins are in this thing long enough for him to get in game shape their is zero reason he wont play.

everyone here knows its still a long shot but that doesnt mean we cant hope for the best possible scenario that he returns in time to bury a few game winners on our way to back to back cups.

Old
04-05-2012, 08:35 AM
Shoebottom
Bruin exiting lair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Ryan View Post

Great news all around Hope to see all 3 at some point in the p/o. Would be awesome for Horton to inspire this team again like he did last year.

Old
04-05-2012, 09:35 AM
Alicat
City of Champions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8thRoundPick View Post
I don't entirely agree. I think that if Horton is cleared medically, and once he's been practicing enough that he's back up to speed, he will be in the lineup.

I understand the fear, and that a players' health is #1, but this is their job. They are paid a lot of money to do their job, and all professional hockey players know that this job comes with the risk of injury. I fully expect the Bruins to take all steps in ensuring that Horton has fully recovered - but once Horton has cleared all hurdles, he will play. Besides, do you think he wants to sit out if he's healthy? Not a chance! He's push with as much weight as he can muster to get himself into the show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallsForItEveryYear View Post
seriously you need to stop with this rhetoric. he wouldnt be out skating for 40 min if there wasnt still a chance to return during the playoffs. that doesnt mean hes going to sneak back into the lineup and reinjure himself. it simply means hes gone through all the proper medical tests in order to resume playing hockey.

if he has some symptoms pop back up during skating he will be shut down but if he feels 100% they will continue to move forward. if the bruins are in this thing long enough for him to get in game shape their is zero reason he wont play.

everyone here knows its still a long shot but that doesnt mean we cant hope for the best possible scenario that he returns in time to bury a few game winners on our way to back to back cups.
I'm not saying to stop hoping but you have to be realistic when dealing with these kinds of situations.

It doesn't matter if he's feeling better, symptom free and in shape. The Bruins will not jeopardize his long term health just to win the Cup.

Savvy was like this and look what happened. The Bruins are going to be even more cautious with Horty. He's a huge part of this team but you have to look at the potential long term ramifications before making a final decision.

Also, while it would be awesome to get him back it is going to mess with the team's chemistry on ice.

I am Boston Strong

Old
04-05-2012, 10:05 AM
bruinsfan001

Quote:
I'm not saying to stop hoping but you have to be realistic when dealing with these kinds of situations.

It doesn't matter if he's feeling better, symptom free and in shape. The Bruins will not jeopardize his long term health just to win the Cup.

Savvy was like this and look what happened. The Bruins are going to be even more cautious with Horty. He's a huge part of this team but you have to look at the potential long term ramifications before making a final decision.

Also, while it would be awesome to get him back it is going to mess with the team's chemistry on ice.
I see a significant difference between the two situations. Savard was experiencing symptoms but he still continued to play. Horton was shut down as soon he started experiencing symptoms so he could begin a recovery. Also everyone's brain reacts differently. Obviously its going to be Hortons decision whether he wants to make a come back this year or the next. Its a long process, but for him to be on the ice skating is encouraging and its a good stepping stone IMO. We've seen last year how long the playoffs can be, so anything is possible.

Old
04-05-2012, 10:09 AM
dtimmons

Quote:

There is no doubt they will be more cautious then with Savard, but he's clearly not shut down for the season.

If the docs clear him and he says he wants to go, you gotta give him a chance.

Old
04-05-2012, 11:15 AM
Concessionaire
Dang.

vCash: 807
According to the official Bruins Twitter feed:

"Julien said Boychuk has a mild knee sprain, day-to-day.^BISH"

Old
04-05-2012, 11:28 AM
GloveSave1
-44-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concessionaire View Post

*exhales* Fantastic news.

Great to hear Horton is on skates too. I'm not going to worry about that though...If he gets cleared and can come back for any playoff time, that would be awesome, if not, this is just a great first step that I'm glad to hear.

Here comes Larry Bird out of the locker-room! Haha.

Old
04-05-2012, 11:29 AM
bigbadbruins1

sports hub reporting bruised knee, day-to-day status. missed trip to ottawa

Old
04-05-2012, 11:29 AM
MAINE-IAC

Quote:

Including you. You are guessing like everyone else .Unless you have some sort of inside info.if you do, please share.

Old
04-05-2012, 11:30 AM
MAINE-IAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concessionaire View Post

Nice news.

Old
04-05-2012, 11:35 AM
Alicat
City of Champions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAINE-IAC View Post
Including you. You are guessing like everyone else .Unless you have some sort of inside info.if you do, please share.
Yes I am guessing but im also using past history with other players and common sense

Old
04-05-2012, 11:35 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAINE-IAC View Post
Nice news.
Nice? It's fan-freaking-tastic. Thank God.

Old
04-05-2012, 11:37 AM
reidy
@reidjjackson

Send a message via AIM to reidy
I predicted a bruise, but a mild knee sprain ain't so bad! I called it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reidy
If he walked out under his own power (no crutches or wheelchair) that all but rules out any type of serious knee injury. I'll say it's a bad contusion and he's going to be back by game 3 of the first round.
Best part about it? NO CORVO.

Old
04-05-2012, 11:42 AM
bruinmann77

Jb mild knee sprain day to day

as per Fluto Tweet

wow looks like we dogged a bullet get rest and healty Johnny.

Old
04-05-2012, 11:46 AM
murphdasmurf2
@SieveOfDaNation

Honestly don't think he could be any tougher.

Old
04-05-2012, 11:46 AM
ssault
SW BROONS

Wow, much better than expected from what it looked like.

Old
04-05-2012, 11:49 AM
doubleminor138
Call me Snake

Amazing news.

A true fan who will always be remembered.
Closed Thread