HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Kreider Discussion Part II (4/9 - Signing Imminent)

Closed Thread

Old
04-05-2012, 10:33 AM
Crease

vCash: 500
I'm sure this has been asked before, but if Kreider signs, practices with the Rangers, but never plays a game (regular season or playoffs), does it still burn a year off his ELC?

Old
04-05-2012, 10:37 AM
nevesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
If Kreider signs, they will play him. They won't let him just sit around for the rest of the season. If that was the case, they would have him play in Hartford.
Agreed, at least stick him in in place of Mitchell. OBVIOUS upgrade.

Old
04-05-2012, 11:00 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
If Kreider signs, they will play him. They won't let him just sit around for the rest of the season. If that was the case, they would have him play in Hartford.
Your asking a lot of him. To learn a system and then be productive. If he's not going to play in the top six, I don't see the point of having him in the lineup. And I'm not sure I want an unproven rookie who doesn't know the system in the lineup going into the playoffs.

04-05-2012, 11:06 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Your asking a lot of him. To learn a system and then be productive. If he's not going to play in the top six, I don't see the point of having him in the lineup. And I'm not sure I want an unproven rookie who doesn't know the system in the lineup going into the playoffs.
I couldnt agree more. Its been interesting to see the Kreider talk manifest itself over the last several weeks. It seems the common thinking is not only will Kreider sign immediately after the frozen 4, but he'll be be on the team....and, one step further, he'll actually contribute. Thats a tall order for a college kid.

Old
04-05-2012, 11:07 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
I'm not saying whether I want him to play over anyone else. Just that I REALLY don't want him to just sit around and watch the games and only practice with the team while they go through the playoffs. If that is the case, send him to Hartford so he can play 15-20 minutes a night and work on his game.

Old
04-05-2012, 11:12 AM
rangerfan_79

Send a message via Yahoo to rangerfan_79
Quote:
You make it seem impossible for him to step in a become a contributor. It's been done before by many others.

The kid has got size and speed so I don't rule it out.

The system we play is not that far off of the system he has been a part of for the last 3 years.

Go Rangers!

Old
04-05-2012, 11:17 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerfan_79 View Post
You make it seem impossible for him to step in a become a contributor. It's been done before by many others.

The kid has got size and speed so I don't rule it out.

The system we play is not that far off of the system he has been a part of for the last 3 years.

Go Rangers!
It's been done many time before? Give me some names of players who went straight from college to contributing in the NHL playoffs.

Old
04-05-2012, 11:19 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

put him on a strong 3rd line.

Hagelin - Richards - Gaborik will play 25 mins a night in the playoffs
AA/Dubi - Stepan - Cally will play 20 mins a night in the playoffs.
AA/Dubi - Boyle - Kreider will play like 10-12 mins a night.
Rupp - Mitchell - Prust plays whatever mins you wanna give em.

Though i dont really like Kreider on the right side....

Old
04-05-2012, 11:36 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2014

Kreider can contribute just as much and probably more than Hagelin has straight out of the gate. He's going to get opportunities. No system is an obstacle in the NHL, this isn't football. The key is connecting with your linesmen. Top tier talent can usually get that done pretty fast

Old
04-05-2012, 11:38 AM
BroadwayBlues
Angel Grove

Want to see him with Stepan.

Old
04-05-2012, 11:41 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
Want to see him with Stepan.
This.

Dubi/AA-Stepan-Kreider

04-05-2012, 11:45 AM
mcsauer2738

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
put him on a strong 3rd line.

Hagelin - Richards - Gaborik will play 25 mins a night in the playoffs
AA/Dubi - Stepan - Cally will play 20 mins a night in the playoffs.
AA/Dubi - Boyle - Kreider will play like 10-12 mins a night.
Rupp - Mitchell - Prust plays whatever mins you wanna give em.

Though i dont really like Kreider on the right side....
Mitchell>Feds??? Don't think so

Old
04-05-2012, 11:46 AM
Levitate

Quote:
My guess is really that they keep him in reserve for injury fill ins or if someone is playing really bad. The Rangers depth if they run into injuries up front isn't all that great.

It's also probably not a bad thing overall for him to participate in NHL practices and be around a team that's trying to go deep in the NHL playoffs. He'll get to learn from the coaches and all of the players, guys like Richards, and see what it takes to be a pro and prepare for the NHL playoffs.

Old
04-05-2012, 11:49 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Kreider on the active roster means the SPC starts this season even if doesn't play a game. He will practice with the team and go from there. BC plays a similar style to the Rangers. No more run and gun. It will probably take an injury or two to get him in the line up. The Rangers don't have much depth.

Old
04-05-2012, 11:52 AM
Tawnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
My guess is really that they keep him in reserve for injury fill ins or if someone is playing really bad. The Rangers depth if they run into injuries up front isn't all that great.

It's also probably not a bad thing overall for him to participate in NHL practices and be around a team that's trying to go deep in the NHL playoffs. He'll get to learn from the coaches and all of the players, guys like Richards, and see what it takes to be a pro and prepare for the NHL playoffs.
And they'll get to indoctrinate him into the Rangers culture. All of this is worth burning the year, to me.

Old
04-05-2012, 11:52 AM
ocarina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post

To add to that, he does have experience playing in the World Championships with NHL players, even with a few of his future teammates, so it's not like high-level hockey is completely foreign to him.

That said, judging from some of the comments in this thread, I do think some are expecting a little too much from him if he does end up playing.

Old
04-05-2012, 12:08 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

From Brooks twitter:
NYR assistant GM Jeff Gorton at Frozen Four in Tampa prepared to talk contract with Chris Kreider if BC loses 8 PM semi to Gophers.

Old
04-05-2012, 12:13 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
From Brooks twitter:
NYR assistant GM Jeff Gorton at Frozen Four in Tampa prepared to talk contract with Chris Kreider if BC loses 8 PM semi to Gophers.
Good ****.

Old
04-05-2012, 12:14 PM
Glennsoe
Horndog

I choose not to have that much expectations, that way I won't be dissapointed...

Old
04-05-2012, 12:28 PM
TheDave1022

Quote:
It's been done many time before? Give me some names of players who went straight from college to contributing in the NHL playoffs.
Tony Amonte started in the Playoffs with the Rangers but only played 2 games and had 2 points.

Off hand, I dont know any others, but there cant be many.

Old
04-05-2012, 12:42 PM
FultonReed

i sort of hope BC loses tonight, just so we could have Kreider come over and play. that's not selfish, is it? >.>

Old
04-05-2012, 12:43 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
From Brooks twitter:
That would piss me off if I were him. If I got knocked out of my hockey tournament I wouldn't want to talk to anybody except the bartender. That could really rub him the wrong way

Old
04-05-2012, 12:45 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
Kreider can contribute just as much and probably more than Hagelin has straight out of the gate. He's going to get opportunities. No system is an obstacle in the NHL, this isn't football. The key is connecting with your linesmen. Top tier talent can usually get that done pretty fast
Hagelin had another year of college, and some time in the AHL. Not a very valid comparison.

Old
04-05-2012, 12:45 PM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
That would piss me off if I were him. If I got knocked out of my hockey tournament I wouldn't want to talk to anybody except the bartender. That could really rub him the wrong way
Mr Kreider, would you like to come play professionally in the National Hockey League. We're willing to offer you a $100,000 signing bonus on a pro-rated $850,000 deal.

Guys should be furious for sure. Better make sure we don't rub him the wrong way.

Old
04-05-2012, 12:47 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Hagelin had another year of college, and some time in the AHL. Not a very valid comparison.
There's really no way to tell, every player is different. Hagelin was definitely a revelation, some guys are just born to play pro sports. Hopefully Kreider delivers too

Closed Thread