HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kreider Discussion Part II (4/9 - Signing Imminent)

Closed Thread

Old
04-05-2012, 01:50 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
There's really no way to tell, every player is different. Hagelin was definitely a revelation, some guys are just born to play pro sports. Hopefully Kreider delivers too
What impresses me about Hagelin even moreso than his blazing speed is his hockey IQ. Hes a very heady player out there and makes good decisions.

Kreider seems to have been blessed with better physical tools, but molding his hockey sense seems to be all I've read about throughout the 3 years since we drafted him. Maybe his hockey IQ is up to snuff and theres nothing to worry about.

But if its not, and hes thrown into playoff games on a 1st place team, its going to be a really tough go for him no matter how physically ready he is.

Old
04-05-2012, 01:51 PM
ecemleafs

id rather be given 100k+ to do what i love doing than talk to a bartender.

Old
04-05-2012, 01:58 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
What impresses me about Hagelin even moreso than his blazing speed is his hockey IQ. Hes a very heady player out there and makes good decisions.

Kreider seems to have been blessed with better physical tools, but molding his hockey sense seems to be all I've read about throughout the 3 years since we drafted him. Maybe his hockey IQ is up to snuff and theres nothing to worry about.

But if its not, and hes thrown into playoff games on a 1st place team, its going to be a really tough go for him no matter how physically ready he is.
And isn't the idea to put your top prospect in positions where he has the best chance at being successful?

04-05-2012, 02:10 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
And isn't the idea to put your top prospect in positions where he has the best chance at being successful?
I suppose for some - myself included.

Apparently not for others who dream of a Stanley Cup this season and think Kreider's the guy that can put them over the top.

Old
04-05-2012, 02:12 PM
Abooch68

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmessier011 View Post
Mr Kreider, would you like to come play professionally in the National Hockey League. We're willing to offer you a $100,000 signing bonus on a pro-rated $850,000 deal.

Guys should be furious for sure. Better make sure we don't rub him the wrong way.
We have a winner.. haha

Old
04-05-2012, 02:15 PM
ThisYearsModel

He signs and he can go Whaling immediately. He will get ice time at a level that he has never experienced before. He is an hour away if they need him. If nothing else, he begins to learn what it takes to be a pro. He ends up on Broadway next season at some point. Schoenfeld et al shows him what it will take to survive Tortorella.

Old
04-05-2012, 02:26 PM
HockeyBurd*

Quote:
It's been done many time before? Give me some names of players who went straight from college to contributing in the NHL playoffs.
I'd also like to hear some of those names... even one or two. I mean has anybody ever went directly from 3 years of college into the NHL playoffs and contributed anything at all? Ever?

You'd think this would be the first time ever.

Old
04-05-2012, 02:31 PM
eco's bones

With Hagelin I had the sense that the Rangers thought he'd make it--just not sure how long it would take. I think they're more sure with Kreider. Chris in on the fast track to the NHL. I don't know if he'll play in the playoffs this year or even what would be reasonable expectations--(maybe you could look at what he did in the World Championships for some kind of idea) but if Rupp is out--there is a hole and that hole might be better filled by a Deveaux right now but come playoff time Kreider might be a better fit even if he's only getting 4th line minutes and it might be beneficial to not only the team but the player to give him a head start going into next season.

Old
04-05-2012, 02:35 PM
Leetch3

Quote:
Am I the only one who doesn't see a clear spot for Kreider on this current team?
I agree. i'm not really sure where he would step into the lineup at the moment...maybe with dubi & boyle with feds either moving down or sitting. but the whole reason feds is on the team is for his playoff experience

Old
04-05-2012, 02:36 PM
Leetch3

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
With Hagelin I had the sense that the Rangers thought he'd make it--just not sure how long it would take. I think they're more sure with Kreider. Chris in on the fast track to the NHL. I don't know if he'll play in the playoffs this year or even what would be reasonable expectations--(maybe you could look at what he did in the World Championships for some kind of idea) but if Rupp is out--there is a hole and that hole might be better filled by a Deveaux right now but come playoff time Kreider might be a better fit even if he's only getting 4th line minutes and it might be beneficial to not only the team but the player to give him a head start going into next season.
but are you really going to burn a year of his contract for him to sit on the bench getting 4th line minutes? If thats where he'd go, he'd probably be better off in hartford getting top line minutes and then join the rangers for next season

Old
04-05-2012, 02:37 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
There is one New York Rangers player Kreider reminds me of. Iíd never compare any player to Mark Messier but Kreider does a lot of things that Messier did style-wise that draws that comparison. First is his speed and strength of stride. Kreiderís first three steps are as explosive as any player in the NCAA. He can recruit strength in his stride like an NHL player. Second is his ability to use his wrist shot as a weapon. Quick release, heavy shot, deceptive in its path to the net that can keep a goalie off balance. Messier was more of a threat from the off wing with his wrister than Kreider is but as he matures as a player Kreider could be a dominant three-lane player offensively at the NHL level. Kreider, like Messier, has that ability to see the offensive is starting and instantaneously put on the afterburners and go.

Kreider has become a better defensive player in his days at BC and a large part of that has been because of assistant coach Mike Kavanaugh. Kreider is a quiet and honest kid but has really developed into a great teammate, and that reflects his maturity as a person and his experience at both the NCAA and international levels. Kreider was playing Massachusetts public high school hockey when BC goalie coach Mike Logue told Kavanaugh to go see him. It wasnít until Kreider got to prep school that Kavanaugh saw him but all were sold and he became an Eagles player. This is a kid who developed in the prep school system of Massachusetts.

Kreider is a player that should be a top-six forward, eventually an all-star, and a longtime successful NHL player following what is a terrific college career. He heads into the weekend with 90 points in 112 career NCAA games, a national title, three Beanpot titles, gold and bronze medals at the WJC, Hockey East playoff championships and Hockey East regular season championships. He has been a winner at every level; that trend will continue.
Read more: http://www.uscho.com/2012/04/05/comm...#ixzz1rBzMYG2D

You don't think the Rangers and Kreider's advisor/agent Matt Keator haven't discussed any parameters of the deal. Kreider probably already has an idea of what the deal is with the SPC counting this season and he becomes closer to group II free agency which arbitration rights. Ryan Callahan got nearly $500k more than Dubinsky in 2009 because he was arbitration eligible.

Old
04-05-2012, 02:39 PM
Leetch3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave1022 View Post
Tony Amonte started in the Playoffs with the Rangers but only played 2 games and had 2 points.

Off hand, I dont know any others, but there cant be many.
doug weight made his nhl debut in the same playoff series as amonte

Old
04-05-2012, 02:47 PM
AdamBanks99
MinnesotaMiracleMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
rupp is in the lineup tonight.

Old
04-05-2012, 02:49 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmessier011 View Post
Mr Kreider, would you like to come play professionally in the National Hockey League. We're willing to offer you a $100,000 signing bonus on a pro-rated $850,000 deal.

Guys should be furious for sure. Better make sure we don't rub him the wrong way.
lmao, oh the horror. He might hate us for this one.

Old
04-05-2012, 03:06 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
lmao, oh the horror. He might hate us for this one.
However the Rangers approach it he'll get over it if the assistant GM just goes up to him after he skates off the ice. I agree with the poster who said that his agent and the Rangers probably have already worked out the parameters of the deal. All I'm saying is if he gets eliminated give the guy until the next day to give him a plane ticket and don't just bum rush him after a giant letdown.

Old
04-05-2012, 05:01 PM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
doug weight made his nhl debut in the same playoff series as amonte
Korpikoski made his debut with us in the playoffs, but he had AHL experience. Anisimov's second NHL game was in the playoffs. Oh, and some guy named Mike Richter played his first game in the playoffs too. It really depends on what management thinks he can do.

Old
04-05-2012, 05:17 PM
Leetch66

Some guy named Ken Dryden played net back in the early 70's...his Rookie Card probably is only worth around 500.00 bucks...so he must have done ok LOL . He certainly did not need AHL time to shut down the BBB and Bobby Orr .

Opps...Just did some homework...Dryden played 6 regular season games before his playoff heroics .

I could handle Kreider winning athe Conn Smythe Trophy and then the Calder the next season like Dryden did ...I know , wishful thinking LOL .

Last edited by Leetch66: 04-05-2012 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Corrected some info .
Old
04-05-2012, 06:19 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

I'll take 2 goals from Kreider but a BC lost...

Hagelin:Richards:Gaborik
Kreider:Stepan:Callahan

Old
04-05-2012, 07:07 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Never mind I found it.

04-05-2012, 07:23 PM
Vitto79

so if they win is he not getting signed ?

Old
04-05-2012, 07:29 PM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

I hope they don't rush him up - I don't mind them signing him and locking him up, but hopefully he's a measure if one of our scorers gets hurt in the playoffs and gets to travel with the team as a back up/practice with the team.

Old
04-05-2012, 07:45 PM
M0rbid

Lets go Minn.

Old
04-05-2012, 08:02 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

I usually appreciate Starman, who's an NY guy....but Mark messier???? I dont see it.

Messier was an outstanding playmaker with sublime on-ice vision. He had it as a winger before he was converted to center.

Why the Messier comparison??? Because of explosiveness and shooting off the rush? There's like 20 guys in the NHL who can do that every year.

Billy Guerin is the guy I think he compares to most. Nothing to do with being a Mass guy or Boston College. Big bodied, power forward with good hands and great speed. Guerin took a while to become an elite goal scorer in the NHL, but all those years on the Devils probably stifled him.

Old
04-05-2012, 08:25 PM
Pizza

I'd love to see Kreider have himself a monster game tonight.

Old
04-05-2012, 09:45 PM
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream

Send a message via Skype™ to Ave Maria
Damn, BC is up 2 :/

Closed Thread