HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#81|Apr. 5, 2012|Sabres at Flyers |7:00 p.m. ET

Old
04-05-2012, 10:29 AM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionofDoom627 View Post
Buffalo is 1-3 against NY and Washington is 1-2, so they are about equally bad against the Rangers. I believe one of Washington's losses they had some big injuries. I guess Buffalo's goaltending is way better but scoring goes to Washington.
But the Rags have scored only three regulation goals on Miller in three games--one of which was a fluky play where the puck rode up Miller's paddle, off his glove and between his legs, and only trickled in when he sat down to cover the puck--and their only regulation win against us came against Enroth in the teams' first meeting--there won't be any Enroth v. Biron matchups in the playoffs as it was in their first matchup.

The Miller starts were a 1-0 shootout victory for the Rags in which the Queen and Miller both got shutouts; a 3-2 Rangers OT victory in the Garden; and a 4-1 Sabres victory in the Garden a couple weeks ago. The Sabres have controlled the run of play in most of the games, as well. Most Rangers fans I know would prefer the Caps in the 1st round.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 10:40 AM
Cmoneyflyguy

vCash: 500
Playing for home ice
Need to try and get bryz back in his groove.

this talk of losing is for losers.

Cmoneyflyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 10:51 AM
ORYX

A flyers Regulation win and Caps win ends it for Buffalo as Washington owns the tiebreaker.

There are too many potential scenerio's to go over.

ORYX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 10:52 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
if there's a year to start the playoffs on the road, it's this year

I'm not too worries about home ice

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 11:36 AM
flyersfan018

I feel the same way as you guys. First and foremost I'll be rooting for Florida tonight.

flyersfan018 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 11:36 AM
usahockey22flyers
Classic Coburn...

I really dislike that #5 seed, so win.

usahockey22flyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 11:45 AM
flyersfan420

go boys... lets win and NOT fall behind...

flyersfan420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 12:27 PM
Go For It

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan018 View Post
I feel the same way as you guys. First and foremost I'll be rooting for Florida tonight.
This.

I want the rats to be brought back.

Go For It is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 01:02 PM
G3 LesPaul

Dear flyers,

Us caps fans would really like if you win tonight

Thank you
Ps- Pittsburgh sucks. Own them in the playoffs

G3 LesPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 01:25 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by G3 LesPaul View Post
Dear flyers,

Us caps fans would really like if you win tonight

Thank you
Ps- Pittsburgh sucks. Own them in the playoffs
If we win tonight, you have to beat the rangers in the first round

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 01:32 PM
Buffalo87
thehosers dot com

Hello gentlemen,

Sabres fan here, I come in peace. Me and a buddy kind of threw things together last minute and got tickets to tonight's game, we'll be staying at the Marriott downtown (not sure which one as that wasn't my part of the arrangements to be made, maybe the one on Market St). Anyways, we'll be getting there just before game time so there will be no time to do anything before the game but we were wondering what the best spots are for food/beer post game. Never been to Philly before. Any suggestions?

Looking forward to the game tonight!

Thanks!

EDIT: I did cruise your "Visitor's guide to Philly" thread but didn't find anything really directly pertaining to this.

Buffalo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 01:34 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo87 View Post
Hello gentlemen,

Sabres fan here, I come in peace. Me and a buddy kind of threw things together last minute and got tickets to tonight's game, we'll be staying at the Marriott downtown (not sure which one as that wasn't my part of the arrangements to be made, maybe the one on Market St). Anyways, we'll be getting there just before game time so there will be no time to do anything before the game but we were wondering what the best spots are for food/beer post game. Never been to Philly before. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Havent been there yet.. But check out the xfinity live bar.. New bar that was just opened outside the stadium

And foods : tony luke's for cheesesteaks..

if you even think of going to pats or genos, i will find you and fight you

Old
04-05-2012, 01:37 PM
Buffalo87
thehosers dot com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Havent been there yet.. But check out the xfinity live bar.. New bar that was just opened outside the stadium

And foods : tony luke's for cheesesteaks..

if you even think of going to pats or genos, i will find you and fight you
Haha really? Pats and Genos is all I've heard of.

Old
04-05-2012, 01:40 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Haha really? Pats and Genos is all I've heard of.
Because they are the 'tourists' spots
Just terrible..

Old
04-05-2012, 01:41 PM
kicksave27

Words of advice for any visiting fan, if you are wearing your teams colors, be prepared to take alot of crap, do not make eye contact with drunk people and do not stand and cheer when your team scores. Remain calm and you probably won't have beer thrown on you. And please do not yell "lets go buff-a-lo" it sounds like a bad hooked on phonics commercial.

kicksave27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 01:43 PM
Buffalo87
thehosers dot com

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicksave27 View Post
Words of advice for any visiting fan, if you are wearing your teams colors, be prepared to take alot of crap, do not make eye contact with drunk people and do not stand and cheer when your team scores. Remain calm and you probably won't have beer thrown on you. And please do not yell "lets go buff-a-lo" it sounds like a bad hooked on phonics commercial.
Haha don't worry, I'm well aware. Like I said, this is a last minute thing and I'm not even coming from home so all I have is my Sabres hat. I'll be fine just wearing that, no? Not at all the obnoxious type, just want to see some good hockey.

Old
04-05-2012, 02:01 PM
CavemanLawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicksave27 View Post
::massive eye roll::

I went to the Pens/Flyers game two or whatever weeks ago at Wells with a group of Pens fans. Not one person said any crap, not one person did anything. The only thing my friends got was one drunk guy saying "Hey all good things gotta come to an end my friend!" in reference to the Pens streak being ended. Everything else according to them (they had different seats than I. I sat with my kin - all my Flyers friends haha) was friendly people talking about hockey in the 90s as my one friend in the group was wearing a Ron Francis Pens jersey and just shooting random **** in general. My friends though A) don't look like ****** bags and letter B) don't act like ****** bags. They said if they lived around Philly they probably would have hung out with everyone that they talked to at the game cause everyone was cool as ****.

And thats how its always been at every game that I've been to with friends who support a different team than the Flyers. It is always the same - they are terrified then end up having a ball with everyone in the stands and having a great time.

Stand a cheer, do whatever, just don't act like morons. You may get a friendly ribbing, laugh and say a friendly joke back. It's no warzone like the posters here and ESPN will like you to believe... Its more like just a really social bar, haha.

CavemanLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 02:21 PM
FlyersMania2

Quote:
Hello gentlemen,

Thanks!

EDIT: I did cruise your "Visitor's guide to Philly" thread but didn't find anything really directly pertaining to this.

The best Philly cheesesteak (and this is what Philly natives will say) is Jim's on South Street. I highly recommend it. Or, if you like chicken cheesesteaks, Ishkabibble's on South Street.

In terms of bars, to avoid the college crowd, go out in Olde City - tons of good spots there.

FlyersMania2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 02:24 PM
Buffalo87
thehosers dot com

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersMania2 View Post
The best Philly cheesesteak (and this is what Philly natives will say) is Jim's on South Street. I highly recommend it. Or, if you like chicken cheesesteaks, Ishkabibble's on South Street.

In terms of bars, to avoid the college crowd, go out in Olde City - tons of good spots there.
I got the same suggestion in terms of Old City from somebody else. Any specific suggestions there or are you pretty safe with any of them?

Old
04-05-2012, 02:30 PM
BWAVgal
Clever comment here

vCash: 176
Time to put a severe dent in the Sabres playoff hopes.

BWAVgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 02:30 PM
FlyersMania2

Quote:
I got the same suggestion in terms of Old City from somebody else. Any specific suggestions there or are you pretty safe with any of them?
It's been awhile, 32 degrees in Olde City was a pretty good hangout. Bleu Martini isn't bad.

Also, for the food and bar experience - The Public House in Philly. I dunno about anymore but that used to be the post-game bar hotspot of the players too

Old
04-05-2012, 03:18 PM
F L Y E R S
Orange & Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersMania2 View Post

This.

F L Y E R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 03:26 PM
FlyersMania2

Quote:
Originally Posted by F L Y E R S View Post
This.
Thank you. It's without a question to me. No other cheesesteak compares. I can't even imagine going anywhere else for one

Old
04-05-2012, 03:44 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

vCash: 300
Another 7-2 win wouldn't be bad.

King Forsberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 04:01 PM
RespectTheCouts
He Eats Souls