HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Prusek recalled by Columbus Feb 27th

Closed Thread

Old
02-28-2006, 10:27 AM
3mta3

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurcorerock
There aren't a lot of teams in cap danger.

And even if they were, they've shown time and again that there are ways to get under that dreaded cap (Jersey).

Plus, I'm just citing the fact that teams could go for players who are salaried through the next year based on the idea that the cap were infact rising.

If the word got out that the cap were staying put or falling, it would be a silent Trade Deadline.

Contrary to popular belief, we won't be seeing GM's commiting seppoku on this deadline
Teams in the running for the Cup are buyers. Out of contention = sellers. So, how many buyers have cap room? And what is the cap hit anyway? I just don't see much that tells me that it's going to be that busy.

I hope I'm wrong though. I love the dealing and the freak-outs over trades. It's like a little mini-Christmas in March.

Old
02-28-2006, 02:05 PM
X0ssbar

Prusek still in the 'Cuse

Good stuff from Crunchfan on Metro:

"It appears as though the recall of goalie Martin Prusek by Columbus on Monday was just a matter of paperwork. The Blue Jackets just want to see if another team claims him on waivers, relieving the organization of half his remaining salary."

http://www.syracuse.com/crunch/weblog/

Guess we can lay any tenders moving to rest for a while..well, at least a day or so.

Old
02-28-2006, 02:13 PM
Matt Foley*

Next up (likely) - Richardson, and perhaps Hrdina.

Luke's a sure thing, IMO; with Hrdina, most likely considering he's probably not in the Jackets' plans for next season. I'm guessing the return for each won't be much more than a mid-round pick in the next draft.

Old
02-28-2006, 02:22 PM
Macster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Foley
Next up (likely) - Richardson, and perhaps Hrdina.

Luke's a sure thing, IMO; with Hrdina, most likely considering he's probably not in the Jackets' plans for next season. I'm guessing the return for each won't be much more than a mid-round pick in the next draft.

I'm fine with a mid round pick for each. My question is though, who becomes second line centre if Hrdina is traded? It would be hard on the Crunch if a guy like Hartigan or another top Crunchie is called up, and it would be ludicrous to call up Brule at this point IMO.

Old
02-28-2006, 02:35 PM
X0ssbar

I just read this quote off of KuklasKorner:

Quote:
GM George McPhee of the Washington Capitals was just on Leafs Lunch and states he would move Witt today if the right offer was made. It is just a matter of time, has talked to several teams and just waiting for the right offer. George mentioned he doesn’t want to trade him, but Witt wants a chance at the Cup. He said he is tired of trading for prospects because most of the time they never work out. The trade may sound good at the time, but down the road the prospects never reach their potential.
Those last two lines are lines that really caught my attention. The guy has a serious point.

Old
02-28-2006, 02:35 PM
falcor

now berard can't be traded cuz he's injured, right?

Old
02-28-2006, 02:41 PM
falcor

TS-that is a good point, but on the other hand..how many established players fail to live up to their expectations? seems like its a roll of the dice whichever way you gamble.

Old
02-28-2006, 02:43 PM
miser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf
Good stuff from Crunchfan on Metro:

"It appears as though the recall of goalie Martin Prusek by Columbus on Monday was just a matter of paperwork. The Blue Jackets just want to see if another team claims him on waivers, relieving the organization of half his remaining salary."

http://www.syracuse.com/crunch/weblog/

Guess we can lay any tenders moving to rest for a while..well, at least a day or so.
If the Sens wanted Prusek, they would claim him off waivers @ half price (or have another team do it and flip him). Adding w/o subtracting is a Muckler credo.

If the Sens deal with Columbus, they have expressed an interest in Vyborny.

Closed Thread