HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Playoffs 2012 Commercial

Old
04-05-2012, 09:08 AM
token grinder

vCash: 500
not a commercial, but a handy peice of writing to give to your significant others in the playoffs....

Letter To My Wife During The Hockey Playoffs

Dearest Love,

As you well know, you are the light of my life; you are my companion through the hills and valleys of this life. Being together with you and our children is what defines my very existence.

When I look into your eyes I still see the woman I fell in love with all those years ago and cannot wait for what life has in store for us next. When you are sleeping beside me at night I know the secret to the meaning of my life.

That said, tonight the NHL playoffs start and we won’t be seeing each other very often for the next few weeks.

The grass will not be mowed as often as you would like and I will not be available for helping with the kid’s bath and bedtimes. The vehicles will most likely only be washed when it rains and please remember to only talk to me during commercials.

I will prefer to watch the games on the big TV, so you will have to DVR your programs and watch them at other times.

Also, during this time I would prefer the refrigerator to be stocked with my favorite hockey-watching foods and beverages. A quick trip to the grocery store every now and then would really mean a lot to me.

Now, we both know that my work schedule will not allow me to watch every game live, so DVR-ing my games will take precedence over anything you would want to watch.

You should expect the living room to look a little more ‘lived in’ than usual, so a bit of extra attention there on your part would be great.

I would hope you have a good attitude when my friends and I wake you and the kids up with our late night yelling at the TV and high-fiving.

Remember that we’re a team and sometimes you need to go the extra mile for the sake of being a team-player.

You will find me to be very upbeat during this time, unless my team ends up losing early on; in which case I will be angry and depressed.

During the action, I will not be able to make it to the refrigerator, so I may need you to be ‘on call’ and bring out an occasional sandwich or drink.

Also, since most games start around 7:00 or 7:30, dinner should be ready no later than 6:30.

I know I don’t need to bring this up, but please try to limit your walking in front of the TV to zero times.

Remember, our love knows no bounds and is a light that never goes out.

Your Loving Husband,

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 09:17 AM
VFL615*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatedandproud View Post
Unbelieveable. People ***** and complain every year that the Preds get no attention, they never get noticed, they never get any publicity. Now comes a commercial for the NHL playoffs that includes a nod to the Preds ... and people want to ***** and complain about it ..................
I started the thread and i thought it was funny. Just continues to show how ignorant the people who live in the North and Canada are to what life is like in the South. They fail to realize thousands of them are moving down here and never going back to the the insane cost of living, dirty, and cold of the North.

VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 01:14 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
I started the thread and i thought it was funny. Just continues to show how ignorant the people who live in the North and Canada are to what life is like in the South. They fail to realize thousands of them are moving down here and never going back to the the insane cost of living, dirty, and cold of the North.
Well no offense but the said ignorance of northerners and Canadians is reciprocated by you when you proclaim that all it is up there is insanely expensive, dirty and too cold and that's why a relatively tiny percentage of people leave there for the south. You claim they "fail to realize" they move here when they "apparently make fun of us" or whatever, but in reality not that much of the general population does that, and you're failing to realize that (while that lifestyle of the north isn't my kind of thing), the north and Canada do have a lot of pretty sweet things up there and many people would never dream of living anywhere else. So really, it is what it is. People can be "ignorant" about the south but only the insecure let it bother them. I don't care what anyone else thinks about where I live. Ignorance is bliss I guess.

Last edited by Drake744: 04-05-2012 at 01:20 PM.
Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 04:09 PM
PhoneGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
not a commercial, but a handy peice of writing to give to your significant others in the playoffs....

Dearest Love,

As you well know, you are the light of my life; you are my companion through the hills and valleys of this life. Being together with you and our children is what defines my very existence.

When I look into your eyes I still see the woman I fell in love with all those years ago and cannot wait for what life has in store for us next. When you are sleeping beside me at night I know the secret to the meaning of my life.

That said, tonight the NHL playoffs start and we won’t be seeing each other very often for the next few weeks.

The grass will not be mowed as often as you would like and I will not be available for helping with the kid’s bath and bedtimes. The vehicles will most likely only be washed when it rains and please remember to only talk to me during commercials.

I will prefer to watch the games on the big TV, so you will have to DVR your programs and watch them at other times.

Also, during this time I would prefer the refrigerator to be stocked with my favorite hockey-watching foods and beverages. A quick trip to the grocery store every now and then would really mean a lot to me.

Now, we both know that my work schedule will not allow me to watch every game live, so DVR-ing my games will take precedence over anything you would want to watch.

You should expect the living room to look a little more ‘lived in’ than usual, so a bit of extra attention there on your part would be great.

I would hope you have a good attitude when my friends and I wake you and the kids up with our late night yelling at the TV and high-fiving.

Remember that we’re a team and sometimes you need to go the extra mile for the sake of being a team-player.

You will find me to be very upbeat during this time, unless my team ends up losing early on; in which case I will be angry and depressed.

During the action, I will not be able to make it to the refrigerator, so I may need you to be ‘on call’ and bring out an occasional sandwich or drink.

Also, since most games start around 7:00 or 7:30, dinner should be ready no later than 6:30.

I know I don’t need to bring this up, but please try to limit your walking in front of the TV to zero times.

Your Loving Husband,
Bravo!!

Make sure you have an extra copy of this printed out and stuck in your wallet so when the police find your body they'll know who did it and why.

PhoneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 04:23 PM
VFL615*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
Well no offense but the said ignorance of northerners and Canadians is reciprocated by you when you proclaim that all it is up there is insanely expensive, dirty and too cold and that's why a relatively tiny percentage of people leave there for the south. You claim they "fail to realize" they move here when they "apparently make fun of us" or whatever, but in reality not that much of the general population does that, and you're failing to realize that (while that lifestyle of the north isn't my kind of thing), the north and Canada do have a lot of pretty sweet things up there and many people would never dream of living anywhere else. So really, it is what it is. People can be "ignorant" about the south but only the insecure let it bother them. I don't care what anyone else thinks about where I live. Ignorance is bliss I guess.
I do not care either. That is why i cleary said it was funny. I hate you got offended and felt the need to type such a long post back. No doubt some areas of the North and Canada are amazing. I have seen it first hand. I have also seen what it is like in Detroit, Philly, Pittsburg, New York, Boston, D.C., Toronto, Buffalo, Cleveland, and the list goes on. I am not ignorant to it. I am also not ignorant to the way the people in those areas feel about us "rednecks" who live below them. They might say you are great in a friendly setting but get into some squabbles with them and see how respectful they are. I am also not ignorant to the populations of Nashville, Atlanta, Tampa Bay, Dallas, Charlotte and etc that are full of people who have moved down here from the North. They moved down here for a reason.

Old
04-05-2012, 04:43 PM
token grinder

it isn't mine. It pops up on various boards come playoff time. I just thought I would share it

Old
04-05-2012, 06:04 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
I do not care either. That is why i cleary said it was funny. I hate you got offended and felt the need to type such a long post back. No doubt some areas of the North and Canada are amazing. I have seen it first hand. I have also seen what it is like in Detroit, Philly, Pittsburg, New York, Boston, D.C., Toronto, Buffalo, Cleveland, and the list goes on. I am not ignorant to it. I am also not ignorant to the way the people in those areas feel about us "rednecks" who live below them. They might say you are great in a friendly setting but get into some squabbles with them and see how respectful they are. I am also not ignorant to the populations of Nashville, Atlanta, Tampa Bay, Dallas, Charlotte and etc that are full of people who have moved down here from the North. They moved down here for a reason.
As a foreigner I don't get all the hype about north south...

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 06:09 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
As a foreigner I don't get all the hype about north south...
Blame the US Civil War in the 1860s. It's a little blown out of proportion these days though. Basically the north tends to think they're more "civilized" and whatnot while Southerners tend to be backwards, slow, not as intelligent, etc. The joke is on the north these days though because like VFL615 said, the southern states are gaining a lot of people from the north because of things like more job opportunities, warmer weather, a more laid back culture, etc.

Old
04-05-2012, 08:03 PM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
Blame the US Civil War in the 1860s. It's a little blown out of proportion these days though. Basically the north tends to think they're more "civilized" and whatnot while Southerners tend to be backwards, slow, not as intelligent, etc. The joke is on the north these days though because like VFL615 said, the southern states are gaining a lot of people from the north because of things like more job opportunities, warmer weather, a more laid back culture, etc.
In England it's the other way around, with Southerners generally thinking they are more sophisticated and cultured while northerners tend to think of themselves as more down to earth and less pompous. The exception being Cornwall in the south west, where many people try to distance themselves from any part of England and would prefer to be self ruled or separated from England entirely.

Quote:

Dearest Love,

I'm not sure if anyone is familiar with it, but there was a parody song during the lockout that hinted at the opposite of this. It was a parody of Green Day called 'Time With Your Wife' about what hockey fans would have to do with their new found time while the league was shut down. I tried to attach it with this post but it wouldn't work for some reason.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 10:19 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffwrx View Post
They are just a few years behind...

This is camping, and this is camping. This is camping, and this is camping. This is camping, and this is camping. This is camping, and this is camping. This is camping, and this is camping.

LET'S GO CAMPING!

... we've come a long way.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 11:59 PM
Adz

My recollection is that FSTN got first round games in the past. You may not need Center Ice for it if you're in the Nashville viewing area.

Yes, tserberis, we Tennessee wives are tough. Menfolk must watch Preds games in the tent because we don't want them talking and disrupting our focus on the game. We started with taking all the drawers, then all of the closet, now we've taken possession of the mancave. It's just the way we are.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:13 AM
predfan24

Quote:

Dearest Love,

Your Loving Husband,

That's a beauty.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:32 AM
Predsboro

haven't seen the commercial in question yet ... but this one still tears my eyes ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiAV0U9X1tU

Predsboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 09:29 AM
VFL615*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predsboro View Post
haven't seen the commercial in question yet ... but this one still tears my eyes ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiAV0U9X1tU
Wow!
Funny things i caught watching this a few more times. Notice the duck fan waving the flag in the camera view and it immediatly wilts when Webers shot is going off.
Also notice at the end away from the dog pile are Weber,Peks, and Horny in each others arms. All three have been huge parts of this season.

Last edited by VFL615*: 04-06-2012 at 09:50 AM.
Old
04-06-2012, 09:35 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 09:45 AM
VFL615*

All the other fans are in bars, houses, and apartments. Then you have a Preds jersey hanging from a tree and people watching t.v. inside a tent in what looks like a houses yard. I do not get it.

Old
04-06-2012, 09:50 AM
token grinder

If anyone is really all hot and bothered by the commercial, their opinion is plain stupid. I am sure the poster may be the brightest crayon in the box, but their opinion is stupid.

Old
04-06-2012, 10:13 AM
YouAreTheGovt

Yeah...not seeing the big deal. Honestly, that's the first time I've seen the Predators or Titans ever promoted in a league commercial amongst other teams.

YouAreTheGovt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 10:37 AM
VFL615*

Any poster who reads this thread and comes to the verdict that anyone who has posted cares, has a problem with, is hot and bothered, or thinks it is a big deal are the ones who appear to have shall we say, "stupid opinions"

No one has posted and said they have a problem. Anyone who wonders how a group of people got together to make a commercial and said, hey lets have this scene and that scene. They decide hey lets include the Nashville Predators. How about show a couple of fans outside in the backyard of a house inside a tent with a Preds jersey hanging from a limb.

Someone curious about something that is clearly odd does not make their opinion stupid.

Old
04-06-2012, 10:41 AM
NoNecksCurse

FSS will get the first round and some of the 2nd round.. a game or 2 of the first round will probably be on NBC (CH 4 or 50 on comcast) .. since were likely playing a big market in detroit or chicago

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:30 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

I would've never thought twice about the commercial it if it wasn't mentioned on here. I would've only liked that they put us in there. I still don't find anything odd about it. Now if they would've put the Preds jersey hanging outside of the first house they showed I might feel like it was a bit strange but the way it is I don't.

I agree with what was said at On The Forecheck:

Quote:
This is the first of the NHL's "Because It's the Cup" promos I've seen with the Preds represented. I think those are kids in the tent as the Nashville fans. The jersey-as-flag idea is cute.

Old
04-06-2012, 01:31 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
FSS will get the first round and some of the 2nd round.. a game or 2 of the first round will probably be on NBC (CH 4 or 50 on comcast) .. since were likely playing a big market in detroit or chicago
If it played out as a Nashville-Phoenix series I think there's at least an 80% chance the media would've forgotten about it.

Old
04-06-2012, 01:44 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

At least they got the drunken Red Wing fans part right

Looks like kids camping out in the backyard, more of a tip of the cap at our younger fans than an insult to our city.

Gnashville is online now   Reply With Quote