HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

4/3/12 - SJS @ DAL - Sharks Win! - 5-2

Old
04-05-2012, 01:23 AM
Chairman Mallard
GO DUCKS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickmata View Post
Here's the link so you can watch it again. Patty never touches Souray. The puck is rimmed around and stopped on the half boards by Souray. Pavelski bodies him and creates the turnover. Marleau is dropping into the corner when the puck is chipped his way by Pavelski and then Patty is bodied, not the other way around. Marleau's doesn't initiate any of the contact and his forecheck doesn't create the turnover, nor does he make the pass to Thornton. All he does is execute proper puck support on the forecheck. If this play is your basis for claiming Marleau's a great forechecker, then the league is full of exceptional forecheckers. He's decent because of his speed and his hands; which is offset by his penchant for being possibly the softest 6'2"/200+ hockey player in the world. By soft I don't mean weak, I mean he seems totally unwilling to initiate much of any contact or use his size and strength to his advantage.

http://video.sharks.nhl.com/videocen...DAL628&lang=en
I disagree with you. I think he used his speed to get to the puck coming from a much further distance than Souray, he uses his size and strength to shield the puck from Souray, and he makes the right play by getting it back to Pavelski, who immediately sets up Thornton.

I disagreed with your initial analysis of Patty standing alone in the corner, at no point in that play was Patty standing alone doing nothing in the corner.

Last edited by Chairman Mallard: 04-05-2012 at 01:35 AM.
Chairman Mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 01:26 AM
Clowe Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
I'm pretty sure Mike Richards plays defense and before someone says Clowe has intangibles/leadership, Richards brings that too and probably even more.
Just a comparison. Richards is the better overall player, but for as bad of a season Clowe has had, he has more points.

Richards is also making 5.75/yr for the next 1000 years. 42 points in 72 games for that price is terrible, regardless of the rest of his game.

Clowe Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 01:29 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Me View Post
Just a comparison. Richards is the better overall player, but for as bad of a season Clowe has had, he has more points.

Richards is also making 5.75/yr for the next 1000 years. 42 points in 72 games for that price is terrible, regardless of the rest of his game.
Richards has had a horrid year in all facets of the game. He was supposed to take hard minutes to let Kopitar do his thang offensively, but he's been so bad that Kopi is on shutdown duty again.

And I bopped over to the Kings forum and apparently one of the poster's girlfriend lives next door to Richards and spied on him and Carter tanning in the backyard.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 01:29 AM
Les Wynan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Me View Post

Richards was godawful earlier in the season but since the trade for Carter - who's always been a better player than Richards dating back to their Philly days IMO - Richards' underlying numbers have skyrocketed. I guess the points haven't really followed (or maybe they have - I don't pay attention to that) but they will eventually.

Les Wynan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 01:32 AM
Gene Parmesan
Spider 2 Y Banana.

He missed his party buddy. They need a reality show.

Gene Parmesan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 01:38 AM
wtfisthis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
And I bopped over to the Kings forum and apparently one of the poster's girlfriend lives next door to Richards and spied on him and Carter tanning in the backyard.
That is hilarious

wtfisthis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 01:42 AM
ERB82

Quote:

GTL bro

ERB82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 01:43 AM
Chairman Mallard
GO DUCKS

Quote:
Richards has had a horrid year in all facets of the game. He was supposed to take hard minutes to let Kopitar do his thang offensively, but he's been so bad that Kopi is on shutdown duty again.

Haha, those guys are such Bros

Chairman Mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 01:44 AM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

Quote:

$10 says they were wearing sunglasses to hide the red eyes.

Mafoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 01:46 AM
JayP812
The Team of Tomorrow

Lombardi logic: Shipped out of Philidelphia because they were acting like douchey frat boys, lets bring them to the biggest party scene in the world!

JayP812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 01:54 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1379
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayP812 View Post
Lombardi logic: Shipped out of Philidelphia because they were acting like douchey frat boys, lets bring them to the biggest party scene in the world!
Lombardi logic: Simmonds is a bad influence on Doughty. Let's trade him and acquire Richards and Carter!!!1!!1!

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 02:08 AM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

They'll be the perfect rolemodels to a guy like Doughty.

Mafoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 02:08 AM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

Less soda more vodka

Graveland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 02:10 AM
Phu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Wynan View Post
Pretty obvious this dude doesn't watch the games.
Oh no, I don't think this is the case. It would be much better if this was true. But I think something else has hit Sharks nation this year, a dark sickness I would like to call PDD -- PDO Deficiency Derangement syndrome.

In the extreme mental stress and anguish of results contrary to game play, as a low-PDO slump builds, PDD takes hold and causes its sufferers to lose touch with reality. Immediately upon the final buzzer confirming each loss in a low-PDO swing, memories of the actual gameplay are replaced by terrifying images of inept play.

At first these images are based on real-life events that occurred in the game, whose importance and prevalence are vastly overestimated. But as a long bout of PDD builds, fewer and fewer observations have any grounding in reality until the ultimate stage is reached, in which the PDD sufferer begins to assign random qualitative judgments to the low-PDO team in general, especially a "lack of effort" or "lack of heart." This symptom is called the Sign of De Lusianne, for Dr. Gran De Lusianne, who did much seminal work on identifying this syndrome.

PDD is terrible affliction but fortunately it is reversible. As PDO returns to a normal level, as it always does, PDD usually subsides and its symptoms are summarily forgotten by the sufferer, who will steadfastly refuse to acknowledge his or her prior hysteria if reminded of it.

Last edited by Phu: 04-05-2012 at 02:16 AM.
Phu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 02:11 AM
WantonAbandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by juantimer View Post
Oh no, I don't think this is the case. It would be much better if this was true. But I think something else has hit Sharks nation this year, a dark sickness I would like to call PDD -- PDO Deficiency Derangement syndrome.

In the extreme mental stress and anguish of results contrary to game play, as a low-PDO slump builds, PDD takes hold and causes its sufferers to lose touch with reality. Immediately upon the final buzzer confirming each loss in a low-PDO swing, memories of the actual gameplay are replaced by terrifying images of inept play.

At first these images are based on real-life events that occurred in the game, whose importance and prevalence are vastly overestimated. But as a long bout of PDD builds, fewer and fewer observations have any grounding in reality until the ultimate stage is reached, in which the PDD sufferer begins to assign random qualitative judgments to the low-PDO team in general, especially a "lack of effort" or "lack of heart."

PDD is terrible affliction but fortunately it is reversible. As PDO returns to a normal level, as it always does, PDD usually subsides and its symptoms are summarily forgotten by the sufferer, who will steadfastly refuse to acknowledge his or her prior hysteria if reminded of it.
PDO is not a disease man....

WantonAbandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 02:16 AM
AstroDan
Stars, cars, guitars

vCash: 0
Watch the clip of Lehtonen save on Pavs around 10minutes 1st period.
After this sequence, Jumbo breaks his stick, Patty goes beast mode and makes (another) perfect pass that Burns blasts wide allowing a Dallas much-needed line change.

He's not soft.

AstroDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 02:18 AM
Phu

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantonAbandon View Post
PDO is not a disease man....
PDD is the disease. Low PDO is the causative factor. The only known treatment is regression to mean therapy, but it is remarkably effective.

Phu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 02:19 AM
AstroDan
Stars, cars, guitars

vCash: 0
I'd say midnight needs to get here so we'll have something (LA GDT) pertainant (sp?) to post about!

AstroDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 12:22 PM
Stickmata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman Mallard View Post
I disagree with you. I think he used his speed to get to the puck coming from a much further distance than Souray, he uses his size and strength to shield the puck from Souray, and he makes the right play by getting it back to Pavelski, who immediately sets up Thornton.

I disagreed with your initial analysis of Patty standing alone in the corner, at no point in that play was Patty standing alone doing nothing in the corner.
Souray isn't the player down low with Marleau. Souray is the player on the half boards that corrals the puck on the rim around. Who is then hit by Pavelski, causing the turnover. Souray and Marleau never touch. If Pavelski doesn't pressure and create that turnover, the puck is headed out of the zone in the other direction and never even gets to Marleau.

Pavelski is the F1 on this play and Marleau is the F2, whose responsibility is puck support, which he does very well. He's a great F2, not so much an F1.

Stickmata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 06:00 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickmata View Post
Souray isn't the player down low with Marleau. Souray is the player on the half boards that corrals the puck on the rim around. Who is then hit by Pavelski, causing the turnover. Souray and Marleau never touch. If Pavelski doesn't pressure and create that turnover, the puck is headed out of the zone in the other direction and never even gets to Marleau.

Pavelski is the F1 on this play and Marleau is the F2, whose responsibility is puck support, which he does very well. He's a great F2, not so much an F1.
It wasn't Souray that he beat the puck to, it was Robidas. Marleau still has to make that play otherwise Robidas takes it and clears it out.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote