HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Playoff Avatar Voting Thread! (Examples in post #1)

View Poll Results: Which avatar should we use this post-season?
Ancient Aliens 71 51.45%
#therightway 48 34.78%
Soft Team 3 2.17%
Broadway Hat 8 5.80%
Lucky Team 3 2.17%
Bad Team 5 3.62%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
04-04-2012, 07:05 PM
DMPD
Offseasons Greetings

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
The Qvistian and RPG themes are the newer ones that seem to be caching on. I think if you make a final poll it should be between Ancient Aliens, #therightway, Qvistians and RPG. I really like them all. This is gonna be fun to see which comes out on top.
If Qvistians gets a mock-up, I will consider it. If I do one for it, it will be tomorrow. I don't see a whole lot of people saying they want to change their vote for either of those as much as saying they'd be cool ideas.

In the end people are probably just going to end up picking what they want anyway because if the one they voted for didn't win, they won't want to use the one that did.

04-05-2012, 04:04 PM
DMPD
Offseasons Greetings

Qvistians:

Thoughts?

Last edited by DMPD: 04-05-2012 at 04:31 PM.
Old
04-05-2012, 04:28 PM
Killem Dafoe
Global Moderator
Regular Salad

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Qvistians:

Thoughts?
i dig it a lot. maybe without the exclamation mark after qvistians but i'm weird like that, it's actually pretty amazing my dude.

Old
04-05-2012, 04:29 PM
we want cup
Ants in the Pants

Quote:
Qvistians:

Thoughts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
i dig it a lot. maybe without the exclamation mark after qvistians but i'm weird like that, it's actually pretty amazing my dude.
Agreed. Ditch the exclamation point and I love it. By far my favorite.

RANGERS =
Old
04-05-2012, 04:30 PM
DMPD
Offseasons Greetings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
Thanks, I wasn't sure about the exclamation myself, so I may just change it.

Old
04-05-2012, 04:31 PM
DMPD
Offseasons Greetings

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Agreed. Ditch the exclamation point and I love it. By far my favorite.
Done.

Old
04-05-2012, 04:33 PM
Killem Dafoe
Global Moderator
Regular Salad

Quote:
Done.
perfect. i love it a lot i'm looking up bible versus fir inspiration. my parents would be so proud.

Old
04-05-2012, 04:39 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Austin 3:16.

But really, John 3:16 would probably be a good one.

I have to find the verses that Iron Maiden sings in The Number Of The Beast.

Old
04-05-2012, 04:42 PM
KingWantsCup
Grinch who stole...

vCash: 350
Here's another Qvistian themed avatar. Fits at 18kb.

Suggestions or thoughts?

Btw nice Qvistian theme Ailurophile.

Old
04-05-2012, 04:42 PM
Killem Dafoe
Global Moderator
Regular Salad

i wanna use something around "he who lives in a glass house should not throw stones."

"He who is in Hanks house should not score goals." lol that's a stretch but i'm bored

Old
04-05-2012, 04:46 PM
DMPD
Offseasons Greetings

Quote:

Suggestions or thoughts?

Nice, will add it to the first page.

Old
04-05-2012, 04:48 PM
DoTheBlue
Great Expectations

Quote:
Qvistians:

Thoughts?
Quote:

Suggestions or thoughts?

Both are good.

Old
04-05-2012, 04:49 PM
The Lunatic Fridge

Send a message via AIM to The Lunatic Fridge Send a message via MSN to The Lunatic Fridge
If people are going for the video game Avatars, Someone should make a "FLAWLESS VICTORY" Avy of the rangers sweeping the flyers. Mortal Kombat ftw

Old
04-05-2012, 04:49 PM
Killem Dafoe
Global Moderator
Regular Salad

"Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's save percentage." lol sorry

Old
04-05-2012, 05:01 PM
NYPhoenix

All of them are great, #therightway is my pick however.

Old
04-05-2012, 05:19 PM
DMPD
Offseasons Greetings

Okay ladies and gents, voting has completed. As it stands now, Ancient Aliens is our winner. There were a few last minute additions so I will allow people to make a compelling argument for why we should have a revote with Ancient Aliens, #therightway and the newest ones (Qvistian, RPG, Mayan) so that it is the case we have the best possible avatar and theme for the playoffs.

If there isn't a lot of attention or interest in a final showdown revote for over the weekend then Ancient Aliens is what we will go to battle with.

Old
04-05-2012, 05:21 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Okay ladies and gents, voting has completed. As it stands now, Ancient Aliens is our winner. There were a few last minute additions so I will allow people to make a compelling argument for why we should have a revote with Ancient Aliens, #therightway and the newest ones (Qvistian, RPG, Mayan) so that it is the case we have the best possible avatar and theme for the playoffs.

If there isn't a lot of attention or interest in a final showdown revote for over the weekend then Ancient Aliens is what we will go to battle with.
I believe that #therightway should not be in the revote. It already lost.

I believe we should have a final vote between "Ancient Aliens" and "Qvistian"

Old
04-05-2012, 05:25 PM
DMPD
Offseasons Greetings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyday Im Hagelin View Post
I believe that #therightway should not be in the revote. It already lost.

I believe we should have a final vote between "Ancient Aliens" and "Qvistian"
I'll consider this as a possibility, but one thing you may have to account for is a lot of those votes that went to 'Broadway Hat,' 'Lucky,' 'Soft Team,' and what have you, may actually go to #therightway and tip the scales in favor, or at least tighten the gap.

Honestly I think Qvistian is a nice in between theme that has a humorous side, as well as a serious and team-based side to it as well. It may make a good middle ground that everyone could get on board with. I still really like Ancient Aliens, but if #therightway folk could meet us in the middle for Qvistian, that might be the better choice.

I guess we'll see what people think tonight.

Old
04-05-2012, 05:28 PM
Krampus
Call me Nils

vCash: 420
Quote:
Qvistians:

Thoughts?
That is... Beautiful

Old
04-05-2012, 05:41 PM
KingWantsCup
Grinch who stole...

Quote:

Old
04-05-2012, 05:42 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

Quote:

Let Aliens and #therightway go head to head. Aliens barely got over 50% of the vote, hardly a mandate. And #therightway was the only other option to get solid support. Don't crowd the voting again with all these latecomers. From the non-hockey side we already have aliens. For those who want a mantra coming straight from the team we have #therightway. Lets get a true head to head and see what happens.

Old
04-05-2012, 05:45 PM
DMPD
Offseasons Greetings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
Let Aliens and #therightway go head to head. Aliens barely got over 50% of the vote, hardly a mandate. And #therightway was the only other option to get solid support. Don't crowd the voting again with all these latecomers. From the non-hockey side we already have aliens. For those who want a mantra coming straight from the team we have #therightway. Lets get a true head to head and see what happens.
No, even if we gave #therightway every vote that went to something else that wasn't #therightway, or Ancient Aliens, (and include the 3 votes from people who could not poll vote) the vote would still be 72 AA - 69 #therightway. Much closer? Yes, but that's how elections are held, it doesn't matter if it is one vote, or 100.

There is no reason to do this.

Edit: Unless for some reason the majority feel this way. In which case, it shall be so.

Last edited by DMPD: 04-05-2012 at 05:54 PM.
Old
04-05-2012, 05:47 PM
KingWantsCup
Grinch who stole...

Quote:
Aliens and #therightway had avatars from day 1. It would only be fair to include some of the newer ideas in a new poll.

Old
04-05-2012, 06:22 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

Quote:
I'll consider this as a possibility, but one thing you may have to account for is a lot of those votes that went to 'Broadway Hat,' 'Lucky,' 'Soft Team,' and what have you, may actually go to #therightway and tip the scales in favor, or at least tighten the gap.

Honestly I think Qvistian is a nice in between theme that has a humorous side, as well as a serious and team-based side to it as well. It may make a good middle ground that everyone could get on board with. I still really like Ancient Aliens, but if #therightway folk could meet us in the middle for Qvistian, that might be the better choice.

I guess we'll see what people think tonight.
On the Qvistians, I don't think it's actually logically consistent in the first place. If hank is the god, why are the commandments about other players instead of him? It also separates him from the team, a big part of the team this year is doing it #therightway, as a team.

I don't know, maybe I'm also just a little sick of all the religious stuff from Tebow already

What about, didn't someone suggest somthing with torts, "What the hell kind of a question is that?" quip? I don't know if it ever got a mock up, but I thought that had potential if we wanted to run a different team based one against the random internet humor based one. Something like have a question that people had about our team going into the year that turned out to be bs.

example:
Panel 1: Torts, do you think Gaborik can have a bounce back year?

panel 2: What the hell kind of a question is that?

or could be a pic of a snipe for 2

Old
04-05-2012, 06:37 PM
DMPD
Offseasons Greetings

Quote:
On the Qvistians, I don't think it's actually logically consistent in the first place. If hank is the god, why are the commandments about other players instead of him? It also separates him from the team, a big part of the team this year is doing it #therightway, as a team.

I don't know, maybe I'm also just a little sick of all the religious stuff from Tebow already

What about, didn't someone suggest somthing with torts, "What the hell kind of a question is that?" quip? I don't know if it ever got a mock up, but I thought that had potential if we wanted to run a different team based one against the random internet humor based one. Something like have a question that people had about our team going into the year that turned out to be bs.

example:
Panel 1: Torts, do you think Gaborik can have a bounce back year?

panel 2: What the hell kind of a question is that?

or could be a pic of a snipe for 2
It's not an awful idea, but I am reluctant to do another Torts centered theme because we did 'Torts kind of guy' last season.

No, Henrik is not God, Qvistian = Christian = Qvist = Christ. Henrik would be Jesus in Qvistianity. The commandments can be about anything really seeing as they are not about God at all, but rules God has set for man to follow.

Closed Thread