HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Ference vs Neal

Old
04-04-2012, 11:15 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
You mean when Neal reverse checked McQuaid? wasn't close to an elbow.
It wasn't even a reverse hit, McQuaid went into the hit really awkwardly and hurt himself as a result. Neal's elbow didn't even touch him, jesus, now they're even going to complain when their players hurt themselves.

Zen Arcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 01:00 AM
ponder

Neal by a fairly large margin.

Pretty crazy there was no instigator there, doesn't get any more clear than that.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 01:37 AM
SauceHockey
Retired

Jack Edwards

SauceHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 08:02 AM
Spawnisen
Believe.

Instigator much?

Spawnisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 09:22 AM
kammyBlazer*

Edwards is a joke.

kammyBlazer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 12:29 PM
DoctrSteveBrule
BrooksOrpeck

its funny how Bruins fans have become the fighting police. They really think that everything that happens on the ice can be settled by dropping the gloves. If someone chirps you, why don't try and score...thats much more damaging than wrestling around in the corner.

Also, lol at people calling Lucic a legitmate heavyweight.

DoctrSteveBrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 01:28 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by millzee53 View Post
its funny how Bruins fans have become the fighting police. They really think that everything that happens on the ice can be settled by dropping the gloves. If someone chirps you, why don't try and score...thats much more damaging than wrestling around in the corner.

I see jealousy is your strongest attribute.

VeddarRants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 01:45 PM
BlackNgold 84

Quote:

This post reaks of some kind of butt hurt.. and LOL at you for not thinking lucic is a legitimate heavyweight. He wasn't voted by his peers as the most initimidating player in the league.

BlackNgold 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 01:52 PM
schmidtlesauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptxMorgan View Post
I think it's a combination of Neal being big and Ference being tiny, I don't think I've seen the guy go with anyone who wasn't at least 2-3 inches taller than him.
Ference fought Crosby and i think they're the same height

schmidtlesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 02:05 PM
JMiller

Quote:
Well he's got wins over guys like Carkner, Prust, Erskine, Roshill, Neil.

Not sure what you consider a heavyweight to be these days. . .

JMiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 02:38 PM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Nice fight, completely dominated by Neal.

He didnt seem to have any fear at all and was willing to take one, just to give a few. I especially liked that uppercut.

Well done Neal.

Frolov 6'3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 03:25 PM
Le Casque de Mats

Quote:
Yeah it's kind of an obsession down there. Weird. I think it's getting to the point where the opposing player should fight after scoring a goal.

And probably the players who had the assists too. Can't do that to the Bruins..

Le Casque de Mats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 03:37 PM
ryedog*
Triple Gold Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
Should have been an instigator...still made me laugh how the Bruins targeted Neal all night because he had the audacity to actually play Chara tough in the last game...it didn't exactly work to take him off his game and he sure as hell had no reason to fight Lucic.

Neal won the fight, Edwards' takedown comment was laughable (as is everything else he says), but it wasn't exactly a dominating fight by Neal, either. It was a pretty typical almost no punches landed fight from two guys that probably shouldn't drop the gloves too often.

Cool. Fighting is a part of Lucic's game...it isn't part of Neal's game. Neal had nothing to answer for and no reason to fight Lucic (or anyone who doesn't jump him).
How the hell would you know why Lucic wanted to fight Neal? You're simply guessing, don't try and spew that off as a fact.

As for the fight, slight edge to Neal, and that's nothing to brag about in this case. (not saying that you are)

Also Ference did get the 'takedown, so I'm not too sure what's so amusing about Edwards call there.

ryedog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 03:42 PM
ryedog*
Triple Gold Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post
Sad showing by Neal, who fights Ference to a draw. He's got 3-4 inches and 25 pounds on Ference. This guy is suppose to be a power forward?
No doubt, I still hate how the term 'power forward is being handed out to just about any player like candy these days.

ryedog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 03:55 PM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryedog View Post
How the hell would you know why Lucic wanted to fight Neal? You're simply guessing, don't try and spew that off as a fact.

As for the fight, slight edge to Neal, and that's nothing to brag about in this case. (not saying that you are)

Also Ference did get the 'takedown, so I'm not too sure what's so amusing about Edwards call there.

No doubt, I still hate how the term 'power forward is being handed out to just about any player like candy these days.
Wow, 'the takedown'. This isnt wrestling, this is hockey on skates. Ference had nothing to say, 'slight edge' my ***.

And what was Neal supposed to do, give him a hug ? Ference had dropped the gloves already and Neal didnt even know what was going on. What a ridiculous thing to bash Neal because of his size advantage and its even more ridiculous to repeat this again.

Some people, unbelievable.

Frolov 6'3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 04:13 PM
MerrimackBruin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Casque de Mats View Post
Yeah it's kind of an obsession down there. Weird. I think it's getting to the point where the opposing player should fight after scoring a goal.

Way to generalize. Butt Hurt. Cant wait to see the teams turn up the physical when the playoffs start. The B's have a tough team and we embrace it. Maybe if your team was tougher you would be making the playof... Ill stop.

MerrimackBruin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 04:36 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:

I hate Lucic as much as anybody, but c'mon.

Bring_Bak_Damphousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 05:46 PM
N o o d l e s

Quote:

I'm so jealous, I wish the B's would adopt the same style of play as Montreal

N o o d l e s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 06:28 PM
RyK15*

Ference is the king of making bad fighters look tough. The guy got beat by Crosby for God's sake.

RyK15* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 07:17 PM
PJ StockBB

Quote:

yea, we're the fighting police for suggesting all you geniuses don't have some special power and don't know everything that goes on at ice level. sorry. how could you not know everything that is going on at ice level while watching the game from your home? excuse me, didn't know you had some special power...

Quote:

but hey, this habs fan agrees with you. no bias there! you must of said something useful. i'll keep looking for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryb View Post
Ference is the king of making bad fighters look tough. The guy got beat by Crosby for God's sake.
yep, you have no clue what you are talking about.

check his fight card, he has fought some tough guys and does pretty well. the crosby fight was weak, but you just made it clear that's the only Ference fight you have ever seen.

why do people come here and post about things they have zero knowledge about?

PJ StockBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 07:29 PM
Le Casque de Mats

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerrimackBruin View Post
Way to generalize. Butt Hurt. Cant wait to see the teams turn up the physical when the playoffs start. The B's have a tough team and we embrace it. Maybe if your team was tougher you would be making the playof... Ill stop.
Yeah...this is another thing with this board; whatever you say, you're ''butt hurt'' Relax. Your team is pretty good. I personally just don't get the obssession some fans have about fights. Sometimes some of them seem nearly sexually aroused by watching 2 hockey players involved in a fight. But hey, to each his own passions I guess.

You chirp, Fiighttt!! Are you lookin' at me?? Fighhhttt!

Le Casque de Mats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 07:36 PM
hockeymass

Quote:
Yeah...this is another thing with this board; whatever you say, you're ''butt hurt'' Relax. Your team is pretty good. I personally just don't get the obssession some fans have about fights. Sometimes some of them seem nearly sexually aroused by watching 2 hockey players involved in a fight. But hey, to each his own passions I guess.

You chirp, Fiighttt!! Are you lookin' at me?? Fighhhttt!
No, nobody is sexually aroused.

That said, watching a good fight is enjoyable. You can't tell me watching Lucic hammer Komisarek isn't good fun.

hockeymass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 07:43 PM
RyK15*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryedog View Post
True dat yo. The only real power forwards in the East are Lucic, Hartnell, and Simmonds.

Last edited by RyK15*: 04-05-2012 at 07:49 PM.
Old
04-05-2012, 07:48 PM
RyK15*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ StockBB View Post

check his fight card, he has fought some tough guys and does pretty well. the crosby fight was weak, but you just made it clear that's the only Ference fight you have ever seen.

why do people come here and post about things they have zero knowledge about?
Hahahaha Jack Edwards has clearly brainwashed you. The only guys that Ference has beaten in the last 5 years are Scott Nichol and Adam Burish. Jeez, I need a minute to let all that toughness waft over me.

Old
04-05-2012, 08:46 PM
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.

A fight between James Neal and Andrew Ference causes a four page thread.

Gene Parmesan is online now   Reply With Quote