HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NCAA College Hockey Tournament -- Frozen Four: April 5-7, 2012

Old
04-05-2012, 09:40 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1932
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
The best thing about BC winning is that Krieder probably won't be able to join the Rangers for the playoffs. he would need to sign a deal by Saturday and that's when the season ends and also the final four. I heard someone say on twitter it takes 24 hours for the agent to revise all the details in the contract. So that will be helpful at least for the Flyers.
I'm not sure if that is true. Plus, there was an opposing thought here:

Quote:
PHILADELPHIA -- The Rangers are not facing a Saturday night deadline to sign Chris Kreider in order for the Boston College junior winger to be eligible to play in the NHL playoffs, The Post has confirmed with multiple sources.

According to NHL bylaw 28, players are eligible to play in the playoffs if they are on their respective teamís reserve list as of 3 p.m. the day of the trade deadline.

Kreider, the 19th overall selection in the 2009 Entry Draft, was indeed on the Rangers reserve list as of the Feb. 27 trade deadline and thus would be eligible to play for them once he signs an NHL contract.

A CBC-affiliated blog on Monday erroneously reported that the Rangers would have to sign Kreider by Saturdayís conclusion of the regular season in order for him to be playoff-eligible.
http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/slapsh...#ixzz1rDxjoTYq

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 09:42 PM
Prongo
Beer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
I'm not sure if that is true. Plus, there was an opposing thought here:

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/slapsh...#ixzz1rDxjoTYq
God damn people on twitter! Thanks for the correct info.

I thought it was Friedman who was the one who said that too. I have to go back and check. Not sure. the article you listed also says CBC blog though.

Last edited by Prongo: 04-05-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 10:43 PM
GoneFullHextall
JR=clueless

vCash: 50
I think Krieder is more likely to be headed to the AHL first then the Rangers.

I cant see BC losing on Saturday. They have made the last 2 opponents(both better then Ferris State) look very bad.
btw I like what I saw out of Coburn's little brother today for Union. He was probably their best player.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 10:46 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
I think Krieder is more likely to be headed to the AHL first then the Rangers.
Did you hear Barry Melrose's faux pas tonight? "Boston College sent many players to Herb Brooks and the Miracle on Ice."

Apparently, his Twitter was jammed after that with irate people of a certain rival.

Old
04-05-2012, 10:51 PM
GoneFullHextall
JR=clueless

Quote:
Did you hear Barry Melrose's faux pas tonight? "Boston College sent many players to Herb Brooks and the Miracle on Ice."

Apparently, his Twitter was jammed after that with irate people of a certain rival.
I was actually getting something to drink when he said it but I heard him correcting himself later. yeah its not good to get BC and BU confused in these parts.

Old
04-05-2012, 11:21 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vbookie has now been updated for the Finals' game:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1155629

Old
04-06-2012, 02:03 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Yea guys, Kreider can and most likely will join us for the playoffs. He was on our reserve list at the trade deadline, which means there is no deadline to get him signed. Our Assistant GM, Gorton is in Tampa waiting for them to either win or lose the Finals, and he is going to get a deal done with him. From all accounts, including Sather, it sure sounds like he'll be joining us for the playoffs.

We have absolutely no injury depth. If someone goes out, we have John Scott. You can bet your ass that Kreider will be on our roster.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 03:48 PM
Fenza
G-Rouxnit

Quote:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who caught that.

Fenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 10:27 PM
GoneFullHextall
JR=clueless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyday Im Hagelin View Post
Yea guys, Kreider can and most likely will join us for the playoffs. He was on our reserve list at the trade deadline, which means there is no deadline to get him signed. Our Assistant GM, Gorton is in Tampa waiting for them to either win or lose the Finals, and he is going to get a deal done with him. From all accounts, including Sather, it sure sounds like he'll be joining us for the playoffs.

We have absolutely no injury depth. If someone goes out, we have John Scott. You can bet your ass that Kreider will be on our roster.
I still think hes headed to the Whale before joining the Rangers. The kid is no doubt a outstanding prospect, but hes going to need some time to adjust to the pro game.
Asking him to step into playoff hockey at the NHL level for your first pro experience could be a bit overwhelming.
The Whale have players who have played at the NHL level who can step in for injury.