HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All things positive thread

Old
04-05-2012, 09:50 AM
VFL615*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Now is the time to bring back this thread and change things on here. The season is a success no matter how anyone tries to say otherwise. With 2 games to go we are 1 point from home ice advantage and still have a great chance at it. I'm not scared of Chicago or Detroit and you shouldn't be either. Let's all stop being scared babies and get ready to rock these playoffs.
Amen! Preds are not going to go any higher unless they go through Detroit or Chicago. Either man up and throw bows or sit and bit your nails hoping you do not have to play them in the first round. We can beat ANY team in the WC and we have proved that this year. Folks better hope the players are not sitting around shaking over Detroit, Chicago, home ice, or whatever or it will be an early bag packing for sure.

VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 10:08 AM
predfan24

This team can beat anyone and they can be beat by anyone realistically. It doesn't matter to me what happens these last two games. I know when they turn it on this is a very good team. Unfortunately we are going to be playing another very good team as well first round. In a way I'm kind of glad the Preds are going to be facing a fierce competitor the 1st round. The Preds have never beaten a team in the playoffs that was viewed as a powerhouse around the league. Last year beating Anaheim was great and everything but they were a flawed team and I think most, including me, felt the Preds were a better team and should win the series. I think the mental boost of beating a Detroit in the first round could propel them deep. It's a hump the Preds will have to get over eventually might as well do it first round. Bring them on!

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 10:16 AM
Preds311

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
This team can beat anyone and they can be beat by anyone realistically. It doesn't matter to me what happens these last two games. I know when they turn it on this is a very good team. Unfortunately we are going to be playing another very good team as well first round. In a way I'm kind of glad the Preds are going to be facing a fierce competitor the 1st round. The Preds have never beaten a team in the playoffs that was viewed as a powerhouse around the league. Last year beating Anaheim was great and everything but they were a flawed team and I think most, including me, felt the Preds were a better team and should win the series. I think the mental boost of beating a Detroit in the first round could propel them deep. It's a hump the Preds will have to get over eventually might as well do it first round. Bring them on!
My thoughts exactly.

Preds311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 10:30 AM
token grinder

remember though, last year Anaheim was the hottest team in the league going into the playoffs.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 10:33 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
remember though, last year Anaheim was the hottest team in the league going into the playoffs.
Yep, that series was a toss up at best.

Sorry to bring negativity to the positivity thread, but history tells me Chicago and Detroit have a different gear come playoff time... and the officials exchange their stripes for Detroit Red during the playoffs. Do I think we can beat Detroit? Yes. Do I think we will, yes, but only if we jump out to a lead in the series and a bit part of that is getting home ice. As long as we take care of business tonight, I am liking our chances. Absolutely the biggest game of the season.

This season has to be judged by the playoffs, we are no longer a "gosh I hope we make it team." Good regular season, show me the next gear playoffs.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 10:37 AM
Barresi

Didn't know where to post this, but Recchi was just on the radio here in Boston and said he would love to see the Preds win the Cup.

Just thought I'd drop by with some positivity for you guys.

Barresi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 12:18 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
Personally I don't prescribe to the theory that you have to be hot going into the playoffs to succeed. If your going in ice cold I could see that being a concern. Anaheim just wasn't that great of a team last year. No depth, mediocre D and questionable goaltending. Whoever we get this year first round will be tougher.

Old
04-05-2012, 12:51 PM
VFL615*

Quote:
Personally I don't prescribe to the theory that you have to be hot going into the playoffs to succeed. If your going in ice cold I could see that being a concern. Anaheim just wasn't that great of a team last year. No depth, mediocre D and questionable goaltending. Whoever we get this year first round will be tougher.
The Ducks were one of the most dangerous and skilled teams in the league last year with plenty of depth.
They had 20 players with over 20+ points. 7 players with 40+ points.
Corey Perry-98 Points
Teemu Selanne-80 Points
Ryan Getzlaf-76 Points
Bobby Ryan- 71 Points
Lubomir Visnovsky-68 Points

They lost because are D and Peks played out of this world and kept thier O in check. We were lucky Hiller was hurt. We did not blow them out but goaltending and them thinking they could out score us lost them the series.

Old
04-05-2012, 12:56 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
While I do agree, as do most others on here I believe, the hypocrisy of us all who will blame anything and everything for yet another first round loss if we lose to them would be staggering. We have this mindset now, but if we do get a beast in the first round and lose, not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barresi View Post
Didn't know where to post this, but Recchi was just on the radio here in Boston and said he would love to see the Preds win the Cup.

ha interesting. Well, I'll take that in our corner.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 01:11 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
The Ducks were one of the most dangerous and skilled teams in the league last year with plenty of depth.
They had 20 players with over 20+ points. 7 players with 40+ points.
Corey Perry-98 Points
Teemu Selanne-80 Points
Ryan Getzlaf-76 Points
Bobby Ryan- 71 Points
Lubomir Visnovsky-68 Points

They lost because are D and Peks played out of this world and kept thier O in check. We were lucky Hiller was hurt. We did not blow them out but goaltending and them thinking they could out score us lost them the series.
Let's just say I disagree with you. They were a top heavy team with bad depth after their top six. The Defense was mediocre. Vishnosky and Lydman had great regular season but overachieved greatly and it showed during the playoff series. Fowler was not good defensively. Sbisa still had struggles and then they relied on stalwarts like Broobank,Lilja and Sutton. The D was not ideal to be battling with in the playoffs.

Vishnosky's regular season stats were greatly aided by a potent PP. Their first unit powerplay performed out of this world last year. A knowledgeable fan could easily see that the Preds were getting the better of the play the majority of the series. The only reason the series was as close as it was is because Anaheim had their PP going at an unsustainable rate.

I stick with the assertion this year's match up will be much tougher than last years and I feel strongly about that.

Old
04-05-2012, 01:17 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barresi View Post

Coming from as classy a guy as Recchi is, I'll take it.

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 01:19 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
While I do agree, as do most others on here I believe, the hypocrisy of us all who will blame anything and everything for yet another first round loss if we lose to them would be staggering. We have this mindset now, but if we do get a beast in the first round and lose, not so much.

And I will be right there being a hypocrite with everyone else. It's hard not to think emotionally and irrationally after you just watched your team get knocked out the playoffs. But I know after I calm down as long as the Preds played as well as I know they can and gave 100% I can accept losing. If they play like ****, I will have a hard time accepting that and will be majorly disappointed.

Old
04-05-2012, 01:56 PM
token grinder

Quote:
Anaheim was a fine team last year. They lost pehaps the most important part of their team in Hiller to vertigo. I am not saying that would have put them over the top vs us, but Rinne wasn't great vs the ducks and Emery and Ellis stunk.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 02:50 PM
preds1

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarding Assets View Post
Coming from as classy a guy as Recchi is, I'll take it.

Same here.

Thanks for dropping in and posting it Barresi.

preds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 03:38 PM
VFL615*

Quote:
Let's just say I disagree with you. They were a top heavy team with bad depth after their top six. The Defense was mediocre. Vishnosky and Lydman had great regular season but overachieved greatly and it showed during the playoff series. Fowler was not good defensively. Sbisa still had struggles and then they relied on stalwarts like Broobank,Lilja and Sutton. The D was not ideal to be battling with in the playoffs.

Vishnosky's regular season stats were greatly aided by a potent PP. Their first unit powerplay performed out of this world last year. A knowledgeable fan could easily see that the Preds were getting the better of the play the majority of the series. The only reason the series was as close as it was is because Anaheim had their PP going at an unsustainable rate.

I stick with the assertion this year's match up will be much tougher than last years and I feel strongly about that.
How can a team with the two most productive lines in hockey and having 14 other players on the team with over 20 points have a lack of depth?
No team in the NHL has a team full of all stars. If you are comparing them with Detroit and Chicago, well they sure do not.
No they did not have Suter and Weber on the top line and they did not have to with the numbers they put up. Thier bottom two D lines were just as good as Preds. The Ducks were very good last year and with a healthy Hiller in goal we would have been lucky to get out of that series. Hiller only played 42 games last year. The only lack of depth they had was in goal.

Old
04-05-2012, 08:35 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
next year radulov hopefully will be back!
this year radulov is back!!!!

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 09:35 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

1 game left and we got home ice if we win the last game no matter what else happens!!! **** all the negative nancy's on here.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 09:50 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
1 game left and we got home ice if we win the last game no matter what else happens!!! **** all the negative nancy's on here.
Easy tiger. We haven't won anything yet. Yes, it was awesome we got the win. Yes I am excited but seriously there are still things I worry about and I am sure other people do to. Just because we won doesn't mean we can't improve. Just because you don't like people voicing concerns or doesn't mean you can just tell us to **** off.

Positives, Pekka looked good tonight, Rads looked good tonight. I thought Frankie, Borque, Spaling, Yip, all had solid games. Thought AK was alright. Wish Fisher and Legwand were playing better.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 02:58 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Finally a complete effort by the preds with a win in regulation

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote