All I can do right now is at O'Brien and the rest of the Avs after this game and this season.
I expect plenty of rainbows to be farted out in this thread, but the bottom line is they made way way way too many mistakes in games this year. And yet they were still close enough to make it if they won tonoght and the next game, and if LA wins tonight and the next game.
And what do they do. Get outworked and outsmarted by the worst team and worst goalie, and hand the game away with big mistakes.
I hope a miracle happens and they get Parise and Suter next year, becuase I don't see how this team is gonna be that much better next year just because they have another year under their belts. It's still gonna rely way too heavily on Varly standing on his head.
- Trade RFA Duchene and a prospect for a top 4 D-man and a center
- UFA Milan Hedjuk retires
- RFA Kevin Porter and Peter Mueller can walk. They don't offer much
- UFA Shane O'Brien is not brought back
- UFA's David Jones and Jay McClement are must re-sign's
- Re-sign RFA's Steve Downie, Jamie McGinn and Ryan O'reilly to 3 year contracts.
- UFA Cody McLeod would be nice to have back but not essential
- RFA Erik Johnson signs a 7 year deal
- UFA Matt Hunwick can be brought back as a lower pairing D-man
- RFA Ryan Wilson can be brought back as a lower pairing D-man
Top Line: Olver - O'Reilly - Landeskog
2nd line: McGinn - Stastny - Jones
3rd line: We basically need a whole new 3rd line
4th line: McLeod - McClement - Kobasew
Johnson - ??
Hunwick - Guance
Hedja - O'Bryne
I think we can get a good return by trading Duchene. We should be able to get a 3rd line center and a good D-man if we throw in one of Elliot/Barrie. We can sign a few good two way players for our 3rd line.....I would throw top dollars at Detroit's Juri Hudler and maybe offer a nice contract to Boston's Chris Kelly