HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#81 vs. Penguins

Old
04-06-2012, 12:30 AM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

vCash: 500
I think there's a rule about getting into a fight within the last 5(?) minutes of the game.

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:30 AM
RangerBlues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esa 10 View Post
I don't understand what's so great about Torts unloading on the Pens after the game. Sure, his comments are true, but he should have had NYR handle this stuff during the game. There were 6 minutes left in a game basically meaningless to us. Down 4-2, you knew they weren't coming back. Should have had his players go after Crosby and Letang's soft melons. Letang was out there at the end too. You are not going to get respect in the league by playing clean and then *****ing afterwards. Letang shouldn't have finished the game without a concussion. Soft, gutless reaction by Torts and the team.
There is nothing to be gained in turning this game upside down.

RangerBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:32 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
I don't understand what's so great about Torts unloading on the Pens after the game. Sure, his comments are true, but he should have had NYR handle this stuff during the game. There were 6 minutes left in a game basically meaningless to us. Down 4-2, you knew they weren't coming back. Should have had his players go after Crosby and Letang's soft melons. Letang was out there at the end too. You are not going to get respect in the league by playing clean and then *****ing afterwards. Letang shouldn't have finished the game without a concussion. Soft, gutless reaction by Torts and the team.
Because this team won't go goon squad on you of they're up by 3 in game 81 of the regular season. This team plays the game the right way. Leave the goonery to the Flyers in the first round.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:34 AM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Because this team won't go goon squad on you of they're up by 3 in game 81 of the regular season. This team plays the game the right way. Leave the goonery to the Flyers in the first round.
I support goonery by the flyers on penguins.

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:40 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
I support goonery by the flyers on penguins.
As do I. Potentially, we can meet the in the ECF after they've gone through Philly and Boston.

Old
04-06-2012, 12:40 AM
BlessThisMess513

http://imgur.com/OcQSD

I made a (poorly done) image of the Flyer and Ranger fans in lieu of the Pens dirty play. If any one wants to make something better please do! I would think maybe the Avengers or Justice league with each member being A Ranger, a Flyer, a Devil, a Bruin, and an Islander fighting the big bad Penguin.

BlessThisMess513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:44 AM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessThisMess513 View Post
http://imgur.com/OcQSD

I made a (poorly done) image of the Flyer and Ranger fans in lieu of the Pens dirty play. If any one wants to make something better please do! I would think maybe the Avengers or Justice league with each member being A Ranger, a Flyer, a Devil, a Bruin, and an Islander fighting the big bad Penguin.
Make it a 3 headed dragon with crosby lemieux and buttman.

Old
04-06-2012, 12:46 AM
BlessThisMess513

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
Make it a 3 headed dragon with crosby lemieux and buttman.
Yeah I was looking for a Hercules type picture with him fighting the multi headed Hydra, but I had no such luck.

BlessThisMess513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:47 AM
aandbreatheme

Hey guys, I caught the game and Orpik's hit was totally unnecessary/dirty. Stepan looked to be okay though.

I just had a question: How come Lundqvist never starts against the Pens? (Forgive me, I've only seen your guys' last two match-ups). I think the games would be much tighter.

aandbreatheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:50 AM
Kane One
HFB Partner

vCash: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by andbreatheme View Post
Hey guys, I caught the game and Orpik's hit was totally unnecessary/dirty. Stepan looked to be okay though.

I just had a question: How come Lundqvist never starts against the Pens? (Forgive me, I've only seen your guys' last two match-ups). I think the games would be much tighter.
I believe he had the flu the last meeting and he just had an injured arm, so they rested him. He almost always starts against every division team.

04-06-2012, 12:51 AM
jskramer83

Rangers and flyers fans are getting along?

Yeah right...... When the st Louis blues are cup contenders

jskramer83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:51 AM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessThisMess513 View Post
Yeah I was looking for a Hercules type picture with him fighting the multi headed Hydra, but I had no such luck.
Ill try finding one sometime in a few hours. If you want, use the monster called blue eyes 3 headed dragon. It was from some retarded card game. 3 heads and retarded looking. Arty should be in there with his sniper rifle

Old
04-06-2012, 12:55 AM
aandbreatheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
I believe he had the flu the last meeting and he just had an injured arm, so they rested him. He almost always starts against every division team.
Oh okay, thanks.

aandbreatheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:16 AM
Mrpuck

Quote:
If you watched the game, they never put their stars back on the ice as they were on the PK the remainder of the game. Letang was the only one that had a shift. Also we don't need suspensions for starting a fight in the final 5 minutes.

There will be a time and place for retaliation, which may be in the playoffs. Guess we'll see.

Mrpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:18 AM
Mrpuck

This will be the first time in my life I will be rooting for the Flyers in the playoffs. At least until the 1st round is over.

Mrpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:22 AM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Torts is awesome, he doesn't give a ****. Good luck on your playoff run.

HawksFan74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:23 AM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

Agree with a lot of what Torts said in that post-game interview. Pens are just as dirty, if not more dirty, than other teams in the league but constantly try and take the moral high ground when something happens to their player or when talking in general about the league.

04-06-2012, 01:32 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

So Mario says that the cheapshots should be removed from the game, yet his team consistently throws them. And pens fans have the nerve to call Torts a hypocrite. I hope Philly goes to a bloody game 7 with them, takes them into triple OT while consistently beating the living **** out of them, and then ends their playoff run.

Old
04-06-2012, 01:34 AM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post

Can anyone picture Renney doing this?

"Well, we're very cognizant of the fact that the other team is a bit hypocritical when it comes to these types of plays"

LOL. I really liked Renney, but your right about this.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:36 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
down 2 with 6 minutes left and you think we're out of it? GTFO! That's enough time to score 6 goals and take this game 8-4

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:37 AM
Pay Carl
don't lose touch

espn just talked about the hit, and wrote "Derek Stephan" haha

Pay Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:38 AM
Esa 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrpuck View Post
If you watched the game, they never put their stars back on the ice as they were on the PK the remainder of the game. Letang was the only one that had a shift. Also we don't need suspensions for starting a fight in the final 5 minutes.

There will be a time and place for retaliation, which may be in the playoffs. Guess we'll see.
I did watch the game and Letang is exactly who I'm talking about. He's their most imortand D man. Concussion history. I'm not talking about fighting, that stuff is useless. They should have gone after him with high, borderline hits. Not obvious elbows, but tough bordeline high stuff. NYR lead the league in fighting majors and are up there in hits, but the stats are rather misleading. We don't have players that hit to hurt, make other teams think twice when they're on the ice. NYR hits are of the ordinary take a body variety. This is not a mean team and it may very well be its undoing in a play-off series. They badly need to get players who will make the opposition worried when they're on the ice. Either that or have guys like Dubi, Staal, etc. grow a pair and start playing a mean game.

Esa 10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:42 AM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

You don't injure one of our young stars in a meaningless game without paying dearly. Fortunately for Orpik, he got the protection of the game misconduct.
Pens cannot survive the Flyers, Bruins and Rangers gunning for them. They have managed to antagonize 3 of the most physical teams in the league, and unite their fanbases at the same time.
Mr Bettman pick up the courtesy phone please, it's from a clue salesman.

Kwayry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:44 AM
Leetch3

well isn't that a shocker. check out the highlights of the game on nhl.com and the knee on knee hit is no where to be found like it didn't happen. there is a video for an orpik hit on stepan but its the clean hit from earlier in the game. shocking that the league would 'accidentally' leave that highlight out

Leetch3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:46 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
well isn't that a shocker. check out the highlights of the game on nhl.com and the knee on knee hit is no where to be found like it didn't happen. there is a video for an orpik hit on stepan but its the clean hit from earlier in the game. shocking that the league would 'accidentally' leave that highlight out
Game highlights on NHL.com never include the penalties.