HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#81 vs. Penguins

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-06-2012, 12:30 AM
  #201
Jabroni
The People's Champ
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,830
vCash: 500
I think there's a rule about getting into a fight within the last 5(?) minutes of the game.

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:30 AM
  #202
RangerBlues
Registered User
 
RangerBlues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: BRONX NYC
Posts: 1,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esa 10 View Post
I don't understand what's so great about Torts unloading on the Pens after the game. Sure, his comments are true, but he should have had NYR handle this stuff during the game. There were 6 minutes left in a game basically meaningless to us. Down 4-2, you knew they weren't coming back. Should have had his players go after Crosby and Letang's soft melons. Letang was out there at the end too. You are not going to get respect in the league by playing clean and then *****ing afterwards. Letang shouldn't have finished the game without a concussion. Soft, gutless reaction by Torts and the team.
There is nothing to be gained in turning this game upside down.

RangerBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:32 AM
  #203
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esa 10 View Post
I don't understand what's so great about Torts unloading on the Pens after the game. Sure, his comments are true, but he should have had NYR handle this stuff during the game. There were 6 minutes left in a game basically meaningless to us. Down 4-2, you knew they weren't coming back. Should have had his players go after Crosby and Letang's soft melons. Letang was out there at the end too. You are not going to get respect in the league by playing clean and then *****ing afterwards. Letang shouldn't have finished the game without a concussion. Soft, gutless reaction by Torts and the team.
Because this team won't go goon squad on you of they're up by 3 in game 81 of the regular season. This team plays the game the right way. Leave the goonery to the Flyers in the first round.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:34 AM
  #204
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,382
vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Because this team won't go goon squad on you of they're up by 3 in game 81 of the regular season. This team plays the game the right way. Leave the goonery to the Flyers in the first round.
I support goonery by the flyers on penguins.

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:40 AM
  #205
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
I support goonery by the flyers on penguins.
As do I. Potentially, we can meet the in the ECF after they've gone through Philly and Boston.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:40 AM
  #206
BlessThisMess513
Registered User
 
BlessThisMess513's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Queens, New York
Country: United States
Posts: 699
vCash: 500
http://imgur.com/OcQSD

I made a (poorly done) image of the Flyer and Ranger fans in lieu of the Pens dirty play. If any one wants to make something better please do! I would think maybe the Avengers or Justice league with each member being A Ranger, a Flyer, a Devil, a Bruin, and an Islander fighting the big bad Penguin.

BlessThisMess513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:44 AM
  #207
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,382
vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessThisMess513 View Post
http://imgur.com/OcQSD

I made a (poorly done) image of the Flyer and Ranger fans in lieu of the Pens dirty play. If any one wants to make something better please do! I would think maybe the Avengers or Justice league with each member being A Ranger, a Flyer, a Devil, a Bruin, and an Islander fighting the big bad Penguin.
Make it a 3 headed dragon with crosby lemieux and buttman.

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:46 AM
  #208
BlessThisMess513
Registered User
 
BlessThisMess513's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Queens, New York
Country: United States
Posts: 699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
Make it a 3 headed dragon with crosby lemieux and buttman.
Yeah I was looking for a Hercules type picture with him fighting the multi headed Hydra, but I had no such luck.

BlessThisMess513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:47 AM
  #209
aandbreatheme
Registered User
 
aandbreatheme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 9,244
vCash: 500
Hey guys, I caught the game and Orpik's hit was totally unnecessary/dirty. Stepan looked to be okay though.

I just had a question: How come Lundqvist never starts against the Pens? (Forgive me, I've only seen your guys' last two match-ups). I think the games would be much tighter.

aandbreatheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:50 AM
  #210
Kane One
HFB Partner
 
Kane One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,266
vCash: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by andbreatheme View Post
Hey guys, I caught the game and Orpik's hit was totally unnecessary/dirty. Stepan looked to be okay though.

I just had a question: How come Lundqvist never starts against the Pens? (Forgive me, I've only seen your guys' last two match-ups). I think the games would be much tighter.
I believe he had the flu the last meeting and he just had an injured arm, so they rested him. He almost always starts against every division team.

__________________
Kane One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:51 AM
  #211
jskramer83
Registered User
 
jskramer83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,097
vCash: 500
Rangers and flyers fans are getting along?


Yeah right...... When the st Louis blues are cup contenders

jskramer83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:51 AM
  #212
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,382
vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessThisMess513 View Post
Yeah I was looking for a Hercules type picture with him fighting the multi headed Hydra, but I had no such luck.
Ill try finding one sometime in a few hours. If you want, use the monster called blue eyes 3 headed dragon. It was from some retarded card game. 3 heads and retarded looking. Arty should be in there with his sniper rifle

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:55 AM
  #213
aandbreatheme
Registered User
 
aandbreatheme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 9,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
I believe he had the flu the last meeting and he just had an injured arm, so they rested him. He almost always starts against every division team.
Oh okay, thanks.

aandbreatheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:16 AM
  #214
Mrpuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: East Coast
Country: United States
Posts: 373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esa 10 View Post
I don't understand what's so great about Torts unloading on the Pens after the game. Sure, his comments are true, but he should have had NYR handle this stuff during the game. There were 6 minutes left in a game basically meaningless to us. Down 4-2, you knew they weren't coming back. Should have had his players go after Crosby and Letang's soft melons. Letang was out there at the end too. You are not going to get respect in the league by playing clean and then *****ing afterwards. Letang shouldn't have finished the game without a concussion. Soft, gutless reaction by Torts and the team.
If you watched the game, they never put their stars back on the ice as they were on the PK the remainder of the game. Letang was the only one that had a shift. Also we don't need suspensions for starting a fight in the final 5 minutes.

There will be a time and place for retaliation, which may be in the playoffs. Guess we'll see.

Mrpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:18 AM
  #215
Mrpuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: East Coast
Country: United States
Posts: 373
vCash: 500
This will be the first time in my life I will be rooting for the Flyers in the playoffs. At least until the 1st round is over.

Mrpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:22 AM
  #216
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly
 
HawksFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,650
vCash: 500
Torts is awesome, he doesn't give a ****. Good luck on your playoff run.

HawksFan74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:23 AM
  #217
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie
 
CanadianHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,807
vCash: 500
Agree with a lot of what Torts said in that post-game interview. Pens are just as dirty, if not more dirty, than other teams in the league but constantly try and take the moral high ground when something happens to their player or when talking in general about the league.

__________________
CanadianHockey________ __ __________Sens, Oilers, and Team Canada
CanadianHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:32 AM
  #218
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,351
vCash: 500
So Mario says that the cheapshots should be removed from the game, yet his team consistently throws them. And pens fans have the nerve to call Torts a hypocrite. I hope Philly goes to a bloody game 7 with them, takes them into triple OT while consistently beating the living **** out of them, and then ends their playoff run.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:34 AM
  #219
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post


Can anyone picture Renney doing this?

"Well, we're very cognizant of the fact that the other team is a bit hypocritical when it comes to these types of plays"

LOL. I really liked Renney, but your right about this.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:36 AM
  #220
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: san francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,405
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esa 10 View Post
I don't understand what's so great about Torts unloading on the Pens after the game. Sure, his comments are true, but he should have had NYR handle this stuff during the game. There were 6 minutes left in a game basically meaningless to us. Down 4-2, you knew they weren't coming back. Should have had his players go after Crosby and Letang's soft melons. Letang was out there at the end too. You are not going to get respect in the league by playing clean and then *****ing afterwards. Letang shouldn't have finished the game without a concussion. Soft, gutless reaction by Torts and the team.
down 2 with 6 minutes left and you think we're out of it? GTFO! That's enough time to score 6 goals and take this game 8-4

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:37 AM
  #221
Pay Carl
don't lose touch
 
Pay Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 10,410
vCash: 500
espn just talked about the hit, and wrote "Derek Stephan" haha

Pay Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:38 AM
  #222
Esa 10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrpuck View Post
If you watched the game, they never put their stars back on the ice as they were on the PK the remainder of the game. Letang was the only one that had a shift. Also we don't need suspensions for starting a fight in the final 5 minutes.

There will be a time and place for retaliation, which may be in the playoffs. Guess we'll see.
I did watch the game and Letang is exactly who I'm talking about. He's their most imortand D man. Concussion history. I'm not talking about fighting, that stuff is useless. They should have gone after him with high, borderline hits. Not obvious elbows, but tough bordeline high stuff. NYR lead the league in fighting majors and are up there in hits, but the stats are rather misleading. We don't have players that hit to hurt, make other teams think twice when they're on the ice. NYR hits are of the ordinary take a body variety. This is not a mean team and it may very well be its undoing in a play-off series. They badly need to get players who will make the opposition worried when they're on the ice. Either that or have guys like Dubi, Staal, etc. grow a pair and start playing a mean game.

Esa 10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:42 AM
  #223
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
You don't injure one of our young stars in a meaningless game without paying dearly. Fortunately for Orpik, he got the protection of the game misconduct.
Pens cannot survive the Flyers, Bruins and Rangers gunning for them. They have managed to antagonize 3 of the most physical teams in the league, and unite their fanbases at the same time.
Mr Bettman pick up the courtesy phone please, it's from a clue salesman.

Kwayry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:44 AM
  #224
Leetch3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,315
vCash: 500
well isn't that a shocker. check out the highlights of the game on nhl.com and the knee on knee hit is no where to be found like it didn't happen. there is a video for an orpik hit on stepan but its the clean hit from earlier in the game. shocking that the league would 'accidentally' leave that highlight out

Leetch3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:46 AM
  #225
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
well isn't that a shocker. check out the highlights of the game on nhl.com and the knee on knee hit is no where to be found like it didn't happen. there is a video for an orpik hit on stepan but its the clean hit from earlier in the game. shocking that the league would 'accidentally' leave that highlight out
Game highlights on NHL.com never include the penalties.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.