HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

#81 KINGS v SHARKS, 4/5/12, OT Loss T&T ... Sharks steal one @ Staples

Old
04-06-2012, 01:25 AM
The Butcher
Gutless

vCash: 500
I think the division is going to boil down to a shootout between these two teams.

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:26 AM
Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
They are not going to win both of their games. Two fan appreciation night games back to back on the road? Forget it. They'll be lucky to get one point.
How'd the Kings do on fan appreciation night at home?

It's more than a little disconcerting that every single time we play the most important game of the season, our super-magical-unbeatable-defense-first "system" goes straight the **** out the window. Yeah the refs suck, but:

- we gave up 3 powerplay goals and lost six to five.
- We had a two goal lead with less than a minute to go in the 2nd and lost.

Pathetic.

Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:26 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Dean Lombardi was smart to decline comment on the incident But I think another fine would have been worth it given the effect it had on the team last time... Perfect timing for it too.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:27 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

This game should not have gone to a shootout. In all honesty, the Kings outplayed the Sharks, but they beat themselves with their lazy/stupid penalties that they committed along with some questionable decision making that the Sharks capitalized on. Quick had a very poor game, it was apparent from the very first goal he let in. Can't count on him to bail the team out every night, however, this better not creep up in the playoffs for a third consecutive year.

The Kings prove once again, just like they did last year in the playoffs, that they can take the Sharks. They need to be smarter and sharper, stay out of the box, try not to shoot into a Sharks players' shin pads when he is standing directly in front of you, and clean up the PK. Quick's penalty on Moore was unnecessary and proved to be the turning point of the game. Put this loss behind them and move on to the next game and earn those two points to capture the Division title (with Phoenix hopefully losing one of their next two).

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:28 AM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
I'm curious to read Surly & Bobby's comments on their blog.
It's gonna be hilarious.

Albi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:30 AM
TonySCV
One More Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
How'd the Kings do on fan appreciation night at home?

It's more than a little disconcerting that every single time we play the most important game of the season, our super-magical-unbeatable-defense-first "system" goes straight the **** out the window. Yeah the refs suck, but:

- we gave up 3 powerplay goals and lost six to five.
- We had a two goal lead with less than a minute to go in the 2nd and lost.

Pathetic.
Aside from the timing of the game itself in the course of a season, there have been exactly 2 games this season where Quick allowed 5. It was a (badly-timed) anomaly. If they poop the bed again Saturday... I still won't be that concerned. a lot of it had to do with the opponent and the ****-ton of undisciplined penalties.

This was more a matter of youthful exuberance trying (and failing) to exact some revenge on the team they lost in the playoffs to last season. They got off their game mentally and paid for it. They'll be much better Saturday (and with Carter back when the playoffs roll around).

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:33 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
"I have no idea what you guys are talking about... I'll have to see the video or something. You'll have to show me on video."

-Ryane Clowe

Old
04-06-2012, 01:35 AM
Willard
Kings All The Way

In honor of Couture:

Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
"I have no idea what you guys are talking about... I'll have to see the video or something. You'll have to show me on video."

-Ryane Clowe

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
butteryslugz
L.A. Kings Fan

lol im still trying to comprehend what just happened

butteryslugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:39 AM
TonySCV
One More Time

Leiweke is pissed.

"In an email, Kings governor Tim Leiweke wrote, “It’s a shame that a guy can cheat and get away with it in a game this important.”"

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:39 AM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Brown's has that full on terminator eye thing going during the postgame interview. That thing looks really bad.

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:40 AM
The Butcher
Gutless

Quote:

-Ryane Clowe
I've never seen anything like that in 20 years of watching the nhl.

I doubt it had any real impact but who knows. Either way I think it's a disgrace.

Old
04-06-2012, 01:40 AM
chesed

Just came back from the game. I went in having some respect for the Sharks... good rivals. Then they start diving all over the place, refs missing crap. It was stunning. No more respect there.

Everyone was chanting "refs you suck."

Regardless, it was a great game to watch. Some fights, lots of scoring (unfortunately on both ends).

chesed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:44 AM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Quote:
I'm not that upset.

It took a night off from the refs, Clowe cheating and a shootout for the Sharks to beat the Kings and that's without Carter.

This is a very beatable San Jose team with a putrid PK that lucked out. The Kings could easily beat them in a 7 game series.
Yep...

I wonder if Sutter will sit out Slava on Saturday. We know he's hurting, cos he just wasn't playing the same tonight.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:44 AM
Willard
Kings All The Way

Quote:

-Ryane Clowe
Oh so he lies about it too. There are words for this sort of display of sportsmanship that I cannot use on these boards

Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:46 AM
Bandit

Quote:

-Ryane Clowe
**** you Ryan Clowe.

-Me

Old
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakingsdrummer View Post
I've never seen anything like that in 20 years of watching the nhl.

I doubt it had any real impact but who knows. Either way I think it's a disgrace.
The funny thing is it probably didn't, but I am almost more pissed off over that play than the Kings losing. I hate the fact that we gave away those two points to San Jose more, but this was just so blatant and disrespectful that it is right up there.

That fact that it is even feasibly possible now is frustrating. Nothing happened and the Sharks won with no penalty called. Next season, if there is an important late season game, and you need to stop a rush, why not try it? If it gets called, it is a minor penalty. Let's just turn this into basketball, when the team is down late, we will just all hook and slash from the bench to prevent scoring chances

Old
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWest View Post
OK, my ******** over that game has started to fade. It was a bad one though.

Great post.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:49 AM
Bandit

Quote:
Aside from the timing of the game itself in the course of a season, there have been exactly 2 games this season where Quick allowed 5. It was a (badly-timed) anomaly. If they poop the bed again Saturday... I still won't be that concerned. a lot of it had to do with the opponent and the ****-ton of undisciplined penalties.

This was more a matter of youthful exuberance trying (and failing) to exact some revenge on the team they lost in the playoffs to last season. They got off their game mentally and paid for it. They'll be much better Saturday (and with Carter back when the playoffs roll around).
I certainly hope you're right, but we saw it in the playoffs against Vancouver, we saw it in the playoffs against San Jose, and we saw it again tonight. When do they "grow up?"

Old
04-06-2012, 01:54 AM
Nose of Sutter

Starting to feel better now and reading through my posts I actually feel bad for some of the stuff I've said, uncalled for on my part. I think I'm going to make an apology on the sharks board tomorrow morning.

Nose of Sutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:54 AM
The Butcher
Gutless

Quote:
The funny thing is it probably didn't, but I am almost more pissed off over that play than the Kings losing. I hate the fact that we gave away those two points to San Jose more, but this was just so blatant and disrespectful that it is right up there.

That fact that it is even feasibly possible now is frustrating. Nothing happened and the Sharks won with no penalty called. Next season, if there is an important late season game, and you need to stop a rush, why not try it? If it gets called, it is a minor penalty. Let's just turn this into basketball, when the team is down late, we will just all hook and slash from the bench to prevent scoring chances
I think Clowe having to explain this to his teammates and management is worse than any fine or suspension. Hockey players are supposed to be better than that.

This was a player I've always wanted to see in a Kings uniform before watching that play.

Unreal.

Old
04-06-2012, 01:59 AM
SLang

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbfrc View Post
This Sharks team can snipe the puck from the top of the face off circles and in. Dont look to the officiating, look to forcing them to take off angle, forced or deflected shots. We have their passing game figured out. We need to not give them wide open shots. Quick cant stop those, not from this team at that pace.
For all the people saying the Kings were screwed by officiating........good teams find ways to win games. Saturdays game will tell you alot about our team. They screwed up at home. How do you react? Have you grown since being pushed out of the playoffs by this team? Do you have the will to win in the most intimidating environment?
Like this post.

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 02:00 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Scuderi played like **** tonight. That goal by Havlat where Scuderi just stood there in front of the goal swatting at the puck... I've seen that too many times. I'm sick of Scuds' non-contact style of play.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 02:04 AM
SLang

What really irks me about the Clowe deal is it wrecked what otherwise was an epic, epic hockey game. If he hadn't done it I actually would have been ok with the loss because I was so damn entertained for three hours after a hard day at work. I mean, that's why I watch, right? But them winning after that just tainted the whole thing.

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote